• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Nbz

So I am on world 3 and need some help.
I am at the part where you have to hit the eggs to their mothers from the certain spots around the course, how do you get the red and green eggs to their mothers it seems impossible?

You might be aiming for the wrong birds. I got confused with the red ones, because there is an individual one and a group

I'm super out of the loop and sorry if this question has been answered, but you can't play as a female character in this game, right? :/

Stencil

I know it's been mentioned, but the game has crashed on me a few times. Once in the middle of the cutscene at beginning of area 2. Cavewoman says her spiel and before my golfer cohort can respon the game just lingers. Second time was getting out of bed; hopped out on the left side and seemed to get stuck between the dresser and bed.

Also, vertical lines of dead pixels appear during some frames.

I love this game though. The golfing aspect is much more enjoyable than I had anticipated, and I find myself rushing through the story to get to the next golfing segment.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Damn this game is good. Just finished the first area (unless you can do something with the groundskeeper right away), got -5 PAR on the first 9 and 18 for the mini golf.

Just so good.

You can avoid the misplaced screen cutting off speech bubbles by either:

1. Not coming out and moving the camera

Or

2. Centering the camera back on the cursor (landing point of your ball) before deactivating zoom.

Works for me.

I'm warming to the music. Getting Seinfeld vibes from parts of it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Say I want a ball to basically stop where it lands, so I put a backspin on it and hit it on the bottom or top of the ball?

finalflame

Can anyone succinctly explain the mechanics to me? I am kind of hitting up against a wall where things don't exactly behave the way I'd expect them to based off the very limited game tutorial -- stuff like back spin, front spin, the exact hit mode (if that's what it's called?), the difference between the irons other than their range, if any ... sometimes, for example, I use precision mode with the putter and hit the bar location perfectly but it doesn't go where it said it would, etc.

Pastry

Banned
Can anyone succinctly explain the mechanics to me? I am kind of hitting up against a wall where things don't exactly behave the way I'd expect them to based off the very limited game tutorial -- stuff like back spin, front spin, the exact hit mode (if that's what it's called?), the difference between the irons other than their range, if any ... sometimes, for example, I use precision mode with the putter and hit the bar location perfectly but it doesn't go where it said it would, etc.

For putting you need to pay attention to the slope of the green. I also always add extra power to my putts, it doesn’t hurt.

jdstorm

Banned

The club you choose determines distance. (You can hold down ZL or ZR to do a short shot) use Irons/Wedges when hitting out of rough/bunkers.

If you don't hit the ball in the sweet spot then it will either hook (go left) or Slice (go right). Level up your Purity stat to keep the ball going straight.

The wind also plays a factor so watch for that.

Press Y to precision aim at shorter distances. Press X to apply spin. Put the red circle at the bottom for backspin (stops faster) or top for overspin (rolls more)

Hope that helps.

How do you enable top spin or back spin? I know the buttons are L and R, but when do I actually push them? lol

Press Y to precision aim at shorter distances. Press X to apply spin. Put the red circle at the bottom for backspin (stops faster) or top for overspin (rolls more)

Oh wait, really? Then what do L and R do?

ElGoldur

Neo Member
I am stuck on area 3.
What do I have to do on the "sink or fly" challenge? Supposedly I have to use putter but the birds keep stealing my ball.

edit: I finally figure it out.

Schnozberry

Oh wait, really? Then what do L and R do?

L is for a chip (around the green) and R is for an approach shot. The approach shot works well for high loft when you are closer than a full iron shot and you don't want to end up rolling off the green. When putting, it changes the power of the club for more finesse.

finalflame

The club you choose determines distance. (You can hold down ZL or ZR to do a short shot) use Irons/Wedges when hitting out of rough/bunkers.

If you don't hit the ball in the sweet spot then it will either hook (go left) or Slice (go right). Level up your Purity stat to keep the ball going straight.

Hope that helps.

For putting you need to pay attention to the slope of the green. I also always add extra power to my putts, it doesn’t hurt.

Thanks guys -- this is super helpful.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Played 3 hours and some, this game is the real deal. And it seems pretty light on battery usage, so there's that.

Only gripes so far are the greens that are a bit simple with one slope indicator for the whole area, would have preferred something more "modelled" but those have been pretty small in the first two zones. And I would appreciate a mini map when golfing on a course, cause you don't always get a sense of the topography of courses, even when zooming out.

Crash331

I locked my game up earlier. Luckily the game autosaves, because I had not quit out for about 3 hours of gameplay.

When I was doing minigolf, I hit the ball between the wall and the bridge to the dryer or whatever that thing is. Game hard locked. Had to quit out using the home button.

Jintor

can't get pro controller to work undocked, is this a known issue? it works at the system level, just not the game level...

here's the worst bit, the rumble works, just not the controller itself...

can't get pro controller to work undocked, is this a known issue? it works at the system level, just not the game level...

here's the worst bit, the rumble works, just not the controller itself...
Restart? Quit and reload? Somebody had it earlier in the thread, take a look back.

nick_b

I do wish there was a faster way to restart challenges than just failing them.

There might be a way from the pause menu. Not at the game right now but I do remember quitting to the world map from a challenge. Didn't want to go to the world map but that's what I used. I think someone else mentioned a different option to quit a challenge.

BTA

Hope that helps.

Ugh, so that's how you topspin and backspin? I thought someone earlier in the thread said that's what L and R did.

That... explains some stuff, I guess. Thanks!

I just learned that if you hit up on the d-pad you switch to a focus shot and get a slower hit bar. This only works when it says "normal" on the left side of the screen. Maybe only in full courses?

Totally, I just want as little movement as possible.

Just remember that when you pop it up it will be affected by the wind more.

The game teaches you about top and bottom spin
in a video on the computer in the club house
when you get to the point where you need it. Until that point you can get away with not using it at all.

Help me: how do i spot the location of a
cacher's coin
? Found the first, now I need to find 5 more.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The game teaches you about top and bottom spin
in a video on the computer in the club house
when you get to the point you need it. Until that point you can get away with not using it at all.

Help needed: how do i spot the location of a
cacher's coin
? Found the first, now I need to find 5 more.
I think people will give you clues. I found someone in world 3 who gave me a clue.

Top Bottom