• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

I'm fucked until I get a new memory card.

I'm still rocking on a 4GB Card and I can't transfer my GE2 demo save thanks to that.

Edit:
That "flicker" on Charge Spear made it easier to see if it's on its open-spearhead state. Though I pretty much memorized when exactly it stays and goes off in the demo. -__-

Arcblast

Neo Member
Got this game while I was in Japan last week. Should have posted sooner.
1eIUm11.jpg

My pre-order slip at Bikku Camera. For anyone who is interested...
http://i.imgur.com/UNzd0jG.jpg
It's interesting that I didn't have to put down any money to pre-order. You also save 600 yen by pre-ordering the game.

Promotional Guide - Sorry about the image quality

God Eater 2 Japanese PSN Point Cards

My character says hi to you all Gaffers

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Got this game while I was in Japan last week. Should have posted sooner.

My pre-order slip at Bikku Camera. For anyone who is interested...
http://i.imgur.com/UNzd0jG.jpg
It's interesting that I didn't have to put down any money to pre-order. You also save 600 yen by pre-ordering the game.

Promotional Guide - Sorry about the image quality

God Eater 2 Japanese PSN Point Cards

There actually is a 2nd promotional guide too which the cover was black. Had both. Sent the white and black one to my buddy in the US, since hes a huge fan of the series along with his PSV GE edition.

Arcblast

Neo Member
There actually is a 2nd promotional guide too which the cover was black.

Is it? Blah, the Bic Camera I went to didn't have the black one. I would love to have the black one as well.

Does Asia ver. have English text option by any chance?

I doubt it... Asian version usually won't any have English text until the game is localized in the US. Though there are some exceptions of course.

Parakeetman

Been hearing some good stuff about this. Shame Bamco may never release it =/

Actually thats not exactly true considering the trophies are already translated into english, which is a pretty good sign that it might come out in the West.

Is it? Blah, the Bic Camera I went to didn't have the black one. I would love to have the black one as well.

I doubt it... Asian version usually won't any have English text until the game is localized in the US. Though there are some exceptions of course.

Yeah the black one came out before the white one did. In terms of promotional materials.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
lol wtf happened in that video? I wonder if that is legit? hilarious though, reminds me of that skyrim vid with the guy shooting the arrow in the air and it kills that prophet after perfectly landing on his head.
He posted another video for proof and details in the comments, takes 30 seconds to charge and does like 18k damage lol
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22262356

It's yasumi's character's twin!

The Media Create Sales are up. The Vita version sold 266,326 copies and the PSP version 112,024. The two versions have sold 378,350 copies.
Is this the first time since the price drop that Vita has outsold the 3DS?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Really wish that I could get one of those guides. On the 3rd rank missions now.

Parakeetman

He posted another video for proof and details in the comments, takes 30 seconds to charge and does like 18k damage lol
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22262356

Is this the first time since the price drop that Vita has outsold the 3DS?

Thats insane haha great stuff.

Man those are some great numbers for a non monster hunter game. Hope that it keeps going too towards the holidays / new years. Esp with the 2nd demo being pushed out today. I think thats the plan behind it. Get people more into the game before Christmas / New Years as thats when a bunch of product moves.

Thanks a lot!

I guess I'll wait around to see if one for the female player character shows up somewhere.

Yep no problem. Glad I could be of assistance.

Ken

Could someone explain the combat systems unique to God Eater to me? Like, what that charge up move is and how the guns work.

Arcblast

Neo Member
Yeah the black one came out before the white one did. In terms of promotional materials.

Ohh... I see. Guess that's why I didn't see it. Is there any difference between the two??

Hahaha, yeah, I noticed. It would be even funnier if we both chose the same voice. ;)

Alisa finally shows up <3

Alisa is the best! Also the best AI partner IMO.

Random pic:
http://imgur.com/HHcz96s

Parakeetman

Could someone explain the combat systems unique to God Eater to me? Like, what that charge up move is and how the guns work.

Which charge up move exactly? The one where a giant mouth appears? If so what that does is allow you to steal an attack from the enemy when its still alive. When the enemy is dead you can harvest materials used to craft weapons / items with.

The special attack harvested from the enemy while in combat with it, allows you to do a similar attack back at the enemy or pass it to your team members (R1 + Triangle) which helps power them up to 3 different levels, that is represented by the mark next to their name goes from
< --- <<< to represent what burst level they are.

One of the fastest ways to do the devour move is to basically work it into a combo. Do either square or triangle attack then hold down R1 and press Triangle at the same time. If done correctly the devour move should happen instantly. Once again you need to do at least one attack action before performing the instant devour move.

The gun mode can be used with simple straight forward aiming / strafing or you can go into an aiming mode with the L1 I think it was. Dont have the game with me currently so writing this fast so memory is a little hazy. You also can cycle through the different ammunition types and just experiment with them to see what they do.

The elements of the standard default bullets are all color coded for ease of recognition in the event if one is unable to read the Japanese characters.

Red = Fire
Blue = Ice
Yellow = Lightning
Purple = Holy

Then there are the status ailment types

Poison &#27602;
Paralyze &#40635;&#30202;

---

some examples below from the US version of GEB.

http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/Bullets

Also if you poke around the net you should get a lot of hits for information on bullet creation. Though might be a little more difficult considering the text of the game you have is all in Japanese vs. the English tutorials out there.

Im more of a melee guy than ranged, so I dont really mess around with the bullet system all that much past making some simple tweaks to the existing rounds.

Parakeetman

Ohh... I see. Guess that's why I didn't see it. Is there any difference between the two??

Hahaha, yeah, I noticed. It would be even funnier if we both chose the same voice. ;)

Alisa is the best! Also the best AI partner IMO.

Random pic:
http://imgur.com/HHcz96s

My friend actually sent me a scan of it which he did up last night. Though I have yet to UL it to some freedownload site atm. He didnt make it hires though due to not wanting to have a massive PDF file size.

Parakeetman

I'm really enjoying these character episodes.

I agree! She was the best in Burst as well. The best healer in the game. Will always pick her when possible.

I always thought Canon was the best healer since she used the breath type of shot which would pretty much almost fill you up to full. Same in GE2. Though the blue on blue does get a little irritating after a while. D:

I always thought Canon was the best healer since she used the breath type of shot which would pretty much almost fill you up to full. Same in GE2. Though the blue on blue does get a little irritating after a while. D:

As a melee person, Kanon's knockback bullets keep messing up my combos.

Parakeetman

As a melee person, Kanon's knockback bullets keep messing up my combos.

Same lol Though her damage output is surprisingly good. Just yeah combos get messed up so I tend to stay away from the lighter weapons that require a longer combo chain to do more damage and go with the buster blade when I have canon in the team.

Or take the Long blade and do impulse burst over and over and over again using the Blood Arts which allows for multiple shots with the impulse burst move. Great way to break a ton of parts on an enemy or "down lock" him just due to the insane damage output.

This OT is incredible. Good job Parakeetman! Here's hoping for a US localization... :|

Thanks! If the trophies being in English are any sort of sign, decent chance in getting it in the US Id say.

Kincaido

Kanon might be the best healer, but I wouldn't know since I usually don't take her because of her bullets. Kept interrupting my combos during her character episode lol. I like her, but I don't like her being on my team :x

Parakeetman

Kanon might be the best healer, but I wouldn't know since I usually don't take her because of her bullets. Kept interrupting my combos during her character episode lol. I like her, but I don't like her being on my team :x

Moar waifu for me~

Her figure is still sitting safely in the amazon box it arrived in at my place lol.

I usually drag her along when there is a monster type that needs to have its parts broken.

Same lol Though her damage output is surprisingly good. Just yeah combos get messed up so I tend to stay away from the lighter weapons that require a longer combo chain to do more damage and go with the buster blade when I have canon in the team.

I like my Laoyang too much for it.

Wish the game allowed for you to take one weapons stats/skills and give,them a different skin.

Parakeetman

I like my Laoyang too much for it.

Wish the game allowed for you to take one weapons stats/skills and give,them a different skin.

Thats like almost any game I wish it had that ability. D:

Was kinda cool that I think Guild Wars 2 sorta allowed for that.

For Gill's 1st Character Episode, what monster does the 2nd required item that you have to bring along drop from?

Can't find it in my Item Box T_T

Parakeetman

For Gill's 1st Character Episode, what monster does the 2nd required item that you have to bring along drop from?

Can't find it in my Item Box T_T

Do the lv2 mission called &#12522;&#12508;&#12523;&#12496;&#12540;&#12539;&#12461;&#12515;&#12483;&#12488;.

There is also a lv 2 high rank mission - &#12473;&#12493;&#12540;&#12463;&#12450;&#12452; that contains the monster you need, but it spawns along with another one. For that mission target the other enemy first as it has lower HP then take out the main target. If you do it the other way around you usually wind up having to fight both. You will start out in the church. Exit right I think is the correct way. Dont remember the exact facing but am pretty sure its the right side. Though if you want to kill it faster do the normal mission above and not this one. Though this does give you more money and you get parts reward from these 2 monsters. So up to you lol

You need to kill this thing called &#12521;&#12540;&#12532;&#12449;&#12490;

c_s1302693648_0.jpg

Weakness is Ice / Lightning. Get behind it when you can as that area isnt armored like its face / front legs. But you can break the face / front legs along with the cannon on its back I do believe. Hitting that orb on its back does a lot of damage too.

I would make a vid for you but am kinda busy taking care of a ton of stuff before the folks arrive for the holidays. Starting from tomorrow till the 26th will be a little slower with replies as family will be in town. So only in the evenings will I have time to post unfortunately. My mob. is a POS so using the internet on it drains batteries which is why dont check GAF from it. D: Will do my best to answer questions in the evening though!

Arcblast

Neo Member
Wow, same hair and hairclip style. Even our eyes are fairly close. Just in case the coincidence runs that deep, I'm pretty sure I picked voice 9.

Aww... I picked voice 6. Well, if we 180 our monitors, then 6 = 9. So in the end it's the same :p

Parakeetman

In regards to pre-orders in Japan generally you dont need to put any sort of money down. At least not with the games. Though one example of where you had to pre-pay in advance would be the PS4 via / Sony Store.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
In regards to pre-orders in Japan generally you dont need to put any sort of money down. At least not with the games. Though one example of where you had to pre-pay in advance would be the PS4 via / Sony Store.
Not true for Yamada Denki. 500 yen up front for a game, 2000 for a console. Still, the prices are better than Geo/Bic/Yodobashi, so I always preorder there.

Parakeetman

Not true for Yamada Denki. 500 yen up front for a game, 2000 for a console. Still, the prices are better than Geo/Bic/Yodobashi, so I always preorder there.

lol are you serious Yamada takes money? No wonder why nobody shops there in the gaming section all the time.

I remember Sakuraya didnt, Bic, Yodobashi, Softmap etc. Even back in the days this is 10+ years ago smaller stores didnt take money either.

N64 reservation free, PS1 free, PS2 free, Wii free, etc.

Interesting to hear Yamada does it though.

*Edit

I just use amazon these days since the store in my town closed and the other one is run by pricks lol. Back when I worked in the city was mostly yodobashi even though they sold pretty much close to the SRP. Sofmap was a little cheaper, but they usually had pretty limited quantities.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Woooh for real? You just blew my mind.
Yeah, I was really surprised as well, but since it's not like the money is gone, I don't even care that much.

Only downside is that you actually have to go there to cancel preorders to get your money back.

Kincaido

A heads up to the importers that can't read Japanese or for anyone that does synthesis a lot. In Rank 4 you need to give two items to Rachel.

They are &#22899;&#31070;&#32764;&#29255; and &#30334;&#39740;&#37476;&#29226; which you get in the earlier Rank 4 Missions. I have to do &#39740;&#12398;&#23621;&#12396;&#38291;&#12395; for &#30334;&#39740;&#37476;&#29226; again since I used mine to create something lol.

Parakeetman

A heads up to the importers that can't read Japanese or for anyone that does synthesis a lot. In Rank 4 you need to give two items to Rachel.

They are &#22899;&#31070;&#32764;&#29255; and &#30334;&#39740;&#37476;&#29226; which you get in the earlier Rank 4 Missions. I have to do &#39740;&#12398;&#23621;&#12396;&#38291;&#12395; for &#30334;&#39740;&#37476;&#29226; again since I used mine to create something lol.

I have such a massive surplus of everything its more a problem of finding it in my inventory than anything lol. Makes for great extra money though.

One thing odd is the Aragami Thread, the icon is for the convert to cash, but yet it does not go into the convert to cash sub category when you sort it, which is odd. Makes me wonder if its actually used in any recipes. Have not had any yet that use it, so just been selling anything that brings the number over 20.

All the other stuff like holy water, gold dust? Ive sold as it has no use apparently.

Parakeetman

How do you initiate character episodes? I'm in rank 2 and I don't think I've done any....

The game should tell you the first time you are able to do them. It should be after you
unlock Ciels blood arts ability
from there you will get some unlocked. You can also check which you can do in the terminal. Also when you will be able to initiate character episodes you will see a Triangle button prompt too letting you know you can initiate the character episodes.

Kincaido

I have such a massive surplus of everything its more a problem of finding it in my inventory than anything lol. Makes for great extra money though.

One thing odd is the Aragami Thread, the icon is for the convert to cash, but yet it does not go into the convert to cash sub category when you sort it, which is odd. Makes me wonder if its actually used in any recipes. Have not had any yet that use it, so just been selling anything that brings the number over 20.

All the other stuff like holy water, gold dust? Ive sold as it has no use apparently.

I had that problem with Gilbert's earlier character episodes lol. I've just been selling the Aragami Threads.

Parakeetman

Have you run into Yuu yet? Also interested to see if that Yuu/Alisa thing became canon.

Have not run into the previous main character yet, though the other story characters do mention him/her.

do have the feeling that

its kigurumi lol

Dr. Buni

Hey. I've been wondering, is the gameplay of this series similar to Monster Hunter or it just hm... look similar? I'll be buying a Vita in the next months and I will certainly want to buy the good MH-like games out there.

Parakeetman

Hey. I've been wondering, is the gameplay of this series similar to Monster Hunter or it just hm... look similar? I'll be buying a Vita in the next months and I will certainly want to buy the good MH-like games out there.

If by you mean co-op play and what not sure its similar. That and well hunting action I suppose. Though the action is a lot more fast paced than Monster Hunter. If you like the genre am sure you might enjoy this one. Plus unlike monster hunter the God Eater series has an actual story.

Watch the videos, since those would give you an idea of what the game is about.

Top Bottom