• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Psychotext said:
I just checked, I still need each of these:

MAZDA MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
MAZDA MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91
MITSUBISHI 3000GT SL (J) '95
NISSAN 240ZG (HS30) '71
RE AMEMIYA AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 '04

Only got the NISSAN 240ZG (HS30) '71. Ill send it past midnight

STG

Psychotext said:
I just checked, I still need each of these:

MAZDA MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
I can give you that one
just add me: ageha_stg
write something like mazda in the request or so, so I know who you are :)

Metalmurphy said:
Why? It's the best way to balance out races online.
Hell, even the core offline races need better balance. I either blow through the competition without really trying, or have no chance in hell to catch up to the speed demon in first place. GT5's current system doesnt lead to competitive races unless you specifically go out of your way to do so.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Melfice7 said:
It works fine as it is on 5, i dont see the need to go back to PP

No, no it doesn't. See: Gutter/Seattle blowing SuperGT drivers out of the water with the best cars and their better than 99% of GAF driving skills.

PP is needed to balance better drivers and cars for weaker cars/drivers to have a chance or even-fun race.

Wow. Keep a tab on your game save file size. Hope they get this sorted out soon.

Well, fuck. Time to stop playing GT5 for a bit, I guess.

fu3lfr3nzy said:
New

Ah, I needed to know where to buy it from, but wasn't sure if it was in the new car lot or the used car bullshit lot. It wasn't in the online for the event, but I assumed new. Thanks though.

UFRA

Last time I backed up my save file (like a week ago) it was around 1500KB, so no worries here.

Still a pretty scary bug to have in a game...

offshore

Woo-hoo, finally acquired the Chrome paint, so time to back up this save. Any recommendations for a car that is most deserving of the Chrome privilege?

Schmitty said:
What is PP?
Performance Points. A another way to quantify a cars performance. But the most important part of this is that Quick Tune is returning from Prologue which allows you to easily tune cars to match certain PP. Great way to balance online races.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Performance Points. A another way to quantify a cars performance. But the most important part of this is that Quick Tune is returning from Prologue which allows you to easily tune cars to match certain PP. Great way to balance online races.
Didn't play prologue. If you're familiar with Forza3's quick tune, is it essentially the same? If so, great news.

brentech said:
Didn't play prologue. If you're familiar with Forza3's quick tune, is it essentially the same? If so, great news.

quicktune.jpg

Basically you can increase/decrease power/weight/etc at will without actually buying parts and it gives you more freedom.

Also, the fact that you can save up to 3 setups and easily change between them is a god send for GT5. Hopefully they bring that back as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
offshore said:
Woo-hoo, finally acquired the Chrome paint, so time to back up this save. Any recommendations for a car that is most deserving of the Chrome privilege?

You should totally dupe that somebitch of paint for me. ;__;

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Wow. Never knew prologue had all those options. Being able to save tunings was something I was really surprised to not have available in GT5.

But...I'm not really sure I understand how you just magically change the BHP. I can understand if it's "remove part x and get __bhp". Just choosing a number between values doesn't seem realistic though. Or does it give you specific options based on parts removed/added?

For weight it makes sense, because you can literally add weight at will and remove to a certain level extent.

brentech said:
Wow. Never knew prologue had all those options. Being able to save tunings was something I was really surprised to not have available in GT5.

But...I'm not really sure I understand how you just magically change the BHP. I can understand if it's "remove part x and get __bhp". Just choosing a number between values doesn't seem realistic though. Or does it give you specific options based on parts removed/added?

For weight it makes sense, because you can literally add weight at will and remove to a certain level extent.
It's not realistic, but that's how it works. And it really is the best way to balance things online.

Ofcourse it still had limits, you couldn't put 1000 BHP on a Cappucino, but it still gave you more freedom within the limits, you could perhaps just increase 2 BHP, and decrease 10Kg, something you can't do in GT5.

They could base the limits off the parts you bought to be more realistic imo.

brentech

Yeah, while I never raced online in Forza as I got it about 2 months prior to GT5 release....in terms of offline events - you could 'quick tune' your car for maximum settings for a particular event.....but it only worked by what parts you had available or could purchase for that specific vehicle.

I can't remember what they called theirs, maybe Point Index?
Anyways, if you had a car and mostly it was a 298 for a 300 event...you could take it to the next event with a 400pi max and maybe it tunes to a 394 based on parts you could get.

Seems like the only logical way to do things, but I guess logic on many GT5 things has been out the window...

Melfice7

brentech said:
Yeah, while I never raced online in Forza as I got it about 2 months prior to GT5 release....in terms of offline events - you could 'quick tune' your car for maximum settings for a particular event.....but it only worked by what parts you had available or could purchase for that specific vehicle.

Prologue didnt have parts to buy so it used this "magic upgrade system" let's see how PP is handled on GT5

Question: the cars on my "favorites" list, if I used them in Arcade Mode, do they start acquiring miles?

I used my F10 in a 2 lap race in arcade and when I checked back in GT Mode, it has miles now :/

Edit: Metalmurphy is banned? wat

h3ro

Matte Black (not matt from the lexus)
Matte Brown
Matte Gray
Matte Light Silver
Matte Red

Anyone have these colors? I have all the other Matte paints. I'd send over whatever you're missing if anyone could send me one of these. I have a few chrome chips as well. Thanks fellas. PM me :)

I wish I had more time to race. Also, I'm not a fan of these new Seasonals. I preferred the previous format, felt like a real challenge to go in with a minimally modded car and beat it, but the rewards for the challenges made it worth it. I'm not gonna spend hours getting my setup right for 2,000xp.

Shaneus

h3ro said:
Matte Black (not matt from the lexus)
Matte Brown
Matte Gray
Matte Light Silver
Matte Red

Anyone have these colors? I have all the other Matte paints. I'd send over whatever you're missing if anyone could send me one of these. I have a few chrome chips as well. Thanks fellas. PM me :)

I wish I had more time to race. Also, I'm not a fan of these new Seasonals. I preferred the previous format, felt like a real challenge to go in with a minimally modded car and beat it, but the rewards for the challenges made it worth it. I'm not gonna spend hours getting my setup right for 2,000xp.
I think I *may* have the matte light silver. I'll need to check when I get home.

Is there only the one kind of chrome? I've been itching to get one of those for ages.

Bobo

Psychotext said:
Quick bit of begging...

Looking for the Ford GT '05. Will swap any other car / paint for it.
I have the Ford GT (No stripe) '05... Standard car without the "go faster" stripes. I think I won it by completing 1 of the license tests so 0 mileage. PM me if you want to trade.

Bobo said:
I have the Ford GT (No stripe) '05... Standard car without the "go faster" stripes. I think I won it by completing 1 of the license tests so 0 mileage. PM me if you want to trade.
Thanks, but I'm specifically looking for the standard '05 rather than the no stripe version.

offshore

Only 50 more premium cars left to collect now... >.<

I feel it's my duty to experience every premium car. Seriously, when future GT's come out with four, five or even six hundred premiums, it's going to be crazy.

Hanmik

Goldrusher said:

News on friday..? or the patch on friday..? thinking about the patch makes me all jiggly and happy on the inside.. after the dissappointing last seasonals, a patch is VERY welcome ..

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Mush said:
Like I said in the Super GT thread, roses and chocolates or bust.
Nobody bothers with roses and chocolate on one-night stands.

gunther

Hanmik said:
News on friday..? or the patch on friday..? thinking about the patch makes me all jiggly and happy on the inside.. after the dissappointing last seasonals, a patch is VERY welcome ..

dont get to excited, firts this is PD so anything can happen, second the implementation of PP has me worried.

This patch better add online leaderboards, specially since they are now dropping network services for GT HD and Prologue.

Or else...

I will...

:(

Top Bottom