• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Thrakier

DonMigs85 said:
Yes I'm using the Miinolta now. Just slap on the Stage 3 Turbo and Chassis Reinforcement, lower the ride height a bit and you're good to go.

There is no turbo available for the ZR1. I have 614kw and noc hance at all.

I just did 60 laps to complete the first endurance race. Grand Valley 300km. Used the Lexus LFA (Hate that f-ing car now)

Even though I took 1st, I got a pathetic amount of credits for my 2 hours+ or work! Only 16,000,000 credits (JP version). I could have earned so much more for my 2 hours just grinding on the Indy speedway.

darkwing said:
only 614hp? my ZR1 RM is 905hp with the Supercharger

I don't get how people have trouble with a souped up ZR1, I am beasting on Like the Wind.

Also so much love to my souped up Minolta, damn what a fantastic car. Only need to win Dream Car Champ. with it and the Formula GT champ. (already got the FGT) before I give a big fuck you to the Endurance races :lol

I hope PD gives us a good amount of Seasonals to keep the product fresh. It's nice to actually have some opposition and car restrictions, makes you think more about your set-up compared to the uber-tuning for easy wins in regular A-spec.

PuppetMaster said:
I just did 60 laps to complete the first endurance race. Grand Valley 300km. Used the Lexus LFA (Hate that f-ing car now)

Even though I took 1st, I got a pathetic amount of credits for my 2 hours+ or work! Only 16,000,000 credits (JP version). I could have earned so much more for my 2 hours just grinding on the Indy speedway.

yep, the credit and xp system is busted.

just done that seasonal nascar which is one lap too long. i passed 2nd position on the straight on lap one.

hoping for some x1 action later, thanks to gutterboy :bow

Thrakier

darkwing said:
the Supercharger option is on the right side of the 3 Turbo levels?

Yeah, got that. Got everything in it. I was on 1 for like 2 seconds with the ZR1 but the AI is pushing me like it's not funny. Stupid AI. No chance without a bit more HP. :(

darkwing

Thrakier said:
Yeah, got that. Got everything in it. I was on 1 for like 2 seconds with the ZR1 but the AI is pushing me like it's not funny. Stupid AI. No chance without a bit more HP. :(

wow make sure its being equipped in the setup screen, it should be 905hp, thats the max the zr1 rm can go afaik

and the zr1 rm with max downforce and racing soft is simply amazing to drive

darkwing said:
wow make sure its being equipped in the setup screen, it should be 905hp, thats the max the zr1 rm can go afaik

also crank that transmission bit higher if needed, also don't have to break on Like The Wind Indy, just release gas if you need to lose some speed

Thrakier

darkwing said:

It is equipped. 622kw. That's all.

PuppetMaster said:

I am about to try out Endurance and I heard the money payout was poor, but what about the XP? I don't need money for now, but lots of XP would be good :)

KennyLinder said:
I am about to try out Endurance and I heard the money payout was poor, but what about the XP? I don't need money for now, but lots of XP would be good :)

The XP is decent enough.

My problem with endurance races on A-spec is that they just sour me on the whole thing. It really is just a chore. There is little to no joy to be had from them.

-viper-

Banned
theignoramus said:
Well, I adjusted the ride height and that Enzo a little more managable on the 'Ring.
Anyway, I just cant heap enough praise on the Lancer Evo '07, what an awesome vehicle.
I own most of the high end premiums in the game, and outside the GTR '07, the Evo is my favourite car to drive. Throw some soft racing tires on it and the grip is unreal. Even someone with sloppy throttle control should be able to just whip around in that thing.
The Evo sounds interesting. Did you use any specific tune for it?

Angst

I have only done the first endurance race on Grand Valley Speedway but I had a lot of fun with some of the "shorter" endurance races in GT4. The hardest part is find the right car. I don't want to use a too slow car and lose the race by a big margin, but I don't want an overpowered car either. The best endurance races is where you win by planning your pit stop strategy and win by a couple of seconds. The worst are where you lap the competition over and over again... Then it's just hours of mind numbing driving.

Angst said:
The worst are where you lap the competition over and over again... Then it's just hours of mind numbing driving.

welcome to the mazda roadster endurance race where you'll lap 2nd place 30 times during the 4hrs.

my most unpleasant experience of gt5 thus far.

Angst

Wax Free Vanilla said:
welcome to the mazda roadster endurance race where you'll lap 2nd place 30 times during the 4hrs.

my most unpleasant experience of gt5 thus far.
:-/ I might have to try that one with comfort hard tyres or a beat up used Mazda... :lol

DonMigs85 said:
Is there really much point at all to doing the Chassis Reinforcement?

The odd thing about Chassis Reinforcement is that it is available for every single car in the game, which makes me think that it might just make it so you don't have to do the "Restore Chassis" in GT Auto as often. It never feels like it makes the car handle any different, but people claim that after time the car does losses rigidity and you can feel the difference after the restore. Going from stock to the upgrade feels no different imo. I put it on every new car either way.

Edit: I guess the rigidity upgrade could induce a little understeer. I don't seem to notice this. Then again, when I take the time to setup a car I try to dial in as much oversteer as possible.

The motor of the T500 RS is equipped with a power that is perfectly balanced with the wheel’s size (30cm / 12’’ steering wheel) and weight as well.

This motor also plays a role in regulating the wheel’s rotation speed, designed to replicate real high-level racing conditions with low latency.

Last but not least, this power is combined with a motorized stop which prevents users from turning the wheel beyond the defined limits, in order to accurately simulate the genuine angles of rotation of different types of cars in the near future – whether for F1 circuits (Suzuka style), rally competitions, endurance racing (Nürburgring style), drifting and more …

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=181090991918644&set=a.178840155477061.47379.177715455589531

Credit to kikie from GTplanet.

brentech

gutterboy44 said:
The odd thing about Chassis Reinforcement is that it is available on for every single car in the game, which makes me think that it might just make it so you don't have to do the "Restore Chassis" in GT Auto as often. It never feels like it makes the car handle any different, but people claim that after time the car does losses rigidity and you can feel the difference after the restore. Going from stock to the upgrade feels no different imo. I put it on every new car either way.
Yeah, this. I also wish they'd be more clear about what condition your engine and body is in when you're in the GT auto shop. I mean, if I use the car frequently I know what my max HP was and can notice it falling even with an oil change....than I know the engine is starting to be worn.

The body though, I haven't yet felt the difference myself. I wish those screens would give you some sort of info as to what condition the car is in. Silly.

brentech said:
Yeah, this. I also wish they'd be more clear about what condition your engine and body is in when you're in the GT auto shop. I mean, if I use the car frequently I know what my max HP was and can notice it falling even with an oil change....than I know the engine is starting to be worn.

The body though, I haven't yet felt the difference myself. I wish those screens would give you some sort of info as to what condition the car is in. Silly.

Yeah, there has always been a huge discrepancy about what the upgrade parts do in real life and how they are actually modeled in GT. Are the clutch, drive shaft and flywheel upgrades ever tangible in any GT game? I never notice. I know the concepts to how they should improve performance but I can never tell in the game because the data is reflected no where.

The chassis rigidity one has always made me crazy. A) It is a super cheap upgrade in real life, if it is just the sway bar and tower struts that are shown in the graphic, not 20k B) This should make a huge difference in lower end cars where they aren't designed very rigid C) How are these upgrades even possible on FGT, F1, X1, Toyota GT1, etc cars? I am pretty sure the rigidity of those cars are designed to the maximum amount. D) Does this upgrade effect the degradation of your chassis rigidity over time? E) Why are these easily removable parts permanent?

I really would like to test some variable with rigidity but it is always so susceptible to placebo without a good data analyzer.

Maybe I will have my friend setup a blind test for me over the weekend when we GT5 LAN. Will buy two identical cars, one with chassis upgrade one without, no other mods. Do three laps of Suzuka in both. I will give my opinion and then he will tell me which is which. Then I figure I can do the same with a heavily driven/damaged car that has no upgrades v. a brand new one with 100% fresh chassis. I will keep you posted.

What's the nicest car to drive, in your opinion? Not for pure power - for speed, comfort and handling. I probably spend about 20 minutes a day browsing the dealership but I can't decide on what to buy, any recommendations?

GodofWine

OK....Help....Bspec Amateur Supercar Nostaligic....

Im dying on the laguna seca race...

I have a loaded Cobra, and the '62 Buick....

My drivers finish right behind the top 3 guys in the Cobra, and with the Buick (which I thought was a beast) they go right to the back....

I swore I could win with the Buick based on Gaf...and the cobra, should eat them alive...

What did y'all use on this race?

avaya

Mechanical Snowman said:
What's the nicest car to drive, in your opinion? Not for pure power - for speed, comfort and handling. I probably spend about 20 minutes a day browsing the dealership but I can't decide on what to buy, any recommendations?

Non-race car wise it's going to be between the 458, GT-R and SLS for me.

spats

avaya said:

Yup. Taking it around Nordschleife is like wiping your ass with silk.

matrix3merovingian.jpg

-Amon-

Mechanical Snowman said:

It's a matter of taste, so difficult to give a raccomandation about that.

I drive with a g27 with all assists off, and i love RWD cars that need finesse and precision driving to perform.

Having said that speaking of today's cars, i love the 458 Italia, Mclaren MP4/12C and Lexus LFA.

I keep them stock with hard sport tires.

Speaking of old cars the standard Lamborghini Countach, Ferrari 512BB and Shelby Cobra to an extent i like a lot.

avaya said:
Expected the GT-R, I agree the thing is beautiful to drive, I'll check out the SLS and Italia.

spats said:
Yup. Taking it around Nordschleife is like wiping your ass with silk.
Such a glorious sentence.

Edit:

Ooo thanks Amon. I can't wait to check out the dealership :D

seeds19

Banned
Fuck! the vettel challenge is imposible for me, the car is a beast i don't have any chance to beat the bronze lap time in any circuit :(

fuenf

seeds19 said:
Fuck! the vettel challenge is imposible for me, the car is a beast i don't have any chance to beat the bronze lap time in any circuit :(

yeah it's almost impossible without a wheel. i put around 10h in and only managed a bronze on monza. i'm still 0.9s off on the ring and seeing the finish line is a minor miracle on suzuka. i know it's possible to bronze them with a ds3 but i think it mostly comes down to luck as you'll need 2 practically perfect laps.

Solal

Do we know if the Thrustmaster T500RS will be usable with already existing wheel stands? Like Wheelstand pro or fanatec ones?

I have a doubt regarding the pedales as the base looks to big to fit the wheel stand pro for instance...

R2D4

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with this game? I've played it for about 7 hours and at least once a setting it will never register that I'm done with a race. The car will just keep going around the track only the start button pauses the game but none of the other buttons do anything. Also it will just stay at the GT loading screen at random times and the only thing I can do is turn off my PS3. I go to shut down console but it never shuts down the green light on the PS3 just flashes. I have to hit the power switch on the back. This is the only game to give me trouble in the 3 years I've owned the console. Do I have a bad disc or is anyone else having these issues?

-viper-

Banned
Hmm. I'm in such a dilemma :p

Do I max the downforce of the X1 to make it easier to corner at the expense of earthquake-like wheel shaking, or do I leave it at stock values to prevent the wheel shake but give me poor corning ability.

:\

PD need to patch in the downforce bug ASAP.

Car definitely feels much faster without the downforce. Can easily hit 275mph, compared to my previous 245-250mph. But cornering > raw speed.

Top Bottom