• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

offshore

Hmmm........I think the next thing we've got to lobby Kaz to change is the paint chip system. I've finally lost my patience with it.

Let's have every single last paint chip made available, with unlimited usage, with a full car preview, all in GT Auto.

UFRA

offshore said:
Hmmm........I think the next thing we've got to lobby Kaz to change is the paint chip system. I've finally lost my patience with it.

Let's have every single last paint chip made available, with unlimited usage, with a full car preview, all in GT Auto.

Yes please!!!

KingDizzi

Banned
Not bothered with this game for some time now, has there been any news on if we will be getting the online leaderboards soon? Had a look for it online and there is no mention of it which is not filling me with a lot of hope. Not too bitter about getting the game day 1 mainly due to the game maintaining its price here in the UK, the price has actually gone up at shopto. Its been 3 months since the game released now, did amar not say the online leaderboards were ready at release? Maybe I'm getting it wrong with seasonal events, whatever the case it should be done by now. :(

DonMigs85

offshore said:

But that would conflict with the 256 paint trophy.

Finally done!

NGpcB.png

I now have every single car in the game aside from the stealth / academy cars... and oh god was it tedious to do. I should never have started such a stupid quest. lol

Thanks to those who helped me get some of the more scarce cars.

UFRA

Psychotext said:
Finally done!

NGpcB.png

I now have every single car in the game aside from the stealth / academy cars... and oh god was it tedious to do. I should never have started such a stupid quest. lol

*bows down to your supremacy*

AMAZING. I can't believe people have obtained every car already so soon.

I'm proud of my 200 car collection, what you have there is just incredible. I am jealous.

How did you manage to keep track of each individual car? I mean, there's literally 30+ variations of Mazda Miata/Eunos Roadsters. Do you have the Apex book from the CE?

UFRA said:
*bows down to your supremacy*

AMAZING. I can't believe people have obtained every car already so soon.

I'm proud of my 200 car collection, what you have there is just incredible. I am jealous.

How did you manage to keep track of each individual car? I mean, there's literally 30+ variations of Mazda Miata/Eunos Roadsters. Do you have the Apex book from the CE?

I've been using this. Works pretty well.

UFRA said:
Badly. I screwed up three times total (in that I thought I was done three times before I realised that I had duplicates of cars and was missing other cars with very, very similar names).

To track what I was buying (inaccurately, though that was my fault), I used http://www.mygranturismo.net

Oh, and some final stats from there:

Psychotext owns 1039 models in his mygranturismo.net garage. Before tuning, the value of his garage reaches 489,720,763 Cr, the total weight of 1,283,068 kg, and the cumulative power 315,297 BHP. By selling all his sellable models, he would earn 16,238,919 Cr.

16m credits out of 489m creditslol.

UFRA

Psychotext said:
Badly. I screwed up three times total (in that I thought I was done three times before I realised that I had duplicates of cars and was missing other cars with very, very similar names).

To track what I was buying (inaccurately, though that was my fault), I used http://www.mygranturismo.net

Oh, and some final stats from there:

16m credits out of 489m creditslol.

ErnieMcCracken said:
I've been using this. Works pretty well.

Oh wow, that's awesome. See, that list is actually the exact idea I suggested in like the first week of owning GT5. There should be an interactive list where you can check what you own and what you're missing IN-GAME.

Glad that site exists at least.

lol at the resale value of the cars. That's just depressing to see.

Not being able to see if you already own a car from the dealership screen is beyond retarded. I must have wasted so many hours checking against the list. :mad:

MetalAlien

Banned
Sorry but the GT psp thread is dead.

Hey what is the best car to use on the test track for the PSP Gran Turismo? Seems like if I buy a nice car they just stick on the Bugatti Veyron or something and I am killed. If I use a slow crappy car they put me with other crap and I can win but it takes forever to get around the track.

Arrggg stupid search, this isn't even the gaming forum.

offshore

If GT5 saves ever become unlocked, I want Psychotext's save file ^_^

Collecting the premiums is enough of a challenge for me. Still got 40-odd to go yet :(

DonMigs85

ichinisan said:
If anyone has an X2010 they can gift I would be eternally grateful.

Seriously I will be yours till the end of time.

PSN - YobRenoops
I can gift you one in exchange for a Jaguar XJ13

Were thw previous seasonal events taken down early. I had planned on going back to them after only completing 2 of them. I thought I read that they didn't expire until the 22nd, but now I see these FW/FWD/FR events. I guess I missed those other 3 events?

Niks

Wax Free Vanilla said:
i hope this update contains more course maker themes, point to point option and increased track length.

I read on GTP that Kaz tweeted the update contains something related to the course maker. Hopefully it will be the ability to race them online.

offshore

Wax Free Vanilla said:
i hope this update contains more course maker themes, point to point option and increased track length.
I keep wondering when they're going to turn their attention to CM. It seems as if it's been set up to be able to be expanded on by future updates. An elevation option would suit me, as well as P2P.

I don't think we'll get more themes though, and to be honest, they need to work more on the themes they have anyway. Most don't have either night racing or have weather options. The "time of day" slider seems to do very little on most tracks.

iamcenok

Just bought my Ps3, and I've found how much fun it is to deal with huge patches to download.
I'm dying to play Gt5, but the patch is going rather slow. Are there any places I can download said patch and install via USB, like the OFW?

Schmitty

iamcenok said:
Just bought my Ps3, and I've found how much fun it is to deal with huge patches to download.
I'm dying to play Gt5, but the patch is going rather slow. Are there any places I can download said patch and install via USB, like the OFW?
Just learn to suffer. The updates are awful and always so large.

ichinisan said:
If anyone has an X2010 they can gift I would be eternally grateful.

Seriously I will be yours till the end of time.

PSN - YobRenoops

I sent you a friend request :\

I'll give you one tomorrow, I already used up my trade for today :p

h3ro

Matte Red and Matte Brown.

These two are the only two that stand between me and dull matte immortality. Help me GAF. I have all the other colors in matte finish as well as a couple chrome chips. I'm willing to send those over a couple in exchange for these two paints! Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks to the guys who helped me get to this point, great doin' business with you!

offshore

jamaniek said:
Wasn't so hard :D
[IMGtp://i.min.us/ij1mpq.JPG[/IMG]
o_O

I'll have to try those challenges again soon...I attempted them for about five minutes before turning the PS3 off, and I haven't tried them since.

^same for me

Psychotext said:
Finally done!

NGpcB.png

Thanks to those who helped me get some of the more scarce cars.
Very nice!

Angst

offshore said:
o_O

I'll have to try those challenges again soon...I attempted them for about five minutes before turning the PS3 off, and I haven't tried them since.
I tried the Monza challenge yesterday. Managed to keep the car on the road and drove pretty aggressively. 20 seconds over the time limit... wtf. Ok, try again. Drove even harder - 15 seconds over time limit. Looked at the demonstration. oO

5th gear through the chicanes? Humtidum - exit.

Psychotext said:
Major grind stats

Yep, that´s what i´m doing as well.

I´m at level 36/34, and 844 cars.

I envy you :)

You got the boring stuff out of the way, and now you can finally, finally start enjoying the game.

Just a shame they make us do those things before we can "play for fun".

Collecting all the cars and reaching level 40 on b-spec is what really kills...

To me your most impressive stat is the one that shows 2200 or so wins. That´s 1400 races more than what i have. So you grinded in short races?

seattle6418 said:
To me your most impressive stat is the one that shows 2200 or so wins. That´s 1400 races more than what i have. So you grinded in short races?
Most of my grinding has been done in "Dream Car Championship". So fairly short, yeah (~10m each).

Angst

Psychotext said:
Most of my grinding has been done in "Dream Car Championship". So fairly short, yeah (~10m each).
So that's only 10 000 minutes doing one race (based on the guess that you've done a thousand races in the DC Championship). That's only 7 days and night spent doing one race... Daaaamn

Angst said:
So that's only 10 000 minutes doing one race (based on the guess that you've done a thousand races in the DC Championship). That's only 7 days and night spent doing one race... Daaaamn
Welcome to the world of GT5. :O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Does anyone know if Dream Car B-Spec still give out the 450k bonus or was that a temporary boost during the holidays?

It should still give it until the patch comes on Friday to overwrite it?

Psychotext said:
Finally done!

NGpcB.png

Holy Shit! I am on this quest too but you did it so god damn fast! Super impressed. I am using a Google spreadsheet for my garage. I don't have all the fancy car stats and what not but I do have a revision history which has come in handy when I have made mistakes and needed to get my garage/spreadsheet back in sync.

offshore

So, is Dream Car Championship better to grind in than the American Championship? It takes about 40 minutes to make a million doing the American Championship race.

What are the credits like for DCC? I think it took me about an hour to do it in the Formula GT.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
offshore said:
So, is Dream Car Championship better to grind in than the American Championship? It takes about 40 minutes to make a million doing the American Championship race.
They are fairly even. It's 117K (or was it 115?) per event in the AC. The quicker event there takes ~4 minutes, so you can do 10 of those per 40 min. So ~1M / 40min as well.

I´m grinding money right now. It´s either A-spec american Indy with my Ford GT LM II or B-spec dream car with the X1.

Five races done, check the used lot, back to racing, and on and on.

Once i unlock Le Mans for B-spec, i´ll start grinding the XP portion more.

offshore

blu said:
They are fairly even. It's 117K (or was it 115?) per event in the AC. The quicker event there takes ~4 minutes, so you can do 10 of those per 40 min. So ~1M / 40min as well.
I'll just carry on doing American Championship then.

Although I hope tomorrow's seasonals revert back to their previous incarnation and begin paying out in the millions again.

I always wondered: wouldnt Like The Wind with the X2010 be faster than ZR1 in American Championship?

Sure you get more $ in the AC, but the X2010 laps so ridiculously quick that you can easily compensate for the lower payoff.

I used to do the AC a lot but ever since I got the X2010 I reverted to LTW :p

offshore said:
I'll just carry on doing American Championship then.

Although I hope tomorrow's seasonals revert back to their previous incarnation and begin paying out in the millions again.

Assuming there is a set of seasonals tomorrow.... i think they will hold things up until the patch.

If this patch is not the second coming of Jesus i´ll be very sad.

(at least leaderboards, plz Kaz).

Bobo

offshore said:

What are the credits like for DCC? I think it took me about an hour to do it in the Formula GT.
108k Per race win compared to 117k for the American championship, but with almost double the xp or more than double the xp for some of the longer races in the championship. (you can use the X1 for the dream car championship too for the quicker grind...)

Edit: In short... Credits = grind Indy in the American championship. (~4min 30)
EXP = grind Monza in the Dream car championship. (~7min 30 wet track)

Top Bottom