• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
offshore said:
Yeah, Gold the Samba bus challenge. It's pretty easy.

I think you spelled "evil" wrong... :lol

Rapping Granny said:
Who wants to set up some online matches?

I am still looking for my first decent race without any bulshit.

I want to get into online, but I'm worried I'm not good enough. And that I don't have enough cars in the garage.

-viper-

Banned
Jeez.

The X1 doesn't belong in Gran Turismo.

It belongs in Wipeout Fury!

Putting your foot down it is like activating hyper space speed :p

Goldrusher

AdvanS13 said:
settings? ive tried so many combos, this will be my christmas present to gold it ha.
Here's what I had:

(gt auto) rear wing: 17
exhaust: catalytic converter sports
custom transmission: 200 kph
clutch twin-plate, flywheel semi-racing

No other tuning.
Focus on careful braking and clean driving to avoid understeer in the many roundabout-like turns.

h3ro

Just bronzed the Nascar event, have a holiday family thing to go to so I'll have to try to gold it later.

Wow. Never thought lugging that elephant around the 'Ring was going to be so awesome, what a fantastic event. That race is proof that everything is better with a little Nurburgring thrown into it. What a rush. :D

Also, gold on all Seasonals for Part I. I hate that Fiat race.

Woooo!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
And that I don't have enough cars in the garage.

"Unrestricted/Open" Garage solves that issue. You/host can set a HP restriction and anyone can pick a car within that restriction from an open selection of cars.

Just note: If you're racing karts online or your own cars, they need to be favorites. It's fucking stupid.

Also I'm 3 million of the 4 million required for the Formula GT. Nearly there.

TTG

TheSeks said:

It's more like 5. :lol I think you can get away with not doing the engine/chassis rebuilds so it won't spill over into nearly 6.

TTG

What car does everyone use to grind indi in B-spec? Is the minolta good enoug or am I just gonna run the formula gt car into the ground here?

M.Bluth

Anyone knows what are the stats for a maxed out Gillet Vertigo?

I wanna know if it's a good investment to win GT All Stars and Like the Wind

Goldrusher

TheSeks said:
If you can wait until the 31st, I'll send you an FGT... if you send me the Petronas Lexus SC430... which is less than 1 million.

TheSeks

Goldrusher said:
If you can wait until the 31st, I'll send you an FGT... if you send me the Petronas Lexus SC430... which is less than 1 million.

How much is the Petronas Lexus? Oh, I'm stupid. You said how much. It's in the dealership or used car lot?

Oh lord. More grinding in Indy then. :(

f0rk

Got this today, really enjoying it. Don't know a lot about cars, but bought a used Mitsubishi FTO 94 because it looked OK, and now have 200k at level 9. What should I be looking to spend it on for the first lot of A spec races?

TheSeks

Goldrusher said:
950K... saves you 4 million.
Dealership. Lexus.

I can get you one on the 31st then. Saves me some time and sanity. Just remind me to send it and buy it when you send the Formula GT gift card.

TheSeks

f0rk said:
Got this today, really enjoying it. Don't know a lot about cars, but bought a used Mitsubishi FTO 94 because it looked OK, and now have 200k at level 9. What should I be looking to spend it on for the first lot of A spec races?

You'll need a mini, and you'll want to do the Seasonal events for quick cash and mucho experince. You just need to place anywhere in the race to get some EXP and money, so don't worry if you're racing stock.

Edit: Whoops, I should've edited again. :/

offshore

f0rk said:
If you can just grind a bit more until level 11 and get 350,000, then get the Toyota Celica GT Four Rally '95 car and you can't go wrong. I used it for a load of A Spec races and the rally challenges.

It handles amazingly well, even when tuned up.

TTG said:
What car does everyone use to grind indi in B-spec? Is the minolta good enoug or am I just gonna run the formula gt car into the ground here?

Once you get the FGT there's no reason not to use it. The Minolta will win most races for you, but the FGT will just wipe the floor with them. Total peace of mind when you leave B-spec Bob to his own for a 5 hour enduro.

M.Bluth said:
Anyone knows what are the stats for a maxed out Gillet Vertigo?

I wanna know if it's a good investment to win GT All Stars and Like the Wind

Not sure about a maxed Vertigo, but when I did the Like the Wind races the Vertigo was always at the back of the pack, and by a considerable amount.

f0rk said:

A Chevy Corvette Z06 ('06) would be a good investment. About $90,000 and good for any early races that don't require something special. When the tougher races come you can RM it for an even more extreme beast. But you'll also need a bunch of one-timers for the early races, a 70's Japanese car, early American muscle car, a Lightweight K car, etc.

I really recommend doing the licence tests, you'll get a lot of cars you'll need later in A-Spec... oh and do the special events and seasonal event ASAP too

TTG

Spectral Glider said:
This Mustang seasonal event is ticking me off. Best I can do is 3rd so far. The Challenger one was much easier for some reason.

I would brake early going into the first double apex corner, then barely any brake on the third corner, lot's of speed coming out of there. And finally, keep as much speed as possible through that left corner before the corcscrew, just slide it through.

That was probably the car that was most fun to drive in the second round of seasonal stuff. You can really throw it around well, the slightest hint of oversteer on corner exit that just pushes you perfectly to the curbs. Never snaps back to bite you, good turn in for a car like that. You know a car is set up well when you can actually step on the gas on that long down hill left after the corcscrew instead of just trying to not wash wide. Mini was also good, but mostly because that circuit was all about the driving line and that's fun.

TTG said:
I would brake early going into the first double apex corner, then barely any brake on the third corner, lot's of speed coming out of there. And finally, keep as much speed as possible through that left corner before the corcscrew, just slide it through.

That was probably the car that was most fun to drive in the second round of seasonal stuff. You can really throw it around well, the slightest hint of oversteer on corner exit that just pushes you perfectly to the curbs. Never snaps back to bite you, good turn in for a car like that. You know a car is set up well when you can actually step on the gas on that long down hill left after the corcscrew instead of just trying to not wash wide. Mini was also good, but mostly because that circuit was all about the driving line and that's fun.

Well, I just got up to 2nd...but still 3.9 seconds out of first. I've been trying to blow through that turn before the corkscrew without breaking, but I can't seem to in this car for some reason. I love Laguna Seca, played the heck out of in GT4, so I do enjoy the track. I'll keep at it.

Shaneus

This will be interesting... the Minolta Toyota with soft racing tyres and the high-RPM turbo installed, on the Indy Like the Wind challenge :lol

Edit: With the longest gears (I'll dial those back though, never gets close to 400kph) and max downforce you never need to let go of the accelerator! Epic.

Goldrusher

8 museum cards, 8 paint items

For sure they have implemented some sort of combo system ? If you log in every day, it keeps going up ?

Goldrusher said:
8 museum cards, 8 paint items

For sure they have implemented some sort of combo system ? If you log in every day, it keeps going up ?

It was 10 for me yesterday, and 10 today. Guess that's the limit :/

I was expecting something else after it hit 10.

You guys who Gold everything are cheaters and freaks of nature. I hate you all.

Fuck y'all.

I'm happy with my many Silvers, a few Golds, and some Bronze.

h3ro

Shaneus said:
This will be interesting... the Minolta Toyota with soft racing tyres and the high-RPM turbo installed, on the Indy Like the Wind challenge :lol

Edit: With the longest gears (I'll dial those back though, never gets close to 400kph) and max downforce you never need to let go of the accelerator! Epic.
What kind of laptimes does it do at Indy?

For reference, I was getting steady 39.00s with the FGT. Is it quicker?

MMaRsu

criesofthepast said:
You guys who Gold everything are cheaters and freaks of nature. I hate you all.

Fuck y'all.

I'm happy with my many Silvers, a few Golds, and some Bronze.

I try to get gold on all events, at least silvers.. I won't settle for bronze.

seeds19

Banned
I received a gift for Xmas.
autodromonazionale.jpg

That car is a beast, drive it properly seems imposibble with dualshock 3.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
seeds19 said:
I received a gift for Xmas.
http://www.trasteando.es/subemela/images/autodromonazionale.jpg

That car is a beast, drive it properly seems imposibble with dualshock 3.[/QUOTE]

asddssafdgsfasfdw

im lvl 23½

this is gonna take aeons

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I have to share this: Audi R8 V10 + All Mods = 900HP 1300kilo beast! Smokes everything under the sun and is the best handling thing in the game thus far. Absolutely epic car.

X-Frame

AlphaSnake said:
I have to share this: Audi R8 V10 + All Mods = 900HP 1300kilo beast! Smokes everything under the sun and is the best handling thing in the game thus far. Absolutely epic car.

I'm going to have to do this next.

I just recently took my GT-R V-Spec that I won the Bonus Event with and maximized all the power upgrades and that thing is a monster as well. I also have the V10 R8 but it's kept stock so far.

I wonder which one I'll like better ..

Shaneus

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah, until you realise that you'll win one in an A-spec event :p
:lol

That's alright... I'll just gift one to my brother and it can be an extra part of his Christmas present (I gave him GT5) :lol

TheSeks said:
I can get you one on the 31st then. Saves me some time and sanity. Just remind me to send it and buy it when you send the Formula GT gift card.

Are you logged in now? I'll send you one for free. Pick a color, I got three :D

Damn you Christmas spirit

Top Bottom