• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

mclaren777

A humble request on behalf of many...

Can those of you with Ferrari F1 cars please make them shareable online so we poor plebeians can use them for the Seasonal Events?

zy0AI.jpg

Goldrusher

PetriP-TNT said:
Hey Konosuke, your Watanabe has two of those yellow price bubbles :eek:

<50K 1 bubble
>50K 2 bubbles

That was the case with my drivers.
No idea when you get a third bubble. Maybe 100K ? And/or maybe then your driver's wallet is full ?

STG

many of my drivers also have 2 bubbles (thanks to darkwing and dk_) but what will happen when the 3 are full? nothing? no more cr/xp?
edit: kinda beaten

G Rom

I gained 4 B-Spec levels since the update. You gotta love remote races ! :)
Just gained my third driver slot, who will join I. Park and M. Cash ? :-D

BTW, my PSN (those are l not pipes) : l-McKane-l

darkwing

Goldrusher said:
<50K 1 bubble
>50K 2 bubbles

No idea when you get a third bubble. Maybe 100K ? And/or maybe then your driver's wallet is full ?

wow interesting, this would force the player to actually run the game and get the prizes, neat idea

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
A massive crash happened a few hours ago near Genova:

A German, pretty smart dude you'll agree, smahed his PAGANI ZONDA at 320Kmh!

Holy fucking shit, and not a scratch for him and the passenger! :O
pagani%20zonda%20incidente.JPG

mclaren777

Perhaps I don't understand these remote races.

Are you just doing the same B-Spec races we've had since the beginning, but controlling them through a web browser?

STG

darkwings stupid bspec bobs are currently raping all other drivers in my nascar remote game, disgusting :eek:
but it is fun to watch

G Rom

mclaren777 said:
Perhaps I don't understand these remote races.

Are you just doing the same B-Spec races we've had since the beginning, but controlling them through a web browser?

No, these races are different races from the A/B Spec events. You have SuperGT, NASCAR and 99' Aston Martin Vantage events at the moments. Each of those categories have three races ranging from 5' to 20' in length. You can't give orders to your driver too.

brentech

Apparently, collecting your prizes from your drivers early is a no-no. They now have no bubbles filled in. So wait till you get all 3. I have no idea what it means yet though.

darkwing

brentech said:
Apparently, collecting your prizes from your drivers early is a no-no. They now have no bubbles filled in. So wait till you get all 3. I have no idea what it means yet though.

hmm interesting if you get to 3 bubbles

For those of you on my friends list, I've just shared four of my (level 36+) bspec drivers, a bunch of my meatier race cars, and an F1 2007.

UFRA

Thanks Gutterboy and brentech for earning me some cash on the side. :p lol

My drivers are all pretty low levels yet. I expected more from F. Massa though, maybe you need to put him in an F1 car. :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
I also shared a few of my favorite cars and a couple of drivers, including Iglesias, my newbie who will entertain you with songs as he powers through the competition.

mclaren777

G Rom said:
No, these races are different races from the A/B Spec events. You have SuperGT, NASCAR and 99' Aston Martin Vantage events at the moments. Each of those categories have three races ranging from 5' to 20' in length. You can't give orders to your driver too.
Interesting. What are the XP payouts? That's all I really care about.

Small update since patch that nobody has mentioned. When in the tuning menu, the confirmation boxes can be skipped very quickly. Used to take forever to click through the 'ok' boxes.

Goldrusher said:
<50K 1 bubble
>50K 2 bubbles

I was thinking that you get the most of the prizes if you wait until the 3rd bubble and then it stops increasing but I don't think I was right with that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
And damn you people with full friends lists. Looking at you Seks and MM. Last night there was only 3 people on my list with drivers.

Wait, what? I have a full friends list on PSN?

OMG, I never thought that'd happen. :x Too many Bad Company 2 and GT5 people in addition to one LBP2 person and 2-4 SSF4 people from GAF with a few random PSN people.

Funny thing is that I only had like 7 online friends before GT5, now I have 30+

Sure that isn't saying much, but I feel that the community things are made really well in this game

STG

oh yeah I also shared some cars if anyone needs one. like that old ferrari pace car for that on trophy
and some other cars I don't remember. psn id: ageha_stg

TheSeks

darkwing said:
i have a feeling my PS3 is going to die from this.....

Unless you're initiating the races, AFAIK you don't have to leave your PS3 on if other people on the PS3 are grinding your drivers. I didn't have to have UFRA online when I raced his drivers early this morning and he was offline.

Again:

LEAVING YOUR PS3 ON: Is only NEEDED FOR GT.COM/"GT Anywhere" started remote B-spec races.

So you can turn your PS3 off and come back to cash. I came back to B-spec level 20 (from 18) today thanks to Pjotr and Memphis.

I do suggest that people run at least one B-spec online race with a variety of drivers off their friends list (if possible) so everyone benefits at least once or twice a day so when the person comes back and checks they have a nice EXP/Cash reward waiting for them. It helps out in B-spec, esp.

darkwing

TheSeks said:
Unless you're initiating the races, AFAIK you don't have to leave your PS3 on if other people on the PS3 are grinding your drivers. I didn't have to have UFRA online when I raced his drivers early this morning and he was offline.

Again:

LEAVING YOUR PS3 ON: Is only NEEDED FOR GT.COM/"GT Anywhere" started remote B-spec races.

So you can turn your PS3 off and come back to cash. I came back to B-spec level 20 (from 18) today thanks to Pjotr and Memphis.

I do suggest that people run at least one B-spec online race with a variety of drivers off their friends list (if possible) so everyone benefits at least once or twice a day so when the person comes back and checks they have a nice EXP/Cash reward waiting for them. It helps out in B-spec, esp.

oh yup i got that point, but its nice to run races on the iPhone anytime lols

TheSeks

darkwing said:
oh yup i got that point, but its nice to run races on the iPhone anytime lols

Well, if you wanted: You could probably configure or find someone to hack together a remote play application like the PSP function and then boot the PS3 through the internet, boot GT5, set up some races. Watch them on the iPhone/web-browser and then turn the PS3 off (after leaving server mode and the game auto-saving) through remote play again.

darkwing

TheSeks said:
Well, if you wanted: You could probably configure or find someone to hack together a remote play application like the PSP function and then boot the PS3 through the internet, boot GT5, set up some races. Watch them on the iPhone/web-browser and then turn the PS3 off (after leaving server mode and the game auto-saving) through remote play again.

yeah but i hope Kaz would patch in a PS3 shutdown button on the site lol

Konosuke

PetriP-TNT said:
Hey Konosuke, your Watanabe has two of those yellow price bubbles :eek:
Awesome! Shame that he can't win a race. I had high hopes for him. I wonder if it's because of his "hotness". Hopefully my other drivers can't beat your drivers' asses :D

It's also a shame that during server mode in remote races, the PS3 keeps rendering the full race instead of number crunching.

Fix it Kaz, save our graphics cards!

Also what's up with the car, is it always random? If somebody has one of those cars in the garage could you see if your b-spec bob uses it?

UFRA

Seks I love you.

Did I ever tell you that?

I see my drivers have hundreds of thousands of credits for me to claim...OH SO GOOD.

Thank you to anyone else using my B-Spec guys.

Thank you patch 1.06.

Thank you based Kaz.

Thank you PS3.

Thank you PC for letting me thank everyone.

TheSeks said:
I doubt that's possible. :/

Alternatively they could just flag GT5 for Remote Play...

btw I need some B-spec competition, I have 31 GT5 friends yet only 1 uploaded his drivers :/ My PSN ID is in my profile if you want to add me.

I created two more drivers in celebration of the patch, K. Butler and J. Hendrix :p

darkwing

SolidusDave said:
Alternatively they could just flag GT5 for Remote Play...

btw I need some B-spec competition, I have 31 GT5 friends yet only 1 uploaded his drivers :/ My PSN ID is in my profile if you want to add me.

I created two more drivers in celebration of the patch, K. Butler and J. Hendrix :p

i added you, i have 6 drivers lol just don't use them all so others can abuse them too lol

G Rom

PetriP-TNT said:
LMAO, my new driver just went from lvl 0 to lvl 10 because of your b-spec remote driving, thanks!

Same here, one race, 35,000 Cr. and 15,000 XP. Lvl 0 -> lvl 9 for D.Cain ! :-D
Thanks ! :)

BeeDog

I feel dumb now :(. I added Psychotext to borrow some of his cars (thanks again!) but I can't actually find out how to do it. The ingame manual says to go to GT Mode -> Community and pick the person in question, and there should be an option on the right hand side. Can't see anything. :( Help!

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out now, d'oh!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
On a related, AC@Laguna Seca is a rolling start now.

TheSeks

Man, I'm stupid or this is new to the patch.

Choosing the tournament option and running all the races there will give you golds/whatever your standing in the individual track options. I've been doing the individual tracks before the tournament. Stupid waste of time!

TheSeks said:
Man, I'm stupid or this is new to the patch.

Choosing the tournament option and running all the races there will give you golds/whatever your standing in the individual track options. I've been doing the individual tracks before the tournament. Stupid waste of time!

Old.

TheSeks said:

Again:

I have no idea what this means but I really need to set this up so I can start cashing in.

AndyD

aka andydumi
darkwing said:
i added you, i have 6 drivers lol just don't use them all so others can abuse them too lol
I need to add some of you guys. Where is the list of Psn names again? Or add me.

TheSeks

Lion Heart said:
I have no idea what this means but I really need to set this up so I can start cashing in.

You don't need to leave your PS3 on if you've set drivers to "online" after the patch.

If you want to RUN races without the PS3/when you're out of the house: You WILL need to leave the PS3 on in "server mode" to do that. But for actually running races against offline people and you're at your PS3 you don't need to leave the PS3 on.

Top Bottom