• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Need some assistance. Can anyone here dupe me any of the following?

Audi - R8 Race Car '01

Will happily send any car / paint in return (I have a pretty good selection).

(PSN: Textuality)

Dead Man

Psychotext said:

Amuse - S2000 R1 '04
Audi - R8 Race Car '01
Nissan - R92CP Race Car '92

I've got the Nissan, maybe one of the others, I'll let you know when I can check tomorrow.

I've got silver chrome. I could have sworn I had an orange chrome too, but I must have given it away.

Oh, and I've got 8 different colour shift and 19 different matte chips.

wud

Neo Member
wud said:
Really need any Redbull X1, any mileage, can have a ruined body and no engine rebuild etc

Got Matte Dark Blue, Light Gray, Dark Silver, Green, Light Red and Dark Red paint chips to trade. Got the 787b to trade aswell

PSN: Ramiro_Pez

no-one have an X1 to dupe or anything?

lol... another day of refreshing the used car dealership to get the last few cars. I don't have the words to describe how much I hate that system.

So did I make a mistake but buying the regular Z06 and race modifying it or should I have gotten the ZR1?

I'm still early in the game and pretty much did it for a seasonal event.

Schmitty

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
So did I make a mistake but buying the regular Z06 and race modifying it or should I have gotten the ZR1?

Should have gotten ZR1

Nostalgic Nightmare said:

I used the Z06 for a couple later races, namely the American Championship in the Extreme races I think it is. And a few others, I forget which at the moment. The American one gives out a nice amount for first too, like over 100,000 so it's not bad to grind with a car like Z06 when you need some quick cash.

TTG

FF Challenge
FR Challenge
4WD Challenge
Ferrari Formula Challenge(and I just bought a F2007, sweet!)

3 races each. There are no rewards listed, so I wonder what they are... and I won't be able to play 'till late tonight. This is interesting.

brentech

My PS3 is tied up with a Les Mans 24h event, but reading GTPlanet, it sounds like the rewards are pretty much like A-Spec values. The difference is that they're repeatable for CR and XP.

Shaneus

ErnieMcCracken said:
New events are up!
Yessss! You mean seasonals, don't you?

Edit: Ferrari Formula challenge? Does that mean you need to have at least 10mil (or whatever the minimum Ferrari F1 costs) to participate?

TTG said:
FF Challenge
FR Challenge
4WD Challenge
Ferrari Formula Challenge(and I just bought a F2007, sweet!)

3 races each. There are no rewards listed, so I wonder what they are... and I won't be able to play 'till late tonight. This is interesting.

Is this in the seasonals or is it the Driver's Club thing?

brentech

Shaneus said:
Yessss! You mean seasonals, don't you?

Edit: Ferrari Formula challenge? Does that mean you need to have at least 10mil (or whatever the minimum Ferrari F1 costs) to participate?
Sounds like it.
12 races this time...
3 races each for 200hp FF
300hp FR
400hp 4WD
Ferrari Formula cars.
GTP saying 113,000CR payout for the F1 Races.
And apparently those aren't HP restrictions, but just recommended specs for that type of vehicle.

Lots of complaining about the reduced payouts for the races - even if they are repeatable. Essentially a bunch of people that don't care about driving and just want a PSN trophy...

Not going to act like nice payouts are stupid, but I don't see why people are playing the game if they don't enjoy it. Move the hell on to something else if you don't have the interest anymore. Just glad there is more to do as I often take different cars into A-Spec events and see how they do.

Just did the FR Challenge and the payouts weren't that great:
Deep Forest (5 Laps)
19,700Cr
4020XP

Suzuka (3 Laps)
19,700Cr
3980XP

Cape Ring (5 Laps)
24,200Cr
4890XP

Probably better off grinding Like The Wind... The old seasonals were awesome payouts and helped eliminate some the necessary grinding.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
Lots of complaining about the reduced payouts for the races - even if they are repeatable. Essentially a bunch of people that don't care about driving and just want a PSN trophy...

... Or don't want to grind to 40 because it takes forFUCKINGever to get there with the EXP they give at higher level races. >:|

centracore

Would anyone be willing to dupe me a good race car? I'm kind of at a standstill in both A-Spec and B-spec.. stuck on the 'Like The Wind' event. I was going to ask for advice and then saw all the talk about duping!

Schmitty

Seasonals are disappointing. They really have a problem with progression in this game and the prior seasonals helped make it a bit easier.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metalmurphy said:
That's what he said. "... just want a trophy". :p

Is there anything after level 35 that's given?

30 is X1 event
35 is free X1 (in B-spec)
40???

Anyway, the EXP in seaosonals was a level per seasonal after level 25 or so. So it was nice. I ain't mad, just disappointed as now I'm gonna have to grind longer to 40. *sigh*

Dead Man

brentech said:
Sounds like it.

GTP saying 113,000CR payout for the F1 Races.
And apparently those aren't HP restrictions, but just recommended specs for that type of vehicle.

Not going to act like nice payouts are stupid, but I don't see why people are playing the game if they don't enjoy it. Move the hell on to something else if you don't have the interest anymore. Just glad there is more to do as I often take different cars into A-Spec events and see how they do.
Or, not wanting to have to run the same race 200 times before getting the cost of your car back.

Shaneus

TheSeks said:

30 is X1 event
40???

Anyway, the EXP in seaosonals was a level per seasonal after level 25 or so. So it was nice. I ain't mad, just disappointed as now I'm gonna have to grind longer to 40. *sigh*
My brother hit 40 B-spec and other than a trophy and a car (the other McLaren, not the F1) there didn't seem to be anything extra unlocked. Don't take that as gospel, but I'd guess that if anything *did* unlock, it would've popped up with something (like when the X1 challenge was unlocked).

brentech

Just to clarify, it's not to say I didn't like the high CR reward and wouldn't like it now....I was just trying to express that I simply wouldn't be playing the game if I didn't enjoy it.
I don't look at it as "running the same race [x] times" because I need the CR, I just do it because I want drive/race.

Same goes for any other game I play. I play for fun, if I'm not having any, I stop playing it...

I'm sure we have a lot of completionists out there and I can understand your pain if that's the case, but outside of that, I don't see why people are in such a rush to do anything. My biggest complaint about these seasonals is that they expire. Since they can be repeated, why not just store them somewhere to be played like any other ASpec event....

Here's my question, why can't they give us a difficulty choice with the seasonals? That way we can either choose for mind numbingly easy with a small payout or challenging with a larger payout.

MGR

I liked the original batch of Seasonals because they were a challenge and had appropriately large payouts.
Then they removed the restrictions making the races far to easy and a bore to complete. But at least the money was good.
Now they are too easy, too boring and pay peanuts.
Bravo Polyphony Digital, Bravo.

If you want to increase the longevity of the game then:
- fix the 'Set to Online' feature to actually let me share my cars for online racing.
- let me race on user generated tracks online.
- let me access my whole garage online, not just the favourites list.

TTG

Ferrari Challenge in Seasonals is awesome! A little easy, but then you get to spin out a couple of times and fight to regain the lead, so that's cool. Plus, I spent so long at the Ring with the X1, I wouldn't expect it to feel hard... I'm ok with gaining a 30 second advantage there. Tokyo is amazing with the F2007 too. The long sweeping corners, that exhilarating feeling you could only get from a street course. Great stuff.

F2007 is one of the best cars in the game, nice to see some events for it.

Dead Man

MGR said:
I liked the original batch of Seasonals because they were a challenge and had appropriately large payouts.
Then they removed the restrictions making the races far to easy and a bore to complete. But at least the money was good.
Now they are too easy, too boring and pay peanuts.
Bravo Polyphony Digital, Bravo.

If you want to increase the longevity of the game then:
- fix the 'Set to Online' feature to actually let me share my cars for online racing.
- let me race on user generated tracks online.
- let me access my whole garage online, not just the favourites list.
- let me create a race offline for cash and exp

jey_16

Banned
crap....there goes my chances of getting the X1 anytime soon :( unless anyone has a spare one? willing to trade something.....

i think i will finish A-Spec extreme and i will be done, i just dont have the time to grind to level 30....i'm on level 27 now

Dead Man

Psychotext said:

Audi - R8 Race Car '01
Nissan - R92CP Race Car '92

You still looking for these?

Dead Man said:
You still looking for these?
Both, though I have a plan to get the Audi (my second account is currently running up the days to get to the appropriate place in the used car dealership). So the R92CP would take priority, but either would be great as I could save a HUGE chunk of time. :)

Dead Man

Psychotext said:
Both, though I have a plan to get the Audi (my second account is currently running up the days to get to the appropriate place in the used car dealership). So the R92CP would take priority, but either would be great as I could save a HUGE chunk of time. :)
Cool, send me friend request and I can send you the Nissan.

TheSeks said:

30 is X1 event
40???

Well, if Kaz is switching to these types of seasonals then I agree that we should also have car rewards.

And if we'll just keep getting new seasonals then I understand the LVL 40 when u finish A-spec at around LVL 30. We'll eventually get there if they just keep throwing new events for us to do.

@Psychotext: Add GT5NRL account to your FL. I'll send you the Audi from there. As long as you give me a chrome :p

jey_16 said:
crap....there goes my chances of getting the X1 anytime soon :( unless anyone has a spare one? willing to trade something.....

i think i will finish A-Spec extreme and i will be done, i just dont have the time to grind to level 30....i'm on level 27 now

Watcha got? :p (add me lol)

Dead Man said:
Cool, send me friend request and I can send you the Nissan.
Metalmurphy said:
@Psychotext: Add GT5NRL account to your FL. I'll send you the Audi from there. As long as you give me a chrome :p

Done and done. You want anything Dead Man? I've got pretty much anything you could think of.

Dead Man

Psychotext said:
Done and done. You want anything Dead Man? I've got pretty much anything you could think of.
Nah, got most of what I want now. Just waiting for you to show up on the list I can send too, I always seem to get a delay before new friends show up.

Psychotext said:
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I accidentally gifted the Audio R8 Race Car Team ORECA one instead of the regular one lol. I'm guessing you don't need that one?

I have both but I won't be able to send the regular one till midnight. :/

Metalmurphy said:
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I accidentally gifted the Audio R8 Race Car Team ORECA one instead of the regular one lol. I'm guessing you don't need that one?

I have both but I won't be able to send the regular one till midnight. :/
Ha, no I don't need that one. Do you want it back, or did you dupe it?

Psychotext said:
Ha, no I don't need that one. Do you want it back, or did you dupe it?
I didn't send it to you yet, I sent it from my main account to the GT5NRL account, so I can just send it back. (even though I also duped it lol)

Top Bottom