• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Steroyd

roxya said:
Do any of the Extreme races have weather or nighttime (except for tracks that are night-only)?

I'm kinda... not sure if disappointed is right, but certainly surprised, that the first 4 series of A-Spec don't use those features at all. Plus the fact that there aren't any A-Spec rally events, when GT4 had a whole section just for rally. I just wonder why these features are only used in special events.

There's a race in the European event on extreme where Suzuka(?) has it pissing down, but other than that it's mostly been dry.

h3ro

T Ghost said:
I don't trust on random neoGAF people. Too burned from people from here to do so. Sorry.

Understandable. At the same time, once you're done with the Aspec and Bspec truck races, you don't really need it anymore.

Also, if someone on GAF screws you over, you can put them on blast. :lol

Dead Man

PetriP-TNT said:
Can't win british lightweights with my Tuscan Speed 6. Every change I made only made the car worse. 200000cr for tuning well fucking spend

AAAAAARGH
Try the Motorsport Elise if you see one in the used cars.

PetriP-TNT said:
Can't win british lightweights with my Tuscan Speed 6. Every change I made only made the car worse. 200000cr for tuning well fucking spend

AAAAAARGH

The new premium Elise with minimal upgrades can win pretty handily. I think all I did was add the chip, cheap exhaust and intake and a set of sport softs. A lot of fun to drive too.

-viper-

Banned
i seem to have lost all of my 'driving skills' on the wheel.

i seem to crash on every single lap and lose control on every single lap. it's frustrating me :(

if i drive carefully, i appear to be too slow. if i try to drive fast, i end up flying into the walls.

T Ghost

h3ro said:
Understandable. At the same time, once you're done with the Aspec and Bspec truck races, you don't really need it anymore.

Also, if someone on GAF screws you over, you can put them on blast. :lol

I'm scared of NeoGAF. You farth in the wrong direction here and you're banned for months. Specially for someone not from US/UK. it's really easy to say something that you didn't have a clue that someone would think is offensive. On the other side some people get away with everything and a kitchen sink, real hate speech. Don't get what's the deal here. So I avoid at all costs to post here. I read this forum for years and years daily but rarely post unless I really have something to add or to ask for. Now put some other user here on blast? NEVER! I'l probably be sent a group of killer ninjas to "take care" of me in my sleep. NeoGAF is a scary forum with a lot of unfriendly people...

About the truck, yeah, I'll need it for the B-Spec that I didn't even started and will not start until I finish A-Spec. And it'was REALLY hard to come by, nobody from my friend's list had one, so I treasure it not for the value but for how hard was to find one to buy.

EUSZ0l.jpg

OK I am ready to pimp her out. Convince me you are worthy of borrowing Pam

h3ro

T Ghost said:
I'm scared of NeoGAF. You farth in the wrong direction here and you're banned for months. Specially for someone not from US/UK. it's really easy to say something that you didn't have a clue that someone would think is offensive. On the other side some people get away with everything and a kitchen sink, real hate speech. Don't get what's the deal here. So I avoid at all costs to post here. I read this forum for years and years daily but rarely post unless I really have something to add or to ask for. Now put some other user here on blast? NEVER! I'l probably be sent a group of killer ninjas to "take care" of me in my sleep. NeoGAF is a scary forum with a lot of unfriendly people...

About the truck, yeah, I'll need it for the B-Spec that I didn't even started and will not start until I finish A-Spec. And it'was REALLY hard to come by, nobody from my friend's list had one, so I treasure it not for the value but for how hard was to find one to buy.

No problem bud. I'm sorry you feel like this place isn't friendly because I feel the opposite. Sure there are morons in random threads, but game/community based threads are filled with people who just enjoy gaming, not so much the media/fanboy drivel. It's all in good fun (which was what my "boo this man" comment was, just kidding around).

Don't worry about the truck. Looks like we have a few going around now. Enjoy the game and definitely don't be scared to post on here.

captscience said:
The new premium Elise with minimal upgrades can win pretty handily. I think all I did was add the chip, cheap exhaust and intake and a set of sport softs. A lot of fun to drive too.
I got a standard Elise... maybe I'll buy the new one if I somehow can't win with that TVR. Thanks.

PetriP-TNT said:

AAAAAARGH

I made the same mistake of giving this to my b-spec driver, and i was irritated he couldn´t win. I tried on a-spec with the same tires he was using and i understood why:lol

I gave him the Catherham 7, and it was like taking candy from children.

Perfect car for the lightweight event. I was overtaking Elises and other Lotuses and saying "weight is enemy blah blah blah, screw you Colin Chapman, you got nothing for my 369kg little beast".

T Ghost said:

You ask for a deposit to borrow a car and suddently we are the jackasses?:lol

Dude, i´m not from the US either and i know for experience that you only gonna get crap here if you talk crap.

Maybe you meant something else with "deposit", but still, it was a bit too much for an in game car rent.

Dead Man

seattle6418 said:
You ask for a deposit to borrow a car and suddently we are the jackasses?:lol

Dude, i´m not from the US either and i know for experience that you only gonna get crap here if you talk crap.

Maybe you meant something else with "deposit", but still, it was a bit too much for an in game car rent.
All he meant was a security, something other posters have asked for for rare cars.

BeeDog said:
Alright, thanks. How much tuning is needed to slaughter the rest of the pack?

I just tuned it enough so that it had a few more HP than the competitors. I didn't win by a mile (although I still won with ease), but I also didn't have to waste many credits on tuning a car that I don't plan on using anymore.

BeeDog said:
Alright, thanks. How much tuning is needed to slaughter the rest of the pack?

Maybe that´s why i´m always broke on this game. Every car i hand to b-spec is upgraded to the max or whatever funds i have at the moment. On the Mini i spent nearly 200k.

I just don´t like giving chances to b-spec guys, because everytime i try to be cheap on the tuning they lose.

CozMick

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Should've released this a month before the game's release...

Yeah, seems daft releasing it now.

It would also make a fantastic tv advert, the current UK one is utter utter tripe.

h3ro

Mush said:
The usual. New ECU, Racing Air Filter, Sports Exhaust, Sports Catalyst Converter.

Any more spots left in your SuperGT league? Do we have to buy a liveried car or can I run my Stealth GT-R? I'm a Nissan guy, so I'd prefer to race the GT-R if there is one available. :D

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm just not sure if my schedule will me to constantly make race times. I don't want to take a spot away from someone who will be there constantly.

GodofWine

seattle6418 said:
I just don´t like giving chances to b-spec guys, because everytime i try to be cheap on the tuning they lose.

My strategy on being cheap it that I give my bspec drivers the car that my aspec driver (me) won the event with.

And I have him run the first race, if he doesn't win, his winnings (usualy 2nd-4th place) go back into the car...repeat until he wins (I profit 100% on the 1st place finish)...rinse, lather, repeat, profit.

It takes more time, but it also brings me in under 'full tuned' budget. So far my guys have not needed cars that were to incredibly over powered to win.

Dead Man

GodofWine said:
My strategy on being cheap it that I give my bspec drivers the car that my aspec driver (me) won the event with.

And I have him run the first race, if he doesn't win, his winnings (usualy 2nd-4th place) go back into the car...repeat until he wins (I profit 100% on the 1st place finish)...rinse, lather, repeat, profit.

It takes more time, but it also brings me in under 'full tuned' budget. So far my guys have not needed cars that were to incredibly over powered to win.
Clever, if you have the patience.

Mush

h3ro said:
Any more spots left in your SuperGT league? Do we have to buy a liveried car or can I run my Stealth GT-R? I'm a Nissan guy, so I'd prefer to race the GT-R if there is one available. :D

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm just not sure if my schedule will me to constantly make race times. I don't want to take a spot away from someone who will be there constantly.
Oh, a customer?! :D

Well, all the cars have already been reserved but you can still buddy up and co-drive with them (so basically you share the car for the season, doing 4 out of the 8 races each.)

Get in contact with one of these guys below, and if you could, encourage others to buddy up as well. I'd really appreciate it.

TheAzRim - GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT, '08
GodofWine - Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC, '97
TylerD - SC430 Petronas Tom's Super GT, '08
l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
UFRA - GT-R WoodOne Advan Clarion Super GT, '08
Salacious Crumb - GT-R YellowHat YMS Tomica Super GT, '08
mil6es - NSX Epson Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

Leunam

I think the trade thread is dead so I'll ask in here. Anyone want to trade paint? I've got an ugly chameleon paint that someone might get a kick out of. Don't know the name off hand, but if you look at the Toyota FT-86 concept, the race spec'd one, it's the green/mustard/brown color. PM me if you're interested. I'd have to trade it tomorrow since I need to send h3ro his Matte Dark Blue tonight.

Mush said:
Get in contact with one of these guys below, and if you could, encourage others to buddy up as well. I'd really appreciate it.

Team up with Crumbs, he's top three in our F1 league and he's damned fantastic. >.>

/shill

gutterboy44 said:
When you send paint do you get to keep it too? ^ great avatar

Nope.

And thanks. :)

PetriP-TNT said:

AAAAAARGH
I used the Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 for that one. I think I pretty much had to tune it to the max after failing a few times. I fear my B-spec driver will need something even more powerful :(

Az

Damn this ZR1 is a beast. I would love to get a good tune from someone. Mine works kind of but it's still a bit hard to control

TheAzRim said:
Damn this ZR1 is a beast. I would love to get a good tune from someone. Mine works kind of but it's still a bit hard to control

Have you done a race mod on it? That's all you need to do to completely transform it from a handling perspective.

GodofWine

Mush said:
Oh, a customer?! :D

Well, all the cars have already been reserved but you can still buddy up and co-drive with them (so basically you share the car for the season, doing 4 out of the 8 races each.)

TheAzRim - GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT, '08
GodofWine - Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC, '97
TylerD - SC430 Petronas Tom's Super GT, '08
l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
UFRA - GT-R WoodOne Advan Clarion Super GT, '08
Salacious Crumb - GT-R YellowHat YMS Tomica Super GT, '08
mil6es - NSX Epson Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

I want a car length head start for every year older my car is that the rest!! :lol

Mush

Leunam said:
Team up with Crumbs, he's top three in our F1 league and he's damned fantastic. >.>

/shill
Hey, you're stepping on my turf, pal! :p

Leunam, would youuuuuuuuu like to participate in the League? I saw you postin' in the League thread before :3

Yoritomo

CozMick said:
Some people just can't appreciate what Polyphony are doing to the driving genre.

If it wasn't for these guys we'd be stuck playing against 7 ooponents, on tarmac in a sunny climate.

But now, the next iterations of the driving simulator (e.g Forza, NFS etc) have to push the bar even higher and to be honest I can't see any developer doing what PD have done this gen.

Removing those above mentioned features is a massive step back.

The driving genre exists outside of consoles. :lol If it weren't for those PC guys we'd be stuck hunting for private lobbies with sub 60 fps, sub hd, single screen, peripheral limited, tearing, sub standard driving models, low quality textures, poor collision physics, blocky shadows, limited FFB, the lack of a safety rating system, bad ui, poor default setups for the majority of cars, etc etc...

GT is fun as hell but it ain't the pinnacle in any area but photo taking. You could easily argue that it's the pinnacle of fun for simlike racing games though. I'm definitely enjoying myself but I'm not under any delusions as to the limitations of the game or how it could be improved.

Leunam

Mush said:
Hey, your stepping on my turf, pal! :p

Leunam, would youuuuuuuuu like to participate in the League? I saw you postin' in the League thread before :3

I would, but I doubt I'll have a car by the time you guys get started. I'm progressing fairly slowly. However, if you do a second season count me in.

Maybe if there is one spot open the day before the deadlines I'll join in. :)

Huggers

gutterboy44 said:
EUSZ0l.jpg

OK I am ready to pimp her out. Convince me you are worthy of borrowing Pam

:lol I'm not sure I could handle Pam

Help me people. Like The Wind, second race, what car do I use?! I keep losing it

Also to the guy who just got the DFGT. So good, it changes the game from amazing to godly

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so .. yeah what the hell , the song in the license tests ( Baby I don't know ) is so amazing ,I went to the track list so that I put it for races , but no , it's not in the list, WTH , why ?

:/

Top Bottom