• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to take a save game round to a friends house and use it on his PS3 as long as I create an account under my PSN ID? They need convincing to get the game, amazingly.

Also, while I'm here does anyone have a Toyota 7 or Chap 2J they can fly my way please? Have a decent amount of cars I could trade or whatever. The used car lot is not being kind to me >.>

I could even trade matte pink for it, don't say that's not tempting.

olbareun

ugh I am 20% through level 20 with 3 mil but the EXP is sooooo slow. is there faster way of leveling up other than grinding same track over and over? (I am saving money for FGT but I am sure I wil have more than enough by 24 at this rate)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
mrnorush said:
ugh I am 20% through level 20 with 3 mil but the EXP is sooooo slow. is there faster way of leveling up other than grinding same track over and over? (I am saving money for FGT but I am sure I wil have more than enough by 24 at this rate)
Seasonal bonus events.

Started doing the Vettel challenges....hard as fuck! (using DFGT)

Got all bronze during the weekend, then got a gold on Monza yesterday (cheating the chicanes of course haha). Suzuka and Nurb are a bit too hard right now, but I think I'll be able to do it.

You also get a shitload of xp from these things.

Question: does anyone want to trade a Chapparal 2J ? Doesn't show up in the used for weeks damn. I can trade a X1 S.Vettel , FGT, Toyota 7, 330 Ferrari, Jag XJ13 or whatever. Also maybe one of those X1s from the silver/gold medal Vettel challenges, just so I can look at them in photomode.

PSN ID is StevePharma.

offshore

After the next seasonal's hit on Thursday, I should finally be up to Level 30. Can't wait to check out the X2010 challenges.

Plus I just discovered the X2010 has it's own Wiki page; and when you're on Wiki, you know you've made it.

TTG

offshore said:
After the next seasonal's hit on Thursday

We have a date? Sweet. I hope they just go all out with end game level cars for all 5 at some point. Ferrari formula cars, Le Mans Puegeot and Audis, Red Bull x1... I want them all in there.

TTG said:
We have a date? Sweet. I hope they just go all out with end game level cars for all 5 at some point. Ferrari formula cars, Le Mans Puegeot and Audis, Red Bull x1... I want them all in there.
The date and time is when the old one ends, which is listed in the game.

blu

Angst said:
I got to level 30 yesterday and tried the X2010 challenge.

:-(
Disliked it in principle? Too hard? Too easy? Wrong livery?

Angst

blu said:
Disliked it in principle? Too hard? Too easy? Wrong livery?
Too hard by far. If you look at the wheel the wrong way you're off the track. If you think about turning into a corner you're already way too late and will hit the wall. Granted I only tried it for a couple of minutes and I suppose I might master it. Think Wipeout on Go-kart tracks...

blu

Angst said:
Too hard by far. If you look at the wheel the wrong way you're off the track. If you think about turning into a corner you're already way too late and will hit the wall. Granted I only tried it for a couple of minutes and I suppose I might master it. Think Wipeout on Go-kart tracks...
Funny, as 'The Wipeout-mobile' is how I've been referring to that vehicle for some time now : )

edit:

Apropos, trading Mazda #48 museum card (787B on the race track, really nice photo) for another Group C, CanAm or LM museum card.

Schmitty

Ok, how do I go about changing my tires on my car back to racing after having to use sport for a bore spec race? I'm in the tuning menu and keep selecting racing softs, but it just keeps giving me a description of the item. I am pulling my hair out right now.

Schmitty said:
Ok, how do I go about changing my tires on my car back to racing after having to use sport for a bore spec race? I'm in the tuning menu and keep selecting racing softs, but it just keeps giving me a description of the item. I am pulling my hair out right now.

It's in the same menu as the Driving Aids (forgot what it's called).

Shaneus

Well, thanks to the fantastic game design in GT5, I've *maybe* played it for an hour or two while my B-spec is doing his thing. Brilliant, PD slowclap.gif

Schmitty

Any tips for Suzuka in the rain in the Super GT event? I use rain tires and I'm still sliding and just can't seem to keep up with the competition in the GTR.

avaya

Shaneus said:
Well, thanks to the fantastic game design in GT5, I've *maybe* played it for an hour or two while my B-spec is doing his thing. Brilliant, PD slowclap.gif

I despise B-spec on a deep deep deep level. I need to do Le Mans nearly 10 times to get to Lvl40 from 35.

Shaneus

avaya said:
I despise B-spec on a deep deep deep level. I need to do Le Mans nearly 10 times to get to Lvl40 from 35.
The worst thing is, is that the TV viewing in my loungeroom is controlled by, you guessed it, PlayTV. Which I can't use BECAUSE MY PS3 IS FUCKING DOING BSPEC. Currently I have to plan 9 hours ahead to think of anything I might want to watch on free to air... once I hit level 35 I'll have to think a full day ahead.

Uuuuuuugh.

Seriously, I can't stress enough just how much I hate the design of this game. What sort of game rewards you for progressing by preventing you from playing it for ever-lengthening periods of time?

brentech

I hadn't tried any of the GT TV content till now, really enjoyed the 'Racing at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring'. Good stuff and good quality.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
I hadn't tried any of the GT TV content till now, really enjoyed the 'Racing at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring'. Good stuff and good quality.

No subtitles. :(

brentech

TheSeks said:
No subtitles. :(
In terms of the whole thing? Cause there was English translation available whenever Kaz was talking, at the least. I know there was another Japanese driver that the subtitles/translation appeared for as well.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Grand Valley Speedway?
Nah, it looked kind of like that, but all the footage I saw was going from one end of the bridge, turning around the dividing strip and then racing back the other way. It looked a bit like that massive bridge they went to in Top Gear.

Dead Man said:
Nah, it looked kind of like that, but all the footage I saw was going from one end of the bridge, turning around the dividing strip and then racing back the other way. It looked a bit like that massive bridge they went to in Top Gear.

The hell... oO I never saw that.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
The hell... oO I never saw that.
Yeah, google is not helping me find a list of the demos, it keeps throwing up old videos of demo builds, is there anywhere in the game you can play them?

Dead Man said:
Yeah, google is not helping me find a list of the demos, it keeps throwing up old videos of demo builds, is there anywhere in the game you can play them?

No. Was this a race replay or one of those elaborate demos like the engine or the SEMA ars in the warehouse? Main menu can also display replays if it's enabled in the options.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
No. Was this a race replay or one of those elaborate demos like the engine or the cars in the SEMA warehouse? Main menu can also display replays if it's enabled in the options.
It looked like a race replay. It had a Ford GT and a couple other cars running what looked like a race around the dividing strip on a bridge. I just clicked out of it by habit, wish I had watched it it closer for longer.

Edit: Shit, now I'm second guessing myself. I can't find anything online about it. Maybe I have been smoking too much crack.

Ugh, how do people cope with doing the full endurance races? I'm doing 15 minutes at a time on the early ones and I'm bored out of my tiny little skull.

Blech.

The UCD is not being kind to my funds at the moment. Currently listed:
Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 730,009
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R '01 737,880
Camaro LM Race Car 1,975,750
Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car #91 '00 1,998,280

The Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 is also there but that is currently in the Online Dealership. Also 5 others over 100,000Cr. Fuuuuuuuuu

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Psychotext said:
Ugh, how do people cope with doing the full endurance races? I'm doing 15 minutes at a time on the early ones and I'm bored out of my tiny little skull.

Blech.

Endurance races aren't for everyone.

But they'd be better if there was some back and forth, not like GT5's "LAP EVERYONE AND DO IT FOR FOUR/SIX/TWENTY-FOUR HOURS LOLZ"

So according to the news update we should be getting new seasonals tomorrow morning and the possible launch of the "Driver's Club?"

Any hints as to what that might be?

captscience said:
So according to the news update we should be getting new seasonals tomorrow morning and the possible launch of the "Driver's Club?"

Any hints as to what that might be?

Similar events like the Seasonal Ones only with some possible real prizes?

For anyone that doesn't know what we're talking about:
IMG_1618.jpg

The game just keeps on giving!

I hope this isn't a region locked event though

Just went through doing a few of the race mod cars. Great idea. I'd have loved to have seen more race mod shitboxes like the cappuccino though. Perhaps a race modded Fiat 500 R '72 or Suzuki Wagon R. :)

brentech

Psychotext said:
Just went through doing a few of the race mod cars. Great idea. I'd have loved to have seen more race mod shitboxes like the cappuccino though. Perhaps a race modded Fiat 500 R '72 or Suzuki Wagon R. :)
Yeah, spent some time going through getting a bunch done yesterday and a bit today. Think I still have 5 more to go. Some are pretty sweet looking.

TTG

Psychotext said:

I actually would of liked to see a modded GTR or something. Good thing they had the vette considering there was no real C6R. I would of liked a DB9 GT1 Le Mans race prep thing as well, but I guess they forgot. Actually, they left out a lot of Le Mans cars, no 430 Ferraris either.

Toxa

ErnieMcCracken said:
The UCD is not being kind to my funds at the moment. Currently listed:
Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 730,009
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R '01 737,880
Camaro LM Race Car 1,975,750

The Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 is also there but that is currently in the Online Dealership. Also 5 others over 100,000Cr. Fuuuuuuuuu

buy it, Team Oreca FTW this car is insanely good

darkwing said:
maybe its called Special Events in the UK

No. It seems the Driver's Club really is for US only...

FIX THIS SHIT PD!

The EU news however says we may get new Special Events in the future, but I'm sure those won't be EU exclusive, and they'll notify us on the news section when they arrive.

Top Bottom