• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Goldrusher said:
Is that the prototype ? Mind sending me one ? I'll send you the Bentley Speed 8 for it.

Nürburgring GP/F
2:08.000 / 2:09.500 / 2:14.500

Monza
2:04.000 / 2:05.500 / 2:10.500

Suzuka
2:10.000 / 2:11.500 / 2:16.500

Two laps, including the outlap (starting from the pits).

I want a video of the Nürburgring one.

Melfice7

Just started 1000km Suzuka b-spec endurance with my 3 pilots using the X1.. lets hope they dont lose
XQ4Bc.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Everyone celebrate with me... my B-Spec driver got his first win!!!

Sure it was with a fully tuned viper on the Sunday Cup and I had to tell him to "pace down" four or five times so he didn't spin out on the straights... but he won!

What a weird game mode. I'm bout to hit level four. Now that he has a powerful car (the only way he can win) he's practically lapping people. I guess you can use this to grind later in the game for stuff... but it's incredibly boring/pointless/frustrating otherwise.

AI, sorry to say, is unfortunately one of the worst things in GT so the all-AI mode is pretty wtfwhy imo.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Got my wheel last night, used a temporary TV tray setup until I get my rig finished.

After I got the hang of the wheel I decided to go back and tackle those god awful Nascar challenges that just completely suck on the pad. On one of the Daytona events I kept getting like a tenth of a second away from gold. After repeating the race 5 times, I noticed the gas pedal was hitting the bar at the bottom of the TV tray at about 98% of the way down.

Once I pulled it back I golded the event with ease.

:lol

Yopis

Well im super late to the party on this but wow, this game is really good. Day night transition is awesome with some of the tracks.

cilonen

MidnightRider said:
I'm on a DC2 and DC5 buying spree. :lol

I jumped on the Spoon DC2 as soon as I saw it in the used dealership; picked up the Spoon EK9 not long after too.

On a different note, I'm conflicted about the X1. I'm happy to wait and earn one, and as much as I'm intrigued to what Newey can do without rules and really glad that the type of collaboration between him and Kaz / Polyphony is taking place; from all the videos I've seen it's a bit too removed from reality, a bit too Wipeout-ey for a GT game. I love Wipeout but it's not really what I buy GT for.

Can I get some reassurance that it's not completely out of character with the rest of the game as I fear?

avaya

cilonen said:
On a different note, I'm conflicted about the X1. I'm happy to wait and earn one, and as much as I'm intrigued to what Newey can do without rules and really glad that the type of collaboration between him and Kaz / Polyphony is taking place; from all the videos I've seen it's a bit too removed from reality, a bit too Wipeout-ey for a GT game. I love Wipeout but it's not really what I buy GT for.

Can I get some reassurance that it's not completely out of character with the rest of the game as I fear?

This is what I'm actually concerned about. All the video's of it make it look like a joke car worthy of Wipeout.

Westonian

Got the game for Christmas and liked it well enough but honestly didn't see what all the hype was about.

Then on a lark I bought a Force GT wheel two days ago...

What a revelation! I haven't had this much fun playing a video game in years! In the past two days I've leveled up in A-spec to 14. My only gripe is I can't finish the Amateur circuit until I find a freaking truck! They are never for sale!

Anyone want to help a brother out? I'll give it back when I'm done.

PSN: WestonianB

cilonen

Westonian said:
Got the game for Christmas and liked it well enough but honestly didn't see what all the hype was about.

Then on a lark I bought a Force GT wheel two days ago...

What a revelation! I haven't had this much fun playing a video game in years! In the past two days I've leveled up in A-spec to 14. My only gripe is I can't finish the Amateur circuit until I find a freaking truck! They are never for sale!

Anyone want to help a brother out? I'll give it back when I'm done.

PSN: WestonianB

I don't have one right now, but you get a Dodge Ram Hemi for getting bronze or better in the IA licence tests.

avaya said:
This is what I'm actually concerned about. All the video's of it make it look like a joke car worthy of Wipeout.

It is definitely a hyper car, but it does fit the universe despite it's insanity. You still need to drive with precision, adhere to the racing line and it does have its limits that can easily be surpassed.

The X1 is a blast to drive and the challenges are a shit load of fun. It was probably the most rewarding golds in the game.

cilonen

gutterboy44 said:
It is definitely a hyper car, but it does fit the universe despite it's insanity. You still need to drive with precision, adhere to the racing line and it does have its limits that can easily be surpassed.

The X1 is a blast to drive and the challenges are a shit load of fun. It was probably the most rewarding golds in the game.

Good to hear.

Westonian

offshore said:
Check the online dealer. They should have one.
My online dealership has several race cars and about 9 different RX-7s. No trucks that I've seen. I check it several times a day and the selection never changes (but the one RX-7 I've bought is greyed out.)

Niks

Well the X1 is a "what if" concept.
If it was actually built, no human could actually drive it.

You need to look at it from that point of view.

Evolved1

offshore said:
Check the online dealer. They should have one.

I haven't seen the truck in over a week... should have bought it then. Because right now I'm stuck. :/

offshore

Westonian said:
My online dealership has several race cars and about 9 different RX-7s. No trucks that I've seen. I check it several times a day and the selection never changes (but the one RX-7 I've bought is greyed out.)
Well that's stupid then. I thought the whole point of the online dealer was to (always) have in stock the cars people needed instead of having to wait for them to turn up in the used dealer.

EDIT: Get Bronze in IA License and you get the Dodge Ram.

Goldrusher

Niks said:
Well the X1 is a "what if" concept.
If it was actually built, no human could actually drive it.
That's why I'm disappointed with the times required for the challenge.
If the car was real, Vettel wouldn't be anywhere near the bronze time, let alone silver or gold.

Evolved1

offshore said:
Well that's stupid then. I thought the whole point of the online dealer was to (always) have in stock the cars people needed instead of having to wait for them to turn up in the used dealer.

That was my assumption too... and then I was ready to do the truck event and it was gone. :lol

Worst luck I have with this game.

Finally saw a car I really needed the other day in the used lot... but didn't have enough money. :lol

Goldrusher said:
That's why I'm disappointed with the times required for the challenge.
If the car was real, Vettel wouldn't be anywhere near the bronze time, let alone silver or gold.

The bronze times are way to low. They should be much easier to get. Hell, keeping it on the road for two laps is challenging enough at first. It would be great if they modeled the tunnel vision you get from G lock when driving that car. :lol

recklessmind said:
That was my assumption too... and then I was ready to do the truck event and it was gone. :lol

Worst luck I have with this game.

Finally saw a car I really needed the other day in the used lot... but didn't have enough money. :lol

I'm waiting for a stupid old jap car to finish off the 2nd league...

Sorc3r3r

This game needs some online tournament à là everybodygolf.
Time scheduled official races based on the A-spec level.

With some consistent money/car/exp reward.

Tweet it to Kaz, GAF!

:D

plainr_

phosphor112 said:
Too unreliable. For something that fast they don't want to worry about a loss of signal or anything that can cause the multi million dollar vehicle to crash.

True. If someone had to do it though, I'd volunteer. :lol

I'm trying to get gold on the B-10 license test -

The example replay shows the cars in a completely different configuration - a much easier one as they pass about 7 cars on the back straightaway that are spread out over the last two turns when I play. I don't understand how getting close to or beating the lap time on the example that takes first puts me in 2nd or 3rd?

Every youtube or other video I looked up on it looks like the easier example.. any tips? I draft everything, match the speed of the example and still that first place car is like .3 or so seconds ahead.. bullshit!

Firewire

Banned
SonOfABeep said:
I'm trying to get gold on the B-10 license test -

The example replay shows the cars in a completely different configuration - a much easier one as they pass about 7 cars on the back straightaway that are spread out over the last two turns when I play. I don't understand how getting close to or beating the lap time on the example that takes first puts me in 2nd or 3rd?

Every youtube or other video I looked up on it looks like the easier example.. any tips? I draft everything, match the speed of the example and still that first place car is like .3 or so seconds ahead.. bullshit!

You need to find a better line into a corner somewhere.

I dunno, every other license example replay played out the same as the real thing - I think they fucked this one up. Changing the spread of the cars on that back straightaway makes it much harder to get into 5th or better by the last turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdKrVyGenaQ

This replay doesn't even have the same car being in 1st place that I do - it's that white fucker and I feel like he's a half second faster than the 1st place guy in this video - I wonder if they changed it in a patch.

Plus my best time is showing 1:21:3xx on my lap where the 1st place guy was several car lengths ahead.

The winner in that youtube replay was 1:21:8xx. That just does not make sense. This is the only gold left and Im feeling like they made it impossible with a patch or something.

SonOfABeep said:
Plus my best time is showing 1:21:3xx on my lap where the 1st place guy was several car lengths ahead.

The winner in that youtube replay was 1:21:8xx. That just does not make sense. This is the only gold left and Im feeling like they made it impossible with a patch or something.

Are all your assists off?

Now that i've spent all this time tuning and re-tuning a lot of my cars (my setups and some from GTplanet) how would I go about making sure I have saved/backed up.

Is there anyway to save them to a USB stick?

The reason I am asking because I am going to start putting in the time on B-Spec so I can't get him to a level 20 and start farming money in the Endurance races while I sleep. Talked to a guy online last night that had over 7,000,000 in his account right then and had tons of $500,000+ cars. He said that's how he does it.

B-spec + endurance race = tons of cash

but being my PS3 would be on for 24 hour segments (at least) i was worried about killing my PS3 and losing my cars which is why i ended up posting this question.

Angst

MidnightRider said:
Now that i've spent all this time tuning and re-tuning a lot of my cars (my setups and some from GTplanet) how would I go about making sure I have saved/backed up.

Is there anyway to save them to a USB stick?
Just put in a USB stick or external HD, go to PS3 Game Saves, select the GT5 save and choose copy.

Top Bottom