• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dronde said:
If u save, send a car, then load save file. DO U get ur car back?

Yes. It's what I just did.

In before bitchers and people complain and get Kaz to lock the save file back. Honestly, it doesn't hurt anyone.

TheSeks

I don't think anyone here besides me is doing that thing, man. And I don't think anyone here has an X1 is going to give it to you.

However, that method and the X1 is apparently popular at other forums. Go to those places.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Yes. It's what I just did.

In before bitchers and people complain and get Kaz to lock the save file back. Honestly, it doesn't hurt anyone.

lol I kinda figured that's how it worked. Don't worry, I won't kill you. :lol

In fact, I'm glad there's a trick like that. With the difficulties this game puts us through sometimes, we need a break here and there. ;)

TheSeks

UFRA said:

In fact, I'm glad there's a trick like that. With the difficulties this game puts us through sometimes, we need a break here and there. ;)

After attempting Daytona for two days with the Furai, I think I can deserve to catch a break and bend the rules a little.

TTG

Nascar Nurburgring race on race tires is way too easy. If you guys want a challenge, go for the street tires :lol A-spec now almost up to level 28. It's a race, who will get to 30 first? Myself with every new seasonal challenge or B-spec driver grinding out endurance races.

6 mil in the bank again. So, what's the verdict on the best premium Le Mans car. I'm leaning towards that Peugeot with the clown paint job.

TTG

TheSeks said:
After attempting Daytona for two days with the Furai, I think I can deserve to catch a break and bend the rules a little.

Why would you do that? :lol I beat that race on the first try with... drumroll... the Veyron. Those Le Mans cars looked like they were standing still with 1240hp on tap.

TheSeks

I don't have a Veryon, and simply the Minolta doesn't drive like a boat.

Got my 1000 ticket :)

1979 civic 3 door

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UFRA said:

Just duplicate me an X1 when you get one :lol

brentech

TofuEater said:
Finally golded the 10 lap Rx7 Tsukuba race in seasonal.

Had to drive perfect every lap, was getting 59s per lap :D
I used an RX-7 I already had on hand, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting times like 1.02 as my fastest. Which RX did you end up using. I think it allows weight down to like 800kg (top of my head), but mine was over 1050kg.

dwebo

brentech said:
I used an RX-7 I already had on hand, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting times like 1.02 as my fastest. Which RX did you end up using. I think it allows weight down to like 800kg (top of my head), but mine was over 1050kg.
I don't think any of the rx-7s can get below 1000kg, so I'm pretty sure a bunch of monkeys came up with the 800kg number. Skid force recovery is required to get the 1min times IMO

TTG

ShowroomGilletVertigo.jpg

So, this thing appeared in the online used car lot. Anyone try it? Not an outrageous price(below 2 mil I think) near 900hp and 780kg. I wonder if the hp can be bumped up into 1000+ category.

Celcius

°Temp. member
TTG said:
A-spec now almost up to level 28. It's a race, who will get to 30 first?
I'm just about to hit lv 33 in a-spec. I'm kinda deflated since you don't get an X1 at lv 35 (only in b-spec mode)...

TTG

dwebo said:
I don't think any of the rx-7s can get below 1000kg, so I'm pretty sure a bunch of monkeys came up with the 800kg number. Skid force recovery is required to get the 1min times IMO

My best time without god mode was 1.01.x Went down to 59.x with it on. I'm sure you could win that without skid recovery, but it would require a pretty big time investment.

brentech

dwebo said:
Guess I'll have to give that a try tomorrow if I get a chance to play. Might just be a log in only day...

For a while I didn't see any positive from SFC as when it activated it just seemed like it was both braking horizontally and in the forward direction - which in turn just made me super slow. Afterward (today), I realized I've been playing since launch without power steering turned on.

While power steering doesn't make any difference at speed (like in real life), when slow it makes a world of difference, and I'm thinking that's why it has this effect. Hopefully I'll see it work positively for me when I get to try the event again. I was almost always clocking at 1.03.xx with a few 1.02's without it.

Boogat

supermackem said:
Booo logged on expecting a christmas car free no dice.:lol
The ones on the Japanese PSN you actually had to go into the store and download them. So we'll need to keep an eye on the PSN store today to see if they every go up.

expy

Banned
Wow, that NASCAR event was damn easy.. I made so many mistakes but still caught up at the final straight.. :lol

brentech

expy said:
Wow, that NASCAR event was damn easy.. I made so many mistakes but still caught up at the final straight.. :lol
Someone else just mentioned aero downforce and that was it, did you make any changes. Still only tried once myself with no changes, but I did awful.

expy

Banned
brentech said:
Someone else just mentioned aero downforce and that was it, did you make any changes. Still only tried once myself with no changes, but I did awful.
I just shifted the transmission down to about 360km/h... You catch up so much time on turns. This on an unmodified NASCAR I had in my Garage.

TofuEater

brentech said:

I ended up using the 40k Rx-7 in the new car lot.

Upgrades were:
All weight reduction stuff (its still 1000kg+),
Sports exhaust, engine mod +2, and some other upgrades to make it 392 bhp (with the oil change for new car at the beginning)
All aero upgrades
6 speed short shift transmission (not full race customisable one)
Sports suspension
Most expensive clutch and flywheel, shaft etc.
The wing was set to 28. Did not tweak the other settings.

Do not buy the low rpm turbo, I bought this the first time, was always 8seconds behind the lead car. I ended up overtaking the lead car in the last lap.

Ah, cant wait to get home and do these new challenges! Is it wrong I take a NASCAR to the ring all the time already? I take every damn car to the ring. Did I mention I love the ring.

Merry Xmas Bitches.

Rivers

Banned
Hi ya'll I've been lurking in the gt5 threads & GAF in general for a while now.

just thought I share some of my videos that I did today in this thread :D

Its mostly Online Battles with an occasional event/A spec enjoy :D

Autumn Ring Mini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLXFqAGgH3w

Deep Forest Raceway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6c1AxVSIQ4

London
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAgQJww9O_8

Tokyo R246
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFrKoQW8QI

Suzuka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtxetmUF5Yk

GTR Seasonal Event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ZRlMu3IIM

you can find more videos in my channel

Less than a second off bronze on the Monza portion of the Vettel challenge. And this is supposed to be the easiest track, with the Suzuka being the hardest, I dont know if I can do this on a pad.

expy

Banned
theignoramus said:
Less than a second off bronze on the Monza portion of the Vettel challenge. And this is supposed to be the easiest track, with the Suzuka being the hardest, I dont know if I can do this on a pad.
Are you cheating on the chicanes? You can save up sooo much time there!

offshore

Merry Christmas to all.

I just bought the Formula GT as my Xmas present. And I feel a little guilty as I just breezed Like The Wind. But at least I have the Minolta now :D

TTG

Rivers said:
you can find more videos in my channel

I only watched the seasonal GTR event, great driving! Shows the difference between the first and second bonus events too, second ones are a bit more of a challenge.

Rivers

Banned
TTG said:
I only watched the seasonal GTR event, great driving! Shows the difference between the first and second bonus events too, second ones are a bit more of a challenge.

Yea I'm having one hell of a hard time the tsukaba and the madrid one. :(

TTG said:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/tiger61378showroomd/ShowroomGilletVertigo.jpg

So, this thing appeared in the online used car lot. Anyone try it? Not an outrageous price(below 2 mil I think) near 900hp and 780kg. I wonder if the hp can be bumped up into 1000+ category.

It should be painted black to start the BATMAN RACING TEAM!!

cilonen

Finally bought a Formula GT and thought it was going to be all sunshine & rainbows, but man does this thing suck; supremely twitchy and understeers right off the track 90% of the time. I can handle twitchy & oversteering, but twitchy & understeering is the worst possible combination.

darkwing

cilonen said:
Finally bought a Formula GT and thought it was going to be all sunshine & rainbows, but man does this thing suck; supremely twitchy and understeers right off the track 90% of the time. I can handle twitchy & oversteering, but twitchy & understeering is the worst possible combination.

just watch your gas

cilonen

darkwing said:
just watch your gas

Yeah, I think I need to play with the rear camber / anti roll a bit too; I'm sure you can get it to handle eventually :D

I just found it odd having trouble straight 'out of the box' even with pedals; the Group C / LMP cars have all been a bit better for me on default settings.

-viper-

Banned
I just unlocked the endurance races.

And it sees like I must level up to level 25 for my B-Spec driver as well. WTF? It's near impossible to level up the B-Spec driver. He's been sitting at level 21 for almost a week now.

How long will Grand Valley 300km take me with a Le Mans car?

Goldrusher

-viper- said:
I just unlocked the endurance races.

And it sees like I must level up to level 25 for my B-Spec driver as well. WTF? It's near impossible to level up the B-Spec driver. He's been sitting at level 21 for almost a week now.

How long will Grand Valley 300km take me with a Le Mans car?
Grand Valley 300: 2 hours
Laguna Seca 200: 2 hours
Indianapolis 500: 2.5 hours
Suzuka 1000: 6 hours to 7 hours (variable weather)

Some more details: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140723

-viper-

Banned
The 2 hour endurance races seem doable though I tend to get bored very quickly after 10 laps on the same track!

The 3 hour + races seem like hell.

edit: You can't even use the F10 in A-Spec. Yet the X2010 is allowed. Too bad - I can't control the latter.

i've stopped playing the gt mode because of those endurance races. i did the grand valley one but until there is a mid race save option added i'm arcade mode exclusive.

but it does need a fourth ai setting though because pro is too slow - they need to bring the ai/car slider back.

offshore

Ugh...why can't all your garage cars just show up in Arcade mode? Why do I have to "favourite" them? Shit is annoying.

And there's a 100 favourite limit?
11gtusn.jpg

Who the fuck is making these kind of desicions? They need firing instantly.

TheSeks

Yeah, arcade and online the garage selection choices are pretty terrible. You can restrict a race to go karts only and the game won't give people that don't own a kart the selection. And if you do it has to be a favorite to select it. WTF.

Top Bottom