• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Zomba13

Been really enjoying it so far. Usually waiting for my prescription at the pharmacist is a huge chore but the time just flew past today.

Unfortunately I now seem to have hit a game ending bug where I can't progress.

https://i.imgur.com/LKFJXWl.jpg[IMG]

No matter how many times I do it, leave the game, restart, do anything else the game just refuses to accept that I've given the bloody ball [SPOILER](Egg)[/SPOILER] back.[/QUOTE]

Wrong place.

Yohanov

Neo Member
I wish some of the greens had actual bumps like Neo Turf Masters / NTM Pocket, and not just the grain/slope directional influence.

image1(2).PNG

That would have given just enough additional deepness for people that find it too easy to do excellent scores.

And a first person view for the putting would have been nice as well.

That and some side quest repetitiveness are my only complaints about an otherwise very good game. Sublimated GBC/GBA feel.

I wish some greens also had actual bumps like Neo Turf Masters / NTM Pocket, and not just the grain/slope direction.

image1(2).PNG

That would have given just enough additional deepness for people that find it too easy to do excellent scores.

That and some side quest repetitiveness are my only complaints about an otherwise very good game.
Golf Story is really fun for what it is but if you want strictly golf, it’s no Neo Turf Masters.

ggx2ac

I don't really post, but I found a softlock in the game and can't progress further, about 9 hours into the game.

At Tidy Parks, the second party,
after you collect all of the antique clubs, take the etiquette lesson and get a caddy.
DO NOT save and quit inside of the party. If you do, this happens:

https://i.imgur.com/iNo1TEE.jpg

See the top of the screen to see my character model.

You can't really move around much or interact with anything. Your character model is screwed up and can actually walk off screen. You cannot leave the area, save and quit doesn't do anything. I literally can't play story mode on this file anymore atm.

I emailed the devs, here's hoping it gets fixed. I'd rather not lose all that progress. I was loving the game thus far too.

That's lame, a game-breaking bug.

oatmeal

Banned
That hot potato shot for Max Yards was super frustrating. Eventually it worked but I don’t know what I did differently from the first 40’attempts.

Yohanov

Neo Member
Golf Story is really fun for what it is but if you want strictly golf, it's no Neo Turf Masters.

I'm not comparing the two but referencing a specific idea which happen to be from NTM, : bumps on the greens (which most 2d golf games dont have either).

Some occasional bumps would have made the golfing more interesting without making the game harder for casual players. See some of the recent comments about the golfing being too easy.

By the way, NTM is not a golf sim at all, it's pure arcade. Try link 2003 if you want too see real golf.

daxy

I wish some of the greens had actual bumps like Neo Turf Masters / NTM Pocket, and not just the grain/slope directional influence.

image1(2).PNG

That and some side quest repetitiveness are my only complaints about an otherwise very good game. Sublimated GBC/GBA feel.

Yeah, the putting in this game is putting a real damper on my enjoyment of its golf gameplay.

Pastry

Banned
Do I have to beat that girl at disc golf to progress the story, after completing the second area? I just can't do it :(

You’ll need to beat all three challenges, spend some time just practicing and remember that the harder you throw the harder the disc is to control.

image1(2).PNG

Gotta leave some room to improve with a Golf Story 2!

Amory

Just dove in on a flight from Boston to SF. Got about 5 hours in.

Game is awesome. So much fun.

Also, Switch on flights? Game changer.

Hasney

Yasssss, finishing the cache quests spoiler
You out the final treasure in the fountain fairy's fountain, then you can dig up... GALF NIGHTS! It was never even released!

I put my first GALF Nights shot into the water and then it came up "Oh no a naked crab". I think this game may have been banned from sale!

Without spoilers, yes the cache quests are worth finishing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there anywhere to practice putting? Feels like the greens are quite severe - even 'slight slope' seems to have a big effect on the ball.

Enjoying it so far, only got to the point where the coach will actually coach me so still early

Hazu

Wow I just lost two hours of progress because my ball got stuck while playing mini putt (was on course 4 I think?).

Couldn't do anything about it. Make sure you save before playing it!

I know absolutely nothing about this game other than it's an rpg with golf being the main gameplay. I'm really considering picking this up though

Ladekabel

Like the game. Just something to play to feel good.

But man, there should be another way to change your clubs. Or is there another way than the analogue stick and I haven't found it yet.

Top Bottom