• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Oh, nice. But what about the main story? Is it like Stardew Valley, where you can keep playing after the "soft ending" of the second year? Or once you're done with the main progression, you're done with that playthrough?

Oh, well. Fuck it. I'm gonna buy it anyway! :D

Its an actual adventure that will have an ending from what i can tell.

Got the game yesterday and played around in the first area ignoring the story. I am really enjoying myself so far. The first putting challenge was fun. I did perfect on the first three holes, before botching the next three holes and doing decent on the last 4 to beat the challenge. I feel lucky that I haven't ran into any bugs yet.

ikuze

I doubt there will be for a while, it's just a small team and they only got it out on English for Europe even. Will probably need a separate team to handle it.
If it's English everywhere, they could just release it in English in the Japanese eShop then.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Is there a map? Also when golfing how can I see the whole hole so I know where to hit. I used the right stick but it only zooms out a tad.

BTA

I already bought it, because I'm dying for a good golf game and Hot Shots is a bit expensive, but that's kinda disappointing. I'm a sucker for free roam in games after the main story ends.

I think your wording was confusing. It sounded to me like you were asking if it was seasonal/an open ended life sim like Stardew, not that you were asking if there's a postgame.

Though I don't know the answer to that.

Pastry

Banned
Is there a map? Also when golfing how can I see the whole hole so I know where to hit. I used the right stick but it only zooms out a tad.

I don’t think there is a map or a way to view the whole hole. You have to rely on the zoom out feature and then pan the camera as much as you can.

Minigame spoilers...

How the heck do you quit "GALF"? I've pushed every button except "A" to start another damned round.

I figured it out... you push + and select quit.

I thought it was to quit the whole game, but then I realized that I wasn't getting the full menu.

Peltz

I'm traveling this weekend so I think I'm going to download this for the trip. Mario Golf on GBC is one of my favorite handheld games ever so I think this will probably be something I enjoy.

Setzer

As a fan of Mario Golf and other old school top-down golf games, I'm really enjoying this game so far. I wish putting worked more like this though:

Mario_Golf_GBC_ScreenShot3.gif

Was barely going to give this game a second look. Went to get some eshop funds to get Picross only to find out I'd have to get at least €15 worth. So now I am torn between Picross and this!

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Second course, early on I think.

Where TF do I get a
shovel
???

shiftcaps

Neo Member
Bought it this morning and started playing..

A couple of quick thoughts:

- This game is hilarious. The short, droll, dry humor just totally cracks me up. I can see how the humor wouldn't necessarily be for everyone, but I was dying in parts.

- I haven't played 1-2 Switch, but Golf Story is easily the best use of HD Rumble that I've ever felt. When I made my first putt and felt the ball move from one hand to the other and then roll a bit in the cup, my mind was blown a little bit.

- the controls feel a little wonky to me. Specifically, having club selection and aiming on the left analog stuck has caused some frustration.

Overall, I'm loving this.

ZugZug123

Played for 3h last night, it meets all my expectations for it :)

Is there a way to play disc golf anywhere you want? I kinda like it 😋

Edit: also is there a way to move the camera freely when you are setting up the shot in precision mode?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Go to the shop in that area. It's not a shovel, but something that digs. :p

Huh, I bought both things from the shop and neither are what I need. I'm definitely missing something
maybe I need to find that 'idol' first.

Thanks!

So I am on world 3 and need some help.
I am at the part where you have to hit the eggs to their mothers from the certain spots around the course, how do you get the red and green eggs to their mothers it seems impossible?

Chase17

Still missing a green button.

Found the first one. The one behind the building in the top right. And the one on the patch of land in the water to the south east.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Oh, nice. But what about the main story? Is it like Stardew Valley, where you can keep playing after the "soft ending" of the second year? Or once you're done with the main progression, you're done with that playthrough?

Oh, well. Fuck it. I'm gonna buy it anyway! :D

Think of it like Call of Duty.

Single Player has a beginning and end.

You can play quick play which is basically just playing golf sorta like MP in CoD.

I already bought it, because I'm dying for a good golf game and Hot Shots is a bit expensive, but that's kinda disappointing. I'm a sucker for free roam in games after the main story ends.

I think it will have the option to do that, there's another option besides story mode!

Second course, early on I think.

Where TF do I get a
shovel
???

Think outside the
shovel

Loving this game. Only thing I miss is an option to see the current course map, I often have a hard time picturing the whole hole. Maybe I haven't figured out what to do.

Does closing all the washing machines on the driving range actually do anything besides give you XP, which you can't see, because the camera pans away from you....

Top Bottom