• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Dead Man

Psychotext said:
I got the R92CP, thanks Dead Man.

Have sent the paint for you MM.
Nice, you're welcome. I think this is one of my favourite parts of the game now that there are no interesting events.

offshore

Well it looks like I started saving all the seasonal money at just the right time seeing as they changed the seasonal event layout and payout ^_^

Don't think I'd have ever got to 20m otherwise. Least I've got the Ford, Ferrari and Jaguar now. Don't think I'll ever the get X2010 though ^_^

offshore said:
Well it looks like I started saving all the seasonal money at just the right time seeing as they changed the seasonal event layout and payout ^_^

Don't think I'd have ever got to 20m otherwise. Least I've got the Ford, Ferrari and Jaguar now. Don't think I'll ever the get X2010 though ^_^

You're lucky! I went on a bit of a shopping spree after hitting 20 million thinking I could get back with just a week or two of seasonals. Whoops.

I only duped myself a Ferrari not wanting to cheat tooo much. Time to work back up!

offshore

captscience said:
I only duped myself a Ferrari not wanting to cheat tooo much. Time to work back up!
Hehe...I don't usually take advantage of exploits in games, but GT5's credit system has got me so annoyed that I'm duping at will ^_^

Ranger X

offshore said:

Quite exactly what I was thinking. I thought they would continue to let people get nice cash and XP by those events. At least it was helping the TERRIBLE balancing of the main game. But no, they had to fuck up. :(

I don't even know if I will bother to do all the new events, I mean, it's just repetition of what's in the A-Spec mode now.

Bobo

A simple solution; Prize money and EXP should be determined by power to weight ratio plus the combination of the grade of tyres. E.G. AI opponents are running cars with ~300BHP, ~1200KG on sports soft tyres. If you turn up in a ~400bhp, ~900KG and on racing soft tyres, you would get a considerately less amount of Money/EXP than in a ~250bhp, ~1200KG car with sports tyres...

Anyone willing to trade a NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car? I just realised that I have two copies of the Prototype LM Race Car when I thought I had one of each. :(

TTG

I'm still oblivious to this "grinding" you guys are complaining about, unless you consider B-spec grinding. I did do that for the prize cars and to unlock Vettel's 7th circle of hell. I've also bought every car I wanted to, including some genuinely expensive stuff. I haven't started my own Group C or Super GT collection and have no intention of buying every car in the game, so money is not impeding my progress... but is that really an imbalance? You can't expect PD to tune their game for those needs. The leveling system is much more broken than the economy.

Surely people are talking about the levelling when they talk of grinding? Anything past level 28 and it becomes a complete and utter joke. A-spec less than b-spec, but only really by virtue of the high value seasonals, which have now gone the way of the dodo.

CozMick

Banned
Can I please get some tips on the American Championship and NASCAR series in Extreme?

My Nascar is simply shit and it doesn't help that my driver uses it as if he was in the WRC, drifting round every corner.

And the American Championship, hmmm well, My car is slow as fuck :(

900bhp+ Viper SRT and a RM Corvette.

Dead Man

Psychotext said:
Anyone willing to trade a NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car? I just realised that I have two copies of the Prototype LM Race Car when I thought I had one of each. :(
I might be able to help you out there as well. I think I have the road car, but I'll be away from my PS for a few hours. I'll let you know.

I have the LM road car, I'll swap you for the race car?

Ranger X

Bobo said:
A simple solution; Prize money and EXP should be determined by power to weight ratio plus the combination of the grade of tyres. E.G. AI opponents are running cars with ~300BHP, ~1200KG on sports soft tyres. If you turn up in a ~400bhp, ~900KG and on racing soft tyres, you would get a considerately less amount of Money/EXP than in a ~250bhp, ~1200KG car with sports tyres...

It's not the system that is the problem, only the balacing of the system. Winning 10k money at the end of a race when you have 20 million dollar cars is crazy. The game should be balanced that if I win everything, I have enough money to progress without grinding (or very little of it). That's pretty much all I would ask for.

Dead Man said:
I might be able to help you out there as well. I think I have the road car, but I'll be away from my PS for a few hours. I'll let you know.

I have the LM road car, I'll swap you for the race car?
Top notch, thanks. :)

Dead Man

Having played around with the current crop of seasonals, they are fine, they should have just been included as permanent race series. They are the sort of races I wanted from the beginning.

Psychotext said:
Top notch, thanks. :)
Thank you as well.

brentech

Dead Man said:
Having played around with the current crop of seasonals, they are fine, they should have just been included as permanent race series. They are the sort of races I wanted from the beginning.
Same. Did F1 challenges and the FF so far.
Did the first FF with a '05 Golf, but really enjoyed doing the 2nd with a tuned Nissan March. Only gets up to 165hp or so, but it weighs a little less than a 1000kg which makes up the difference.
Took me 3 tries. Probably could of got it on my second, but made a poor decision in getting around the early traffic. On my 3rd I didn't get stuck behind anyone and don't even think I as much as scraped a car. Took the lead inside the tunnel type area on the last lap.
Was fun to do in that little car.

offshore

CozMick said:
Can I please get some tips on the American Championship and NASCAR series in Extreme?
Do an oil change, then turn off all the aids for the NASCAR races. The Daytona race is the best racing in GT5 by an absolute country mile.. it's close and competitive. Don't expect to win it easy; AI usually fish tails you as well. Which most of the time would get on my nerves, but that race I let it slide as I was enjoying it so much.

As for American Championship...you should be winning both races easy in the RM Corvette. Are you sure you've maxed everything out in it?

CozMick

Banned
offshore said:
Do an oil change, then turn off all the aids for the NASCAR races. The Daytona race is the best racing in GT5 by an absolute country mile.. it's close and competitive. Don't expect to win it easy; AI usually fish tails you as well. Which most of the time would get on my nerves, but that race I let it slide as I was enjoying it so much.

As for American Championship...you should be winning both races easy in the RM Corvette. Are you sure you've maxed everything out in it?

I'll try the Nascar tips now.

Once I RM'd the Corvette I am unable to add parts.

Thanks for the info offshore, appreciate it ;)

Angst

CozMick said:
I'll try the Nascar tips now.

Once I RM'd the Corvette I am unable to add parts.

Thanks for the info offshore, appreciate it ;)
No, you can still upgrade the engine and (I think) add a supercharger.

CozMick said:

My Nascar is simply shit and it doesn't help that my driver uses it as if he was in the WRC, drifting round every corner.

And the American Championship, hmmm well, My car is slow as fuck :(

900bhp+ Viper SRT and a RM Corvette.

I need halp on these too (B-Spec, NOT A-Spec)

fu3lfr3nzy said:
I need halp on these too (B-Spec, NOT A-Spec)

I don't remember having trouble with the American Championship, but in NASCAR I think the key was to pit early, especially on Grand Valley. You can pretty much go from last to first in one lap on fresh rubber.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
offshore said:
You don't need to max out anything on the RM ZR1 - just slap on a set of racing softs.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
offshore said:
True enough. I just maxed everything because that A-Spec race is my grind race ^_^
Mine too. But I do the 'long' version - Laguna Seca is my favorite NA track, so I try to make grinding at least some fun. I keep the ZR1 stock, even though by the end of the 1st or mid-2nd lap I'm normally in the lead. Still, that track gives me the occasional lol moment. Last time I was grinding, for instance, I spun right before the final left-hander before the start/finish, and flew uncontrollably right into the pit lane and into the clutches of the dreaded pitlane autopilot, who sent me back to 2nd place. Felt a tad like Magnussen right there : )

FJ0372

So I've been using this guide to know exactly which cars I'd win by completing certain championships:

http://www.mygranturismo.net/eventlist.php

This has been completely precise in predicting the cars that I'd win except for when it refers to changing the tyres used to change the car available to win. For example I completed the 'Classic Muscle Car Championship' with my Camaro and won the Buick Special '62 (as stated on the site). However, I changed my tyres to sport medium as recommended by the site and re-did the championship to try and win the Shelby Cobra 427 '66, yet won nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? can anyone tell me what I should be doing to win all the cars that the above lists states you win by changing your cars tyres and re-running th championships? Thanks.

FJ0372 said:
So I've been using this guide to know exactly which cars I'd win by completing certain championships:

This has been completely precise in predicting the cars that I'd win except for when it refers to changing the tyres used to change the car available to win. For example I completed the 'Classical Muscle Car Championship' with my Camaro and won the Buick Special '62 (as stated on the site). However, I changed my tyres to sport medium as recommended by the site and re-did the championship to try and win the Shelby Cobra 427 '66, yet won nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? can anyone tell me what I should be doing to win all the cars that the above lists states you win by changing your cars tyres and re-running th championships? Thanks.

Someone needs to tell that website owner to stop blocking EURO IPs :/

FJ0372 said:

This has been completely precise in predicting the cars that I'd win except for when it refers to changing the tyres used to change the car available to win. For example I completed the 'Classical Muscle Car Championship' with my Camaro and won the Buick Special '62 (as stated on the site). However, I changed my tyres to sport medium as recommended by the site and re-did the championship to try and win the Shelby Cobra 427 '66, yet won nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? can anyone tell me what I should be doing to win all the cars that the above lists states you win by changing your cars tyres and re-running th championships? Thanks.
Red is A-Spec blue is B-Spec...

FJ0372

ErnieMcCracken said:
Red is A-Spec blue is B-Spec...

Haha, wow, that seems particularly obvious now. I haven't even started B-Spec (the concept sounds extremely boring) but I guess I should to get these cars. Thanks again though, Ernie.

I've been in driving bliss since buying my Ford GT and Ferrari 458 Italia. Hot damn I just love how this game feels, and when you find a car that responds to every tiny little input and tells a full throttle story through the roar of the engine and squeal of the tires.

So good.

What I wouldn't give for an open world game from Polyphony using this engine and assets. Something like Test Drive, with Top Gear challenges, but miles upon miles of roads. Gran Turismo Paradise.

If you need a break between classic GT games, Polyphony, keep that in mind!

Psychotext said:
On the subject of car swap begging...

Will give my first born
or any car / paint
for a Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85. Thanks!

I think I have that one. Just a sec.

*edit* I do, but can only send it after midnight again :p

DonMigs85

I wouldn't mind one of the two Ferrari formula cars in exchange for my P4 as well, but the Jaguar is still my most preferred.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh shit, I didn't know the Initial D car was in the online dealership.

*buys* :lol

Angst

Kaz tweets (via Google Translate) that patch will be Feb 18th. With PP restrictions implemented it looks like:
Kaz Google Translate said:
In the next update. What day 18 February. RT @ driftlover35r: @ Kaz_Yamauchi PP scheme is implemented or when? Have the same advantage in torque power difference, I get the penalty (° д °;)

Angst said:
Kaz tweets (via Google Translate) that patch will be Feb 18th. With PP restrictions implemented it looks like:

Hope this means that Quick Tune will also come back. Finally we can have a proper NRPC competition.

Sounds like it'll be a big update.

offshore

PP, Remote B-Spec...sounds like it's another big update.

But I hope as well they sort out some of the basic design errors. Really, really, really need your full garage available in Arcade or for Course Maker. Favourites really needs to be killed.

offshore said:
PP, Remote B-Spec...sounds like it's another big update.

But I hope as well they sort out some of the basic design errors. Really, really, really need your full garage available in Arcade or for Course Maker. Favourites really needs to be killed.

Favorites probably "need" to be there for online mode due to memory constrains. Once you're in online mode you're already loading the track, the cars, etc. Having the full list of cars to choose from probably isn't possible.

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
Favorites probably "need" to be there for online mode due to memory constrains. Once you're in online mode you're already loading the track, the cars, etc. Having the full list of cars to choose from probably isn't possible.
Maybe, maybe it's a memory issue for online - we don't know - but I can't imagine it's a memory issue offline. Your entire garage + favourites can be loaded from the home screen, so I don't see why it should be any different in something like arcade mode when the track isn't loading.

Top Bottom