• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

offshore

"- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup."

\o/

Like the blue ticks as well....going to make it much easier. Still no ability to select the weather/time for offline tracks though...we really need that option.

TTG

Popped GT5 back in for the new round of seasonals and damn! Cool stuff. Now I can tell everyone how I completed the Red Bull Challenge with a DS3 before they gave in to the pussies!

And also, I can already see the performance points thing pissing people off... it's inaccurate. My Veyron is not faster than my Zonda and my 908 HDi is not faster than the Minolta. What's interesting is that the system is taking wear and tear into account. My f2007 was at 899 before Suzuka and the custom track and is at 895 now. I did the oil change so the hp was not affected, but the chassis has been subjected to an additional 20 laps worth of racing and that knocked it down.

Shaneus

TTG said:
Popped GT5 back in for the new round of seasonals and damn! Cool stuff. Now I can tell everyone how I completed the Red Bull Challenge with a DS3 before they gave in to the pussies!
How is the RB challenge easier now? I looked over some of the patch features briefly and couldn't see anything standing out...

amar212

I think this 1.06 update really deserves a new thread on the frontpage.

It is pretty much making GT5 a different game as was from retail.

UFRA

Just finished messing with all the new features I could find.

SO GOOD.

I can now die and feel like my life was worth it.

amar212

UFRA said:
Just finished messing with all the new features I could find.
t.

PLease, check the following, I'm not at home for at lest 8 more hours:

Go to options > Multiscreen options.

Set your console to Server mode.

Does change of FOW settings (Frame Border/Curvature) while in fake Client mode (only ONE monitor attached) changes in-car position and FOW (as in Forza 3?)

Thanx in adv!

Bobo

amar212 said:
PLease, check the following, I'm not at home for at lest 8 more hours:

Go to options > Multiscreen options.

Set your console to Server mode.

Does change of FOW settings (Frame Border/Curvature) while in fake Client mode (only ONE monitor attached) changes in-car position and FOW (as in Forza 3?)

Thanx in adv!
Yes! you can adjust the field of view now. I need to play around with settings to see if there is any improvement from the default positions. (doubt I'd use this trick though...) default view is near perfect. :p

Edit: seems that you can only narrow the field of view from the default position... so no crazy "wide" view or overly "stretched" view like you could with Forza 3.

TTG

Shaneus said:
How is the RB challenge easier now? I looked over some of the patch features briefly and couldn't see anything standing out...

Bronze times are now almost 10 seconds slower.

anyone try fucking around with the CONTROLLER STEERING SENSITIVITY that is no in the driving options menu? I feel like I've put so much time in, fucking around with it now would be risky but... I wonder how much this will bridge the gap between wheel and pad on something like the x1.

amar212

New Seasonal Events now have mix of "old" ones (race one for crazy XP/Cr) and "new" ones (race multiple, 2 races added for each venue).

Also notice Time Trials now comes with FIXED values for cars:

Bonus Race #7
1. Nissan Micra - Deep Forest - 5 Laps - 200,000 Cr. - 20,000 XP
2. Honda Civic - Suzuka - 5 Laps - 350,000 Cr. - 35,000 XP
3. Nissan Z - Madrid - 5 Laps - 500,000 Cr. - 50,000 XP
4. Subaru Impreza - Nordschelife - 1 Lap - 650,000 Cr. - 65,000 XP
5. Mazda RX-7 - Eifel (Circuit) 102D - 5 Laps - 800,000 Cr. - 80,000 XP

additions to existing venues:

FF Challenge:
4. Fuji - 2 Laps
5. Eifel (Kart) 102A - 5 Laps

FR Challenge:
4. Madrid - 5 Laps
5. Eifel (Circuit) 102B - 5 Laps

4WD Challenge:
4. SSR5 - 3 Laps
5. Mt. Aso 102A - 5 Laps

Ferrari Formula:
4. Suzuka - 10 Laps
5. Eifel (Circuit) 102C - 10 Laps

Time Trial 8:
1. NASCAR - Top Gear Test Track - 850 BHP - 1565kg - Racing Hard
2. Super GT - Toscana (Tarmac) 102A - Change Time - 591 BHP - 1080kg - Racing Hard

Drift Trial 8:
1. High Speed Ring - Comfort Soft
2. Cape Ring South - Comfort Soft

Massa

I was happy enough with the weekly seasonals in terms of post-launch support but this patch is just great. Reminds me of Media Molecule and LBP.

I hope the Ferrari Challenge is a permanent thing though, just replacing 2-3 tracks with new ones every week.

Shaneus

Shadows may be improved in some areas, but definitely aren't fixed. Just kicked off a 24hr La Sarthe B-spec and noticed shadow pop-in from the trees on the road on the first decent straight. WTF? Sure it's never been there before...

Goldrusher

Extra! Extra! Get your Vettel trophy today!

Nürburgring
old) 2:08.000 / 2:09.500 / 2:14.500
new) 2:08.000 / 2:09.500 / 2:23.000

Monza
old) 2:04.000 / 2:05.500 / 2:10.500
new) 2:04.000 / 2:05.500 / 2:19.000

Suzuka:
old) 2:10.000 / 2:11.500 / 2:16.500
new) 2:10.000 / 2:11.500 / 2:26.000

Two decent laps should suffice for bronze now.

darkwing

this update is huuuugeeeeeee

btw any idea how to change your car in the remote B-Spec race? also none of my friends seem to have shared their B-drivers online :(

spats

Big patch is big. Time to jump back on. I'm so happy they added splitscreen replays, not being able to watch them after racing with a friend always felt so empty and weird. :I

amar212

spats said:
Big patch is big. Time to jump back on. I'm so happy they added splitscreen replays, not being able to watch them after racing with a friend always felt so empty and weird. :I

This.

Memory Card Battle FTW.

TTG

I RM'd a subaru for the seasonal and while fumbling around with the tuning discovered a ballast and power % setting. Never noticed it with my vette... Why isn't the horse power % control thingie optional for all cars? I wouldn't have to worry about the engine upgrades that cannot be uninstalled :(

Shaneus

jamaniek said:
Eifel 102C is full of blind and tricky corners. It's not that easy to win in the F10. I'm gonna need some practice on this one :)
I just loved the first time I played it without stability control and it felt like a (fucking amazing) drift comp. Powering through some of those banked corners at a ridiculous angle felt sublime.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Man said:
I missed it completely. :lol I wasn't that interested in that feature anyway, so I guess no great loss for me. B spec is boring no matter what.

It's been known that it was like that in the run up to GT5's launch, duder.

Not that it isn't bad, but the EXP is nothing to sneeze at unless they finally gave events from level 15 on proper goddamn EXP in B-spec to where leveling up isn't a chore. :|

TTG

PetriP-TNT said:
Just spent 12.5mil on F2007 :D

Worth every penny. Out of the X1, formula gt and the f2007, I much prefer the Ferrari. It's so much fun to drive. Leave it stock or put it on race softs and crank up the downforce all the way on front and rear for warp like cornering performance. It's the only car where I feel confident I'm faster in cockpit mode than the bumper cam too.

TheSeks

Goldrusher said:
Don't forget to go to your driver list to "Receive Prizes". ;)

Just got 100K from a couple B-spec races friends have hosted.

Yeah, it's free cash and exp so long as you are online (unless you can challenge offline drivers that put up drivers after the update?) for people to challenge you. Kinda like a "Pokemon online" mode. Love it.

Also the Ferrari F1 challenge is waaay too intense for me. I can't control that damn car on Tokyo R246. ARGH. >_< 10 Mill down the drain for this event and I can't get higher than 8th on the first lap before the other cars are ahead of me with 9 down behind me. D:

TTG

TTG said:
I RM'd a subaru for the seasonal and while fumbling around with the tuning discovered a ballast and power % setting. Never noticed it with my vette... Why isn't the horse power % control thingie optional for all cars? I wouldn't have to worry about the engine upgrades that cannot be uninstalled :(

Holly shit, I just realized this now works with all cars, must have been in the update. All cars now have an option to add ballast and reduce power. That means you can more or less return your cars back to stock stats if you wish to do so after you've bought the weight reduction and engine tuning mods! Someone out there IS listening, lol.

amar212

It is now official that all Bonus Races ("old school" Seasonals) have mandatory SRF (Skid Recovery Force) that can't be disengaged.

Which is pretty much CRAP.

First no restrictions, now mandatory SRF?

For who for God's sake? Like it ain't enough that people who does not want challenge can maxx out HP and drive with all assists without any bonus-penalties and now everybody is forced to damn SRF usage?

I hate SRF. I do not want to drive with SRF. SRF ruined Liceneses for me, making them walk in the park, and now Bonus Races too?

I am not happy about this.

Won the Ferrari Eiffel-challenge with first try :) The track was pretty cool too! There's one-two ultra tricky uphill corners. I just wish the races were 5 laps instead of 10

Dead Man

amar212 said:
It is now official that all Bonus Races ("old school" Seasonals) have mandatory SRF (Skid Recovery Force) that can't be disengaged.

Which is pretty much CRAP.

First no restrictions, now mandatory SRF?

For who for God's sake? Like it ain't enough that people who does not want challenge can maxx out HP and drive with all assists without any bonus-penalties and now everybody is forced to damn SRF usage?

I hate SRF. I do not want to drive with SRF. SRF ruined Liceneses for me, making them walk in the park, and now Bonus Races too?

I am not happy about this.
PD: Giving with one hand, taking with th other. I don't understand how there is still no actual qualification option, offline or online.

TheSeks

Hohoho!

Maybe you can race other drivers that are offline in B-spec. I just selected UFRA's online driver.

I guess you need to:

-Update to the patch
-Sign in
-Set a driver to online (if you did it before, unset and then reset them online)

And that's pretty much it. "Leaving the PS3 on" is for the ability to use the remote B-spec through GT Anywhere/GT.com then. Niiiiiice. Time to challenge UFRA and get free money for the both of us. :D

Angst

TheSeks said:
Hohoho!

Maybe you can race other drivers that are offline in B-spec. I just selected UFRA's online driver.

I guess you need to:

-Update to the patch
-Sign in
-Set a driver to online (if you did it before, unset and then reset them online)

And that's pretty much it. "Leaving the PS3 on" is for the ability to use the remote B-spec through GT Anywhere/GT.com then. Niiiiiice. Time to challenge UFRA and get free money for the both of us. :D
You're welcome to challenge my driver as well (if I have any set to online that is)

Edit - reading comprehension skill deteriorating.... I have done none of those things. lol

darkwing

i challenge anyone of you to my driver

vandamme-dancing.gif

=P

-Amon-

amar212 said:

It must be some kind of error, it has no sense. I can only imagine they'll patch that out.

TheSeks

SUCK IT CAMERON DIAZ. WHERE IS YOUR SUPERGT CAR SKILLS NOW!?

*finally, first online B-spec I win against Goldrusher's level 27 C. Diaz with my level 13 B-spec H. Burger against UFRA's two B-spec drivers in the Monza Aston Martin challenge*

Edit: AHAHAHAHA. B-spec level exp is nothing to sneeze at and it does level your driver.

Niiiiice. Time to get a level 1 and put him online for all comers.

Bobo

Do we know what the yellow circles under your B-Spec drivers represent? And what do you get for getting 3 yellow circles?

TheSeks

Bobo said:
Do we know what the yellow circles under your B-Spec drivers represent? And what do you get for getting 3 yellow circles?

Possible prize, but no one knows just yet.

I'm not even sure how you get the circles to light up besides the first one.

Top Bottom