• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

lutheran

First hit is to lock in your aim, second hit (when the diamond moves up the bar) is for power (hit at the far left for most distance, closer to the right for less) and third hit is like, how accurate it is? Like hitting the diamond makes it go where you want (not taking into account wind) then to the left will hit it more right and to the right will hit it more to the left.

I dunno much of anything about real golf and terms and all that. But if you want it to go as far as possible and hit your mark you want to stop the diamond in the diamond marks on the bar.

Thanks man, that is what I thought as I have never played a golf game before. Man I miss the days of manuals though...

The Giant

Banned
For being an aussie game. You would think they would use the correct spelling for some words and not the american way of spelling. Like humour and colour.

ElGoldur

Neo Member
Man, I have been doing fine up till now, but now I am stuck trying to get into Oak Manor. I already unlocked the first gate, but what do I do to get past the 2nd gate?

I already tried to put a ball in the hole behind the 2nd gate, but it did not seem to do anything...

there is a hole on the fence on the left side.

DrWong

Hey guys hd rumble don't work when I'm playing in handhel mode with the joycons attached. In the game as well as on my system rumble is on. Anyone with the same issue? Not sure if it's the game or if I'm missing something. No problem when docked with the pro controller.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm about to give up on disc golf. I've read all the tips on this thread and elsewhere and I still can't figure out how to curve it where I want.

Back to FIFA

Pastry

Banned
I'm about to give up on disc golf. I've read all the tips on this thread and elsewhere and I still can't figure out how to curve it where I want.

Back to FIFA

Just make sure you’re always using the appropriate power level. Max power is super hard to control.

Opa-Pa

Disc golf was super confusing and frustrating to me until I realized I only needed left and right to control it. It's pretty simple and fun when it clicks.

Phionoxx

I am loving how long the Switch battery lasts while playing this game.

Yup. Pretty great.

Does anyone know how many full blown stroke play style tournaments there are in the game? I'm a few hours in now and having a great time but so far it's mostly been match play.

I've been stuck on a potentially game breaking bug for a day now.

Basically, if you hit a sand trap when you are supposed to drop your ball into a target area this will stop counting your area as been 'cleared'.

It happened to me the first time but I was luckily able to retire during the game, reload my save and it was ok. But the second time... I went out of the golf course I was on and it rewrote on my autosave.

I'm just tired of this. What is Nintendo's stance on refunding games? Or how can I ask the Devs about it?

It sucks because I picked this game over Steamworld Dig 2 because I want to support this game so badly, but it ended up that I couldn't finish this due to a bug instead.

MadHatter10676

Neo Member
Ok, so now I’m stuck. In Oak Manor,
how do you spark the ghostly mowers. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious.

Edit: Figured it out.

Basically, if you hit a sand trap when you are supposed to drop your ball into a target area this will stop counting your area as been 'cleared'.

It happened to me the first time but I was luckily able to retire during the game, reload my save and it was ok. But the second time... I went out of the golf course I was on and it rewrote on my autosave.

I'm just tired of this. What is Nintendo's stance on refunding games? Or how can I ask the Devs about it?

It sucks because I picked this game over Steamworld Dig 2 because I want to support this game so badly, but it ended up that I couldn't finish this due to a bug instead.

can you give us a better detail of this game breaking bug you might help others out who are enjoying this game on how to avoid it.

Course 2 sidequest question:
How do I feed the fish? I assume it's talking about hitting balls into the red circles, but I'm not making any progress.

we need a cacher's coin guide

I am stuck on the 3rd board red flag?

Underneath the main sign right at the front

If someone has the clues I think I could remember them. The only one I remember off the top of my head is Halloween area:

In the area on the far right with the three consecutive bridges, there's a little island between them. It's there.

How do I feed the fish? I assume it's talking about hitting balls into the red circles, but I'm not making any progress.

You have to find the little golf-ball-looking flowers that are around. You can't just feed them golf balls.

jlscool

Walk in front of those White flowers that look like golf balls and aim them into the red circles

MadHatter10676

Neo Member
Yes, I did and nothing happened. :(

I think I found a game-breaking bug, but I would like to confirm before I have to start all over again...

What exactly happens?

Are you just dropping a ball and hitting it into the hole, or are you walking between the two tee markers and pressing A when prompted? When I did that and hit it into the hole behind the gate, a ghost came out and the second lock opened.

lotufo

Neo Member
So, I'm in "World 3" in the mission where you have to
return the eggs. For some reason, the red eggs aren't being counted. I've already hit several of them and none of them counted towards the mission.

Also, for some reason, when a red bird catches a red egg, it briefly becomes white.

jlscool

Are you just dropping a ball and hitting it into the hole, or are you walking between the two tee markers and pressing A when prompted? When I did that and hit it into the hole behind the gate, a ghost came out and the second lock opened.

Thank you so much for the response!

Unfortunately I did hit it from the tee marker #1 and nothing happened and the gate is still locked, so I will try a couple more times and then give up I guess.

Edit: HOLY @^#$! it worked this time! I completely rebooted the Switch and started it up again and it worked this time!

Thanks again!

Kjellson

I just bought this game. I was going to ask if this was something for me since I don't know anything about golf but I heard it was good and I want to support third party developers on Switch. I'm looking forward to playing this.

Cerium

The devs are working on a bugfix patch that will hopefully address your problem.

You can try emailing them and put [Gamebreaking Bug] in the subject line.

Fans on Reddit have also assembled a bug list which the devs have acknowledged and will be working off of; see if your problem is listed there and if it's not you can try to have it added.

Made it to Tidy Park.

Despite some frustrations due to my lack of skill in some sections, I'm loving this game.

It's just a nice warm game. It's a nice sit down and chill game.

It's not stressful, it's calm, relaxing, inviting.

Thanks Golf Story.

Cerium

How bad are the bugs? Should I be waiting for a patch?

Played for about an hour and enjoyed the heck out of it.

From what I can tell most players will not encounter anything gamebreaking. I've had the game lock up on me once and that's about it so far. The autosave tends to prevent significant loss of progress.

From what I can tell most players will not encounter anything gamebreaking. I've had the game lock up on me once and that's about it so far. The autosave tends to prevent significant loss of progress.

Cool, I didn't want to have to stop playing. Gotta impress Coach.

The devs are working on a bugfix patch that will hopefully address your problem.

You can try emailing them and put [Gamebreaking Bug] in the subject line.

Fans on Reddit have also assembled a bug list which the devs have acknowledged and will be working off of; see if your problem is listed there and if it's not you can try to have it added.
It's not there. I will email them later.

Will still persist on a refund because well, the game is broken for me. For the rest of you guys, I hope it doesn't happen because this game really is charming.

I'm sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know if there is a way to use those skills like power shot and the ghost tee that you see in the story menu?

ss_lemonade

Disc golf was super confusing and frustrating to me until I realized I only needed left and right to control it. It's pretty simple and fun when it clicks.
This. First 10 minutes had me rotating the analog stick trying to understand how it worked. After I figured out that left and right was all that was needed, I was able to land all throws

jlscool

I'm missing one old club to join Tidy Park any help?

purchased and use the radar but missing one

You have to complete Oak Manor

I'm sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know if there is a way to use those skills like power shot and the ghost tee that you see in the story menu?

You press the up/down arrow dpad buttons to move through the selections, but it only works when you are doing a full 9 hole course

Top Bottom