• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I bronzed one of the the X1 challenges and I levelled up from 22 to 25 in Aspec. Anyone trying it on a fucking DS3 might want something soft and unbreakable to throw across the room on the odd fail/disqualification.

Goldrusher

pyPNa.jpg

2g8Hz.jpg

5CoEO.jpg

Victory!

Is there any way to get a list of cars you actually need for the specialty races? I'm stuck on the Beginner Circuit because I can't find the required cars new or otherwise. It's extremely frustrating.

There's an iOS app called GT5 Friend. It lists all the cars and all the events and you can (manually) select which cars you have. It's unpolished, but it's pretty called.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Damn. Any tips for the RX-7 event? I can't break out of 1'01, and I see people talking about pulling 59s laps pretty easy using the '02 FD.
I gave in and enabled SRF, gold no problem. Night and day man. These were te first events where I felt I had no no choice but to.

Happy Holidays GT GAF, where is my Christmas car!!

Lagspike_exe said:
There's an iOS app called GT5 Friend. It lists all the cars and all the events and you can (manually) select which cars you have. It's unpolished, but it's pretty called.

Did you mean GT5 Companion? If so, it just seems to list trophies and cars.

My brother just did the most epic chase in online match ever... and failed it by spinning. 3 laps on the Ring, he was the only one to change tyres on lap 3. 29 seconds behind number 1 when lap 3 started, he was only 1 second away midway through the lap. When he tried to overtake on the turn before the long straightaway, he spinned out and lost like 10 seconds.

Still, because others had crappy tyres he managed to almost get to first place in the last turn, lost with 0.8 seconds. Race was super tight between places 1-5 but what was remarkable was how important it is to change tyres in long races!

user friendly said:
I gave in and enabled SRF, gold no problem. Night and day man. These were te first events where I felt I had no no choice but to.

Happy Holidays GT GAF, where is my Christmas car!!

Yeah, I enable SRF on all of these tough challenges, but I my car's setup or my driving style isn't causing the car to get loose enough in the corners for the SRF grip bonus to kick in. Oh well.

Just did the NASCAR challenge. Ran it pretty sloppy, but I was still fast enough to pass P. Manning before the main straight :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dubbedinenglish said:
Got my 1000 ticket :)
1979 civic 3 door
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I noticed that most people in this thread got shitty cars for their 1000 miles/100 win tickets,I guess I am super lucky for having Lexus petronas on that ticket then :/

Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, I enable SRF on all of these tough challenges, but I my car's setup or my driving style isn't causing the car to get loose enough in the corners for the SRF grip bonus to kick in. Oh well.

Just did the NASCAR challenge. Ran it pretty sloppy, but I was still fast enough to pass P. Manning before the main straight :lol
I used this tune and tweaked the rear spring rate higher. Took a few tries.

-viper-

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:

Get an aero wing and put the downforce on max. Also, get a close gearing transmission. It helped me win relatively easily.

Anyone else trying to download the patch today and having difficulties? I got some PSN content at about a meg a second, but the GT5 update just keeps increasing in time without ever moving a percent.

bud

goldrusher, i used your settings for the crz '10 and i can't get past third place. what the hell.

what is your total time for that race?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Totobeni said:
I noticed that most people in this thread got shitty cars for their 1000 miles/100 win tickets,I guess I am super lucky for having Lexus petronas on that ticket then :/
I got an Enzo Ferrari 02

LOLZ

DeadGzuz

Banned
I got the Ferrari 430 Scuderia ‘07 for my random level 12 car ticket. I think that is good, better than a skyline :)

I finally discovered skid recovery, wow made a huge difference on the seasonal races. The original Mazda one I could never get out of 12th, I made 6th on my first try with SR.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And Ticket 1000 is...

GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 Alfa Romeo. :/

Animator

What is a good car to beat the gt world cup with? I have a 700hp 458 Italia but Having trouble catching up to the fucking zonda.

offshore

Have we ever got an explanation as to why Manufacturer Events have gone AWOL?

Game seems really hollow now that I've nearly done most of A-Spec.

Truespeed

devildog820 said:
Anyone else trying to download the patch today and having difficulties? I got some PSN content at about a meg a second, but the GT5 update just keeps increasing in time without ever moving a percent.

Is this a new patch or the 1.05 patch?

kai3345

Banned
Got my dad this for christmas, he's been runnning through A-Spec but he says the game is too easy. He's been doing races based on his current level and everything.

Is there some sort of difficulty slider that he can adjust somewhere?

kai3345 said:
Got my dad this for christmas, he's been runnning through A-Spec but he says the game is too easy. He's been doing races based on his current level and everything.

Turn off Skid Recovery and all other aids.

Animator

kai3345 said:

Have him do the RX-7 seasonal event with all assists off and check back with us again in an hour after you buy your dad a new controller.

kai3345 said:

Just let him keep playing..... It gets harder but it depends if you go for gold on the licenses. Some of the later cups are hard and these new events are quite the challenge. Make sure he has SRF off for the most part. Unless he goes for gold on the licenses it won't be a couple more days until he see's the difficulty increase naturally.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
kai3345 said:

Make sure the aids are off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shaneus said:
Prizes in this game are officially shit. Win Lupo Cup B-Spec, win Lupo. Win Lupo Cup A-Spec, win Lupo.

Really?!?

At least the Lupo is better than the Japanese truck. :p

JM: You mind if I take the "F1 Ram" off your hands for a moment? A friend needs one for the races.

Top Bottom