• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Dead Man

Hey! Yeah, crappy time, but I think I have the next day off work. And any tyres are fine, I will be near the back anyway :)

paskowitz

Angst said:
Dead Man! Long time no see :) The race time is at an atrocious local time for you guys in AU, so I didn't expect to see you. As for the tyres, I'll try to do a full stint with SH and then SS and see how it works out.

Le Mans only has 2-3 low speed corners. Things get hard lap 4/5 and 9/10 assuming a pit on lap 5. The rear spoiler really helps. I had to drive very carefully and I know the Ford GT very well. If you want to go to SM or SS that is fine, you won't see any complaints here, however, like you said, SH adds a nice challenge.

BTW the GT looks awesome in MK.IV red (the GT40's color) with black BBS rims.

Angst

Next week's event will be something special:

Mid-week event the day the patch hits.
GT servers will probably be offline during patch and I will cry

We'll also do the usual Sunday event of course.

Angst said:
Next week's event will be something special:

Mid-week event the day the patch hits.
GT servers will probably be offline during patch and I will cry

We'll also do the usual Sunday event of course.
Rain races bitches!

I think we could even do a race on wet surface but sunny weather so it would dry as laps go by... or something like that! Judging by that single screenshot of course.

Angst

If the patch drops at a reasonable time on the 11th we will have an open lounge and do shorter races with different cars and try different weather conditions. Not "open" as in "public" (don't want to let the riff raff in
KuGsj.gif
), but "open" as in we race for as long as we want and people can drop in and out at will.

I really like the improved lounge settings that has been hinted at. Being able to specify for example "German cars, pre-1979, max 450PP, Sports Hard" would simplify things so much.

What's clear is that good times are coming!

I still haven't tried the GT+LaSarthe combo btw, too busy buying BMW V12 and Toyota GT-One (FINALLY).

Angst

I'll be in the NRL lounge in about one hour if anyone wants to practice.

@pazkowitz: I didn't see your message until just now :p

paskowitz

Looks like there is a very good chance I will not make it AGAIN! I practiced all week and thought I had gotten all of my work out of the way... and no. FML. If I can make it I will be there. If not, I won't. BAH!

I'm not feeling too confident about this race :p

I'll be there in a little while with my red GT. Oh and Angst, what time of the day will we be racing? Night into day or the other way around?

Angst

Xun said:
Sign me up guys, hopefully I'll make it this time!
You need to send me a FR stat. I'm going to start the lounge in a couple of minutes and then I won't be able to accept it - and you won't be able to join...

"Me" as in "GT5NRL"

Risk Breaker said:
I'm not feeling too confident about this race :p

I'll be there in a little while with my red GT. Oh and Angst, what time of the day will we be racing? Night into day or the other way around?
We'll do a dawn to dusk race. Starting at 7 AM and ending at 7 PM.

Metalmurphy said:
How man, I am gonna suck tonight.

No time to practice, I just unlocked the Heat Seekers for the Jets in Battlefield 3 lol

And I'm level 81 in Gears 3... we're going to have serious problems xD

Angst

No heat seekers allowed MM, they're not on the allowed tuning list. :)

Lounge is up now.

I haven't practiced much either, Dark Souls have been devouring my soul.

EDIT - slight change of plan. As Le Sarthe is a long track I won't reset the track for quali. Quali is from now until normal race start. And the race will be 9 laps.

I'm joining now :)

FALSE EDIT: But I'm alone? I'll leave and rejoin or something...

I think you joined your own lounge on mistake, Angst :p

ashk

It seems I'm not alone :p I've had 3 laps worth of practice, I've been rushing through SOTC to have time to play Dark Souls when I get it in the mail, hopefully tommorow :p

At least I won't get frustrated if I crash out, which is very likely to happen.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I won't be racing tonight, PS3 has died for the 6th time just as I was doing the Vettel challenge :( Have fun guys.

Angst

Xun said:
Shit sorry or running a bit late.

My username is Volcanux.
I'm already online, but I've asked MM to add you. Hope it works out.

MikeDub said:
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I won't be racing tonight, PS3 has died for the 6th time just as I was doing the Vettel challenge :( Have fun guys.
Damn, that's a shame. Get a new PS3, you know you want to play Spec II and U3 ;)

Angst said:
I'm already online, but I've asked MM to add you. Hope it works out.

Damn, that's a shame. Get a new PS3, you know you want to play Spec II and U3 ;)
I have dragged out ps3 #2, see if I can get through these 4 updates and join you guys!

Xun

Yeah... I did badly. Good fun though, despite being overlapped! :p

First time driving the car and I just wasn't used to the thing. I also fucked up my start which didn't help matters at all.

Also sorry once again for accidentally starting the race, I'm really not used to GT5's online mode.

Xun said:

First time driving the car and I just wasn't used to the thing. I also fucked up my start which didn't help matters at all.

Also sorry once again for accidentally starting the race, I'm really not used to GT5's online mode.

Don't worry about that, we've all done that sooner or later :p It's too easy to accidentally press X, I wish it could be cancelled by the room owner or something.

I'll post my impressions tomorrow after I try Dark Souls, I'm too tired right now. All I'll say is that it left a bittersweet taste in my mouth :(

Angst

Xun said:

As RB said, don't worry about it. It's pretty odd that anyone can start the race/change track etc. But I think it's different in public lobbies?

Dibbz

Awesome shots Niks. Shame I couldn't make it this week. My brother just came into town tonight.

Anyone got a PAL replay they wanna upload?

Xun

Angst said:
As RB said, don't worry about it. It's pretty odd that anyone can start the race/change track etc. But I think it's different in public lobbies?
Risk Breaker said:
Don't worry about that, we've all done that sooner or later :p It's too easy to accidentally press X, I wish it could be cancelled by the room owner or something.
Yeah, I have no idea why anyone can start the race. It seems a bit silly really.

I thoroughly enjoyed partaking in this, so I'll make sure to join you guys next time (assuming I'm not busy).

Also brilliant shots of the race!

Angst

paskowitz said:
What was the best lap time from qualifying or the race? Also I am so sorry I missed it.
Hum, don't really remember 4:12?
Anyway, tomorrow will be open lounge in the NRL Lounge. Once the patch hits anyone that wants to do shorter races and try out the new features should join.

Dead Man

The Ford GT is such a good looking car. Sorry I missed the race. If work gets itself sorted and I can finagle Mondays off I can't wait to jump back in.

Yeah, I did 4.12.911 IIRC. It's pretty tough to do fast laps on la sarthe, specially at night...

Awesome pics Niks :D I'll wait for Spec 2.0 and take some too, I can't be arsed now that I know rewind and FF is coming ><

I was the red GT with red rims, Ashk and Angst the white one and Niks the grey one? I personally loved doing a one-make race with the Ford GT btw.

Toxa

I still wish to race with those cars

Zonda LM Race Car
Covertte C5-R '00
Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II Test Car
Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car "97
2000 Ford Falcon XR8
Nissan Fairlady Z LM Race Car
Nissan GTR Concept LM Race Car
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00
Viper GTS-R Team Oreca '00
Mclaren F1 stealth Model
SLS AMG Stealth Model
Citroën GT Race Car

Toxa said:

Zonda LM Race Car
Covertte C5-R '00
Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
2000 Ford Falcon XR8
Mclaren F1 stealth Model
SLS AMG Stealth Model
Citroën GT Race Car

Next race is after Spec II so it has to be this one:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6237/6214248190_2f69ca9a66.jpg

Angst

Toxa said:

Zonda LM Race Car
Covertte C5-R '00
Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
2000 Ford Falcon XR8
Mclaren F1 stealth Model
SLS AMG Stealth Model
Citroën GT Race Car
As long as you watch and don't race you have no say ;)

But I want to race the Corvette RM too.

Metalmurphy said:
Next race is after Spec II so it has to be this one:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6237/6214248190_2f69ca9a66.jpg
I was thinking the same

paskowitz

Risk Breaker said:
Yeah, I did 4.12.911 IIRC. It's pretty tough to do fast laps on la sarthe, specially at night...

Awesome pics Niks :D I'll wait for Spec 2.0 and take some too, I can't be arsed now that I know rewind and FF is coming ><

I was the red GT with red rims, Ashk and Angst the white one and Niks the grey one? I personally loved doing a one-make race with the Ford GT btw.

My best after a weeks of practice was 4:09.887. Damn. Wish I had been there. I look forward to whatever comes after Spec-II. I do not know how long it has been since a race on the Nurburgring, but that would be my locale of choice.

Just putting it out there but I want to do a race in the Renault Clio Sport, at the alps, in the wet. Even if it's a 'sub race' after the main event, it's just something different from the usual high performance stuff we do. I think our best race was in the integras earlier in the summer.

Angst

MikeDub said:
Just putting it out there but I want to do a race in the Renault Clio Sport, at the alps, in the wet. Even if it's a 'sub race' after the main event, it's just something different from the usual high performance stuff we do. I think our best race was in the integras earlier in the summer.
"Alps" as in Chamonix or Eiger?
And yeah, we'll do some more lower power races and I've been looking at Eiger. We did a test earlier in the wet and it was fun but too slippery. Now that we can control the rain it should be better.

Angst said:
"Alps" as in Chamonix or Eiger?
And yeah, we'll do some more lower power races and I've been looking at Eiger. We did a test earlier in the wet and it was fun but too slippery. Now that we can control the rain it should be better.

Must have been Eiger, the one that has the insanely long pit lane. I am crossing the streams with that 'other racing game' and messing up names.

Angst

Everybody is welcome to join me in the NRL lounge tonight from 19.15 CET (ish). We'll do short races and test the new lounge settings.

If you haven't raced with us before but want to do some quick races, please send a FR to GT5NRL before 19.00 CET tonight. We will then meet up in the GT5NRL lounge.

EDIT - It will be a public lounge instead. I'll post the room# in the Spec II OT when it's up.

Also: no race for me on Sunday unfortunately. If anyone else wants to organize something that's cool. Next Sunday will be all about Spa and Prius RM :p Spa definitely, we'll see about what car, probably one of the touring cars.

Top Bottom