• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Facism

for fuck's sake, quitting out of a 4OD video caused my HDD to catastrophically shit itself. Rebuilding database atm, res is reset, guessing all my saves are gone :<

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Facism said:
for fuck's sake, quitting out of a 4OD video caused my HDD to catastrophically shit itself. Rebuilding database atm, res is reset, guessing all my saves are gone :<
Nah, I dont think they'll be gone. Ive had that happen before.

Facism said:
You should be fine as long as you don't restore system to default you shouldn't lose a thing.

Facism

YESSSSSSS.

Good times! Everything is ok. Balls got sucked up into my body and my dick shrivelled with dread as i haven't backed up in some time.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
nascar challenge golded!

1.5m , 3.5 left to go for a F1 car for like the wind and GTallstars!

Screw the corvette.

X-Frame

So my brother just got a DFGT Wheel for Xmas and he likes it except he says the force-feedback has a mind of it's own.

I tried it and it'll move back and forth on it's own - is that supposed to happen and is there any way for him to turn it off?

1000 ticket rewarded. Received..... Camaro LM Race Car.

I have no clue what race I could even benefit from having that car. It sure isn't good looking but I am certainly glad I didn't get a civic or something like that :D

X-Frame said:
So my brother just got a DFGT Wheel for Xmas and he likes it except he says the force-feedback has a mind of it's own.

I tried it and it'll move back and forth on it's own - is that supposed to happen and is there any way for him to turn it off?
That's the whole point of FF. You're supposed to fight it.

Man- I know B-Spec is an important part of the game- but it kind of kills the whole thrill for me. Wishing I could get a Formula GT gifted to me so I could just get the mode over it and beat it with ease. Anyone in the Christmas spirit???:lol

brentech

atomiswave said:
Man- I know B-Spec is an important part of the game- but it kind of kills the whole thrill for me. Wishing I could get a Formula GT gifted to me so I could just get the mode over it and beat it with ease. Anyone in the Christmas spirit???:lol
Not sure how far in you are, but other than the top row and maybe some on the bottom, you usually need the car to be made from a certain country, if not a certain type of car.
Not to say there isn't quite a few races you can just overpower with ease.

user friendly said:

Wasn't there at least one other guy asking this in this thread (or the last actually)?

I swear it's that stupid Wii Wheel's fault. :lol

SolidusDave said:
Wasn't there at least one other guy asking this in this thread (or the last actually)?

I swear it's that stupid Wii Wheel's fault. :lol

or possibly the kinect air wheel's fault :D
xbox-kinect-forza-motorsport.jpg

X-Frame

user friendly said:

I completely agree and I personally liked it but he doesn't seem to .. though I still told him he needs to get used to it and learn to control it.

darkwing

X-Frame said:
I completely agree and I personally liked it but he doesn't seem to .. though I still told him he needs to get used to it and learn to control it.

what's the point of a wheel without FF :lol just tell him to set the FF to 1, turn on Power Steering, Active Steering = On :D

Shaneus

atomiswave said:
Not wanting to sound like a tightarse, but the Minolta is kicking all kinds of arse for me. Google how to get to it, otherwise just save up to buy a Corvette ZR1, RM it, B-Spec win the GT Cup to get the Zonda, use the Zonda in the somethingsomething race (can't remember the exact one) to get the Minolta Toyota. Once you have that, you're golden.

I just dropped a newly created guy in the MR professional comp and at the end he finished as a level 4. It was T. Savalas (I shit you not!)
kojak.jpg

That's the kinda sad thing about the way the game's set up... it's not the slightest bit difficult to exploit the restrictions in any of the races (at least, the ones I've come across, not counting the seasonals) by just getting the most powerful car that can be used, modding the shit out of it then cakewalking through the whole thing. TBH I think the game would've been better served by going on a PI-type system a la Forza (no troll intended). At least then you'd be encouraged to tune your car with a certain level of equipment rather than just dumping everything in and dragging out the gear ratio.

Augemitbutter said:
thanks. is it possible to DL the cars and use them in the western versions of the game? any compatibility issues?
It's been confirmed in this thread no. It's quite baffling that they gave dlc present to the region with the smallest fanbase. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't give a crap about sales.

Ughhhhhhhhh. I know this has probably been beaten to death but this game could not be making a worse first impression. Spent 15 minutes downloading a massive update, 5 minutes installing it, then it pops up with some bullshit excuse for lazy development and I've been sitting here installing it onto the HDD for 35 minutes now. I just want to fucking drive some god damn cars.

Shaneus

Fuck, you got him? I almost had him when I was first getting a B-spec driver. Was so pissed that I noticed his name just as it was fading out to refresh. Oh well, I have B. Casanova and motherfucking KOJAK rockin' my shit.

dwebo

Trying to gold these license tests finally. Managed to do b-5 legit within a few tries, so maybe they made them easier in 1.05? Either way, it's pretty damn stupid that you still need to quit out after an attempt to save or update a ghost. Two steps forward, one step back.

Crakatak187 said:
It's been confirmed in this thread no. It's quite baffling that they gave dlc present to the region with the smallest fanbase. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't give a crap about sales.
Maybe it was because NA got the GT Academy and EU got the b-spec competition? Because I sure as hell don't see it boosting sales any in Japan.

Also, I would've rather gotten some cars than a competition I'd never win :lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
X-Frame said:
I'm going to have to do this next.

I just recently took my GT-R V-Spec that I won the Bonus Event with and maximized all the power upgrades and that thing is a monster as well. I also have the V10 R8 but it's kept stock so far.

I wonder which one I'll like better ..

I prefer the R8 by far. It's simply much lighter and much tighter. It feels borderline like a Formula 1 car once you've done all of the upgrades. It's utterly sensational.

Crakatak187 said:

PD didn't actually give anyone a present, it was Sony that did it. That's why you needed to go to the PSN store to download them instead of getting them directly through GT5.

I didnt think it was the slightest bit difficult to exploit a rewind button, but hey, it was up to me the player to exercise a bit of restraint.

Crakatak187 said:

aww, that's too bad. oh well, i'll try living without them.

WTF is up with the Ford Focus event?! It's madness!
I can get to 5th by the end of the first lap, 3rd by just after the hairpin and 2nd shorty after, but I cannot for the life of me catch 1st.

Skid Recovery ON
Traction (tried 1,2,3,4,)
ABS 1

Got a manifold upgrade to take me to the bhp limit, custom transmission which takes me up to about 134mph, and uprated suspension.

ANY tips? Its crazy hard!

Chris R

So I was wondering, could anyone post which cars/modifications they used for the different seasonal events? My results so far are 1st/1st/2nd/2nd/X 6th/X/X/X/X X being ones I haven't tried yet at all. Didn't know which Nissan to use for the final event from group 1 and was having issues with the first event from group 2 so I figure I should post here and see what all the experts suggest.

DrPirate

Banned
Got this for christmas + playseat + G27.

Bad reviews were completely unwarranted, I'm loving every bit of this game. Only thing is the standard cars are REALLLLLYYYYY fucking ugly.....

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I too got this for Christmas, unfortunately I cannot find my old GT4 Driving Force Pro for the life of me, so I'm probably gonna pick up the Driving Force GT. Just sucks that I missed it when it was like 89 or 99 bucks. Now it's 130.

Anyone have a new player guide for tuning and all the settings and the basic menu stuff? I haven't messed with any of it because I have no idea how it works. All the settings I've been using so far is ABS-1, Traction Control-5, and everything else off, which has been working pretty well for me.

One thing I do not like is the car requirement stuff and the way it works. Have to navigate so many menus and remember what cars are allowed and make sure the used dealership has one.

I'm only level 10 so I'm not very far into the game.

Pungza

Just tried the Fiat 500 seasonal event, best I can get is 4th after three attempts. All assists are off, what am I doing wrong?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone want to suggest the best high price cars? Want to start on my shopping list when I get back on gt5 after Xmas. Will probably start with cheaper cars so want to see what the set expensive ones are. I want a 430, and the R8 and Peugeot 908 seems a good choice?

mrklaw said:
Anyone want to suggest the best high price cars? Want to start on my shopping list when I get back on gt5 after Xmas. Will probably start with cheaper cars so want to see what the set expensive ones are. I want a 430, and the R8 and Peugeot 908 seems a good choice?
Peugeot Handles pretty damn good and is fast. Definitely worth the money. I wasted my money on the R10.

dwebo

Mechanical Snowman said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/105o1hv.jpg[img]

What is this car? I think I'm in love.

Edit: I know it's a Mustang, I don't know the year or model other than that. Unfortunately it looks standard.[/QUOTE]
Eh, but that's in GT5's photo mode. It's [s]probably[/s] that Transcammer award winner car.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CKbZg.jpg

MMaRsu

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah, until you realise that you'll win one in an A-spec event :p

Which one is the Audi R8 V10??

Is it the R8 5.2 FSI QUATTRO?

Yeah buy that one. Won over 15/20 races with that one fully tuned ofcourse.

The Audi R8 is sooooooooo amazing <3

dwebo said:
Eh, but that's in GT5's photo mode. It's probably that Transcammer award winner car.

CKbZg.jpg
I found it in GT Planet's Photomode sub-forum, so how do I win it?

blu said:
Frankly, I can't understand the answer. Aside from the fact it'd be too difficult in some cosmetic aspect.
I don't understand either. You could even do this in GT5:p, couldn't you?

MMaRsu

X-Frame said:

Put the option down from 5 to 1 in the options screen. My wheel was moving all over the place before I did that. I couldn't keep it under control!

dwebo

Mechanical Snowman said:
I found it in GT Planet's Photomode sub-forum, so how do I win it?

I don't understand either. You could even do this in GT5:p, couldn't you?
It's in one of the specialized makes on the far right of the dealership menu, along with most of the other recent award winners.

And yeah, you could adjust ratios in Prologue.

-viper-

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Put the option down from 5 to 1 in the options screen. My wheel was moving all over the place before I did that. I couldn't keep it under control!
Why don't you just leave the FF at 4 or 5 and enable Power Steering?

Also, fight the wheel. :p

I remember how I had no fucking idea what to do when the wheel began spinning (when I first bought it) but you need to fight back and keep a hold of it. Eventually, you'll get used to it.

MMaRsu said:

You could always fight the wheel as -viper- poitned out. It won't break even though I know some people are worried about fighitng the force feedback on a 100-300 dollar wheel. That stronger force feedback is there to give you a good impression of how well your car is connected to the road. Putting it to 1 seems like it would make it hard to get that feeling.

keyrat

MMaRsu said:

Is it strange that I set mine to 10? The wheel is supposed to spin. Have you ever got in a car and pushed the accelerator without holding the wheel? It's going to turn on its own, even moreso without power steering (as is the norm in race cars). Hold it tight and get used to it; that's what driving is all about. Your arms are supposed to get tired in the more challenging cars and races. Try the Citroen rally car on a dirt track for a really tough experience.

Top Bottom