• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

UFRA

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Be that as it may, the ZR-1 RM should be putting out 905bhp.

That's once the engine is broken in.

Mine was 877HP when I had it fully upgraded.

Now, with 400+ miles on it, the car has 905HP.

turnbuckle

gutterboy44 said:
Who wants a mother fucking X1?

How can you afford to give that away? I'm killing my PS3 by having bspec run non stop over the last week and I'm still an endurance race short of level 32. It's gonna be a long and dangerous road to level 35. I'm backing up my saves after each one because I fear for my OG 60 gig model's health :lol

Man, if only there was a way to fast forward bpsec. I haven't been able to play anything on the console because any PS3 game time used is Bspec leveling lost. Once I hit level 40 I'm done with that mode and never looking back*

*Unless they implement an online bpsec mode where you can race other people's AI drivers.

offshore said:
I hope it's going to stay at 10 Museum/Paint items per day. I've been on a bit of a painting spree thanks to that.

Paint? I'm only getting museum cards. :(

h3ro

turnbuckle said:

It may only say you got museum cards on the log in screen that pops up, but check your paint chips, you're getting those as well. :D

Az

UFRA said:

Ahh that clears things up. Mine is at 880.

How do I see the mileage?

AndyD

aka andydumi
turnbuckle said:
How can you afford to give that away? I'm killing my PS3 by having bspec run non stop over the last week and I'm still an endurance race short of level 32. It's gonna be a long and dangerous road to level 35. I'm backing up my saves after each one because I fear for my OG 60 gig model's health :lol

Man, if only there was a way to fast forward bpsec. I haven't been able to play anything on the console because any PS3 game time used is Bspec leveling lost. Once I hit level 40 I'm done with that mode and never looking back*

*Unless they implement an online bpsec mode where you can race other people's AI drivers.

That would be glorious. And I think B-spec will also be easier once we can do it via web.

UFRA

By the way, did you guys notice that it appears that everything you do with your own cars online is now carried back with you to single player? :(

The other day we had a GAF Super GT practice again, and before we started I checked my car's stats.

512HP
139 miles

After we raced a couple hours and were done, I go back to single player and am terrified at what I see.

518HP
237 miles

Does this mean that all the damage and crap that happened to my car is probably carried back too? It really sucks, because I enjoyed how online was basically "no consequences" and you could finally have some place to mess around without knowing a 500,000 repair bill is waiting for you.

:((((((((

-viper-

Banned
UFRA said:
By the way, did you guys notice that it appears that everything you do with your own cars online is now carried back with you to single player? :(

The other day we had a GAF Super GT practice again, and before we started I checked my car's stats.

512HP
139 miles

After we raced a couple hours and were done, I go back to single player and am terrified at what I see.

518HP
237 miles

Does this mean that all the damage and crap that happened to my car is probably carried back too? It really sucks, because I enjoyed how online was basically "no consequences" and you could finally have some place to mess around without knowing a 500,000 repair bill is waiting for you.

:((((((((
The handling of my Formula GT is so fucked up that I had to spend all that cash for the chassis repair. Needless to say there was a clear improvement. The car still handles like crap though. Oversteer mania.

Error1355 said:
Just got my level 21 ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx9rq2F9vFs

Not sure what the value on this car is, but I'm not complaining.

Nice quality vid, what did you use to capture?

turnbuckle said:

I A-speced to level 30 then got all golds on the X1 events which gave me three of them. However, I am doing the dupe for gifting these babies. No way am I loosing one of them.

I do B-Spec via my slingbox so I can remote play from my phone. It is a little clunky but it gets the job done.

brentech

Have now completed Expert A&B spec. Got my 2nd LVL21 ticket as I just finished B-Spec right now.....and what do I get, a fucking 2010 Jimmie Johnson NASCAR that I already have. SOB!!!!!
Now I have 3 NASCAR since I bought one just to do the Bonus Event. Whatevs...god damn it!

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
gutterboy44 said:
Who wants a mother fucking X1?
If there's still one around, I'd appreciate one please (maybe the one with adjustable gear ratios?)
PSN ID is OnkelC

thanks in advance!

Error1355

gutterboy44 said:

I used the Hauppage HD PVR. It's a box dedicated to encoding HD video so your PC doesn't need to be a freaking RAID powered super computer. >_> It was about $180-210ish on Amazon/Newegg.

You connect component cables from the PS3 to the PVR, and from the PVR to your TV. It sends the video to your PC via USB. It was pretty simple for a newb to this like myself. :lol

It was my Christmas present to myself and I've yet to really mess with any settings yet. I'm sure I could get a better quality than that somehow too. However the component cables it came with were horrible and caused green and red scan lines on my TV. It went away when I used another set I had stashed away though... :D

Edit: I'd also love a X2010. Too. :lol

gutterboy44 said:

I A-speced to level 30 then got all golds on the X1 events which gave me three of them. However, I am doing the dupe for gifting these babies. No way am I loosing one of them.

I do B-Spec via my slingbox so I can remote play from my phone. It is a little clunky but it gets the job done.

What does this mean?

Tarazet

UFRA said:

...You have to break in your cars?

Finally a legitimate reason to love B-spec.

X-Frame

Error1355 said:
I used the Hauppage HD PVR. It's a box dedicated to encoding HD video so your PC doesn't need to be a freaking RAID powered super computer. >_> It was about $180-210ish on Amazon/Newegg.

You connect component cables from the PS3 to the PVR, and from the PVR to your TV. It sends the video to your PC via USB. It was pretty simple for a newb to this like myself. :lol

It was my Christmas present to myself and I've yet to really mess with any settings yet. I'm sure I could get a better quality than that somehow too. However the component cables it came with were horrible and caused green and red scan lines on my TV. It went away when I used another set I had stashed away though... :D
I have an HD-PVR too, though I don't have a loop in my setup.

My HDMI goes from my PS3 into an HDMI splitter > Then 1 goes back into my stereo receiver and from there another HDMI to my TV. The 2nd HDMI from the splitter goes into a conversion unit (HDFury2) which then converts the video/audio to Component/Stereo, respectively. Then that all connects to my HD-PVR.

Complicated and more expensive but I don't have to give up actually playing in lossless 7.1c surround sound to record.

Error1355

X-Frame said:
I have an HD-PVR too, though I don't have a loop in my setup.

My HDMI goes from my PS3 into an HDMI splitter > Then 1 goes back into my stereo receiver and from there another HDMI to my TV. The 2nd HDMI from the splitter goes into a conversion unit (HDFury2) which then converts the video/audio to Component/Stereo, respectively. Then that all connects to my HD-PVR.

Complicated and more expensive but I don't have to give up actually playing in lossless 7.1c surround sound to record.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to look into this. As the video on my TV is just that smallest bit lower now since I added the box and not using HDMI. Feeling OCD it's bugging me so very much.

Edit: Eh, the HDFury2 is expensive. >_>

Mechanical Snowman said:
What's the nicest car to drive, in your opinion? Not for pure power - for speed, comfort and handling. I probably spend about 20 minutes a day browsing the dealership but I can't decide on what to buy, any recommendations?
The Subaru IMPREZA '05 is a beautiful vehicle to drive. Amazing stability through the corners, good acceleration and braking with the right tires. It's more fun than any of the supercars and exotics I have. I was able to soup it up to 530hp, threw a custom transmission in it, some soft racing tires, and it's just heaven on wheels.

-viper- said:
The Evo sounds interesting. Did you use any specific tune for it?
Nope, I think I have a fixed sports kit on it, but I did upgrade it to 520hp with a custom transmission. The Evo 07 is less than 50 grand at the dealership, that's nothing, just buy it.

flyinpiranha said:
What does this mean?

Backup save, gift car, delete save, restore save. Now your garage is back to pre gift and your buddy has a copy of your car. Perform at your own risk. You never know when your save might not restore or something.

I am not going to hand out X1's anymore. please stop asking. I will do a trivia (racing and car topics) or something where there is a single distinct winner and they will get good prize car. I need to get some accounts in order and I owe my friend some trades so it will be a few days, maybe the start of next week where I can do some proper gift giveaway games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gutterboy44 said:

Dupe me one (PM me for my ID) and I'll dupe for others.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
gutterboy44 said:
Backup save, gift car, delete save, restore save. Now your garage is back to pre gift and your buddy has a copy of your car. Perform at your own risk. You never know when your save might not restore or something.

I am not going to hand out X1's anymore. I will do a trivia (racing and car topics) or something where there is a single distinct winner and they will get good prize car. I need to get some accounts in order and I owe my friend some trades so it will be a few days, maybe the start of next week where I can do some proper gift giveaway games.
sorry to hear that.

OnkelC said:
sorry to hear that.

It makes up for the fact you cant, re win prize cars, earn fuck all for cash, can only give one gift a day including paint and have to navigate through the used dealership for days to find a single car. I've earned all my cars. If others want them without going through hell, that is their prerogative. Besides, it is the holidays.

Edit: Er, guess I am not sure if you meant, bummer no more free X1's or bummer people can now duplicate (aka dupe) cars.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
gutterboy44 said:
It makes up for the fact you cant, re win prize cars, earn fuck all for cash, can only give one gift a day including paint and have to navigate through the used dealership for days to find a single car. I've earned all my cars. If others want them without going through hell, that is their prerogative. Besides, it is the holidays.
no offense, it's only because going by the pace I can find the time to play, I'll reach Lvl 30 sometime early autumn next year :lol

OnkelC said:
no offense, it's only because going by the pace I can find the time to play, I'll reach Lvl 30 sometime early autumn next year :lol

I just want to keep some aspect of racing/cars involved with the gifting instead of anyone showing up and going me, me, me. I am also a huge trivia fan. Stay tuned at the start of next week. I have some nice cars in my collection including Ferrari F10, three X1's etc.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goldrusher said:

Don't forget you still need to give me a Formula GT and I need to buy a Lexus(?) for you.

I want an X1. ;__;

alterno69

Banned
Just golded the Mazda rx 7 seasonal event, the esiest so far, i have only silver with the fiat and honda as well as gold on the challenger event, fourth plae so far with the GT R 0: loving this events.

-viper-

Banned
jockamo said:
I'll trade someone my x1 for a matte white paint chip. We have to do it tomorrow though.
i'll give you matte white paint (for free) if you want so you can send the x1 to someone else who needs it :p

plainr_

-viper- said:
i'll give you matte white paint (for free) if you want so you can send the x1 to someone else who needs it :p

Okay lets do that. :)

On a side note, I don't know why I'm not getting the bonus paint chips when I log on. Just museum cards.

Error1355 said:
I'll take the X1(2010) :D

PSN: Error1355

Alright I'll add you and gift it to you tomorrow.

Thrakier

PjotrStroganov said:
You're a horrible driver then? ;)

It's quite a forgiving car to drive.

Maybe I am. I won Like the wind now. Learned that I should barely touch the brakes and brake like ABS instead of holding the brake. Was kinda hard, but it worked...

Bizzyb

Banned
I always hated how GT games never let you see the sides of your car while driving in 3rd person view.

Does it tick anyone else off that you only get two views of the car in third person, i.e. back and front? No rotating camera, no side view camera, no nothing. Just back and front.

turnbuckle

gutterboy44 said:

Are you in the same building when you play it via slingbox? If there was a way to control my ps3 remotely while using my slingbox to monitor the game when I'm at work that'd be amazing. Well, less amazing now that I'm grinding endurance races but still pretty awesome nonetheless.

Also, I would love an X1 when you exhaust the rest of your list. If it comes down to car trivia I'll be at the back of the line though :lol

Ranger X

Bizzyb said:
I always hated how GT games never let you see the sides of your car while driving in 3rd person view.

Does it tick anyone else off that you only get two views of the car in third person, i.e. back and front? No rotating camera, no side view camera, no nothing. Just back and front.

Curiosity, why do you want to see the sides of your car when playing third person?

Top Bottom