• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Mush

Has the DFGT dial problem that locked the driving aid settings if you participated in a Online race that had them disabled been fixed?

Bobo

TheSeks said:
Possible prize, but no one knows just yet.

I'm not even sure how you get the circles to light up besides the first one.
Ok... just finished another race and one of my drivers has 2 circles now, I think he has had about 5 races with at least 2 wins. Just have to wait and see now. :)

CozMick

Banned
I can't believe you receive XP/Cr for someone else racing against you in remote race, this is incredible.

Wanna race against the British Legend that is S.tephen Fry

Add me - CozMick :)

darkwing said:
i challenge anyone of you to my driver

vandamme-dancing.gif

=P

Heeeeeyy!

That´s MY driver.

(Altough mine has a typo and it´s called Gean Claude Van Damme, but still... he is level 35 and kicks ass).

darkwing

seattle6418 said:
Heeeeeyy!

That´s MY driver.

(Altough mine has a typo and it´s called Gean Claude Van Damme, but still... he is level 35 and kicks ass).

really? there can only be one =P let's fight!

brentech

Last night there was only a few people one with drivers. So I raced my driver against like 5 of Gutterboy's and 4 of UFRA's. Gutterboy had 1,2,3,4....his drivers wrapped up the race. lol

My lowly level 13 B-spec driver is ready and raring to go but nobody on my friends list has an online driver. Anybody wants to add me, PSN: micromagic

CozMick

Banned
:lmfao

I expected it to be an easy "Increase speed" "Increase speed" "Overtake"

I'm actually glad they removed that shit for remote races.

brentech

CozMick said:
Fuck it, gonna add my N.athan Drake to the mix.

He's a noobie but he can handle it :)
Does he often get close to crashing before suddenly gaining control of the car saving everyone around him?...That's sooo Drake.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hell yeah. Headlights are actually FUNCTIONAL now. I can see all the track of SSR5. *faints*

Where was this when I needed it for the SuperGT race, Kaz!? D:

People who are PSN friends with me. Add some B - Spec drivers to your shared list. I will grind them fuckers all day. Have my PS3 in server mode, doing massive remote b-spec races today.

edit

brentech said:
Last night there was only a few people one with drivers. So I raced my driver against like 5 of Gutterboy's and 4 of UFRA's. Gutterboy had 1,2,3,4....his drivers wrapped up the race. lol

Hahah, brilliant! Good thing I trained those wankers with an iron fist. Don't worry brentech I have been putting your Bob's to the test. You should have a nice chunk of change at the end of today :D

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
People who are PSN friends with me. Add some B - Spec drivers to your shared list. I will grind them fuckers all day. Have my PS3 in server mode, doing massive remote b-spec races today.
Will do! (later today when I've come home from work) ETA 2 hours. :D

You are #1 on my FL in B-Spec, so I have no problems leaving my tender B-Spec drivers in your care :D

brentech

I have drivers stuck in an actual BSpec right now. Currently lvl39 so pushing to hit that 40 and finish the mode off. But will probably add the whole crew when they finish in a few minutes.

And damn you people with full friends lists. Looking at you Seks and MM. Last night there was only 3 people on my list with drivers.

Angst said:
Will do! (later today when I've come home from work) ETA 2 hours. :D

You are #1 on my FL in B-Spec, so I have no problems leaving my tender B-Spec drivers in your care :D

The only thing you have to lose is a perfect win/loss ration, but who cares about that shit, I will get your drivers Cr. and Xp.!!!

brentech

Made sure the remote racing works from iPhone. Should be able to run our drivers like horses while out for lunch later, lol. Ohh...sad priorities I have.

dk_

brentech said:
Made sure the remote racing works from iPhone. Should be able to run our drivers like horses while out for lunch later, lol. Ohh...sad priorities I have.
Holy shit, my iPad will be my portable GT5 command central. :-o

GOOD GOD I AM A GODDAMN IDIOT PLEASE KILL ME

Indy F2007, final straight, tried to spin to the goal... only to lose the race with seconds

FUFUFUFUUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU

mclaren777

I'm in need of a Ferrari F1 car. I will gladly return it to you when I'm done or pass it on to the next needy person in line if you so wish.

Thanks in advance.

PSN: mclaren777

darkwing

brentech said:

i have a feeling my PS3 is going to die from this.....

brentech

Wow, knew drivers got xp for races, but didn't think our b-spec careers did....was wrong. When u receive prizes you get your XP as well, fuckin awesome.

Oh man this remote B Spec is gold. I love that the GT5 community is getting that much better. It is nice to give all my Super GT pals a bunch of Cr. and Xp. Running these races like clock work. I try to only take 50% of your driver line up so other users can bounce them around in their races too. This is pretty damn cool.

Edit: Damn you Goldrusher, your manboy superstar driver J.Bieber just took the lead.

Edit Edit: Fuck that little shit. O.Goh retakes the lead!

Omiee

how long does it take for gt to update your friendlist becaus a few people from gaf added me but i cant see them in my friendlist to choose their drivers to race against

also do i get xp etc when somebody else chooses my driver to race against him

Omiee said:
how long does it take for gt to update your friendlist becaus a few people from gaf added me but i cant see them in my friendlist to choose their drivers to race against

Same :S I could also do with some more GT5 peeps on my list, tag is in profile.

Konosuke

You guys ain't got nothin' on K. Watanabe.

Ken-Watanabe.jpg

Lv 30 suckers.
He didn't one a single one versus InEffectMode drivers tho...

Check profile for PSNID!

brentech

Omiee said:

also do i get xp etc when somebody else chooses my driver to race against him
Yea, you do. Just gotta go to said driver profile and "receive prizes" to get it. And it's always taken a little time for GT to update the friend list in game.

I checked the "receive prizes" and saw that my Bob is dominating :)

Currently racing too vs. Ace, Lazlow and OrgunUK and currently #1! EAT DUST, PEOPLE

Online b-spec is waaaaaay more exciting than the regular one

PetriP-TNT said:
I checked the "receive prizes" and saw that my Bob is dominating :)

Currently racing too vs. Ace, Lazlow and OrgunUK and currently #1! EAT DUST, PEOPLE

Online b-spec is waaaaaay more exciting than the regular one

Do you only have the one bspec driver? I can't add anyone to my races now :lol business has picked up it would seem.

MikeDub said:
Do you only have the one bspec driver? I can't add anyone to my races now :lol business has picked up it would seem.
Whoops, I forgot to add the others! Going to add them as soon as this race ends!

Konosuke said:
You guys ain't got nothin' on K. Watanabe.

Ken-Watanabe.jpg

Lv 30 suckers.
He didn't one a single one versus InEffectMode drivers tho...

Check profile for PSNID!
Does anyone elses fonts bug like this:

mMgj3.png

It fixes itself when you highlight the text but gets messed up again when it updates.
Oh and results:
1. M.Otto (me)
2. K. Watanabe (Konosuke)
3. F. Zimmerman (Konosuke)

just sayin ;)

darkwing

even just watching the web interface while racing is exciting, check out my log

Lap 25C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 24X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 24C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 23X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 23C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 23X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 22C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 20X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 20C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 19X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 18C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 17X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 16C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 16X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 16C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 15X.Robin (darkwing75) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.
Lap 15C.De Rossi (biohazard_rock72) moved up from 2nd position into 1st position.

i lost in the last lap :( i wish i had the replay saved :(

Angst

My B-Spec drivers are set to online. Please do all manner of sick things to them :p

Edit - I'm getting an "under maintenance" when trying to log on to gran-turismo.com. Too many users?

darkwing

Angst said:
My B-Spec drivers are set to online. Please do all manner of sick things to them :p

Edit - I'm getting an "under maintenance" when trying to log on to gran-turismo.com. Too many users?

hmm mine is still ok, but i logged in a few hours ago lol i'll not logout then

Goldrusher

mclaren777 said:
I'm in need of a Ferrari F1 car. I will gladly return it to you when I'm done or pass it on to the next needy person in line if you so wish.
Look for a friend who has it shared (profile) and "borrow" it. :)

Top Bottom