• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Angst

Goldrusher said:
Less than 24 hours until the big one.
Yeah, hopefully we'll get the PP thing before the NGRL on Saturday.

Speaking of which, will you join us on Saturday? I think I saw you sign up in the NGRL thread, but haven't seen you since.

I finally unlocked God-Mode. :D

UxgOj.jpg

Wall Hax.
4jGXu.jpg

Underside-lol. (keep it clean)
whHKc.jpg

anybody else hear a drumming sfx when using this car?

HuQUm.jpg

it sounds like somebody finger drumming on a cardboard box when on the throttle, it also happens during the replay with the trackside cameras. is this a trait of this alfa or have they ballsed it up royally?

either way it's annoying.

CozMick

Banned
Playing this game with a dual shock is like having training wheels attached to your car, it's too damn easy.

Was at a friends tonight messing about, tried TGTT Lotus challenge, gold first time.

I have yet to get even a bronze with the dfgt

brentech

CozMick said:
Playing this game with a dual shock is like having training wheels attached to your car, it's too damn easy.

Was at a friends tonight messing about, tried TGTT Lotus challenge, gold first time.

I have yet to get even a bronze with the dfgt
That's how I got my gold there. There is quite a few events that I find the DS3 to be easier to deal with. Wheel better on the average though.

Finally got off my lazy ass and grinded to 20m

Feels Good Man :D

Now I can finally buy those colored X2010's thats been bugging me since I turned 40 last month :/

brentech

I'm doubting there will be seasonals since the patch is coming tonight.
I'm hoping the patch will add some great new features, but not going to hold my breath. Other than what we know, which is very little....they haven't teased us on anything so there really might not be all that much added.

Hoping for the best...

X-Frame

CozMick said:
Servers are down for a couple of hours in the next few hours, I'm guessing 1.60 and the new seasonals will be up after that

fingers x'd

Oh SNAP.

PD doesn't release patch notes until after the patch has gone live correct? Unlike pretty much every other developer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, they don't really let us know until a few days later and it's only a few details. :/

I hope the seasonals are 1 million and exp again. :/ Didn't do more than two sets of this weeks seasonals because... why bother?

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Yeah, they don't really let us know until a few days later and it's only a few details. :/

I hope the seasonals are 1 million and exp again. :/ Didn't do more than two sets of this weeks seasonals because... why bother?

Yeah, this week's seasonals were lame.

I liked the high credit and XP seasonals even though they were one-time only.

It was just nice to have a feeling of a "break" from the normal GT style grinds. Instead, this week's seasonals were just like "oh hai, back to grinding for you!"

:(

Konosuke

What I've noticed so far is multiple selection of stuff by holding L1 and sorting cars by Perfomance Points. Servers are down still.

Edit: You can select tires/tyres, Positioning and Quantity of extra weight, engine power tuning, individual gear settings are no longer greyed out in car settings now.

Konosuke said:
What I've noticed so far is multiple selection of stuff by holding L1 and sorting cars by Perfomance Points. Servers are down still.

Edit: You can select tires/tyres, Positioning and Quantity of extra weight, engine power tuning, individual gear settings are no longer greyed out in car settings now.
Sorry Ace and Wknd, it wouldn't let me continue being host.

TheSeks

Beatbox said:
Not up for me in the US yet...looks like my Aussie buddy is downloading it now though.

Probably will be up in an hour or two or tomorrow afternoon for the US.

Konosuke

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
Sorry Ace and Wknd, it wouldn't let me continue being host.
And you were being a great host unlike me. No worries man.

The X2010 has 977PP and there's a Prize stat under B-Spec pilots.

Shaneus

Wax Free Vanilla said:
no course maker improvements.

kaz bullshitting again.

-swapped over the order of the "arcade only" cars.

-blue ticks in the dealership for purchased cars.
They're the updates? Oh :sarcastalol:

Wax Free Vanilla said:
no course maker improvements.

kaz bullshitting again.

i was wrong...

- corner camber in course maker
- multi screen option
- steering sensitivity in driving options
- arcade car order swapped
- fully adjustable gear ratios
- blue tick in dealership
- multi select (car garage)
- car ballast adjustment
- performance point system

TheSeks

Shaneus said:
Hm, little better. Do we have a definitive list from PD yet or do we have to guess/test?

PD? Patch notes?

Psh-shaw! To the guessing mobile with you!

Konosuke

Patch notes are usually in the News menu, but servers are still down. A-Spec events don't seem to have PP restrictions. Maybe it's only for Seasonal/Online events?

UFRA

GT5 patch updates:
- TV camera when entering pits
- Multi-monitor support
- “camber” setting in the course creator
- Restart race has a confirm menu
- Power limiter on the tunning menu (FUCK YES!)
- Notification for already purchased cars in the dealership
- Increased XP for races
- Stick sensitivity option
- Individual gear ratios
- U can choose diferent tires for front n rear
- LP points
- Online dealership has more cars
- New filters in the online lobbies (race fo real/fun/drift)
- YOU CAN USE THE COURSE MAKER TRACKS ONLINE!!!
- Seasonal events with new created tracks.
- Weight adjustment (front/rear)
- Remote Race icon below the lounge icon
- new pre-gtlife cutscenes?
- fuel depletion and tyre ware can be turned off in online more
- Races can be scheduled to start at a specific time
Got this from an inside source. :) *cough*MetalMurphy*cough*

PATCH OF THE CENTURY

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
So it has a 'My Courses' option for lounge lobbies - but my one created course isn't showing (first had it shared - then tried it unshared and favorited).

Courses can be set to 'voted' now.

Automatic Race Start Cycle option added.

Added Performance Point restrictions to races (unrestricted or 250-1000).

Tire wear/fuel can be enabled or disabled.

Remote Races added.

Shaneus

Hm, some of those actually sound orright. Why is the poster so excited about power limiting, though? Does that mean you can (effectively) use an X1 in a race limited to 200bhp?

TheSeks

Beatbox said:
Courses can be set to 'voted' now.

Been there for a patch or two now (if you mean "users can vote on a course/track in the lobby"). It's a host option.\

Hm, some of those actually sound orright. Why is the poster so excited about power limiting, though? Does that mean you can (effectively) use an X1 in a race limited to 200bhp?

No. But it does allow slower cars in the same class/race/league to be "even-steven" with faster car/drivers.

Basically it's a way to self-tweak the car for close races without having to tweak everything.

h3ro

UFRA said:
Got this from an inside source. :)

PATCH OF THE CENTURY

:O

That sounds fantastic! I just hope they go back to the old style of Seasonal events, I liked the big rewards.

Also, a big thanks to captscience for helping me get even closer to my goal of having all the Matte paints. One left to go!

Why must you mock me, Matte Red??

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
TheSeks said:
Been there for a patch or two now (if you mean "users can vote on a course/track in the lobby"). It's a host option.

I never noticed it in the MyLounge lobbies.

Anyways ALL CARS available online!

TheSeks

I'm loving the blue checkmarks for the NEW AND USED dealership.

Kaz... Kaz... WHY WASN'T THIS THERE DAY ONE!? MAYBE NOW I WILL CHECK THE USED CAR LOT OFTEN! :D!?

DOES THAT MEAN WE DON'T HAVE TO FAVORITE SHIT ANYMORE????

That or all the cars are in the online dealership instead of just select ones (even though that is big)

Top Bottom