• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Bobo

avaya said:
How quickly does the FGT do the Indy 500 in B-spec?

I know the Minolta will do it in ~2hrs:40mins
2hrs:39mins... :lol I ran it with 3 drivers though, level 28,25 and another level 25 driver. My pit strategy was autopit at 10% and racing meds front and rear... problem was when driver 1 got back in the car after the other drivers stints he was not fully recovered, making him pit earlier than expected, even though fuel and tyre wear was fine. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goldrusher said:
If you can wait until the 31st, I'll send you an FGT... if you send me the Petronas Lexus SC430... which is less than 1 million.

I got your Lexus man, if you got my Formula GT. ;) Just let me know. I can send it out tomorrow.

Also is people are duping X1's, I'd love to have one for B-spec leveling. :lol Someone PM me if they want to give me an X1.

Angst said:
Just put in a USB stick or external HD, go to PS3 Game Saves, select the GT5 save and choose copy.

I'm not sitting in front of my PS3 so I will be forced to ask a stupid question.

Where would I find said "PS3 Game Saves" ???? under the game option on the XMB ?

gutterboy44 said:
Are all your assists off?

Well that did it. I guess the traction assist was adding too much auto brake on the corners or something. It wasn't easy, but it was at least possible. I dare anyone to try B-10 and get gold with the default driving settings.. lol.

Seems pretty silly, but I guess that's Gran Turismo. Loving the game though. I'm only in the early events but I wish they had some kind of performance limitations. I feel like I have to pick lower spec cars to make the races more interesting. My Civic Type-R that I bought kinda blows away the early races..

Psychotext said:
Two more days of bspec to go for me (for 40). Stupid bspec. :lol

Nice! I envy you.

My b-spec driver is only a Level 2. I can't stand that stuff.

Guess I will just have to start letting him drive while I watch TV or something.

It's just something about sitting there watching someone else drive makes me want to drive 2161613623623623x's more.

expy

Banned
dwebo said:
The
nurburg 24h
prize made me :lol and not in a good way :(

Stupid b-spec indeed.
The prizes are just... kind of pointless at that point, you should already have the best car in the game. :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
MidnightRider said:
I'm not sitting in front of my PS3 so I will be forced to ask a stupid question.

Where would I find said "PS3 Game Saves" ???? under the game option on the XMB ?

Above trophies. It has PS Minis Saves, PS One saves then PS3 games then Game data I think.

AndyD

aka andydumi
MidnightRider said:
Nice! I envy you.

My b-spec driver is only a Level 2. I can't stand that stuff.

Guess I will just have to start letting him drive while I watch TV or something.

It's just something about sitting there watching someone else drive makes me want to drive 2161613623623623x's more.

Same here. I wish you could que up races for him to do. Or maybe I should level Beckenbauer up so he can do some multirace tournaments or endurance long races.

brentech

Little over halfway through level 25 in B-Spec. Other than playing around with drifting inbetween, I'm starting my 3rd straight lvl25 endurance race (which ever that 1st one is called). The grind is aweful, but hopefully I won't have to do much with these races beyond starting them...

And thank god for my chromeline and stealth cars. Just use those and you only have to spend 1000CR to get the car back to good condition after the races....though I realize I don't have one for each type of event I'll have to go through.

ChryZ

Just finished the F1 championship with gold. They're nuts for not having a save/continue feature. Did the whole bloody thing in one go and I'm spend. I need a drink.

Neo 007 said:
Just got my 1000 Ticket thingy.The prize.....(Drumroll)

Nissan Cube X......epic.

I think people need to start under standing that the 1000 in the ticket is not the level of awesome but the level of disappointment you will feel. I just hope my b spec ticket 27 isn't another god damn NASCAR. I own three!

ChryZ said:
Just finished the F1 championship with gold. They're nuts for not having a save/continue feature. Did the whole bloody thing in one go and I'm spend. I need a drink.

I feel ya man. The trick is to drink during the races.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Man, when this game is good, it's REALLY good. Just did the Tuned Championship in Expert using a Veyron (I know, I know, easy mode, but I stink) and it's just so amazing, that car. Just thrashing it around a track never gets old. Kinda odd the fuel gage never moves, though.

GodofWine

Just cause you all want to know, my fourth driver has been added.

Z. Wang
I. Short
O. Hertz
D. Guy

Team Short Wang Hertz is now Team Guy Hertz Short Wang.

Oh, and the Minolta makes these clowns look good...beast of a car...my first 1000hp car for this game

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
Anyone wanna send me an X1? ^_^

I hate, hate, HATE the thought of posting to beg - but I seriously can't see myself achieving one of these through my own skills (or grinding ability)...

Would love to get hold of one of these machines so wonder if there are any kind hearted souls :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wish we could have a team name and team colors unified across the drivers. I also wish when we can do B spec vs. B spec online that we can select a team car color that is freely applied to whatever car we race online.

Sort of an easy way to distinguish teams when racing online.

OMFG, just started FGT Championship B-Spec. Fucking retarded. My lvl 29 driver is still a retard. He just sits behind cars on the straight that are on their rev limiter despite the fact my car has a shit load more gear left. AHHHHHH this game is programed by idiots.

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I've searched elsewhere and I think that I know the answer but I should ask anyway - there's currently no way to upload replays to YouTube right?

Goldrusher

My drivers...

NSQBP.jpg
d970b.jpg
dDGp3.jpg
Ee0Yf.jpg
ZXMzl.jpg

(29) C.Diaz (116/138) ___ (29) J.Bieber (38/38) ___ (27) J.Bowen (34/39) ____ (27) R.Rodriguez (45/50) __ (25) H.Hogan (13/13)

TheSeks said:
I got your Lexus man, if you got my Formula GT. ;) Just let me know. I can send it out tomorrow.
I have you scheduled for tomorrow as well.

brentech

Anyone that drives manual also find themselves pushing in the clutch and then trying to use steering wheel shifters that don't exist on their car....
Man,felt so stupid. Feel like I do it all the time now

test_account

XP-39C²
gutterboy44 said:
Use this setup for your Toyota 7. Just used it earlier with my lvl29 driver and he destroyed them.

With the following setup (from GTP):

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage 2)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 224mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Dampers ext and comp both= 10/10/
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7
Camber: F= 7.0, R= 0.0
Toe: F= -0.10 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=9 / R=8
Thanks! :D I had problems winning this race too, but with this setup i managed to win on the 2nd attempt :)

ga11agh3r said:
I hate, hate, HATE the thought of posting to beg - but I seriously can't see myself achieving one of these through my own skills (or grinding ability)...

Would love to get hold of one of these machines so wonder if there are any kind hearted souls :)

We should start an X1 Dupe Thread of Beggary. I too want one but it will be weeks before I'm even close to getting it, if I do.

That dupe trick seems pretty easy though, wish I wonder if you can use the same GT5 game and set up a different PSN account and just trade cars back and forth.

I've never set up a separate PSN account on my PS3 .. do saves and everything save separately I'd assume? Could use the same game I think and just trade each day for credits with the most expensive car you could sell.

You can only trade one car a day correct?

Is this a good plan or is there a flaw I'm not seeing?

dwebo

flyinpiranha said:
I've never set up a separate PSN account on my PS3 .. do saves and everything save separately I'd assume? Could use the same game I think and just trade each day for credits with the most expensive car you could sell.

You can only trade one car a day correct?

Is this a good plan or is there a flaw I'm not seeing?
I just set up another account last night to birthday trick a mark iv and dupe a miura. I couldn't sell the miura (that I bought on my main save) on the alternate account, so that part of your plan wouldn't work, unless I was doing something wrong.

Still, if you amass the necessary credits on your main account, a sub account is pretty much a free expensive car every 24h if you've got the patience. :lol

ga11agh3r said:

I'm with this guy except I'm gonna flat out beg for an X1. Please please please!?
Psn: Evil_skeletor_13

Westonian

brentech said:
And thank god for my chromeline and stealth cars. Just use those and you only have to spend 1000CR to get the car back to good condition after the races....though I realize I don't have one for each type of event I'll have to go through.
Are the stealth cars dupable/giftable? Because if they are I'm not too proud to beg. (psn WestonianB)

brentech

Westonian said:
Are the stealth cars dupable/giftable? Because if they are I'm not too proud to beg. (psn WestonianB)
I don't know if they are or not. I had to enter 1 code which gave me the 5 chomelines and then another code for my stealth SLS through the PSN redeem code screen.
I've not heard of anyone gifting them, so I really don't know if it's possible, but duping cars isn't something I think I'm willing to risk my game for.

Bspec Bob is way too polite. I wish you could train him to be more surly. I can just hear his
radio transmissions in my head.

"Oh, sorry lad, after you."

"What's this! I found myself off the track! Oh dear me, might as well have a spot of tea to calm the nerves as the entire field passes by."

"My heavens! 200mph is simply uncivilized, I must slow down this instant!"

DonMigs85

brentech said:
I don't know if they are or not. I had to enter 1 code which gave me the 5 chomelines and then another code for my stealth SLS through the PSN redeem code screen.
I've not heard of anyone gifting them, so I really don't know if it's possible, but duping cars isn't something I think I'm willing to risk my game for.
None of my Stealth cars can be gifted, I can confirm that.

Attention X1 beggars. Tonight at 10pm EST I will be doing an X1 prototype give away. I will have two racing/car related trivia questions. First to reply in this thread with the correct answer will be awarded the car. There are two of theses babies up for grabs. Please read the rules below carefully.

pH52b.jpg

Thanks Wax Free Vanilla for pic

-I will PM the winner and ask for their PSN
-Preemptively adding me to PSN to try to get one will DQ you from the trivia (current friends obviously don't apply)
-Begging will DQ from the trivia
-NO EDITING YOUR ANSWER POSTS!!! If your post has and edit, it will not count. This assures I know who answered correctly first. Make sure to check your spelling before you submit.
-Please stop posting answers once the winner is announced
-You can't win more than once a night

Thanks! Stay tuned.

anddo0

Shaneus said:
Nothing, it's just a nickname that fits in well with B-spec. AFAIK, anyway.

Cool. I thought there was some kind of special meaning behind it.

Anyhow, My B-spec team:

C.Emerson lvl 24 (he's the vet with 158 races under his belt)
D.Hirata lvl 27 (72 wins in 74 races, bounces back quickly after his arrow is down.)
H.Pulkkinen lvl 26
N.Fujimoto lvl 24
H.Jager lvl 23
U.Bar lvl 24 (just a new born 14/14)

Top Bottom