• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
UFRA said:
Wait.

DOES THAT MEAN WE DON'T HAVE TO FAVORITE SHIT ANYMORE????

Yep. Sorry I wasn't clear it's all your garage is online broken down standard and premium with all the sorting/filtering from offline.

Also the user created courses show up on the course list and you can change the number of sections and complexity online and regenerate the course.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
That or all the cars are in the online dealership instead of just select ones (even though that is big)

Hmm, true. It could be what he meant too.

Either way, I'd be happy with one of those features.

Edit of the century:

Beatbox said:
Yep. Sorry I wasn't clear it's all your garage is online broken down standard and premium with all the sorting/filtering from offline.

Also the user created courses show up on the course list and you can change the number of sections and complexity online and regenerate the course.

OH SO GOOD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Ho'shit.

In the garage you can select multiple cars now. Not sure what function that has (what with the one car a day stupid shit gift limit), but it's new.

"Just in" in the online dealership went from white big and bold to small-to-the-right-of-price yellow font and color. Why? I dunno, bizarre change.

TheSeks

Mush said:
SUPER GT-ERS GET IN THE THREAD WHILE I GET ALL PATCHED UP AND DISCUSS THE NEW PATCH. AND STUFF.

/caps off

Some of us are le tired and about to go to bed, duder.

me said:
Individual gear ration tweaks: CONFIRMED.
But if you switch the "max speed" the gear ratios will adjust to that speed.
So you have to readjust all over again.
Minor issue, but it's progress.

OH shit! I am remote racing my b spec drivers against a buddy's. Hahahah finally. THINGS THAT WERE PROMISED!

Edit: You don't have to do shit either. They 100% run themselves, no stupid pace up commands.

TheSeks

Oh, there's something new: You can scroll a bunch of cars in the online dealership now. If that was there, never noticed as the car selection is BIGGER than what it was.

Checkmarks are there as well and a bunch of the cars are cheap-o (with the exception of LMG stuff like the Bugatti).

Time to grind my dread for cash tomorrow for some of these. :D

Edit: Wow, that's kinda fucking stupid.

Good idea: Show A/B spec level near the user icon of profiles and community.
BAD idea: sort you/everyone by highest level. So basically you're not at the top anymore. Bad if you want to get back to GTLife as you (unless it changed) had to manually select yourself to get that to ungrey/selectable again. :|

Edit 2: Okay "online id" is similar to what A/B spec was like before. Crisis averted.

TheSeks

gutterboy44 said:
Two new races per seasonal event added too. Karts!!!

NIIIICE. Been wanting more kart races.

How are you doing the remote B-spec? I don't see an obvious option for it.

Edit:

OH. MY. GOD. You can "borrow" people that put the car online's cars now. Select their profile, view the car and select "borrow."

"Do you want to borrow (name)'s car?" ->Yes/no.

UFRA

More stuff, if duplicate info then dealwithit.gif:

-The new seasonals are back to the old stuff. Restrictions, big payouts. Non repeatable.
-X2010 challenges easier now. Well, the Bronze times anyway.
-There’s an HP fine adjustment when online. Probably to compensate between broken in cars.
-Your garage sort option chosen will stay chosen, even after returning from a race/the track
-D-pad now changes between cars in replays. No need for menu.
-People that weren’t getting paints and/or museum cards are now getting it. Some regions didnt get one or other before.
-Lend cars to friends without gifting them. It uses the “share with friends” menu. Before they would just be there for show, now u can use them. Same for b-spec drivers im guessing.
-Game Progress goes down a bit after update. New hidden cars/events? :O

Konosuke

TheSeks said:
NIIIICE. Been wanting more kart races.

How are you doing the remote B-spec? I don't see an obvious option for it.
Community, under lounge :D

-The new seasonals are back to the old stuff. Restrictions, big payouts. Non repeatable.
-X2010 challenges easier now. Well, the Bronze times anyway.
-Your garage sort option chosen will stay chosen, even after returning from a race/the track
-D-pad now changes between cars in replays. No need for menu.
-Lend cars to friends without gifting them. It uses the “share with friends” menu. Before they would just be there for show, now u can use them. Same for b-spec drivers im guessing.
-Game Progress goes down a bit after update. New hidden cars/events? :O

So awesome.jpg

TheSeks

Konosuke said:
Community, under lounge

Ah, thanks.

I can confirm there is at least one new intro. Car you're in is surrounded by Nissan (probably other makers or maybe it's my SuperGT team? I dunno but that's the one that's in it for me) tech/tweakers in a race track garage. That wasn't there before.

KingDizzi

Banned
227839420.gif

Now just online leaderboards and I'm happy but will get back to this game now!

TheSeks

Hahahaha. UFRA's driver is totally owning mine despite being two level lower than mine.

(Fuck you UFRA and fuck my shitty AI. ;___;)

Awesome, and yeah you can't give commands. Gonna wait and see what the EXP is like/see if it raises B-spec level before I head to bed.

Like the December patch, this adds a bunch of good things but some of it is "WHY THE FUCK WASN'T THIS IN THE GAME DAY ONE!?"

Lots of small good things, but:

No options for G25 on the menu
No saves during endurances (first thing i checked)
No matchmaking
NO LEADERBOARDS!!!

Game won´t be finished to me without those last two. Camon, i´m tired of waiting for the things announced on the box.

Also:

In game manual had some changes, payouts are smaller (WTF Kaz?), but XP seems to be way higher.

During pit stops, you get a new camera presentation ( i saw because i was looking for a save option on an endurance).

Will see more things tomorrow.

brentech

If a friend borrows a car that is shared, does it take on milage and engine wear? Doubt anyone knows quite yet, but we can wonder. Updating now.

dwebo

They fixed nighttime headlights, at least on the Toscana course creator track I just tried. It also lets you change the time in 10 minute increments instead of 30.

Still, patch is a bit disappointing, since the handful of things I most wanted - endurance saves, special event ghosts, and better hud options - are still MIA.

dwebo said:
They fixed nighttime headlights, at least on the Toscana course creator track I just tried. It also lets you change the time in 10 minute increments instead of 30.

Still, patch is a bit disappointing, since the handful of things I most wanted - endurance saves, special event ghosts, and better hud options - are still MIA.

People have been shitting on PD for endurance saves ever since GT4, but nothing.

What will it take???

(i liked the patch, but seriously...)

KingDizzi

Banned
seattle6418 said:
Lots of small good things, but:

No options for G25 on the menu
No saves during endurances (first thing i checked)
No matchmaking
NO LEADERBOARDS!!!

Game won´t be finished to me without those last two. Camon, i´m tired of waiting for the things announced on the box.

Also:

In game manual had some changes, payouts are smaller (WTF Kaz?), but XP seems to be way higher.

During pit stops, you get a new camera presentation ( i saw because i was looking for a save option on an endurance).

Will see more things tomorrow.

The wait for it is getting beyond ridiculous at this point, fucking ridiculous. Must be really hard to do for PD, no mention of it yet so chances are it's not coming anytime soon.

I log on to practice for the first time in 2 weeks and this stuff just comes up, ERECTION!!!

This sounds fantastic and the "little detail that is very important to me award" goes to D-pad now changes between cars in replays. No need for menu.

STOKEEED

TheSeks

AHAHAHAHA.

Remote B-spec will give you cash, a decent pay-out in EXP (TOWARD YOUR B-SPEC LEVEL) and driver level (I forget, think so). I'm soooo abusing this bitch with anyone that is online and has drivers up. :D :D :D :D

It's not the crazy exp. like bonus races, but at least it's better than the FUCKING DISMAL B-spec mode exp that was there (unless that's been buffed as well, someone confirm/deny that?).

D-pad now changes between cars in replays. No need for menu.

In remote race you have to hover over the car/driver box but it lets you do that via D-pad after. A bit stupid, but I guess I can understand why it's locked that. Not sure if it's the same for replays though.

Leaderboards: Fuck yes. Needed.
Matchmaking: LOL NO. Why the fuck would you want that outside of "being able to race quickly?"

As it is, all this stuff should've been there day one, but at least it's a start.

Edit: And where the fuck is the "thumbstick looser/tighter" option you guys are talking about. YOU GUYS LIEEEEE. ;___;

Nevermind that's in the arcade mode (possible GTLife saveable) and it only effects the "reaction of the steering" it isn't the steering lock option I've been looking for, I guess. :/

Okay... maybe it is. But it seems to make the reaction "slower"/lag. Not sure how I feel toward it but the steering around corners so far seems easier/less "GRRR I CAN'T TURN ENOUGH" for me.

TheSeks

Dead Man said:
Really? All my RUFs are the same colour! Must have been unlucky.

Maybe it's different in the online dealership. I haven't honestly looked in the used car lot in MONTHS. So maybe it wasn't there. *shrug*

Psychotext said:
Still no save / load in endurance = Still no endurance races for me.

Same. But at least this is progress/a start.

Dead Man

Will they be shipping patched versions, or do people without their PS3 connected just get fucked?

Psychotext said:
Still no save / load in endurance = Still no endurance races for me.
Yeah, still a lot of fundamental things missing.

TheSeks said:
Leaderboards: Fuck yes. Needed.
Matchmaking: LOL NO. Why the fuck would you want that outside of "being able to race quickly?"

As it is, all this stuff should've been there day one, but at least it's a start.

I think you are confusing stuff. I don´t want to eliminate lobbies, we almost begged them to include.

I would like to have both, open lobbies and private ones for specific races, and matchmaking for when i just want to go race.

Sometimes you spend an eternity trying to find races.

It was supposed to be in right from the start, but i guess that and leaderboards will have to wait a bit more.

Konosuke

Add me too TheSeks, none of my friends have B-Spec Bobs. If you use my drivers they'll earn XP too :D

Also, I just had a restricted M3 online race. I don't have that car but it let me race, is this new?

TheSeks

You guys need to note that the person needs to be in GT5 for remote B-spec. And I'm a casual GT5 player, so you shouldn't expect me to be the person that you compete against for B-spec levels. :p

You can set the PS3 to "remote server on" where it has a screen saver type thing, but that's for GT.com. Not sure if that allows PS3 players to set up races (why wouldn't it? It'd be crazy, but this is PD...) while the person that is remote server is away/not there.

That said: I def. won't be using that option due to concerns about "PS3's being left on 24/7" and I already play my PS3 hard enough to where leaving it on while I'm not there makes me kinda leery. So anyone that wants to remote B-spec me will have to bitch/ask me to get on GT5.

=[ You guys are so lucky. I totally forgot that update is coming out. I won't be able to touch my PS3 for like 4-5 days. Oh well, GT5 will be waiting for me.

brentech

Took a sec since the end screens didn't seem to show much, but when you go back out to your GT Life and select drivers, at the very bottom it will tell you how much CR they have won and I'm guessin the circles are how long till they receive a prize.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
You guys need to note that the person needs to be in GT5 for remote B-spec. And I'm a casual GT5 player, so you shouldn't expect me to be the person that you compete against for B-spec levels. :p

You can set the PS3 to "remote server on" where it has a screen saver type thing, but that's for GT.com. Not sure if that allows PS3 players to set up races (why wouldn't it? It'd be crazy, but this is PD...) while the person that is remote server is away/not there.

That said: I def. won't be using that option due to concerns about "PS3's being left on 24/7" and I already play my PS3 hard enough to where leaving it on while I'm not there makes me kinda leery. So anyone that wants to remote B-spec me will have to bitch/ask me to get on GT5.
So, remote B Spec is just MP B Spec, not without the PS3 being on? Pfft.

brentech

Dead Man said:
So, remote B Spec is just MP B Spec, not without the PS3 being on? Pfft.
We've known that for a very long time. I've made sure to quote it a few times, but the GT website has always said that you had to have your PS3 on and be at the remote host screen in order to use Remote racing.

Dead Man

brentech said:
We've known that for a very long time. I've made sure to quote it a few times, but the GT website has always said that you had to have your PS3 on and be at the remote host screen in order to use Remote racing.
I missed it completely. :lol I wasn't that interested in that feature anyway, so I guess no great loss for me. B spec is boring no matter what.

brentech

brentech said:
Took a sec since the end screens didn't seem to show much, but when you go back out to your GT Life and select drivers, at the very bottom it will tell you how much CR they have won and I'm guessin the circles are how long till they receive a prize.
Apparently the CR amount isn't what they've earned you, but the amount they have earned and have on them. You have to click on the driver and take their money (like a pimp and their hoes) and prizes. At first I thought the colored dot meant the status of need 3 to get a prize, but it might just mean a prize. Won't know until more is done and I actually take from them.

Psychotext said:
XP boost is not insignificant. My poison of choice (Dreamcar - Indy) has gone from 9,819xp to 32,223xp.
I'd say that's a pretty fair boost

Bobo

Hmmm... it seems that if you're the host that you will have to have your PS3 on, however I just hosted my own race against friends that were offline/their console was off. If you just share your drivers to online, you will get both credits and xp if your friend hosts a race against your drivers.

evolution

From GT Planet

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing
[Remote Races] have been added to the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen.
Here you can start a fully automated B-Spec race using yours and your friends' "My Drivers", and gain rewards and experience from it.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu, and also the new "Remote Race" page on gran-tursimo.com, under the GT5 product information section.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
In [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using a web browser, and remotely control your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check results from the website. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere.
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right corner of the website to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now use one of the "My Courses" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge), or select themes and generate courses on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update).

・Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the online race regulations (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) to limit participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) have been increased.

・More Event Settings in Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] have been added to the event settings for online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・More Penalties for Special Events
Penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] under [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience gained in [License] and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec, B-Spec and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], you can now borrow cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・More Car Settings
Gear ratio adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Multi-Monitor Feature
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi-Monitor], you can now access the multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in a wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Gameplay]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2P Battle] races.
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Bank Angle] has been added to the section settings in [Course Maker].
- In A-Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- Personal BGM can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When tire restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars with tires that qualify will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- Karts now have [Quick Menu settings.
- You can now select multiple items in some important menu screens, such as when registering your favorite cars in your [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive maneuver of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound effects would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added for room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimized.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- Car demo backdrops during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Force Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your game, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page.

If the number starts with 1.06, you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

Top Bottom