• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

I am in front of the skeleton and the 2 spooky kids, there is a green circle to tee off (eyes quest) but I don't get what I am suppose to aim or target please help

Neiteio

I've returned to Wellworn Grove to see Lucky after Lurker Valley. Looks like I'll have to confront some
disc golfers
first, though.

Lurker Valley was lots of fun. I liked all of the (increasingly bizarre) quests there. :)

I'm six hours in and just cleared the third area. I keep booting up my SNES classic and scrolling through the titles and then just end up coming back to this

tebunker

Banned
I'm six hours in and just cleared the third area. I keep booting up my SNES classic and scrolling through the titles and then just end up coming back to this

I am about 6 hours in at roughly the same spot and yeah. I feel the exact same way. I did play some destiny with the wife and brother, but wanted to play this at the moment.

So good.

Delio

Just finished Lurker Valley and man this game is a lot of fun. Loved how bizarre Lurker Valley was and i cant wait to see the other areas.

Just played this for around 3 hours straight, what a gem. Absolutely love the mix of solid golf mechanics and craziness.

Off to bed for now, but I can tell I'm going to be playing this pretty hard for a while, great job to the team!

Hasney

I found that the other team in that match made even more mistakes than the old man. Make sure you switch to your best clubs before starting. It's definitely doable

And also finish Oak Manor first to help. The Tee Up ability out of the rough really helps.

Can I mention this game is the first time I've ever agreed with the term 'HD rumble'?

Those dialogue boxes that tilt, and you can HEAR the whiny little rumble that goes with it. I love it. It just adds so much more personality to the game.

jariw

Can I mention this game is the first time I've ever agreed with the term 'HD rumble'?

Those dialogue boxes that tilt, and you can HEAR the whiny little rumble that goes with it. I love it. It just adds so much more personality to the game.

I agree, but there are other games available that use it really well. For example, the Left/Right rumble in Tumbleweed or the various degree of rumbling while digging in Steamworld Dig 2.

Hasney

Finished. A delightful ending too. What a game.

Not sure where on my top 10 it will be for GOTY, but it's easily going to be there. I also I enjoy the quest I have now I've finished:
My main goal now is to enjoy life.

Still got some of the more difficult side quests to do, so I'll tackle them at some point. But what a wonderful experience.

I found that the other team in that match made even more mistakes than the old man. Make sure you switch to your best clubs before starting. It's definitely doable

I really hope this is the last time they team you up with someone I did not mind Coach as much but that old man was wow...

This game is long

FiraB

Banned
Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story or Cuphead.

Golf Story wins by a lot so far and I consider the other two really good. This game just has undeniable charm.

ggx2ac

I must be already past halfway through the game and only now did I find out how the use the special abilities: Focus shot,
Power Glove?,
Ghost tee.

Definitely would've made things easier had I known earlier.

Looked at many reviews and discussion but haven’t heard any one mention whether or not you are given the chance to customize your character’s appearance. Can you? And, if so, are there a wide variety of ethnicities possible?

Cerium

Looked at many reviews and discussion but haven’t heard any one mention whether or not you are given the chance to customize your character’s appearance. Can you? And, if so, are there a wide variety of ethnicities possible?

Unfortunately the main character is preset. Hopefully they'll add this feature in a sequel.

Unfortunately the main character is preset. Hopefully they'll add this feature in a sequel.

Ahh, that’s too bad. I guess I won’t be getting this game. I’ve decided that I’m going to talk with my wallet and demand games that should have character customization actually have it.

I feel that gaming is in a bad place right now. I am super interested in the game and slogged through a ton of reviews and not one reviewer mentioned this. Folks talk about diversity in games, especially journalists, but I don’t think they are serious about it. If this sort of thing became a standard part of reviews, developers would make it a priority that they address so they don’t get dinged in text.

Ahh, that’s too bad. I guess I won’t be getting this game. I’ve decided that I’m going to talk with my wallet and demand games that should have character customization actually have it.

I feel that gaming is in a bad place right now. I am super interested in the game and slogged through a ton of reviews and not one reviewer mentioned this. Folks talk about diversity in games, especially journalists, but I don’t think they are serious about it. If this sort of thing became a standard part of reviews, developers would make it a priority that they address so they don’t get dinged in text.

The game features many different races, ages, disabilities, and much more. It also portrays women in a strong way, teaches values and important life lessons. And it plays some good golf and is very funny.

In Quick Play mode player one plays as a woman and player two as a dark skinned man.

By all means take your stand but I thought you should know the above. Personally I think it's unfair to judge a game on your one criteria when it does so much else right.

If ever there was a game with a big heart, this is it.

jariw

Ahh, that's too bad. I guess I won't be getting this game. I've decided that I'm going to talk with my wallet and demand games that should have character customization actually have it.

Why should this game have character customization? It's a specific story that is being told.

If you for example change the gender of the main character, should that mean that the main character broke up from a same-sex marriage? Or should you set gender as well as sexuality of the main character?

Cerium

Why should this game have character customization? It's a specific story that is being told.

Eh I think it's fair to want the feature. The story could've been made to work around it without losing much, in my opinion. Obviously I wouldn't pass on the game over it, but I would hope that with more resources the devs will take it into account next time.

Game is pretty obtuse at times, but a lot of fun overall

Also, unnecessarily difficult until you realise how crucial precision mode is to the gameplay :')

jariw

Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story or Cuphead.

Golf Story wins by a lot so far and I consider the other two really good. This game just has undeniable charm.

Bugs aren't charming. There has been so many cases on unsaved progress right now (using the Save & Exit option) that I'm thinking of waiting for an patch update to continue. Might be a better approach to only play this game and put the Switch in sleep mode, but unfortunately the Switch is used for so many other games as well.

dl77

Sorry if this has already been covered but it anyone else experiencing lag with the pro controller? It's a pain in the backside because I have to alter my timings depending on if I'm using the joycons or pro controller.

The game features many different races, ages, disabilities, and much more. It also portrays women in a strong way, teaches values and important life lessons. And it plays some good golf and is very funny.

By all means take your stand but I thought you should know the above. Personally I think it's unfair to judge a game on your one criteria when it does so much else right.

That’s good to hear. Games have gotten better with having casts that represent the real world, but if a game can allow users to customize main characters they want to spend hours looking at and investing time in, I think they should.

Hasney

Sorry if this has already been covered but it anyone else experiencing lag with the pro controller? It's a pain in the backside because I have to alter my timings depending on if I'm using the joycons or pro controller.

In what configuration? Been flipping between attached joycons in handheld and Pro on TV and had no issues.

Has anyone found the
elite
cache yet?

I've went through Wellworn grove to start with but no luck so far.

The one after getting 5 coins? It's in the world map, below Lurker Valley

Top Bottom