• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye DS - Based on the N64 version

Grubdog

Banned
Heh, they edited out the "Not a rumor. 100% confirmed." part that was originally at the end of the article.

I want to believe. :(

Does anybody else think that 60fps and improved enemy AI would dramatically increase this games appeal? GE already has some of the best level design in any game since Mario 64 so simply improving those mentioned aspects would bring it to the next level on par with current games.

Imagine playing the archives and silently killing all the guards from behind, trying not to alert the others ALL in 60fps.

ge-man

evilromero said:
Does anybody else think that 60fps and improved enemy AI would dramatically increase this games appeal? GE already has some of the best level design in any game since Mario 64 so simply improving those mentioned aspects would bring it to the next level on par with current games.

Imagine playing the archives and silently killing all the guards from behind, trying not to alert the others ALL in 60fps.

I definately think a bump up in the frame rate depart would do a lot towards the game's playability. I'm still skeptical about this whole affair, however. I honestly think that ports will not be abundant on the DS, and that the FPS genre won't be served well on any portable for awhile.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I think FPS age less well than other genres to be sure. But with a slight upgrade to graphics and ONLINE support I would be interested. Given the seconds abscence, this is not that great of news.

Memles

It could be one of two things:

1) BS

2) (Although I WAS tempted to put BS again, really) Nintendo, EA and Rare have collaborated, with Nintendo and EA sharing publishing duties and Rare developing, and it will be the huge Western Killer-App that will raise the profile of the system's launch.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Grubdog said:
Heh, they edited out the "Not a rumor. 100% confirmed." part that was originally at the end of the article.

I want to believe. :(

"This has been 100% confirmed according to our sources, shying away from the notion of a rumor. GCA will have more to report in the next upcoming weeks."

Ristamar

Memles said:
It could be one of two things:

1) BS

2) (Although I WAS tempted to put BS again, really) Nintendo, EA and Rare have collaborated, with Nintendo and EA sharing publishing duties and Rare developing, and it will be the huge Western Killer-App that will raise the profile of the system's launch.

I didn't think Rare was part of the equation in this instance. EA owns the Bond license, Nintendo owns the rights to the game, correct?

Memles

Ristamar said:
I didn't think Rare was part of the equation in this instance. EA owns the Bond license, Nintendo owns the rights to the game, correct?

I believe so, but still...Rare handled the GBA ports of DKC/DKC2 and they really had no reason to other than that Nintendo didn't want to do it themselves. And, maybe Nintendo felt better giving it to Rare who developed it, and make sure EA doesn't have to rush too much and maybe forge a better relationship between the two companies (Nintendo and EA).

akascream

Banned
Okay, but how would it play without an analog stick? There needs to be an analog stick.

It amazes me that nobody sees the potentially superior stylus control scheme for fps on NDS. Its basically wasd+mouse on PC. The only thing I would say is do not make it so you can tap where you want to shoot.. you should have to drag your gun over and physically pull the trigger, which should be the L button.

I am actually very excited about fps on the DS. I just hope, if this really is a port, that they make it so you don't flash invinsible when shot in multiplayer. It's broken. Fix it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Oh my shit. If this is true, killer app all the way. I'm talking about a pure portable phenomenon, here.

maharg

idspispopd
Oh yeah, and I hate hate hate the way websites use the word confirmed. YOU ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO CONFIRM ANYTHING WITHOUT A PRESS RELEASE.

Brofist

I played GE out so much I don't think I could possibly enjoy it anymore. Plus it isn't exactly cutting edge gaming anymore.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I still have friends that play Goldeneye to this day. It's still fun, and that's what counts in the end. A portable version would go over very, very, well (I imagine it would be one of the highest selling titles on the NDS when all is said and done) so kudos if the news is true.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It should be better than the N64 version actually (if they take the time)

The NDS's sound capabilities are way ahead of the 64 from what is known. Probably need a good set of headphones to really appreciate it though.

mattx5

akascream said:
It amazes me that nobody sees the potentially superior stylus control scheme for fps on NDS. Its basically wasd+mouse on PC. The only thing I would say is do not make it so you can tap where you want to shoot.. you should have to drag your gun over and physically pull the trigger, which should be the L button.

I am actually very excited about fps on the DS. I just hope, if this really is a port, that they make it so you don't flash invinsible when shot in multiplayer. It's broken. Fix it.

The control scheme sounds extremely promising, the only thing I'm worried about is the actual size of the DS.

Using the WASD + mouse scheme on a handheld might be a bit hard to pull off. My fingers would feel cramped.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
What I love about IGN's report is that it's basically "There are rumors that the DS Goldeneye game is a port of the N64 title.", but all gussied up so as to look more important.

Top Bottom