• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

W1SSY

Thanks to the remote race my b spec level and driver levels have ben climbing steadily up all day. Really enjoying remote race so far and at some point I plan on seeing if the gt website runs good enough on my phone so that I can run some races when I am in class.

CozMick

Banned
Just thought I'd share my first GT Anywhere Website race.

This was while walking to the Garage/Petrol station @ 00:30am

GTAnywhere.png

Good times :)

amar212

TheSeks said:
You don't need to leave your PS3 on if you've set drivers to "online" after the patch.

If you want to RUN races without the PS3/when you're out of the house: You WILL need to leave the PS3 on in "server mode" to do that. But for actually running races against offline people and you're at your PS3 you don't need to leave the PS3 on.

Now I really do not understand :D

brentech

amar212 said:
Now I really do not understand :D
If YOU want to be the one starting the races and choosing competitors, your PS3 must be on and GT5 set to the remote race screen.

In any other circumstance, other people can choose your drivers (if they're set to 'share online') to race and you'll still be given rewards for their work - regardless of the status of your PS3.

Bobo

Goldrusher said:
<50K 1 bubble
>50K 2 bubbles

That was the case with my drivers.
No idea when you get a third bubble. Maybe 100K ? And/or maybe then your driver's wallet is full ?
The 3rd "bubble" appears when your driver earns 200K. I didn't receive any special bonus or anything for having all 3 bubbles once I redeemed the prize. I guess they just serve as a friendly reminder to "cash in" so you advance in xp/credits.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
If YOU want to be the one starting the races and choosing competitors, your PS3 must be on and GT5 set to the remote race screen.

In any other circumstance, other people can choose your drivers (if they're set to 'share online') to race and you'll still be given rewards for their work - regardless of the status of your PS3.

Exactly.

Edit: And the only time the PS3 needs to be "left on" and you're not attending to it is GTAnywhere. You can do races through GT5 while you're there and then turn the game off. No leaving it on overnight worries.

jamaniek

I just tried remote B-Spec race and I love it! :D

Although, not so many people on my friends list have thier drivers shared. :/ If anybody would like to race against my driver, here's my PSN ID- jamaniek_PL .I'm lvl 10 at the moment.

Dead Man

brentech said:

Thanks for the explanation, makes much more sense now.

hamchan

OMG. Thanks to the new patch I've finally all bronzed the Vettel challange. X2010 is mine.

WA AHA HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

Fuck this challenge.

TheSeks

hamchan said:
OMG. Thanks to the new patch I've finally all bronzed the Vettel challange. X2010 is mine.

WA AHA HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

Fuck this challenge.

You could've just ground B-spec to level 35 (which only takes a week if you/friends grind B-spec online mode) and gotten a free X1 that way.

Shaneus

Anyone who wants can add me for B-spec as well. Shaneus2k2.

I have two drivers, too... Yamauchi's lesser-known younger brother (Yuri) and Jesse Eisenberg. He'll get all The Facebook on your arse.

I took my prize money this morning after waking up to see my 3 drivers had got 250k between them over night + went from level 13 to 19 but I've done a bit of a-spec and it's all gone, money and xp. What's going on?

dk_

micromagic said:
I took my prize money this morning after waking up to see my 3 drivers had got 250k between them over night + went from level 13 to 19 but I've done a bit of a-spec and it's all gone, money and xp. What's going on?
I always save in the start menu after I do some remote stuff. Maybe it's that!

dk_ said:
I always save in the start menu after I do some remote stuff. Maybe it's that!
Maybe, don't think so though, I'm always paranoid about saving, I do the manual save before I turn the system off every time.

ShinyBallBoy

Neo Member
Even after the patch i still can't bronze the damn Suzuka Red Bull X1 Challenge; i'm using the DS3.

Any tips for settings (abs and stuff)?

I've been trying for over 2 hours and the few times i completed the laps i'm still waaaaaay behind the bronze times; monza and nurb were a walk in the park compared to this...

OK all my drivers are up and ready to be abused by you. Also shared some harder to find cars (Ferrari F10, X2010, Formula GT, XJ13, Zonda R 09, and my trust GTO Twin Turbo 98) if you want to play.

Add me for continued GT5 love:

PSN: YobRenoops

W1SSY

Nice waking up to find all my drivers are up to 2 yellow dots and have hopefully leveled up a good bit. The same thing happened to me the other day with not receiving prizes so maybe it is a server error.

Again for the new page my PSN is w1ssy.
Let my driver Danny Glover show you guys how it is done.

Woke up and my b-spec level doubled, all drivers went up a bunch of levels and I got a nice stack of cash, thanks to everyone who has been using them! I shall get on later and run more races for you kind folks.

TheSeks

Subaru brings us news that Tommi Mäkinen has driven an MY11 Impreza WRX STI sedan around the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 7 minutes 55 seconds. Which is a new (unofficial) lap record for a four door car, beating the previous best time of the Cadillac CTS-V by four seconds.

Oh, yeah? I'm happy for you, Tommi and I'll let you finish but--

7:32.634

--OF BONUS RACE 7 ALL TIME.

I did get off track a few times but that was only a few screwups.

A total blast and I saved the reply for future generations. Insane.

Arcticfox

I would like to join in on the remote racing fun. I have three drivers shared if you would like to add me. My PSN ID is Arcticfox24.

TheSeks

New to this patch: You can stay in the pits forever in an online race if you have the pause menu up.

AndyD

aka andydumi
spats said:
At least I get an error.
I get an error as well.

I was surprised that my S. Nash has been winning against drivers 5-8 levels above him. Ahd he dominates my other drivers despite being lower level. I guess I just lucked out on the initial stats. I think a high cornering and braking initial stat is more important than all the others.

spats said:
At least I get an error.

ah that sucks. Even if you're logged in?

oh well, a screenshot provides the same data anyway:
0lTs3.jpg

edit: I can look at the result pages of races hosted by someone else (from my friendlist).
The link structure is the same so I guess you have to be logged in (and be friends/your drivers participated in the race)?

Will some of you guys please add me to your friend list. I've had an absolute crap experience with GT5 so far mainly because the majority of my friends went an alternative route to get their racing needs. My PSN is URide_A_Shortbus so if some of you that listed your PSN ID get a friend request from that PSN name just know its me.

Just got level 40 aspec (have had level 40 bspec for a while). Doubt I'll bother with the endurance races (unless they patch in saving) and by virtue of the X2010 special events I wont be going for the platinum... so I guess I'm "finished" with the game.

Still, I think I've got more hours out of it than anything short of WoW or Fallout. :D

Qwell

If you anyone would like some extra bspec racers feel free to add me, I also do a lot of bspec races trying to get some extra money. PSN = Qwell

Top Bottom