• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

shit this show is gettting GOOD!!! was that
Firefly
in the preview for next week!?

Riddler getting some tail

Peguin has finally entered practically his final stage of becoming a full villian

Bruce thinking with his dick? we all know that new girl is going to lure Bruce into something dangerous only for Selena to save him

Desean101

Banned
Season 2 is on fire man XD good god this season blows season 1 out of the water also who the hell is that guy in the preview in the hood.

Oddduck

It was kind of cool seeing Penguin wear a hat in this episode.

He should wear one more often.

penguin%20hat.jpg

Chiklis from corrupt cop to straight shooter. I really like his addition and hopefully he mentors Jim and molds him for what he becomes in the future

Montoya should have been part of the rookie cops, but wasted in Barbara story.
Another season 1 where are they now... Poison Ivy. I'm glad

Surprised by the Penguin/ Galavan story they went through. Really good

I found the Commish calling out the cops and that two of them had the last names Coulson and Hightower funnier than I should have.

Hightower caught my attention and I was wondering if they were all Police Academy officers.

Also I step away for a bit and I didn't see if Victor made it out alive? Tell me he's still alive, I love Victor.

Skux

Great episode. Everyone had a purpose, and the acting was deliciously theatrical where it needed to be.

Love the new Commissioner. Even though he shares Gordon's goal of cleaning up the police, he's a pure hardliner and won't budge an inch. The recruitment scene was great too, although I doubt we'll get to learn much more about these characters, they just seem to be there to give Gordon more power.

Theo is such a schemer, holy shit. Kidnapping Penguin's mother to make Penguin his puppet, and then plying Bruce with sex.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Another solid episode. Love the new Commissioner, and the idea of giving Gordon his own strike force. This show is slowly turning into the Gotham Central type of show I wanted it to be. Good police drama surrounded by the ridiculousness of Gotham City.

Sölf

Another good episode. Penguin being back is a good thing. And Zsasz was awesome as always. :D
And dat preview. Next week just has to be great!

Chariot

Now this was an amazing episode. I love Barns. Amazing character, great acting. This is a man who I fully believe gets respected. Having a competent and motivated chief with a strike force that works under Gordon means that shit is really going down.
The only thing that still bothers me is Gallavan's overly obvious false flag attacks. I mean, seriously.

The jokes were really good though, cracked up multiple times.

"You need an assassins. This is Gotham. You can find one in the phonebook. Under A."

"Steady now. Just think blue skies and confields."

"Ugh, unexpected."

I can't focus whenever Jessica Lucas is on screen, especially during this episode. Goodness.

Good episode overall. Was worried it might lose momentum after Jerome.

Liking Chiklis' character the idea of a strike team led by Gordon. This is pretty much what I hoped for from the beginning, glad to see it only took one season to get here. Now to hope it doesn't crumble after a few episodes.

Of course Theo kidnapped Penguin's mother. Of course.

Penguin needs to wear a hat more often.

Goddamn at the slap, but Selina took it like a champ.

Dat Zaasz though. Fantastic scene.

And LOL at Nygma.

Sadist

- Galavan creepin'
- Hehe, it took a while but finally they take Penguin's mom. Wondered when that would happen.
- Chiklis with the straight arrow stuff. Putting it on a bit too strongly, but it works.
- Alfred rocks. That was an awesome punch. Selena be cryin' in the streets.
- Bruce beware the young pussy trap
- Butch: "Just imagine blue skies and cornfields. That's what I do"
- I liked the Nygma plot. Daaaaw, nerd love.

Man, first few episodes of season 2 are so much better.

Apoc29

Alfred slapped the bejesus out of Selina. I wish they'd bring back Reggie, if only to hear him say BUNDERRRRRRSLAWWWWW one more time.

Barnes assembling a team straight out of the academy is a nice nod to the Untouchables. And of course, the whole Shield thing. Too bad these kids will last as long as the Maniax did.

Penguin will have no mercy on Galavan. They both seem like heavyweight villains, but I think Penguin will come out on top due to his viciousness.

Sober

I thought that was weird how they used the same reaction shot of Gordon during the shootout with Zsasz. Especially because he has an empty gun in it even at the start of the firefight.

But then they go and do something goofy and precise like make Nygma and Kringle's glasses clink each other when they kiss and they acknowledge that.

Someone needs to GIF Alfred slapping Selina.

So ludicrous.

James Frain knows exactly what kind of show he's on. His dramatic overacting is so awful it's hilarious.

Lol, Theo clouding Bruce's thoughts with a pretty blonde. How nefarious.

Even as someone who already ranked this above everything but Flash last season,
Holy shit they are absolutely killing it this season.

Every aspect is going full speed. Bruce is even being worked into other main plots this season.

At this point the only thing I need asap is a reference to The Gray Ghost as a TV show/movie.

Even as someone who already ranked this above everything but Flash last season,
Holy shit they are absolutely killing it this season.

Every aspect is going full gear. Bruce is even being worked into other main plots this season.

At this point the only thing I need asap is a reference to The Gray Ghost as a TV show/movie.

The Gray Ghost needs to be a proto-vigilante!

Chariot

I want an epiaode where Bruce watches a Gray Ghost episode while Gordon is working parallel on a similiar case that mirrors the Gray Ghost, but goes slightly to very wrong here and there since Gordon "isn't in a tv-series"

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
yeah the pretty blond girl will make bruce go nuts.
my fiancée and I actually said "oh, they chose a 20 year old to play a 15 year old.." googled her and holy shit she is 15?!

loved the episode. I like where this season is going. and that slap..holy shit that came unexpected.

Bearthgar

Banned
Another awesome episode. I was horribly wrong about them killing off Jerome. I thought he was great. Gordon's Untouchables are an awesome addition. Having them go shot for shot with Zsaz was fun and established some credibility.

VanWinkle

I honestly love this show so much. The look, the AESTHETICS, are absolutely nailed, and look FAR more comic-book-like and stylized than any of other comic book show. Some of the shots they do, I think, "Man, that would make an incredible looking panel or full page spread."

The writing occasionally disappoints me, but it's also often good. The cast is perfect - something I didn't think in the first few episodes of the first season - and the characterization is great.

I'm extremely happy this show exists.

Skux

I honestly love this show so much. The look, the AESTHETICS, are absolutely nailed, and look FAR more comic-book-like and stylized than any of other comic book show. Some of the shots they do, I think, "Man, that would make an incredible looking panel or full page spread."

The art direction is just astounding. It's a mish-mash of all sorts of different styles and eras but still manages to look cohesive.

You've got 1990s technology in TV and cellphones, 1970s cars, 1930s architecture, and costumes ranging from Old Hollywood to Punk to Burlesque. Crazy how they've managed to make it all work.

Top Bottom