• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

heringer

I don't really get the golf mechanics.

Doesn't precision mode pretty much trivializes the gameplay? It shows you exactly where to hit.

Also, what does holding ZR do?

Jintor

given that it's the devs first game, i wonder how they convinced ninty to give them a dev kit. It's certainly paid off.

Dmax3901

you need to buy the digger wedge from pro shop after beating the fairway/rough/deeprough quest... the radar is from archeologist quest, he asks you to help him dig (with your wedge), in the right screen, forget when/what are the prereqs for his quest to pop other than buying the special wedge

Thanks, this is what I needed. I had bought that just hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

Gambit61

I mean...by nearly all accounts this game is still very much in the vein of those Camelot classics, just without Mario and Co. showing up at the end. I owned the GBC Mario Tennis and GBA Mario Golf Advance Tour and this definitely follows a lot of that blueprint.

It's as close as you're ever going to get.

Hmmmmm, might have to pick up some Eshop money tomorrow. Damnit GAF!

Pastry

Banned
I’m having trouble finding the third switch in the first level? I’ve looked all over the main section and he areas to the left and the right also.

i got the one at the start, the one behind the mini golf place and the one in the water near the start

thefro

Played a couple hours doing everything in the first course that's open at the start and hitting people/things with golf balls.

Definitely great. Great sense of humor, fun gameplay, interesting sidequests and golf puzzles. Charming art style. Music is decent enough.

Some minor stuff that could be polished up like how you can get exp/money while your character is off screen (like some of the XP you get on the driving range) and the music abruptly transitioning occasionally.

I’m having trouble finding the third switch in the first level? I’ve looked all over the main section and he areas to the left and the right also.

i got the one at the start, the one behind the mini golf place and the one in the water near the start

look in the area to the left of the disc golf course by teeing off and changing your club.

Got it last night but was too tired to start until this morning. Whew. It's pretty fantastic. And I like the music AND the font.

Can someone give me a rundown of stats? I keep upgrading all my stats evenly such that when my power goes up they're all at 0 and I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Soo worth a buy guys? Was thinking of jumping into this and Deemo for the week.

Tbh - im loving it. Having a great time. Did all quests so far. About 5-6 hours in...but its not like you have to buy the game asap..... If the style of game intrigues you then go for it. Its def worth 15$. Could use a patch or two for QoL polish. Good adventure, albeit so far it feels a tad simple/basic gameplay-wise. Pretty forgiving gameplay and gentle puzzles. Though i imagine itll ramp up soon, hopefully.

(Also, currently 4th on US/NA best sellers list, seems like it caught on with general public)

Charming as all hell. Love the music.

Really? The music was the one area I felt the game was kinda forgettable so far. Maybe I’ve not heard enough yet as I’m fairly early on.

Agree with the charming and love the gameplay.

Edit: to be clear not saying I feel the music is bad, just not as exceptional as the other parts of the game to me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gives me old school Harvest Moon vibes. Am I right? (Haven't played, just seen the trailer)

Arcoril

Went in with no real expectations and I've spent basically the whole day playing this game. Best $15 I've spent in a long time.

Played this for a few hours so far. I am totally in love with this game. I can't wait to get back into it tomorrow. Stopped playing after a couple of quests into the second world

Stoze

Switch noob here, weird question:
Does the intensity/quality of the HD rumble vary depending if you have them detached from the Switch/Grip or not?

Top Bottom