• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Leunam

Last I saw we had three or four trucks going around. I was given a Tacoma and then I passed it on to someone else after I was done with it.

No matter what I do I can't win the b-spec J-classic races, and those 3 are the only one in beginner I can't win. Neither of my drivers can even get close no matter what car I give them or how fast I make it.

ElyrionX

Since the GT5 save is protected, I read earlier in the thread that the only way to backup my save would be to use the PS3 Backup utility. Is that right? If that's the case, what does the PS3 backup utility do? Does it copy all my save files over? What else does it copy over? All I've got right now is a 4GB USB flash drive. Will that suffice?

Huggers

T Ghost said:
Hit me with a FR and I'll lend if you give me a "deposit". I'll return your deposit when you return my F150. It's already souped up to be competitive in the truck challenge. The PSN ID is "T-Ghost-"

:lol

A deposit for a piece of shit truck?

darkwing

ElyrionX said:
Since the GT5 save is protected, I read earlier in the thread that the only way to backup my save would be to use the PS3 Backup utility. Is that right? If that's the case, what does the PS3 backup utility do? Does it copy all my save files over? What else does it copy over? All I've got right now is a 4GB USB flash drive. Will that suffice?

the PS3 backup utility backups everything , i mean everything in your HD, if you have a 60GB data, then you need a 60GB ext drive that is FAT32 formatted

Dead Man

BobTheFork said:
No matter what I do I can't win the b-spec J-classic races, and those 3 are the only one in beginner I can't win. Neither of my drivers can even get close no matter what car I give them or how fast I make it.
Have you tried the Dome Zero? I had to tune that up quite a bit to win those.

ElyrionX

darkwing said:
the PS3 backup utility backups everything , i mean everything in your HD, if you have a 60GB data, then you need a 60GB ext drive that is FAT32 formatted

WTF. *sigh*.

A patch to allow for manual backing up of just the GT5 save is coming out soon right?

Ranger X

ElyrionX said:
WTF. *sigh*.

A patch to allow for manual backing up of just the GT5 save is coming out soon right?

I never ever seen a game patched for this and I'm 99,9% sure it won't happen. You will have to live with it.

BobTheFork said:

If you have won the 'like the wind' races in extreme series A-Spec you can use the Minolta Toyota race car you win. It is very easy with that :D

Huggers

Mush said:
If you're still online I'll give you my truck fo free.

(actually, some paint would be nice, but my offer stands ;)

Nah it's cool thanks, I did the truck race ages ago, just thought it was funny, I may as well offer my truck for free too if anyone wants it.
Deposit required

T Ghost

ElyrionX said:
Am I the only one who experiences massive difficulties driving stock FR cars? From the MX5 to the M3 and now the ZR1. My B Spec guy can win the American championship in Professional but I can't seem to do it myself in A Spec because the ZR1 keeps spinning out when I'm just a little careless with the throttle. My settings are TC 5 and ABS 1 with everything else off. Any tips?

Sounds to me that you have way more HP than Grip/balance. If that's the case, you can fix it by either souping up your suspension and tires or toning down your engine.

It's harder but not impossible to control FR in the game. With the DFGT I can control literally anything up to level 16 with TCS zero and ABS zero. With the DS3 I need some ABS in a handfull of 500+HP cars. Also I don't drive with anything but sport softs. Anything else and you have to drive like if you were over a frozen lake.

Additionally make sure that the brakes are balanced. Most of the oversteer at turns in GT5 starts in the unbalanced breaking that takes the car out of it's front/back/side momentum balance. Then we (mistakenly) think that we "f. it up" at the exit by just touching the throttle. What really happens is that the car was already unbalanced and over the grip limit by the time that you hit the apex.

To avoid that, try set the brake balance to F=2-3/R=0-1. Brakes are TOOOOOOO strong in GT5 compared to other console simulators. In very, very rare instances more than 2-3 brakes are needed in the game (Rally not counting).

Finally turn off the ABS and learn how to drive without it. It's a pain in the neck in the beginning but it's really worth the while. Once you learn how to use the brake pedal with moderation and balance you find out that you can decrease your stopping time/lenght at the entrance of each turn significantly, brake later (perfect for overtaking people that rely heavily on high ABS settings) and improve your lap times in the same proportion.

T Ghost

Huggers said:
:lol

A deposit for a piece of shit truck?
Have you realized how hard is to get a f.. truck in this game? No premium and the used dealer is a japanese car fest, hates anything american that's not a classic muscle.

Huggers

T Ghost said:
Have you realized how hard is to get a f.. truck in this game? No premium and the used dealer is a jap fest, hates anything american that's not a classic muscle.

Yeah I have been playing it a lot. I got two trucks very easily, one I bought and one I won for a license test, didn't seem too tricky to me

Also, not sure about some of the language in there...

T Ghost

Huggers said:
Yeah I have been playing it a lot. I got two trucks very easily, one I bought and one I won for a license test, didn't seem too tricky to me

Also, not sure about some of the language in there...
You are f.. kidding me!!! :lol

I'm the MASTER of spending money on cars that I'll win in a race down the road in this game!!

I bought a Sleighty and got one less than an hour later. I bought a frigging Ferrari California just to win one the next day. Now you are breaking the news that I waited for 2 weeks for a truck to show up when you get one by completing a license test... :lol My kharma sucks! What license is? I have it all the way till the IC completed.

Mush said:
I'd edit that if I were you.
Thanks for the heads up. I live in US but I'm originally from São Paulo, Brazil. SP houses the largest colony of japanese immigrants in the whole world, I was born in the japan-town neighbourhood of São Paulo, "Bairro da Liberdade" and we freely used the term with no derrogatory means at all in SP. Is it in the US or Europe that the term has a derrogatory mean?

T Ghost said:
Have you realized how hard is to get a f.. truck in this game? No premium and the used dealer is a japanese car fest, hates anything american that's not a classic muscle.

You can´t be seriously asking money to borrow an in game car. Sorry, but that´s ridiculous.

I got one truck even before i started the actual game. You get one for doing licenses. You can win the truck races both on a-spec and b-spec with that 1500 Ram.

If you think the truck is hard, wait until you have to buy the Formula GT. I´m almost at level 23 and i´ve never seen one in the used lot.

Mush

T Ghost said:
You are f.. kidding me!!! :lol

I'm the MASTER of spending money on cars that I'll win in a race down the road in this game!!

I bought a Sleighty and got one less than an hour later. I bought a frigging Ferrari California just to win one the next day. Now you are breaking the news that I waited for 2 weeks for a truck to show up when you get one by completing a license test... :lol My kharma sucks! What license is? I have it all the way till the IC completed.
International A.

dwebo

albz74 said:
Hi guys,

Any word on full G27 compatibility with the game ?
LED RPM indicators, paddle shifters, and clutch all work without any tinkering. There's no button configuration, though it might be patched in later.

AdvanS13 said:
never got this answered. does the wing and aero in gt auto affect any handling? or is it purely cosmetic?
It adds aerodynamics to the body/chassis tab in the tuning section, which does affect handling.

T Ghost

seattle6418 said:
You can´t be seriously asking money to borrow an in game car. Sorry, but that´s ridiculous.

I got one truck even before i started the actual game. You get one for doing licenses. You can win the truck races both on a-spec and b-spec with that 1500 Ram.

If you think the truck is hard, wait until you have to buy the Formula GT. I´m almost at level 23 and i´ve never seen one in the used lot.

I'm not asking for any money for anything in any shape of form. You should read my whole original post. You CLEARLY didn't. Read then post.

AdvanS13 said:
never got this answered. does the wing and aero in gt auto affect any handling? or is it purely cosmetic?

It does if it gives the aero adjustment in the tunning section. It increases the downforce and the drag, giving the car more grip and less final speed.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
dwebo said:
LED RPM indicators, paddle shifters, and clutch all work without any tinkering. There's no button configuration, though it might be patched in later.

It adds aerodynamics to the body/chassis tab in the tuning section, which does affect handling.
great, thank you

Double D

So, there's no 'Classic' Japanese cars in the used dealers. Can someone give me one or let me borrow something so I can complete the races in the Beginners set? PSN:ShartyMcFly
Thanks!

Tycho_b

dwebo said:

Great, thanks. Still no idea why top of the line Logitech hardware doesn't have native support.

Dead Man

Vik_Vaughn said:
So, there's no 'Classic' Japanese cars in the used dealers. Can someone give me one or let me borrow something so I can complete the races in the Beginners set? PSN:ShartyMcFly
Thanks!
If you can A spec this Supercar Nostalgia Cup: Dome Zero Concept ’78 (S) you should be good to go.

Steroyd

For the sake of keeping my RAGEHOL levels down, someone please please tell me there's an all encompassing NASCAR that blows the others away, I can't believe I missed out on gold for the NASCAR series on the last lap of the last race in the tournament, B-spec of course.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to shave my head clean go into a meditating position and have some classical music playing in the background and pray for a fast reply before SOMETHING flies through the window.

GodofWine

BobTheFork said:

The Orange Bluebird isn't winning for you??? :lol I found it JUST enough to get by that race without spending more cash

I think I was spoiled with my 2 drivers, they just win.

Team Hertz-Wang, super team.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm trying to get my b-spec driver to win the 2nd historic race on expert but some chapparell 2j race car always wins it. Last race my driver followed the leading car for 5 laps and never passed him :(
I've given him a fully upgraded toyota 7, maybe I should try the RM '69 camero next...

roxya

Do any of the Extreme races have weather or nighttime (except for tracks that are night-only)?

I'm kinda... not sure if disappointed is right, but certainly surprised, that the first 4 series of A-Spec don't use those features at all. Plus the fact that there aren't any A-Spec rally events, when GT4 had a whole section just for rally. I just wonder why these features are only used in special events.

h3ro

T Ghost said:
Hit me with a FR and I'll lend if you give me a "deposit". I'll return your deposit when you return my F150. It's already souped up to be competitive in the truck challenge. The PSN ID is "T-Ghost-"

boo this man.

h3ro

Alucrid said:
Where's GAF's girl?

No clue, but I have a brand new truck that I'm going to start sending around later on today.

dronde PM'd me about it last night and I'll send it off to him today.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
i have a truck as well. i can lend it later 8pm+ pst....if anyone needs one at the time.

edit: wish we had a livery editor (jk)....so i could put "gaf whore truck" on the side:lol

Dead Man

If anyone really needs a truck I have a extra Ram that has not been modded. PM me, or friend me on PSN, id is in my profile.

Edit - Gone.

GodofWine

roxya said:
Do any of the Extreme races have weather or nighttime (except for tracks that are night-only)?

I'm kinda... not sure if disappointed is right, but certainly surprised, that the first 4 series of A-Spec don't use those features at all. Plus the fact that there aren't any A-Spec rally events, when GT4 had a whole section just for rally. I just wonder why these features are only used in special events.

Just cause this can't be said enough...I quote it.

Steroyd said:
For the sake of keeping my RAGEHOL levels down, someone please please tell me there's an all encompassing NASCAR that blows the others away, I can't believe I missed out on gold for the NASCAR series on the last lap of the last race in the tournament, B-spec of course.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to shave my head clean go into a meditating position and have some classical music playing in the background and pray for a fast reply before SOMETHING flies through the window.
My B-spec guy won at Daytona by .009. It was intense, I caught the guy with a draft around the last bend. For the championship, adjust your gear ratios per track.

Firewire said:
My second b-spec driver is a pile of dog crap. Guy spins out doing 20mph every corner. :(

My main driver was crap. I'm now tutoring one that is more hotheaded but at least tries to overtake his opponent.

Can't win british lightweights with my Tuscan Speed 6. Every change I made only made the car worse. 200000cr for tuning well fucking spend

AAAAAARGH

Just had a B-Spec photo finish on my third attempt at the second race in the Supercar Nostalgia Cup. Soooo many lead changes and even a wipeout on the second to last lap between my car and the other top 2 cars battling with me for first, it was actually just as exciting as any of my A-Spec races have been :lol . My B-Spec driver is gonna give me an ulcer soon at this rate! I am really digging B-Spec and never expected I would enjoy it.

Rengoku

It does not matter if you do not get an opportunity to drive this car in the real world.
If you can dream about it and own the Sony Playstation 3 , you can drive the car in the virtual world.
The 1M Coupe will be offered in the near future as a special download for Gran Turismo 5.

Sweet!

Top Bottom