• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

h3ro

TheSeks said:
Waste five+ hours on a controller for shitty license tests versus waste an hour doing the A/B-spec truck tests.

Yeah...

nope.avi.mp3.png.dll.exe

What's your PSN ID?

DMeisterJ

Banned
UFRA said:
Geez, don't give him such impossible tasks. :p

:lol

I spent like 60k getting it from 80hp up to 102 hp, he better damn well be keeping a lead over the other drivers! Costs me more to have him drive than I win in the races.

canadian crowe said:
Just picked this up. I've never dove into a GT game before so I'm sure I'm in for a rough ride, but I'm excited none the less.

Hopefully you got a wheel. After buying my DFGT it brought the game from great into my personal GOTY.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Waste five+ hours on a controller for shitty license tests versus waste an hour doing the A/B-spec truck tests.

Yeah...

nope.avi.mp3.png.dll.exe

Maybe you should get online, you might have a truck waiting for you for all you know...

IA-10 can burn in frigging hell. After a bajillion tries, I'm finally going around the last turn in fifth place (first time I even managed above eighth) and a goddamn AI spins me out. Half the time I don't even make it to the second lap because I'll give somebody the gentlest of love taps or an AI will just slam on the breaks in front of me in a turn or somebody bumps into me or AAARRRRGHHHGWAIRGWG#QM(B_OJGWRQI#MGARWG

CozMick

Banned
petethepanda said:
IA-10 can burn in frigging hell. After a bajillion tries, I'm finally going around the last turn in fifth place (first time I even managed above eighth) and a goddamn AI spins me out. Half the time I don't even make it to the second lap because I'll give somebody the gentlest of love taps or an AI will just slam on the breaks in front of me in a turn or somebody bumps into me or AAARRRRGHHHGWAIRGWG#QM(B_OJGWRQI#MGARWG

*Gets Bronze, moves on* :lol

UFRA

DMeisterJ said:

I spent like 60k getting it from 80hp up to 102 hp, he better damn well be keeping a lead over the other drivers! Costs me more to have him drive than I win in the races.

:lol Yeah B-Spec in the early stages is a stressful uphill battle. Spend 60,000, win 7,000. YAY!

h3ro said:
Damn you for out generositizing me.

:lol Sorry, when I saw his post on the previous page the wheels were in motion, I didn't mean to cut you off.

h3ro

UFRA said:
:lol Sorry, when I saw his post on the previous page the wheels were in motion, I didn't mean to cut you off.

All good man. We gotta help each other out. :D

Anyway, if anyone needs a truck, holler via PM.

NeoUltima

Hmm did the patch make cosmetic damage occur quicker? Maybe I am just being paranoid, but it feels like I only barely bumped my GTR around and its dented quicker than usual(even the damn fin on the back is bent).

Also, this GT-All Stars series is still impossible with this fully upgraded GTRvspec. First race, I was in the lead for 4 laps. Last lap two cars just zoomed ahead of me out of nowhere. It wasn't anything I did, my time for my final lap was the same as my others. And these cars finished 5 seconds ahead of me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
Maybe you should get online, you might have a truck waiting for you for all you know...

SHEEEEEYAT, man. "F1 car," your goddamn right. Last place is +28.514 on Daytona. B-Spec better not fuck up with this truck. :lol

Rflagg

ElyrionX said:
Thanks for that but what I'm wondering is whether anyone else has the same issues as I? Is it my poor driving style or my lack of skill that causes me to suck with FR cars?
Don't worry it takes a bit to get used to a fr with a lot of power. Hero had some nice tips. Other then that really it is mostly practice, lsd settings can help too gt planet has some nice tips for general setups.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anyone know how to add slideshow music to menu music?

As a classical music enthusiast, I gotta say the selection is pretty neat for a video game, tho no Mahler, no concertos, only some piano rearrangements, nice to see they include the Liszt's piano version of Paganini's work, also the 2nd mvt of Dvorak's Symphony 9 :D

legend166

Are there things that can only be unlocked through getting gold in the licences? Because there's a few where I can honestly say I will never, ever, get gold. No matter how good I get.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jonsoncao said:

As a classical music enthusiast, I gotta say the selection is pretty neat for a video game, tho no Mahler, no concertos, only some piano rearrangements, nice to see they include the Liszt's piano version of Paganini's work, also the 2nd mvt of Dvorak's Symphony 9 :D
Just hit triangle on any music track IIRC.

expy

Banned
petethepanda said:
I'm saying I can't even stumble through to bronze I want to die
I don't remember that one being that challenging, it took a few tries to get gold, but bronzing it should be simple, the car handled pretty great from what I remember.

TheSeks

Man, Daytona B-Spec with that truck was EPIC. Cars slamming into UFRA's truck from behind (sorry!) and UFRA's truck having to claw through a five lane mess to get to first and then I'm all "SPEED UP! SPEED UP! PACE UP! PACE UP! KEEP YOUR FOOT GLUED TO THE FLOOR GODDAMN YOU A. KNIGHT!" during the last few laps. :lol

EPIC.

Edit: Wow, they give you the same car and color for A AND B-Spec winning the truck event. WTF, Polyphony?

TTG

Ok, I'm here to whine about the Formula Gran Turismo. Does anyone have one? I hate the used car lot and I have better things to buy, so I'm asking gaf for help:

1. I'll trade you, take whatever you want :lol Admittedly, if you have one of these, there isn't anything you want at this point, but what the hell I'll give it a try. You can a lime green nascar or a p4 ferrari(that cannot be sold) is-f racing thingy, shelby.. you know, stuff like that. Shit, I'll buy you whatever you want as long as it's under like 3 mil.

2. Someone let me borrow one. I'll only be using it for the one race anyway. :/

brentech

edit: quoted wrong post =(
fixed
Jonsoncao said:

As a classical music enthusiast, I gotta say the selection is pretty neat for a video game, tho no Mahler, no concertos, only some piano rearrangements, nice to see they include the Liszt's piano version of Paganini's work, also the 2nd mvt of Dvorak's Symphony 9
As stated above, you can go into the track listing, hit TRIANGLE and then highlight menu, then turn the option to on.

You'll have to do it to every track you want though, so it can take some time.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
anyone remember where to win the car to enter muscle car championship on amateur? its the only race i have to gold there to get all gold on beginner and amateur :lol

TTG

petethepanda said:
I'm saying I can't even stumble through to bronze I want to die

Is that the one where an Enzo is sitting at first place? As far as I remember, I got silver and was somewhat close to gold. But I got scurred and coasted. Some of these you just can't stumble through. On the plus side, you will know the track inside and out after you're done. That's the one thing license tests do, you learn the tracks. :lol

nib95

Banned
Fuck man....I'm actually thinking I might just re-start the game. Damn shitty dead PS3 and locked out game save....WHY?!!! Lol..

Might just exploit the shit out of the Birthday trick just to speed the process. But what a painful thought. Put so many hours in to it. Level 20+ A-Spec and Level 17 B-Spec....

FML.

EDIT: Shit I can't even do that lol, the game is still stuck in my dead PS3's drive! Arghhh!

Just finished a 6 hour a-spec b-spec session.

Level 22 with me, and level 16 with b spec buddy Van Damme.

Since i did licenses and all the special events i could first, feels like i´m stuck. Three days and counting at level 22. Those amateur and begginer races give almost no XP.

I miss the Special Events :(

I put a lot of time into b-spec. Not because i like it, but because i just want to get that done asap so i can enjoy the game properly after everything is done.

But still, i think i´ll wait GT anywhere to do the b-spec endurances.

TheSeks

The 'ring scares the hell out of me. At times I couldn't see the driving line. :lol

TheSeks said:
The 'ring scares the hell out of me. At times I couldn't see the driving line. :lol

Pfft, Amateur :D

Driving lines make everything worst really, I only use them for the randomly generated Rally courses, for obvious reasons.

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
Pfft, Amateur :D

Driving lines make everything worst really, I only use them for the randomly generated Rally courses, for obvious reasons.

I couldn't see the road at times either. Dips and sudden turns at 100 or so. Crazy.

dwebo

Finally remembered to take a snapshot of some wonky AI during a formula event on the Nurburgring GP track. Every single lap, multiple AI would spin out after the last chicane, usually in tandem, without any provocation from me or other racers. Ended up being the easiest race in the championship :lol

LCfiner

TheSeks said:
Have you started the AMG advanced special event?

They disable the good old driving line. Oh, and it's raining.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I looked on the OP and also the Wiki for the game and didn't see something I was looking for an answer to. I heard Gran Turismo 5 has a required update to the PS3 firmware..... is this correct?

Trojita said:
I looked on the OP and also the Wiki for the game and didn't see something I was looking for an answer to. I heard Gran Turismo 5 has a required update to the PS3 firmware..... is this correct?

Yes. 3.50.

TheSeks

LCfiner said:

I attempted it, but never got the bronze. I went "yeah, fuck that, who is going to race on the ring?" Now I know. :lol

It never fails, any time the 'ring comes up in a racing game it makes me a nervous wreck. Wither it's GT or Forza.

OMG the GT S '08 Maserati is purrrty.

Mobius 1

X-Frame said:
So there is still no official patch release notes for 1.03?

People are still guessing? That's .. cool.
From my personal observations:

Damage on online racing turns it into a fantastic experience.

Cosmetic damage looks more dynamic or at least varied.

Shadows mildly improved in some cases (when there is no AI in the track, closer to the camera on replays).

Gravel driving physics seem improved.

The color you choose for MyHome will also be reflected on your online Lounge.

expy said:
I don't remember that one being that challenging, it took a few tries to get gold, but bronzing it should be simple, the car handled pretty great from what I remember.
I just have the most insanely bad luck. 9 times out of 10 I get disqualified because of an AI driver hitting me and sending me off track or into another driver. I'm about ready to kill somebody.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
SHEEEEEYAT, man. "F1 car," your goddamn right. Last place is +28.514 on Daytona. B-Spec better not fuck up with this truck. :lol

TheSeks said:
Man, Daytona B-Spec with that truck was EPIC. Cars slamming into UFRA's truck from behind (sorry!) and UFRA's truck having to claw through a five lane mess to get to first and then I'm all "SPEED UP! SPEED UP! PACE UP! PACE UP! KEEP YOUR FOOT GLUED TO THE FLOOR GODDAMN YOU A. KNIGHT!" during the last few laps. :lol

EPIC.

Edit: Wow, they give you the same car and color for A AND B-Spec winning the truck event. WTF, Polyphony?

:lol :lol Glad it worked out for you.

I didn't realize it til I got it back but I still had it tuned specifically for Daytona. I had to adjust the transmission to top out at 174MPH with that puppy or else B-Spec couldn't handle it. Luckily I see it still worked out for you with the other races.

Yeah, that was definitely no ordinary Dodge Ram I gave you. I just looked through the tuning shop with it and totaled up at $104,000 worth of upgrades in it. :lol Dodge Ram F1 Edition

UFRA

LCfiner said:

Pfft, that was the only AMG event where I actually DID get all golds on it. :lol

I still have 2 silvers (sector 4 and full lap) for AMG beginner, and 1 silver (full lap) for AMG intermediate that I need to take care of.

Surprisingly, Advanced went really smoothly for me. Maybe it was because they give a little more flexible target times in the wet.....or maybe.....I was just destined to win that beautiful SLS AMG and the equally awesome C 63 AMG. :D

darkwing

hmm i just noticed the Used Car shop updates slowly like 4 at a time, i just noticed this after doing a race, there were like 4 new cars, then after another race another 4 etc... but im guessing the race length also affects this?

expy

Banned
lulz0mqg.jpg

LCfiner

UFRA said:
Pfft, that was the only AMG event where I actually DID get all golds on it. :lol

I still have 2 silvers (sector 4 and full lap) for AMG beginner, and 1 silver (full lap) for AMG intermediate that I need to take care of.

Surprisingly, Advanced went really smoothly for me. Maybe it was because they give a little more flexible target times in the wet.....or maybe.....I was just destined to win that beautiful SLS AMG and the equally awesome C 63 AMG. :D
The intermediate is the only one I have all silvers on. The beginner one had a car that felt too wobbly and I get nervous about going too fast in the rain on advanced.

@ darkwing, event length doesn't matter. You can do a 5 second license test and 4 new cars will appear

Top Bottom