• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Incredible how well this is doing after a single trailer and barebones website.
It’s refreshing actually. Game looked good, came out, is good. No HYPE or media shenanigans, good stuff.

Don't like using the left analog to both aim and switch clubs, that got annoying fast, but I dig the game.

Determined to finish Greenseeking Missles 3 right now, I can make the shot, it's having to make it three times perfect that's hard.

Does this work with the Pro Controller?

Just tried it on mine and couldn't get it to work. Totally a possibility that I'm just inept.

Started in handheld mode and switched to docked with the pro controller seamlessly.

It’s refreshing actually. Game looked good, came out, is good. No HYPE or media shenanigans, good stuff.

Yep pretty rare these days. Reminds me when I was a kid and didnt know nothing about a game until I saw it in the shelf or some magazine. You go in fresh, no spoils, nobody opinions.. just you and the game.

WolfeTone

I'm excited to play this when I get home this evening. I kinda wish we had more than a handful of reviews and perhaps ones from writers who have finished the game, but on the other hand:

I very much agree with this. I hate the current 2 years marketing cycle that most games have these days. Reveal trailer, trailers 1-3, story trailer, release trailer, dev diaries. I know some people are super into these and like building 'hype' but to me it just seems like showing off so much of the game.

Golf Story seems to have swung it the right way for me.

Damn, I never had a game push me that hard early on. I mean, it was just the same side quest three times, but after barely winning that match, I wanted to do some challenges.

I don't think I describe this game without using the word nice. Everything about it is nice, it plays nice, the writing is funny, and it's just a nice little game. The perfect good vibe game.

How do you feed the 10 fish? I keep hitting them into different circles but I only get 3.

-GJ-

man my timing on button pressing sucks

but I got this game hopefully it will hold me until Mario gets here
If you press up on the dpad you enter focus mode where you'll have time to precisely time your shot. You can only do this a couple times per game though, and I don't think it works in all challenges.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Just discovered throwing balls at people.

This game is so awesome.

Zekes!

The dialog is great. I legit laughed playing against the first guy and him being so confident and satisfied with his shitty shots

sanstesy

They don't want you to win, they don't want you prosper, they don't want u to succeed, they want to finish you ,they want you miserable .. So what we going to do is be the greatest ever ������

The Wart

Is there like, a manual for this thing? I have no idea what most of these words mean...

Even so, I find myself, as the game would say, sucked in.

NeededSleep

Enjoying the game so far. Just got out of the first course. Cant wait to explore the other courses. Wish there were more challanges.

Erudite

Bought it off the US Store since it's cheaper with exchange. Just over $18 CAD.

Protip: If you have Paypal you can tie it to the US account and a lot of the games are cheaper right now due to the exchange.
Could you (or anyone else) elaborate on which account I'm tieing to the US? Am I switching my Nintendo account's region? Or my Paypal account's? Or am I making an alternate Nintendo account that's based in the US.?

Edit: Figured it out, changed it through accounts.nintendo.com.

XaosWolf

Noticed sound effects come from the switch pro controller when you hit certain objects with the ball,
I didn't know the controller could do that.

It kinda can't, and neither can the joycons which also do it, but the haptic motors can make a surprising number of noises when they're active.

They've clearly been playing with the feature to get the noise when thrown at people to be a thing. Mario Kart does it too.

The sound of the ball in cup is so satisfying lol.

And the sound for the perfect shots. Little loud though, turned the SFX volume to mid and now it sounds better.

Nice, I was wondering about a couple of Crikeys.

I was initially reading the voices as stereotypical Londoner until I remembered the devs are Australian.

The humour still worked until 'crikey' came up. A word that hasn't really been in use over here outside of Dick Van Dyke Cockney.

NimbusD

wow this game is great!

Also a refreshingly nice usage of the HD rumble. At least after playing Xenoverse for the last week which has just been random regular ol rumbles.

Mudo

How does saving work, aka how do I save?

And also, is there a way to see the whole course when I'm playing a hole?

Someone earlier said from the menu you can quit and it will aak you to save.

Also, earlier i threw a disc thing on the disc golf course and it got stuck under a picnic bench stool bouncing up and down lol and i no buttons would respond. I exited to Switch home menu and killed the game and had not saved for 5 hours ! And i had a save right at where i was playing - so it must save some other way

?oe?oe

Just played an hour or so. The game is really cute.

The banter in this is great. And while I haven't gone out of the first area, I can tell there's going to be some great fun little things to do!

Top Bottom