• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Hey guys, I'm Risk Breaker's girlfriend. He asked me to let you know the power's out at his house and he's trying to fix it. If you guys could wait an extra 10 minutes for him to show up he'd really appreciate it. If he doesn't make it in 10 minutes feel free to start the race without him.

pax217

Asking as a pre-caution, am I allowed to add a few of you guys that seem to regularly take part in the GAF races on PSN? I've been looking for some people to race with on GT5, but it all comes out to people who switch to the X2010 at the last second or something ridiculous like that.

I'd obviously introduce myself with the invite, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't over stepping a boundary or something.

magawolaz

Got disconnetted at the beginning of lap 5 :(

I don't know what else to do; I changed my modem/router six months ago, I opened router ports for GT5, I switched off/on the router before every race... no PCs or other devices are connected to the router when I'm playing, but I still can't have a week without problem playing online in GT5 (and only in GT5, I never had a problem with other games, even LittleBigPlanet or MAG)

Anyway, that was a short but great race. Niks, thank you for organize it.
Have fun guys!

ashk

I got disconnected too, just as it was starting to get interesting :(

Getting knocked out in the first corner wasn't so fun though :p

ashk

Asking as a pre-caution, am I allowed to add a few of you guys that seem to regularly take part in the GAF races on PSN? I've been looking for some people to race with on GT5, but it all comes out to people who switch to the X2010 at the last second or something ridiculous like that.

I'd obviously introduce myself with the invite, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't over stepping a boundary or something.

There's nothing special about adding friends, feel free to send an invite to anyone you want. Easiest way would be to join a weekly race (hosted in the GT5NRL lounge, so you need to have GT5NRL as a friend) and just send an invite to everyone there.

pax217

There's nothing special about adding friends, feel free to send an invite to anyone you want. Easiest way would be to join a weekly race (hosted in the GT5NRL lounge, so you need to have GT5 as a friend) and just send an invite to everyone there.

Thanks.

Great race, one of my favorites from NRL so far. Just wish I was a little faster so I could have gotten closer to battle MM and dubc35 at the end. The start was exhilarating, I've never been near the front for so long, it was intense trying to maintain pace and prevent crashes to myself or others, my heart was beating like crazy.

Congrats to Dibbz again for his impressive victory. Even if he did use a cheaters car (GTR). :p

Niks

Thanks all for participating, was a great race from the second place down :p
Sorry for the bump at the start Nab, chain reaction from the back. Shame you got dc.

This was NRL at its best, thanks again all.

CGJYZ.jpg

pax217

Looks like a ton of fun. I spy an LFA, which I always like to see.

Looks like the R8 is headed for the wall back there, ha ha.

Dibbz

Great race guys. Didn't expect it to go like that though. I thought everyone was doing 2.07's to 2.06 and felt I would be competitive but not as strong as that. What times did everyone get for qualification? I done a 2.05 but just barely and am sure a few people done a low 2.06.

Anyway I'm quite pleased to have a fun Sunday Evening Drive. ;)

http://youtu.be/f9_x3weuoJ4?t=1m14s

6905705893_b0f5c9b481_b.jpg

Toxa

Well I'm not suprised to see the GTR on the top xD but congrats Dibbz
3rd is a good result , it was a great race (unbalanced) , really cool at least during 15 laps

I decided to start on last pos because IMO the 458 was a bit too fast.
during ~15lap it was a good race (I still wondering how patriots managed to exit the pit before me )
but later it was awful the behavior of some drivers seemed to me disrespectful, with this atmosphere it was difficult to stay fair, too many bump ...

on the last lap in the first corner I was trying to overtake patriots , he brake earlier and I delayed my brakes, I was sure to have properly calculate my movement, I try to dive in inside line and he closes the door while he brake it was impossible to avoided the crash

in the last chicane patriots bumped on me making car my jumping over both edges making the car unable to accelerate properly

but patriots wasn't the only driver to be involved in racing incident in this race tonight

I do not say that I was completely clean throughout the race, sometimes bumping on other cars, cutting corner, jumping over the edges, going large in a corner (especialy if the car is tricky on throttle) or other stuff is normal

I think there has been too many incidents in less than 5 laps, despite all this I think I wouldn't say so much about racing incident

but overtaking off track

861062NrburgringGPF23.jpg

400798NrburgringGPF24.jpg

was too much tonight xD

overall I don't care

Fucking crap :(

Power was out for two hours and shit got broken, sorry to keep you waiting guys.

I did 2.06 on practice laps and I improved my setup a few hours before the race to keep tyre wear at a minimum (and have a very stable and predictable behaviour), only 1 pit stop with some luck. I was pretty excited about the race but hey, shit happens.

Congrats Dibbz, I remember you being pretty fast here in the Corvette as well so it sure wasn't the car :p And sad to see Toxa reporting unclean or simply too aggressive behaviours... I wish I could've been there to make things harder for you on your 3rd position :p

Next weekend is a big no-no for me so who knows when will I be back.

Dibbz

Thanks Risk, it's a shame you couldn't make it today but hopefully in a couple of weeks. Speaking of which does anyone have any plans for the next race?

I gotta say the GT-R was really fast, even I was surprised and I was driving the thing :p First time I took it to the Nurb I got a 2.08 then today after some tweaking it became unstoppable. The start was amazing in it. No TCS or anything on and it just flew off the line.

Shame to hear there was some rough fighting going on. Nothing wrong with a bit of contact but if you trade places unfairly you should let the other guy back through. I haven't seen any of it myself but hopefully it was mostly accidental.

Great Race everyone, Dibbz is on roll!

I for one after about lap 3, when I had relaxed and got into the racing rhythm, found myself rather like Aldous Huxley entering a spiritual mystical union with my NSX, as though we had spent 1,001 Summer sunsets gently holding hands and quoting Nietzsche.

Needless to say, I am writing to my local political representative to advocate man/car civil partnership.

Thankfuck for democracy.

Pics coming soon....

dubc35

It was a good race everyone! I got bumped off on T6 the first lap but was able to claw back into it a bit.
Great race, one of my favorites from NRL so far. Just wish I was a little faster so I could have gotten closer to battle MM and dubc35 at the end.
I couldn't catch MM, I was trying hard! lol I was a bit faster on the first half of the track (sans T1) and he was faster on the second (Schumi chicane was bad for me). We were both making some small mistakes but never enough for me to take advantage. I backed off the last lap or two after I kept going wide into the hairpins, my tires were about to go.

My baby :D Great car
I might have saw your disconnect. You went straight into the wall in the Schumi chicane. Or, that happened and then you left, lol, j/j. :p

paskowitz

Well I'm not suprised to see the GTR on the top xD but congrats Dibbz
3rd is a good result , it was a great race (unbalanced) , really cool at least during 15 laps

I decided to start on last pos because IMO the 458 was a bit too fast.
during ~15lap it was a good race (I still wondering how patriots managed to exit the pit before me )
but later it was awful the behavior of some drivers seemed to me disrespectful, with this atmosphere it was difficult to stay fair, too many bump ...

on the last lap in the first corner I was trying to overtake patriots , he brake earlier and I delayed my brakes, I was sure to have properly calculate my movement, I try to dive in inside line and he closes the door while he brake it was impossible to avoided the crash

in the last chicane patriots bumped on me making car my jumping over both edges making the car unable to accelerate properly

but patriots wasn't the only driver to be involved in racing incident in this race tonight

I do not say that I was completely clean throughout the race, sometimes bumping on other cars, cutting corner, jumping over the edges, going large in a corner (especialy if the car is tricky on throttle) or other stuff is normal

I think there has been too many incidents in less than 5 laps, despite all this I think I wouldn't say so much about racing incident

but overtaking off track

861062NrburgringGPF23.jpg

400798NrburgringGPF24.jpg

was too much tonight xD

overall I don't care

Absolutely no hard feelings (I hope).

After watching the replay, T4 (first pic) I had the wide line, you took the inside line. I stayed as far to the outside as possible. But you did bump me coming off the curbs (I did not cut you off) causing me to go off the track. This did not affect my traction for some reason so I tried to get back on track. Given the power of my car I got ahead of you. Also, based on the pictures I really had no place to go. That being said, I had a hard time taking that corner and my car always went wide. The amount of time I gained from this is debatable since me going wide is a result of me sliding. In fact, I felt like I was constantly sliding the whole race:) For that I am sorry and I should have been more aware.

In regards to T1 last lap. I had no tires at that point and in case you could not tell the previous 19 laps, my car sucks at braking. The defensive line is ALWAYS to the inside and you can be sure, knowing me, I will defend. And if we are going by regular racing rules, it is always the job of the car behind to overtake safely. I also only made one move to the inside. I have nothing against the fact you hit me, I kinda saw that coming. If we are going by Senna's rules, there was a gap, and you went for it. That is ok with me. But then you over took me after the collision (not usually what is done... see above). No matter, I figured I could get a good run on you on the back straight. There was one incident before where I T-boned you, pretty hard :( . This was totally my fault. Like I said, my cars brakes sucked. But I did not try to overtake you. I slowed down and made sure you were passed me.

Final chicane. I definitely bumped you causing you a loss of traction. This is all on me. At the time I did not realize that I had even hit you (engine sounds and everything). It was at low speed so I figured no big deal. It was not a hard bump, but it evidently was enough. I am sorry this happened, but it was definitely not intentional. I hope my apology is accepted.

Overall I thought we had a great race. I hope there are no hard feelings, and I will be more conscious of my driving in the future (and pick a more stable car).

Oh yeah, CONGRATS DIBBZ!!!!!

Toxa

Absolutely no hard feelings (I hope).

no don't worry ;) but as I said there were too many incidents not to mention the part when a backmarker nearly managed to put me out of the race LMAO

we should remind to the newcomers at each race as a backmarker they are not supposed to fight, interfere, or ruined the race of the lead cars

paskowitz

no don't worry ;) but as I said there were too many incidents not to mention the part when a backmarker nearly managed to put me out of the race LMAO

we should remind to the newcomers at each race as a backmarker they are not supposed to fight, interfere, or ruined the race of the lead cars

That is good to hear.

I think the best thing to do is message them and ask them to watch the replay so they can see what they did wrong.

Dibbz

Different cars/events every week. When one is announced just make sure you get some practice in before the race and just keep asking here to see what lap times most people are doing.

Polyphony

If you guys are uninspired, here are some (hopefully original) themes for next week:

- American muscle cars
- Trucks
- Vintage pre-1975 lightweights on Monaco
- JDM
- Track creator race
- Rally

paskowitz

Tox, I watched the replay, again (3rd time), but this time from you perspective in 3rd person view... wow... what a difference. It looked like nothing from my point of view, but that was not the case from yours.

When I overtook you off track, T4... that was not really so bad. I had no place to go and we hit mid corner. What was bad was just before that on T1, T2 and T3 on lap 17 (IIRC). I should have just backed off. Plain and simple. I am super sorry.

You had a rough race. Particularly with the cars from Deutschland...

Dibbz

I've got an idea for next weeks race.

Track: Indianapolis
Car: Corvette ZR1 or 370z (tuned)

Don't think we have ever done this track. Really tempted to go with 370z with a tune to recreate the GT5 demo but online this time.

paskowitz

I've got an idea for next weeks race.

Track: Indianapolis
Car: Corvette ZR1 or 370z (tuned)

Don't think we have ever done this track. Really tempted to go with 370z with a tune to recreate the GT5 demo but online this time.
I would say ZR1 stock no tuning, sm tires, either Indy or Daytona road.

Dibbz

I would say ZR1 stock no tuning, sm tires, either Indy or Daytona road.

I just tried the ZR1 and it's a fun drive but with some new people starting to join I think it would be too much for them. I think the 370z will be much more friendly for people.

I'll post the race details in a bit.

YXEcf.png

370Z at Indianapolis

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1330286400z0.png

B]Allowed cars:[/B]
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
~380BHP / 491PP with tuning
1530kg
Tuning allowed:
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust

Aero Kits (spoilers etc)
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:
Road Course Indy (Indianapolis)​
Laps:
TBD
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (1 / 16):
  • 01 - Dibbz
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

paskowitz

I guess trial by ZR1 is a bit like trial by fire.

For tuning I suggest full tuning. 381hp and 1250kg. Those are the specs of the 370z GT Academy edition.

Sign me up.

Top Bottom