• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

expy

Banned
theignoramus said:
The Vettel challenge is humiliating. I cant even finish a fucking lap on MONZA. I spent at least 4 hours trying to put together a lap at the Grand Prix circuit (and kept failing at 4th and 5th corners) so I figured, hey, Monza is basically an oval with a few chicanes, I can do it.
Wrong.:lol
Yea, they really test your abilities to manage speed and acceleration.

paskowitz

My gamesave got corrupt due to a power outage and I lost almost all my progress... but... I started over and did some of the online events.... and in 2 hours and 128 miles I am already lvl 21... LOL!:D

expy

Banned
paskowitz said:
My gamesave got corrupt due to a power outage and I lost almost all my progress... but... I started over and did some of the online events.... and in 2 hours and 128 miles I am already lvl 21... LOL!:D
Back up your savesss!!!!

Jal

Is everyone elses game playing xmas music?, i was thinking "this sounds like Jingle Bells" then it starts with Silent Night and We Wish You A Merry Xmas.:lol

spats

Jal said:
Is everyone elses game playing xmas music?, i was thinking "this sounds like Jingle Bells" then it starts with Silent Night and We Wish You A Merry Xmas.:lol

Yup. Seems there's a decent variety of christmas jazz.

brentech

offshore said:
So...I shouldn't do that then?

There should be an option to put your old oil back in to lower the power again :lol This is the third time that an oil change has caught me out. Getting annoying.
I didn't make any aero or suspension changes prior to going into the race, so I'd suggest tuning it for a technical course. I'll probably give it one more go with my standard technical tuning I use and see what happens. But I'm going to try getting the Formula GT series done at the moment.

picked this up with a $50 reward zone- the nostalgia was too much to resist.

Is there any chance that they'll do a patch to fix the shadows?

Game is great, just so annoyed watching replays and seeing those awful shadows on those beautiful cars.

Ugh, don't buy Ferrari F10. I knew you couldn't race anywhere but it makes FFB wheels vilontely shake when going straight at high speed.

Nothing but expensive eye candy :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
offshore said:
So...I shouldn't do that then?

There should be an option to put your old oil back in to lower the power again :lol This is the third time that an oil change has caught me out. Getting annoying.

Unless you're REALLY good at the 'ring with "heavy" cars. I say no, unless you want the 10,000 for using the Gamestop NASCAR for free.

What a fucking joke of a challenge, the damn thing is a boat and can't take those corners at the speed the AI apparently can.

TheSeks said:
Unless you're REALLY good at the 'ring with "heavy" cars. I say no, unless you want the 10,000 for using the Gamestop NASCAR for free.

What a fucking joke of a challenge, the damn thing is a boat and can't take those corners at the speed the AI apparently can.
What challenge you talking about?

UFRA

TheSeks said:
I really wonder what Kaz was smoking for the NASCAR event.

"We'll take the NASCARS... and PUT THEM ON A TECHNICAL COURSE! PLAYERS WILL LOVE IT!"

12th place and spazzing all over them place in the corners. :|

Yeah no kidding. It's like he forgot NASCAR's can't turn right.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
... i wasted 700k on the corvette with tune and RM... and i got 10th in like the wind... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i golded the other one but daytona is sandpaper raping me.

gues i need to lvl up bspec to unlock zonda. bspec takes so longggggggggggggg im only lvl6!

CrushDance said:
Furai in like the wind doesn't work GAF.
it does. golded first try, but not on daytona.

Metalmurphy said:
Like I said. Max the downforce and fly by them in the corners.

ill double check if i did that tonight, thx

Tiduz said:
... i wasted 700k on the corvette with tune and RM... and i got 10th in like the wind... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i golded the other one but daytona is sandpaper raping me.

gues i need to lvl up bspec to unlock zonda. bspec takes so longggggggggggggg im only lvl6!

Like I said. Max the downforce and fly by them in the corners.

TTG

gutterboy44 said:
Ugh, don't buy Ferrari F10. I knew you couldn't race anywhere but it makes FFB wheels vilontely shake when going straight at high speed.

Is it faster that the formula gt car? And I'm assuming you can't upgrade it at all, right?

TTG

Some more impressions of the new bonus events. The Mini and Mustang are very beatable and loads of fun. The Focus RS and RX-7 are impossible without skid recovery force. It's such a shame that an assist in a sim racing game would make you faster and some phantom one at that. I hadn't put it on at all until I saw someone on another forum mention it as the key to victory. Sure enough, 16 and 20 second leads evaporated into nothing. I'm guessing this is also how I easily won the formula gt series on my second try. I was trying to play around with the assists(since you can't stay consistent in the formula gt without them) and must have flipped that one on. I wonder how many unneeded retries I've had in license tests just because I didn't have that thing on. And yes, it's basically like turning on autopilot, perfect traction everywhere.

On to the NASCAR event! I see people complaigning about the oil change. I had the same problem, enter it in an endurance race, that will bump it back down to 850.

TheSeks

CrushDance said:
Furai in like the wind doesn't work GAF.

It does on Indy. On Daytona... I dunno. It keeps skidding off the track because the cars hit me and make me skid or I can't corner worth a damn due to no grip.

Who wants to give me a car that'll win Like the Wind Daytona with ease for a moment? :D

Rflagg

Screw the NASCAR at Nurburgring event that shit is hard 8/
Might retry the focus one with those aids I thought it was just a case of me not having enough talent.(second place finish)

gutterboy44 said:

bug; related to the amount of down force applied. high down force pushes the wheels through the track causing the shakes.

120/150 seems to be the maximum down force allowed before the violent shakes kick in (tested on monza)

should have been fixed with the first patch.

somebody send kaz a tweet about it.

cilonen

Dammit. I thought my save restored fine from backup after I accidentally deleted it, but I've lost my little Honda S800 Race Car somewhere in the ether between my two accounts. I loved that thing and I've only ever seen it come up in the used lot once (bought it straight away). Sadface.gif

Branson

Regarding the Furai and daytona, you have to be in at least 3rd coming onto the oval after the first set of turns. Also you need to be close enough to get a draft. If you can get both of those you can blow by both cars on the backstraight towards the busstop. The Furais strongpoint seems to be it's acceleration.

TheSeks

Branson said:
Regarding the Furai and daytona, you have to be in at least 3rd coming onto the oval after the first set of turns. Also you need to be close enough to get a draft. If you can get both of those you can blow by both cars on the backstraight towards the busstop. The Furais strongpoint seems to be it's acceleration.

But not it's cornering, which sucks. I could do the race if it did corners worth a damn. Brake and enter a corner? Skid out. Brake too much? Hit and skid out. :|

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Lagspike_exe said:
Doesn't downforce decrease top speed?
It surely does, due to the increased drag. But in return you get much better grip at corners/arcs. Cue in ovals.

Branson

TheSeks said:
But not it's cornering, which sucks. I could do the race if it did corners worth a damn. Brake and enter a corner? Skid out. Brake too much? Hit and skid out. :|

Did you max out the hp and put all of the upgrades on you could? Racing Softs? And yes it is twitchy and ovesteers like crazy if you dont enter or exit just right.

TheSeks

Branson said:
Did you max out the hp and put all of the upgrades on you could? Racing Softs? And yes it is twitchy and ovesteers like crazy if you dont enter or exit just right.

All the tuning for Indy minus the suspension since they said to keep that default.

Put all the tune that wasn't bought on it as I could. Max downforce. Yes.

i_shoot_to_kill said:
How are you meant to get a nascar around the nurburgring and win?

You don't. Thatsthejoke.jpg

Seriously: Remember the car is heavy. It requires a gentle touch. And only turns left and doesn't turn right so the 'ring event is fucked.

You getting six, is better than my twelve.

Fuzyfrog

Its Christmas day here so I thought I would log into GT5 and see if anything pops up.

6 Museum cards and 6 Paint items.

No xmas car ticket or anything.....

TheSeks said:
You don't. Thatsthejoke.jpg

Seriously: Remember the car is heavy. It requires a gentle touch. And only turns left and doesn't turn right so the 'ring event is fucked.

You getting six, is better than my twelve.

YEAHHHHHH!!!1!!!

fuck you nurburgring and fuck you nascar

*cough*withassists*cough*

equil

Check out this race i had.
XFyHZ.png

It was one of the super car races. I got hit from behind and started sliding sideways for a while.
Luckily the finish line was close or i would have lost. :lol

UFRA

Wow, fuck this.

I can't participate in the NASCAR seasonal event because I changed the oil on my car...

And it's pointless to buy a NASCAR to do it since it will nearly cost the entire amount that I'll win in the end anyways.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

UFRA said:
Wow, fuck this.

I can't participate in the NASCAR seasonal event because I changed the oil on my car...

And it's pointless to buy a NASCAR to do it since it will nearly cost the entire amount that I'll win in the end anyways.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Want mine?

TheSeks

UFRA said:
Wow, fuck this.

That's what you get for not preordering at Gamestop!

Nelsonhaha.jpg

No, but seriously: Do an endurance event. It apparently makes the oil change lower the HP again.

UFRA

Mechanical Snowman said:
Want mine?

Thanks for the offer. :)

I just realized they were only 500,000. I thought they were like 850,000 or more. So I bought one and at least I'll still make a 500,000 profit in the end, so it's worth it. :D

Also, Seks. I have the GameStop NASCAR from a friend's account, but I changed the oil and it has 892 HP. lol

And my Earnhardt Jr. car has 864 HP due to oil change.

I bought a Ford this time around and it has 824 stock. I'm almost tempted to try and oil change it, but it's very likely I could get more than a 26HP boost from it so I wont.

I'm so happy to finally turn level 30 and unlock the X2010 challenge, but holy shit I'm having such a hard time.

Its hard enough to stay on track, but I'm not even close to the bronze times ;_;

Also, the X2010 rename is so stupid. When Vettels video plays, he says X1(obviously) but the subtitles say X2010 :lol

Top Bottom