• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn |OT| DJINNS DJINNS DJINNS DJINNS oh god i am drowning in them

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Will there ever be a time I can get back into Kaocho Palace? Cause in the town there is a Venus djinn mocking me for not being able ta get to it since the only path from what I can see is through the palace ;_;

Varion

Lindsay said:
Will there ever be a time I can get back into Kaocho Palace? Cause in the town there is a Venus djinn mocking me for not being able ta get to it since the only path from what I can see is through the palace ;_;
You don't need to go through the palace to get it. Search harder!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Varion said:
You don't need to go through the palace to get it. Search harder!

I was about ta beg ya for the how-to but one last checking around an you was right! I did it! Why didn't I think about grip until now?! Whatever yay its on to craggy peek, I guess? Do I gots the right amount of djinn on-hand (5 Venus, 5 Mars, 4 Jupiter, 6 Mercury) taking into consideration the 1 mercury I lost forever?

So at what point in the game do I stop being a complete pawn for the villains? 'cause I'm at Ayuthaya and so far everything feels like its "just as planned".

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
hypersheep said:
So at what point in the game do I stop being a complete pawn for the villains? 'cause I'm at Ayuthaya and so far everything feels like its "just as planned".
It wouldn't be Golden Sun if you weren't doing someone else's dirty work.

Mael

OMG 'm slow at playing this game :lol

Also I keep hearing of the no-return points, but are they REALLY no return points or is it like in Golden Sun and TLA where TLA didn't have any point of no return and Golden Sun had one in the very last area of the game?

I mean nobody found a way back to earlier places like in Golden Sun where they were well hidden?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mael said:
OMG 'm slow at playing this game :lol

Also I keep hearing of the no-return points, but are they REALLY no return points or is it like in Golden Sun and TLA where TLA didn't have any point of no return and Golden Sun had one in the very last area of the game?

I mean nobody found a way back to earlier places like in Golden Sun where they were well hidden?
There are apparently three points of no return spread throughout the game.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
hypersheep said:
Use insight

Or do it my way spending 40+ minutes bumbling through it on your own followed by ragequitting! :lol

GaimeGuy said:
There are apparently three points of no return spread throughout the game.

It seems like theres more since ya can't go back down the mountain after climbing it or can you?!

I get the sense that the Mountain Roc *BIG SPOILER*
is not so much an actual bird, but an Alchemy machine, given its distinct lack of organs and the fact that it's being powered by the magma orb

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Finally getting to play the game, not to far, but I have been enjoying it. Battles are so fast, which is nice to see in this day and age.

Hyunkel6

I just got the
sol blade in Apollo Sanctum
. If I use retreat to return to the world map, do I have to hike all the way up though the
endless wall and Apollo Ascent
to get back to the sanctum, or is there some kind of teleporter/shortcut?

Hyunkel6 said:
I just got the
sol blade in Apollo Sanctum
. If I use retreat to return to the world map, do I have to hike all the way up though the
endless wall and Apollo Ascent
to get back to the sanctum, or is there some kind of teleporter/shortcut?

What I did was:

Beat the final boss
, since I couldn't use retreat and I wasn't about to walk all the way down (might not even let you).
Once you beat the final boss, it drops you back into a town and you're able to now explore all the other areas that require unlocking from the sol blade, as well as take on the secret bosses.

Hyunkel6

Trumpet909 said:
What I did was:

Beat the final boss
, since I couldn't use retreat and I wasn't about to walk all the way down (might not even let you).
Once you beat the final boss, it drops you back into a town and you're able to now explore all the other areas that require unlocking from the sol blade, as well as take on the secret bosses.
Yeah, I think I'll do the same. Thanks.

SirSwirl

Neo Member
Finally getting to play this.
Bout 4 hours in and really liking it, feels just like Golden Sun, loving the puzzles, and the new Psyenergy.

Also quick question about the
points of no return.
I was reading about them and read in some places there's 2 of them, and in others that there's 3, can anyone clarify how many there actually are in the game?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Have a
boat
now so I figure I've gotten pretty far now! My effort to djinn kill all bosses came to an end with the
Mountain Roc
since it recovered HP each turn I had no idea how far along I was. Turns out one more jupiter by Matt woulda finished it, if only his turn had come first. That bit of exp lost has been easily made up for by grinding random encounters in
eclipsed areas
! I dunno where the stories going but I do know where my levels are and that's up!!

Ricker

Having a hard time still with some puzzles in this game :lol ...I gave up on trying to get the Djinn in the Lumberward so I moved on with the story...how many are there in the game ,it seems there`s one or 2 in every area so far,I even had one out of a random battle....now i`m in the Kopa Ruins place,looks like one huge puzzle in there as well...I`d forgotten Golden Sun was this heavy on the puzzles,it`s pretty cool though so far,liking it a lot.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Stumbled upon an even better grinding place lotsa exp all party members 40+ now ^.^

Exp rates are much higher in this game then the previous ones so I assume my levels aren't at overkill yet! I need ta find good classes for my characters that aren't Matt (samurai) & Karis (savant). They're pretty great in their roles but all the rest feel weak by comparison.

Playing it right now and this game feels awesome.

Is what I wanted when I was smaller, A golden sun 3 to the max with lots of tributes to its predecessors.

The
tale adveturers themepark
was a really awesome thing to have.
Im feeling like if I was in secondary school again :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So everyone in the back party gets half exp right? Well at least that's an incentive to not bulldoze through every enemy in the game (seriously, Amiti, Eoleo, Himi, and Sveta are like six levels ahead of everyone else).

Ricker

Okay,I just died at the 3 stealth soldier in Konpa Ruins...there`s a few things about Djinn`s i`m not getting I guess...I`m level 11 and I have 6 of them(I missed only 1 I think),I have pretty crappy equipment,besides a few I found on the way,i`m still at starter cloth shirt and the like(I didn`t have enough money to buy anything better last time I could)...why do the Djinn`s switch up on me by themselves...why for example if I want to use cure outside of battles do I have to go put one Djinn on standby for Karis tu use Cure...I just want her to always have cure available...and why can`t I use one of the big Summons I saw a few times anymore?...these guys sapped all my PP also at the start of battle,that was annoying and I have nothing to resurrect my teamate? I think I should head back to town maybe or grind another level.

Wilsongt

Regulus Tera said:
So everyone in the back party gets half exp right? Well at least that's an incentive to not bulldoze through every enemy in the game (seriously, Amiti, Eoleo, Himi, and Sveta are like six levels ahead of everyone else).

D: Poor Amiti.

Peff

Ricker said:
Okay,I just died at the 3 stealth soldier in Konpa Ruins...there`s a few things about Djinn`s i`m not getting I guess...I`m level 11 and I have 6 of them(I missed only 1 I think),I have pretty crappy equipment,besides a few I found on the way,i`m still at starter cloth shirt and the like(I didn`t have enough money to buy anything better last time I could)...why do the Djinn`s switch up on me by themselves...why for example if I want to use cure outside of battles do I have to go put one Djinn on standby for Karis tu use Cure...I just want her to always have cure available...and why can`t I use one of the big Summons I saw a few times anymore?...these guys sapped all my PP also at the start of battle,that was annoying and I have nothing to resurrect my teamate? I think I should head back to town maybe or grind another level.

- There are four kinds of Djinni: Earth, Wind, Fire and Water. As long as you mix them up and they are active, you'll get different types of "magic" and you'll lose some. If you want to keep it simple, just equip each character with their same elemental Djinns (Matthew=Earth/brown, Karis=Wind/purple, Tyrell=Fire/Red). That will give both Matthew and Karis healing magic.

- Also, in order to summon, you have to get the Djinns ready (in standby). This means you'll lose the extra HP/Attack/Agility/Psynergy/etc until you summon and wait for them to be assigned again or until you reequip them without summoning. If you do this in the menu you won't get any extra effects, but putting Djinns in standby during battle has different effects like damage, healing or resurrection. So you have to choose which ones you use to summon and which ones you want to save for a pickle.

spootime

Did anyone else grind the sky soldiers right before you fight the final boss? They give absolutely ridiculous xp and they each drop a water of life

Phenomic

spootime said:
Did anyone else grind the sky soldiers right before you fight the final boss? They give absolutely ridiculous xp and they each drop a water of life

Yeah they provide a great way to level before you start the very end of the game. Fighting three of them gave me like 40-42k Range of Experience each kill. Used it to get 10 levels before I started the last part of the game.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
28:40 clear time for me~

Final Team: Karis, Matthew,
Eoleo, Sveta
. Nuts to water adepts!

Music: I expected no less then the best an didn't leave disappointed!
Graphics: Grew on me as the overworld/battle changes were remniscent of FFVII.
Dungeons: A buncha stuff gave me trouble but nowhere near as hard as TLA thankfully.
Grinding: Encounter rate to low! Pretty much kept the lure cap equipped ever since I got it aside from when sailing around.
Story: I dun care what anyone says I loved the ending cause I love the series!

Stuff I was left wondering after TLA~ what went answered and what didn't?

What the heck is The Wise One anyway? - unanswered
Gaia Falls & Weyward... is the world really flat?! - it really is flat as one of the sun saga books mentioned
Is Alex alive and festering deep inside the planet Sephiroth-style? - yes and no lol.
What'll it mean that Isaac has some of the Golden Suns power in him? - unanswered
Where the heck are the Anemos? - unanswered
How old IS Piers anyway? - unanswered

And of course this game left stuff ta wonder about!

Alexs true goals are?
Psynergy vortexes?!
Amitis parents are...?
If there are dark and now light adepts does that mean there are dark an light djinn?
Since the mountain roc is dead now anyway why not take more feathers?
Does Laurel hate us forever for breaking the promise?
How old is Obaba and how is she still alive??!
Assuming Felix has a kid, did Takeru set off to join that group?

Prolly other things to but hey that's okay cause I'm certain some thing'll be answered some day!

spootime said:

Heck ya! For a couple of hours! But even being at L60+ the final boss was still hurting us badly o.o; I shoulda kept grinding and I think I will. Have a feeling I'm gonna need it for the optional bosses. Hooray for multiple game saves!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Lindsay said:
28:40 clear time for me~

Final Team: Karis, Matthew,
Eoleo, Sveta
. Nuts to water adepts!

Music: I expected no less then the best an didn't leave disappointed!
Graphics: Grew on me as the overworld/battle changes were remniscent of FFVII.
Dungeons: A buncha stuff gave me trouble but nowhere near as hard as TLA thankfully.
Grinding: Encounter rate to low! Pretty much kept the lure cap equipped ever since I got it aside from when sailing around.
Story: I dun care what anyone says I loved the ending cause I love the series!

Stuff I was left wondering after TLA~ what went answered and what didn't?

What the heck is The Wise One anyway? - unanswered
Gaia Falls & Weyward... is the world really flat?! - it really is flat as one of the sun saga books mentioned
Is Alex alive and festering deep inside the planet Sephiroth-style? - yes and no lol.
What'll it mean that Isaac has some of the Golden Suns power in him? - unanswered
Where the heck are the Anemos? - unanswered
How old IS Piers anyway? - unanswered

And of course this game left stuff ta wonder about!

Alexs true goals are?
Psynergy vortexes?!
Amitis parents are...?
If there are dark and now light adepts does that mean there are dark an light djinn?
Since the mountain roc is dead now anyway why not take more feathers?
Does Laurel hate us forever for breaking the promise?
How old is Obaba and how is she still alive??!
Assuming Felix has a kid, did Takeru set off to join that group?

Prolly other things to but hey that's okay cause I'm certain some thing'll be answered some day!

Heck ya! For a couple of hours! But even being at L60+ the final boss was still hurting us badly o.o; I shoulda kept grinding and I think I will. Have a feeling I'm gonna need it for the optional bosses. Hooray for multiple game saves!

As for Amiti's parents, we already know his mom was the Princess of Ayuthay (the King's sister) and his dad was heavily insinuated to be Alex ;)

I barely beat the final boss, but I was at high 40s for level. I'm thinking about starting a new game as well, since I'm just about done here. I just need to get the last super summon (and get Excalibur, but dear god I have been soft resetting forever and it has still not come up).

Ricker said:

Got this game on the weeknd and def like it. It feels good not having to put in hours of grinding with non stop random battles.

I was at level 10 when I beat this boss. Using the normal Psynergy group attacks mixed with Summon attacks should be okay. I had no problems as when I was out of PP I just used Djinn attacks.

Did you not stock up on herbs?

Ricker

kobashi100 said:
Got this game on the weeknd and def like it. It feels good not having to put in hours of grinding with non stop random battles.

I was at level 10 when I beat this boss. Using the normal Psynergy group attacks mixed with Summon attacks should be okay. I had no problems as when I was out of PP I just used Djinn attacks.

Did you not stock up on herbs?

Yeah,I was low on herbs also but I managed to beat them on my second try though,now that I understand how the Djinn`s work,it went well.

Salsa

So i fuckin FINALLY got this.

10 hours in, and while its good and all, why does it have to be so fuckin easy :/

Flare

I finally got the chance to sit and actually finish the game. All I can say at an ending like that is that they've confirmed a sequel, which will probably be made for the 3DS.

Overall the game was fun, still retains what made the previous entries in the franchise so unique while at the same time making some fine adjustments and trying some new things. Which may or may not have turned out very well depending on your preferences.

I have to admit, the final boss was plenty difficult but I managed to bring him down with my
second party

Currently I'm off collecting all the summons and have made it to
Iris
and holy crap,
Dullahan
is fucking beast compared to the rest of the bosses. He beat the crap out of me before I could even deal some major damage.
Djinn Storm
is one hell of an attack. I don't remember it being this hard on Lost Age. Admittedly I was at a pretty high level before I tackled
Crossbone Isle

Ricker said:

honestly, that was the hardest enemy i have faced in the game at this point. I was lucky and had Tyrell survive. All of the other bosses have been breezes so far, just like the other Golden Sun games (except the first time i fought the Kraken in the first game. What a nightmare).

Xelinis

Goddammit, I missed the Djinn that you're supposed to get
after activating the Lunar Tower but before the Eclipse

sammy

I just picked up the game and got a good 4 hours in so far. SO FUN!

I played through the first two, but it was long ago. The world and visuals are so rich on this one.

I wish more RPGs had overworlds like the Goldensun series... you know.. where' there's actually gameplay and puzzles all over like a Zelda! it's nice and the pacing is great.

Boney

Banned
Got the game, been playing for a bit. Totally disapointed at the moment. The whole begining sequence was one of the worst I've seen. Tyrell is a douche, Isaac is a douche, Garet is a douche, and I bet if Matthew could speak, he'd be a douche.

Battles are easy peasy, and puzzles are alright at the moment, I'm sure they'll get good in a bit. But god damn is the story lame as shit.

Top Bottom