• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

G Rom

Anyone else having a bug with remote races. I've had twice already, my drivers magically get unshared, loosing all the unclaimed prizes in the process... :-/

I hope I don't begin to suffer from this bug too often because it's really frustrating to come back and see all the progress wiped ! :(

STG

G Rom said:
Anyone else having a bug with remote races. I've had twice already, my drivers magically get unshared, loosing all the unclaimed prizes in the process... :-/

I hope I don't begin to suffer from this bug too often because it's really frustrating to come back and see all the progress wiped ! :(
hmmm, a friend of mine told me exactly that some hours ago, unshared driver and no XP. I thought he was stupid but it seems there is really a bug

not cool!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
G Rom said:

Yeah, I got it an hour or so ago as it was fine when I turned the PS3 off at noon.

I guess it's server maintenance, but maybe not.

slyght

Neo Member
G Rom said:

Happened to me and I even lost my already claimed prizes and XP.

If you host Remote Races on the PS3, does it go into low power state and simulate the results? I rather not have the PS3 running all day, but the remote races are pretty fun.

Feel free to add me and use my drivers.

PSN: marathonfool

I'll try to do remote races all week as well.

edit: I added many of you on the last few pages. Once I get some actual cars, I'll share with you all too. My garage only has a pitiful 11 cars right now. I didn't realize all these new features were just added with the newest patch. Glad to see PD is supporting the game! This is the only game I'll be playing for the next few months.

spats

I'm seriously loving the remote racing. Seeing how your pokédrivers fare against other players' pokédrivers is great fun.

What do the three orbs next to the driver's name signify though? They start turning yellow once you've accumulated some money - is there a cap to how much money a driver can hold at one time?

AndyD

aka andydumi
spats said:
I'm seriously loving the remote racing. Seeing how your pokédrivers fare against other players' pokédrivers is great fun.

What do the three orbs next to the driver's name signify though? They start turning yellow once you've accumulated some money - is there a cap to how much money a driver can hold at one time?

They are indicators of how much money the driver accumulated. >50k, 100k and 200k. Its a reminder for you to receive the earnings and their accumulated XP. I dont think it actually does anything.

Now we just need live Bspec races. Where we all join up and control a B spec racer of our choice against others controlling their Bspec racers.

Oh and B spec remote race queuing. Set a group them have them race a "championship" of several races.

dk_ said:
Thanks to everyone who uses my drivers!

Me this morning:

http://denkbonus.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dagobert-duck.jpg

I only push you because you have her on your team:

uFFvn.jpg

;)

Dibbz

That's for using my B-spec's guys. I'm getting lots o money now :D

Been doing some Rally in hopes of getting some good XP (lol didn't work). It's really amazing and is a nice change of pace from circuit racing.

5463034666_83f6517bea_b.jpg

5463034680_b5a3e21c48_b.jpg

5463034686_b18a8c7ef7_b.jpg

h3ro

Ran some more races with GAF drivers. :)

It's such a great surprise to log on and see that you're now 500K richer. Makes jumping into the used dealership and picking up your 7th Midnight Purple Skyline feel that much more better.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
brotkasten said:
Did they change all the standing starts in A-Spec to rolling starts?
They most definitely changed ACC@Laguna to a rolling start. Dunno about the rest.

spats

AndyD said:
They are indicators of how much money the driver accumulated. >50k, 100k and 200k. Its a reminder for you to receive the earnings and their accumulated XP. I dont think it actually does anything.

Now we just need live Bspec races. Where we all join up and control a B spec racer of our choice against others controlling their Bspec racers.

Oh and B spec remote race queuing. Set a group them have them race a "championship" of several races.

I see. Thanks for the clarification!

blu said:
They most definitely changed ACC@Laguna to a rolling start. Dunno about the rest.
Yeah, I did some other events and every time it was a rolling start and I can't find an option to change that. Help?

darkwing

G Rom said:

me too :( somehow they got unshared

Dibbz

B-Spec Valdes, I had hopes that you would take my b-spec up through the ranks. The first race was so promising. You came from the back of the grid and won beating all the odds, even at level 0.

Things were looking good. I had plans to relegate b-spec whatthefuckishisname and stick you as my number one driver. Everything was set but I thought I would test the waters on some weak foolish ai, seeing as you took car of my friends b-specs with no problems at all. We flew over to Monza, and I gave you my Italia to make light work of your competitors.

You didn't overtake one fucking guy. WTF do I have to do!! Fuck your contract!! Oh and btw you owe me for the dents and scratches on my Italia, fucker.

b-spec-valdes-y-u-no-lrn-how-to-drive.jpg

UFRA

I swear, patch 1.06 really re-ignited my urge to play GT5. Normally I have been just playing it for the GAF leagues and practices, not much else though as far as progress since I'm only 2 events away from being done with A-Spec (outside of endurances).

As for B-Spec, I was totally sick of it when I first attempted the NASCAR Extreme Series event. Thanks to my kind friends for using my drivers, they've increased their abilities enough that I am writing this as my driver has a healthy 8 second lead already just in the first NASCAR event. When I first tried this, he just barely managed to win. :D

darkwing

UFRA said:
I swear, patch 1.06 really re-ignited my urge to play GT5. Normally I have been just playing it for the GAF leagues and practices, not much else though as far as progress since I'm only 2 events away from being done with A-Spec (outside of endurances).

As for B-Spec, I was totally sick of it when I first attempted the NASCAR Extreme Series event. Thanks to my kind friends for using my drivers, they've increased their abilities enough that I am writing this as my driver has a healthy 8 second lead already just in the first NASCAR event. When I first tried this, he just barely managed to win. :D

just wait until they add more features in this mode like driving the cars in your garage, epic! :D

UFRA

darkwing said:
just wait until they add more features in this mode like driving the cars in your garage, epic! :D

Yeah, this game has so much potential. Here we are only a few months into its life and we already have some really drastic improvements. Can't wait to see where we'll be a few more months from now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:

Mine won due to http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/941103-gran-turismo-5/57724277 <---These tweaks. And even then he came in 12th (last place) on two of them. SMH B-Spec Drivers. Now I have to redo those races for gold/first place. :|

*inserts ad for b-spec drivers*

Grind my drivers!

Use them like a cheap bitch.

PSN is FASJ6418

I have four shared, and chances are, you will win the races against them, they are not really good despite their bars.

th3dude

I'm still learning the ropes and am very new at b-spec, but please feel free to add me and race my noob driver :)

psn: th3dude119

I'd love to have some friends on my list that I can initiate races with, as well.

Thanks and looking forward to the requests!

Dibbz said:
What's the fastest way to level up? I'm half way through lvl 28 A spec but the special events don't give a lot of XP anymore.

I'm grinding A-spec right now. Using the X1 in the Dream Car Championship Indy race, I have the acceleration mapped to the right stick with a rubberband around it, the the left stick taped just slighty off center to the right. That way my driver just rides the outside wall all the way to victory! It's fun to cheat!

If you don't care about credits you could also do the Indy 500 insurance race which will net you 700,000xp+ in about 2 hours. The DCC will give you about 600,000 for the same time, but about 1.5 million more credits.

A few of you added me last night but if not please add me to your friendlist. I am constantly racing with friended drivers throughout the day. I will be putting together constant remote races even throught the week so help me help you so you can help me. LOL

*PSN ID: URide_A_Shortbus

For those that are already on my friendlist don't forget me down at the bottom of the list because my PSN ID starting with a U makes me always be at the bottom.

G Rom

Ok, they have to fix this shit. Just checked my PS3 after waking up, all prizes gone and drivers unshared except F.Luo who had 112,000+ Cr. in bank which mean I have probably lost near 400,000 Cr.
Ffffuuuuuuuuuuu PD ! :(

dk_

G Rom said:
Ok, they have to fix this shit. Just checked my PS3 after waking up, all prizes gone and drivers unshared except F.Luo who had 112,000+ Cr. in bank which mean I have probably lost near 400,000 Cr.
I guess you really need to save manually everytime you switch your PS3 off to be sure.

Bobo

I think I broke something... I redeemed my prizes from my 6 drivers, but after redeeming my prize from 1 of my drivers it changed his status to offline, so I then put it back to sharing status. everything seemed fine until i noticed that I now had a 7th driver... An exact clone from the driver that went offline. both cloned drivers can now earn xp/credits but I dunno if I can redeem them yet, I will have to try to later today.

Shaneus

G Rom said:
When you say prizes you mean Cr or tickets? I just came back and found both drivers unshared (with any potential lost winnings) but still had 4 gift tickets.

Bravo, PD. Bra-fucking-vo.

I am not too worried about not getting the credits everytime I sign in (I already lost some credits afaik), it's free money/XP anyway (eventhough I got nothing against free $$$/XP). I hope that in some point some of the drivers are in constant use so I'll reach lvl 40 soon enough :p

Dead Man

I've really lost faith in PD with this game, even their fixes break things. I don't know what is going on in their offices, but something is not right.

TTG

Went back to clean up whatever silvers I had on license tests(I stopped going for gold originally because of the second slalom course). I am much faster than I ever used to be, lol. Didn't spend more than 5 minutes on any one test, the difference is huge. And to think I was grinding my way through them on all gold for like a day... protip: if you're just starting out, run through the licenses on silver or whatever keeps your stress levels low. Come back to them later. That slalom course that I must have spent an hour on before settling for a silver I did a half second faster than the gold time on my 6th try or something.

I have a little money stashed, I'm gonna hold off on buying the 787B until the new round round of seasonals is out. The different challenges are gonna run out on the same day too, so if there's something expensive replacing the Ferrari challenge, I want to be prepared. Hopefully it's a 908 HDi challenge :D

BeeDog

CozMick said:
500k+ for S. Fry, thanks gaf :)

Still no explanation about the 3 dot system?

Seems the first dot lights up once you have amassed 50k Cr., the second one for 100k Cr. and the third one presumably for 150k Cr.

Anyone else experiencing weird grumbly exhaust notes from their cars post 1.06?
Just raced the 300zx (90s fairlady z) and the RM civic type r, and it sounds like rocks in a clothes dryer coming from the engine at the top of gears... Annoying as hell!

Also, any chance someone could gift me a chrome chip please?

Cheers.

Goldrusher

Aargh, the update removed the "driver screen" in B-spec.

What the fuck ?! :(

It was so useful for the long endurance events. You could switch to that screen and your PS3 didn't have to render anything. It was a simple list. You could actually hear the fan slow down / switch off after a while. Unlike any other view which shows the race.

Lame.

evil_as_skeletor said:
Anyone else experiencing weird grumbly exhaust notes from their cars post 1.06?
Just raced the 300zx (90s fairlady z) and the RM civic type r, and it sounds like rocks in a clothes dryer coming from the engine at the top of gears... Annoying as hell!

Also, any chance someone could gift me a chrome chip please?

Cheers.

From the change log:
[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

brotkasten said:
From the change log:

Ba ha ha, PD fudged up, unless race exhausts all sound like a wet fart with lumpy bits, but I am pretty sure it's that they fudged up!

Really need them to remove it, you can hear the recording patterns and loops from the engine sounds...

Top Bottom