• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

darkwing

LCfiner said:
@ darkwing, event length doesn't matter. You can do a 5 second license test and 4 new cars will appear

ahhh nice and on that note, the A86 trueno s. shigeno edition just popped in to say hi :D

btw do you need to have someone to be a PSN friend to gift a car?

jambo

expy said:
:lol
lulz0mqg.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

Tarazet

darkwing said:
do you have to be a PSN friend to gift a car?
anyone?

Yes you do.

PS - I just finished abusing the birthday exploit to get a Jaguar XJ13. Will report on whether I can finally finish up the Historic Racing Car Cup.

Mush

Tarazet said:
PS - I just finished abusing the birthday exploit to get a Jaguar XJ13. Will report on whether I can finally finish up the Historic Racing Car Cup.
Can you sell the car? What's it's resell value?

UFRA

gutterboy44 said:
Ticket 1000...... Mini Cooper. Fuck this game.

Just be happy you got a ticket 1000!!

What were your stats (wins and total mileage driven) when you got the ticket?

Tarazet

Mush said:
Bugger. Then how is everyone getting their money from the exploit? They're just doing it for the cars?

As far as I know. I've gotten a Mark IV Race Car and this XJ13, and neither of them could be sold once you've gifted them to your main account.

Mush

beast786 said:
Where is my car? ;_;
You can have the METALLIC PINK Mitsubishi Colt I found today.

(Seriously, what are you after? Name something and I'll look into it for you.)

UFRA said:
Just be happy you got a ticket 1000!!

What were your stats (wins and total mileage driven) when you got the ticket?

" You have won the same race over 100 times or driven 2000km."

Pretty sure it is the latter.

Tarazet

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh man. The XJ13 is a peach. The birthday exploit is annoying but it's worth anything to drive this car. The Toyota 7 didn't even get an attempt to overtake.

UFRA

Red Blaster said:
Damn, I thought the 1000 ticket would at least be a premium.

I got the Woodone GT-R with mine

Wow....I just spent all day saving up 950,000 to buy that car.

dronde

Neo Member
how did u do that?

What did u put as your birthday
Tarazet said:
Yes you do.

Tarazet

Finished Deep Forest and Cote d'Azur in the XJ13. It may be possible to fend off the Chaparrals in a Countach or an RM classic or what have you, but that's just fucking around with the AI; the difference in speed in the cars is pretty staggering. I hit several 1:32's in the XJ13 at Cote d'Azur/Monaco; the best I did in the fully tuned Countach was around 1:39. That's 35 seconds over the course of the race.

Even in the XJ13, though, if you can't pass that Chaparral in the first couple of corners, you might as well restart.

Tarazet said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh man. The XJ13 is a peach. The birthday exploit is annoying but it's worth anything to drive this car. The Toyota 7 didn't even get an attempt to overtake.
I got it via the Facebook-method. Best handling thus far.

Mush

Patrick Bateman said:
I got it via the Facebook-method. Best handling thus far.
I got it via the beast786 method.

SolidSnakex said:
I got a fricken Jeff Gordon NASCAR for my 100 race ticket. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already have a Joey Logano NASCAR. I don't need another one. :/
At least it isn't another Camry? :p

I got a fricken Jeff Gordon NASCAR for my 100 race ticket. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already have a Joey Logano NASCAR. I don't need another one. :/

Juicy Bob

So, I really want to race-modify my Elise but I already love it so much the way it is now. I think I'm starting to understand why Ash could never bring himself to evolve Pikachu.

TTG

Someone trade/loan me a gran turismo f1 car. I'll get you whatever you want dammit :lol There's even a Escudo in my used dealer right now, I know someone wants that...

Dementia

So I finally beat the dream car championship and the prize car was the Ford GT LM Spec II race car. Nice! I had been wanting to try out that car. But wait, it's a standard? I went to check out the new dealership and there is a nearly identical Ford GT LM Spec II Test car. What the fuck PD... why not just give us that one as the reward for the final A-spec event? As if there aren't already enough absurdly overpriced cars in the game that we have to grind are asses off in order to drive... :mad:

Ugh.

Well, at least the extended credits sequence was awesome.

Tarazet

The Jaguar XJ13 is just as fast as my Bugatti Veyron around the High Speed Ring.. and it has half the power. Uncanny. The thing just has so much grip.

Dead Man

Dementia said:
So I finally beat the dream car championship and the prize car was the Ford GT LM Spec II race car. Nice! I had been wanting to try out that car. But wait, it's a standard? I went to check out the new dealership and there is a nearly identical Ford GT LM Spec II Test car. What the fuck PD... why not just give us that one as the reward for the final A-spec event? As if there aren't already enough absurdly overpriced cars in the game that we have to grind are asses off in order to drive... :mad:

Ugh.

Well, at least the extended credits sequence was awesome.
Kind of like the standard Aston Martin DB9 2003 and the identical Aston Martin DB9 2006. One premium, one standard.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
fuck me. My B-spec driver FINALLY won the American indy race. Had to push him all the way, but with a bit extra camber and a bit of stretching the transmission he managed to pull away from the competition. (there is also the small point of me previously racing on sports hards when the limit was racing hards, so I was crippling myself.

Still don't think it'll be nearly enough for like the wind. That has a sports hard limit on tyres and the cars are stronger.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Juicy Bob said:
So, I really want to race-modify my Elise but I already love it so much the way it is now. I think I'm starting to understand why Ash could never bring himself to evolve Pikachu.

if you can afford to RM it, you can afford to buy another one to keep standard either now or shortly

Top Bottom