• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

jrcbandit

Like the game. Just something to play to feel good.

But man, there should be another way to change your clubs. Or is there another way than the analogue stick and I haven't found it yet.

I agree, barely played the game so far, but I keep trying to use the analogue stick for moving the cursor around and instead it changes clubs.. Why not have the d-pad for changing clubs??

KaneU

Has anyone mentioned how great the HD rumble is in this game?
I've been playing it in the handheld mode exclusively and the rumble feels so good!

Fliesen

Oh my god, the dinner scene.

tumblr_mgxgu5rQgH1rvj9cso1_500.gif

Has anyone mentioned how great the HD rumble is in this game?
I've been playing it in the handheld mode exclusively and the rumble feels so good!

i was super annoyed by the buzzing and turned it off immediately.

Zomba13

I can't beat the Bermuda Isle Putting Tour. Yes, I have the right putter but I'm just not nailing the shots.

HELP.

The one after you give the guy the flippers?

It's hard but you don't need any special putter. Just need to be careful with power and take into account the slopes.

1st hole, aim slightly below the ditted circle, and then I think you want the pip just after halfway

2nd hole aim at the guy and give it full power on the strong put (with the red line)

3rd hole aim at one of the trees and give it the pip just before the end

I think those will do. Anyway, they will get you close if you need help. Should be able to figure out from there.

Ladekabel

Where is the last green button in Wellworn? I found the other three but I can’t find the one for the third light...

And where can I find the red bandanna?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Does anyone's pro controller make a "PEW PEW" sound when you hit someone with a ball? I had to lean in to really hear it... It's weird.

Doorman

Where is the last green button in Wellworn? I found the other three but I can’t find the one for the third light...

And where can I find the red bandanna?

If it's the third light, I believe it's best to check the Northwest.

As for the bandana, remember that the guy says it doesn't necessarily have to be a bandana in original design, just some red cloth will do. Poke around the main area a bit for something red that might suffice.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Needs an option to not have club selection on the analog stick (too easy to change instead of aiming), and a proper course overlay camera would be good. Clicking the right stick is ok but you still can’t move around fully, and on some of the longer holes that makes it a bit of a crap shoot unless you’re familiar with it.

mstevens

This 14 hit challenge on the second course is really frustrating. The ball always takes a bad bounce going into the island hole.

jlscool

Man, I have been doing fine up till now, but now I am stuck trying to get into Oak Manor. I already unlocked the first gate, but what do I do to get past the 2nd gate?

I already tried to put a ball in the hole behind the 2nd gate, but it did not seem to do anything...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This 14 hit challenge on the second course is really frustrating. The ball always takes a bad bounce going into the island hole.

On the prehistoric course? Either try and land straight in the hole, or use precision mode to land well short and judge the strength to roll into the hole. Should be relatively straightforward once you get a feel for it.

Fliesen

The one after you give the guy the flippers?

It's hard but you don't need any special putter. Just need to be careful with power and take into account the slopes.

1st hole, aim slightly below the ditted circle, and then I think you want the pip just after halfway

2nd hole aim at the guy and give it full power on the strong put (with the red line)

3rd hole aim at one of the trees and give it the pip just before the end

I think those will do. Anyway, they will get you close if you need help. Should be able to figure out from there.

yeah, that challenge was really tough. So was the special 5 hole course. (the one where you have a total of 15 shots.)

mstevens

On the prehistoric course? Either try and land straight in the hole, or use precision mode to land well short and judge the strength to roll into the hole. Should be relatively straightforward once you get a feel for it.

I don't think I have precision mode down exactly.. can you explain what that's all about?

Neiteio

Man, bouncing back and forth between Golf Story and SteamWorld Dig 2 (with some Pokkén DX on the side) is pure gaming nirvana.

Just reached Lurker Valley in Golf Story. The world map fills me with wonder. I want to go to the beach world! The snow world! The mountain world! And I see hints of a rainy world, beyond the broken bridge. Atmosphereeeeeee.

Really enjoying this now. Also, the music is really growing on me. The tee off and putting themes are legitimately hype, and the exploration themes range from quirky (Wellworn Groves) to majestic (the overworld theme).

I'm also impressed by how expressive the characters are with their animated speech bubbles. The tone and comedic timing is so good!

Ladekabel

If it's the third light, I believe it's best to check the Northwest.

As for the bandana, remember that the guy says it doesn't necessarily have to be a bandana in original design, just some red cloth will do. Poke around the main area a bit for something red that might suffice.

Thanks! Found the button. Was so keen on looking for it in the water haha.

Do you mean the red flag? Whenever I try to pick it up I get ?s.

Edit: Nvm. Got it. Wasn’t golfing enough yet.

I don't think I have precision mode down exactly.. can you explain what that's all about?
Precision mode lets you see where on the meter you should press a to hit an exact point.
Also, activate focus (if avsilable) with the d-pad and the meter moves slower (only available three times).

That will be one raspberry soda, please.

Fliesen

Precision mode lets you see where on the meter you should press a to hit an exact point.
Also, activate focus (if avsilable) with the d-pad and the meter moves slower (only available three times).

That will be one raspberry soda, please.

Don't forget that precision mode doesn't account for wind, so even if you land the perfect hit, wind will still make your ball land somewhere differently.
You can minimize the impact of wind by slicing the top of the ball and giving the ball a very flat arc.) - however, this will make the ball roll more upon impact.

Activate it and put let's you move a second marker along your aim line (use led analog down and up) which adds a second marker to your power gauge. you can use for to get a better sense of the power required.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Okay wtf..m
The Impressing Max Yards part.
What am I missing? I can't get it in there. It does say hold y but it's not really holding y right? You press y and wait to hit a?

Okay wtf..m
What am I missing? I can't get it in there. It does say hold y but it's not really holding y right? You press y and wait to hit a?
I did it but I still have no idea of the timing, you press Y and then (I think) when the ball is at the highest you hit it...or something

lutheran

I just started playing and I am not sure why I am hitting the A button 3 times..I get that the first time is to set where you want the ball to land but the sliding bar with the ball that goes back and forth I just don't understand what I am supposed to do. Hit the A button towards the end to get it to go as far as possible and on the 3rd A button press try and get the ball to land on the initial spot that is in that bar?

jlscool

Man, I have been doing fine up till now, but now I am stuck trying to get into Oak Manor. I already unlocked the first gate, but what do I do to get past the 2nd gate?

I already tried to put a ball in the hole behind the 2nd gate, but it did not seem to do anything...

Oh man, I hope I did not find a game-breaking bug... :(

Does the 2nd gate just open when you put a ball in the hole??? It says my key does not work for that gate.

Fliesen

Okay wtf..m

You hold Y for a second or so. It’s holding Y that makes you lop the ball like that. You don’t need to be holding Y throughout the entire “trick”.
You need to hit A when the ball is at its highest to reach the target area

Mikke

Does anyone's pro controller make a "PEW PEW" sound when you hit someone with a ball? I had to lean in to really hear it... It's weird.

Yup! It's also really noticable when you hit a ball OOB. Really cool that they use the HD rumble in such a way.

Edit: I think Mario Kart also does it when you pick up coins. Regardless, really cool.

Zomba13

I just started playing and I am not sure why I am hitting the A button 3 times..I get that the first time is to set where you want the ball to land but the sliding bar with the ball that goes back and forth I just don't understand what I am supposed to do. Hit the A button towards the end to get it to go as far as possible and on the 3rd A button press try and get the ball to land on the initial spot that is in that bar?

First hit is to lock in your aim, second hit (when the diamond moves up the bar) is for power (hit at the far left for most distance, closer to the right for less) and third hit is like, how accurate it is? Like hitting the diamond makes it go where you want (not taking into account wind) then to the left will hit it more right and to the right will hit it more to the left.

I dunno much of anything about real golf and terms and all that. But if you want it to go as far as possible and hit your mark you want to stop the diamond in the diamond marks on the bar.

Top Bottom