• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Emitan

iObNEmQHKVxtq.gif

What?

I can't stand p3 or 4. Something about the character design and the fact that i hated the high school setting .I'm a huge fan of digital devil saga, p2 and smt:nocturne.

This boot thing really sucks. The ones that are tight around my calf suck. The ones that look cool on display look stupid on legs.

There are definitely different boots that work on different body types or just different sort of outfits. Do you have long legs? I have relatively short legs so I stick to booties or ones that end slightly lower than others. If I have longer boots, I wear something with a vertical line, like a skirt with a slit. My favorite boots this winter are definitely my poetic licence boots:
41wGEtQ7dHL.jpg

I have them in black as well. They can also be worn with the top part up, if I want a longer boot.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I posted this in the OKcupid thread, but I'd just like girl-gaf's opinion. Friend of mine took some photos of me, which I thought were pretty decent, but I'd just like some reassurance:

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Apoplexyglass/photos#0

Do I look okay overall in these pics? Friend who took the pics (he's gay, btw) also styled my hair in most of them, insisted that I looked nice, and also insisted that I take semi-shirtless. I don't generally show a lot of skin so I want to make sure he didn't just set me up to look stupid.

Be brutally honest, ladies!

I posted this in the OKcupid thread, but I'd just like girl-gaf's opinion. Friend of mine took some photos of me, which I thought were pretty decent, but I'd just like some reassurance:

Do I look okay overall in these pics? Friend who took the pics (he's gay, btw) also styled my hair in most of them, insisted that I looked nice, and also insisted that I take semi-shirtless. I don't generally show a lot of skin so I want to make sure he didn't just set me up to look stupid.

Your hair looks very weird in the first couple of pics, way Way WAY too much product. I can almost hear the crunch sound it would make if I messed with it.

Also the shirtless pic is super creepy and not needed. I half expected to see a penis while I was scrolling down the screen.

Get rid of the first three and last two. At least that's my opinions. Guys who post topless or muscle pics just come off as a creep to me .

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Your hair looks very weird in the first couple of pics, way Way WAY too much product. I can almost hear the crunch sound it would make if I messed with it.

Also the shirtless pic is super creepy and not needed. I half expected to see a penis while I was scrolling down the screen.

Get rid of the first three and last two. At least that's my opinions. Guys who post topless or muscle pics just come off as a creep to me .

D:

Last time I get advice from a gay person, let me tell ya.

Ezalc

Not a lady here, but you sort of remind me of Ted from HIMYM.

There are definitely different boots that work on different body types or just different sort of outfits. Do you have long legs? I have relatively short legs so I stick to booties or ones that end slightly lower than others. If I have longer boots, I wear something with a vertical line, like a skirt with a slit. My favorite boots this winter are definitely my poetic licence boots:
41wGEtQ7dHL.jpg

I have them in black as well. They can also be worn with the top part up, if I want a longer boot.

My inseem is shorter but my legs look long due to being so thin. Mostly I just have problems finding a shoe that doesn't seen awkwardly stiff in the ankle and tight on my calf. I don't like boots that bow out from the calf but the ones that actually are less stiff in the ankle and fit my calf have ridiculous heels.

Ezalc

Is...that a good thing?

Well from a personality standpoint he's an asshole. From a looks standpoint he's not bad, though I'm not gay so take that as you will. Also gonna have to agree and say no to shirtless pics and that hair from the first few man.

Samara

Damn these boots look nice. I have to learn to walk in heels tho. I borrowed some one night and people kept asking me if I needed help :(

Also Oblivion just dont pose too much and lose that b/w picture.

Zoe

Those boots are cute--too bad Zappo's doesn't have them ( but I'm too much of a cheapskate anyway).

My calves are too large for boots no matter how much I weigh. Guess I should start looking into booties.

I saw a woman walking on campus with high heeled boots and I just wanted to facepalm.
Am I a bad person if I want them to trip? Of course not a "fall and break your neck" trip. >_>

I try not to judge women for wearing whatever shoes they so feel inclined to wear.

But when they're six-inch platform stilettos that not only do not fit, but make the the wearer look like she has the motor skills of an eight month old, they make it really really hard.

There's nothing wrong with a shirtless pic. It's just that one isn't a particularly great one.

Don't think there's anything wrong on the very first pic.

I saw a woman walking on campus with high heeled boots and I just wanted to facepalm.
Am I a bad person if I want them to trip? Of course not a "fall and break your neck" trip. >_>

Not really surprising.

Wuv heels. #fabulous

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
If I wore heels I'd end up looking taller than most men around here! Most English men are soooo short. :|

mollipen

Maybe I'll be alone in this, but I think too many of the photos are shots that are too close to your face. It feels a little intimidating, at least to me. *laughs* I think your first pic feels friendlier. Photos are hard, because you don't want them to look posed, but you also don't want them to look terrible. But I'd say you should try to find some pics that are less "close up shot in my dark room" and more "shots out doing things" kinds of stuff.

I also agree with Arsenic Yellow on too much hair product, and the shirtless pic it a little weird.

Maybe I'll be alone in this, but I think too many of the photos are shots that are too close to your face. It feels a little intimidating, at least to me. *laughs* I think your first pic feels friendlier. Photos are hard, because you don't want them to look posed, but you also don't want them to look terrible. But I'd say you should try to find some pics that are less "close up shot in my dark room" and more "shots out doing things" kinds of stuff.

I also agree with Arsenic Yellow on too much hair product, and the shirtless pic it a little weird.

I'll jump in to agree, and add that profile pics should reflect the person you want other people to see.

If you want them to see artsy dramatic moody you, well, most of what you've got will do. If you want relaxed and confident, stick with photo #1-type.

/my2cents.

You know, I've always thought uggs were hideous, but I felt a pair for the first time this week and they felt like heaven, especially with this cold weather in Boston. I want a pair in red...I'm tryin to find another brand as comfortable but cuter, failing miserably. I also just bought a ton of fleece tights, can't wait to get back to wearing dresses and skirts now

Opiate

I think this will depend on your objective. Most of my friends on dating sites immediately dismiss profiles with hot bikini girl or shirtless guy pictures, but it's also true that very few of my friends are looking for random hookups and casual encounters. The criteria would likely change if that were their goal.

I agree with Anti-Monitor that a shirtless pic may be a good idea if you are simply looking for casual sex, but it may be a very bad idea if you aren't. As I said, a lot of my female friends immediately dismiss men who think their raw, unbridled musk is the primary means of attraction.

A.E Suggs

You just jelly because you can't pull it off :p. Why else would you wish that on someone, unless you jelly of them.
I kid but you probably really are jelly...or have issues >_>

Not really surprising.

Wuv heels. #fabulous
Femme is the very reason that invented the word hater. She reminds me of well me when I was 13 and couldn't pull off muscle shirts or shorts.

Opiate

I didn't say this.

I said a shirtless pic can be okay. But most of them look bad. However, if you look well enough shirtless, why not show it?

I just offered an explanation. I'm saying you're right in some situations -- but if you want to apply this uniformly you're simply wrong. I have friends who, again, actively avoid profiles which prominently display pictures with hot bikini bodies / shirtless guy pictures. This isn't a small number of people, as virtually all my friends fit this description from both genders. I just asked my sister (who is visiting at the moment) and she also agreed. Several of my friends explicitly state in their profiles that any guy who sends shirtless pics will be immediately ignored. All of this is anecdotal, of course, which I'm loathe to rely on, but absent statistically robust studies we don't have much more evidence.

The reasoning, again: it isn't that attractive bodies are something to be ashamed of. It's not evil or immoral, it's just superficial, and many consider it a warning sign if you prioritize superficial concerns.

You know, I've always thought uggs were hideous, but I felt a pair for the first time this week and they felt like heaven, especially with this cold weather in Boston. I want a pair in red...I'm tryin to find another brand as comfortable but cuter, failing miserably. I also just bought a ton of fleece tights, can't wait to get back to wearing dresses and skirts now

http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Womens/_/Bare+Traps/Boots~Cold+Weather/_/Products.aspx
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...+traps&ie=UTF8&qid=1354918546&rnid=3316045011

A.E Suggs

D:

Last time I get advice from a gay person, let me tell ya.

Good cause I wasn't gonna give you advice anyway :(.

Do like others have said lose the shirt,not like your chest is anything special either so instead of an turn on it can be a turn-off.

Prax

I want boots that are comfortable but also look like they can injure someone were I trifled with. Is this possible? XD

Maybe like these:
134775024_kids-girls-black-fur-collar-military-army-boots-sz-10-3-.jpg
206292100.jpg

But meaner. AND classier. And no heel higher than 2 inches.
And if it's 2 inches, the front of the sole also needs to be thick to compensate so the height differential is no bigger than 1.5 inches.
Also it needs to be warm, hopefully waterproof, and comfortable.
And maybe under $300.

Does it exist? XD

I want boots that are comfortable but also look like they can injure someone were I trifled with. Is this possible? XD

Maybe like these:
134775024_kids-girls-black-fur-collar-military-army-boots-sz-10-3-.jpg
206292100.jpg

But meaner. AND classier. And no heel higher than 2 inches.
And if it's 2 inches, the front of the sole also needs to be thick to compensate so the height differential is no bigger than 1.5 inches.
Also it needs to be warm, hopefully waterproof, and comfortable.
And maybe under $300.

Does it exist? XD

Those are marvelous! I'm also always looking for shoes that "look like they can injure someone were I trifled with." If I had more money I'd probably be an absolute boot whore. I love boots.

Just grabbed a pair of theses (though mine are brown):

6PS8O.jpg

Top Bottom