• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

h3ro

Qwell said:
If you anyone would like some extra bspec racers feel free to add me, I also do a lot of bspec races trying to get some extra money. PSN = Qwell

Sending you a FR now. :)

Running a few GAF drivers now in a 10 lapper at Suzuka. Thanks to those who ran my drivers! Appreciate it!

Kayrton Senna is a beast now. :p

Qwell said:
If you anyone would like some extra bspec racers feel free to add me, I also do a lot of bspec races trying to get some extra money. PSN = Qwell

No offense man but you can go to hell, your freaking drivers are dominating all my races. :) lol Good times, good times

Qwell

Mizzou Gaming said:
No offense man but you can go to hell, your freaking drivers are dominating all my races. :) lol Good times, good times
Yah sorry, I had already spent days upon days maxing out bspec to lvl 40, but I'm noticing that I'm losing over half of my bpsec races that I start up. At least you get money and exp no matter if you win or lose and with multiple people running your cars it should start to rack up.

RotBot said:
Has anyone figured out which online B-Spec race gives the fastest money and XP?

Dream Car Championship gives ~86,000 credits and 32,000xp per race, with an X1 the races take about 15 minutes. Do the series, only the first 4 races (skip Nurburg, no reason to do it if you win the first 4 races) and then you'll collect an additional 433,000 credits.

All told you can make about 750,000 credits, and 130,000xp in about an hour.

I heard the B-spec endurances give about twice the xp as the did before, and the A-spec give about 3 times. The credits earned is still negligible compared the the American Championship and DCC payouts.

Shaneus

The B-spec things (in ones other than the Nascar one) depend more on the car picked by the CPU than anything else... in the first race I set up, the level 0 (from my secondary) I had completely smoked J. Eisenberg because one had the VW Concept while the other had the V8 Vantage (which is ALWAYS at the back of the pack).

Unless you can pick the cars/class/PI, I don't really see much point in this mode (except the Nascar one).

PS. Apologies for those on my list, I won't be doing *that* many races... my PlayTV is also on my PS3 :/

jey_16

Banned
anyone willing to trade for a car that can win the Historic Racing Cup?

none of the cars i have (pre-1970) even stand a chance.....really should have bought that Toyota 7 when it turned up in the used car lot

Shaneus

I'll gift you the Toyota-7 if you are willing to gift it back when finished... I can't be fucked duping it. Shaneus2k2 if you wanna add me :)

I have an amateur tuning question. It seems like there are different levels of tuning you can buy. Should I buy them progressively(engine tuning stage 1->2->3) or just buy the most expensive one if I can afford it?

offshore

I do so hate asking for handouts, but I've nearly got all 220 premium cars....just missing the X2010.

So if anyone is willing to dupe me one, shoot me a PM. I can send any premium car over, or the Chrome paint, or a large choice of matte paint. Whatever you want.

Even though the X2010 times have been lowered, I'm still miles away.

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
Mr. Pointy said:
PSN is Q_Car. Would love some extra B-Spec drivers. Maybe a '00 Audi RS4 Avant.

hoping to give the b-spec online races a go but none of my psn buddies have shared drivers...

please give me an add if you'd like to race :)

psn = 'galguy'

DonMigs85

offshore said:
I do so hate asking for handouts, but I've nearly got all 220 premium cars....just missing the X2010.

So if anyone is willing to dupe me one, shoot me a PM. I can send any premium car over, or the Chrome paint, or a large choice of matte paint. Whatever you want.

Even though the X2010 times have been lowered, I'm still miles away.
I can give you one in return for the Jaguar XJ13

dk_

Thanks to everyone who uses my drivers!

Me this morning:

dagobert-duck.jpg

BeeDog

Sorry if this has been asked a long time ago (haven't played GT5 for a long time), but what's the best rally car to use for the advanced Gran Turismo Rally events (advanced lvl. 20) races? I want to safely pwn the competition. :p

Goldrusher

BeeDog said:
Sorry if this has been asked a long time ago (haven't played GT5 for a long time), but what's the best rally car to use for the advanced Gran Turismo Rally events (advanced lvl. 20) races? I want to safely pwn the competition. :p
I think I used Loeb's C4 WRC. Want me to share the car, so you can borrow it ?

edit: There we go, feel free to use it.
Go to my profile (GT mode -> profile), then click the car, then choose "borrow". As long as you don't switch to another car, you can use it wherever you want. A-spec, B-spec, seasonals, etc.

BeeDog

Goldrusher said:
I think I used Loeb's C4 WRC. Want me to share the car, so you can borrow it ?

edit: There we go, feel free to use it.
Go to my profile (GT mode -> profile), then click the car, then choose "borrow". As long as you don't switch to another car, you can use it wherever you want. A-spec, B-spec, seasonals, etc.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dk_ said:
Is it more profitable to choose other remote drivers who are better than yourself or weaker (XP-wise)?

AFAIK, it doesn't really matter as the EXP is pretty much the same.

CozMick

Banned
I wonder why PD made the Jaguar XFR '10 a standard car?

Also, has anyone else noticed they've improved the look of the standards?

I saw it on GTPlanet and noticed it myself in-game, maybe its the lighting or reflections, I don't know, but they certainly look better.

Error1355

Shaneus said:
Engine tunes you can only buy progressively. It's the turbo tunes you can buy in any order.

Well isn't that because the Turbo tunes don't stack? I believe they are just three different turbos that work best at either early RPM, mid RPM, or high RPM. =P

Dibbz

Wow been doing B-Spec today and got 3 drivers now. My newest driver (lvl 0) is a beast. I put him on Suzuka SuperGT 10 laps against some friends B-specs, some were lvl 0 others were 15-16 and he came first.

Dibbz

What's the fastest way to level up? I'm half way through lvl 28 A spec but the special events don't give a lot of XP anymore.

Dibbz said:
What's the fastest way to level up? I'm half way through lvl 28 A spec but the special events don't give a lot of XP anymore.
I am currently lvl 31 and I haven't grinded once... just played through all the events/races. But I guess some of the oval races are the best choice, Dream Car Championship and/or Like The Wind but I can't remember which one gives more xp/minute

Goldrusher

Yes.

Dibbz said:
Have you done the seasonals every week ?
The real ones. Not the FR/4WD/etc. stuff, but the ones in the very first group. You can only earn the cash and XP once for those, but you get a lot of it.

Arcane Hayter said:
Plan on getting my drivers up tonight, anybody want to add me?
Arcane_Hayter
Posted this yesterday...

PS3 died last night. 60GB Phat: Launch Edition.
I guess its the YLOD. I wanted to let everyone know if you try to friend me I'm not ignoring you.
Its going to take me a while to get GT5 back up and running. I've got to get my old unit running long enough to transfer stuff to a new PS3.

Dibbz

Goldrusher said:
Yes.

Have you done the seasonals every week ?
The real ones. Not the FR/4WD/etc. stuff, but the ones in the very first group. You can only earn the cash and XP once for those, but you get a lot of it.
Yeah I done most of them when they were out but in S7 events I've only done the Nurburgring with the Subaru and Madrid with a Nissan Z. They still don't seem to give as much as they once did.

BeeDog

I have a couple of low-level B-spec drivers shared, so if anyone wants some easy opposition (and help me out with some cash), then please use them. :)

Do we know why it's not possible to change the rims on standard cars? Wasn't it possible in the previous games? Can't remember anymore.

brentech

brotkasten said:
Do we know why it's not possible to change the rims on standard cars? Wasn't it possible in the previous games? Can't remember anymore.
There wasn't a standard/premium difference in the previous games. I don't believe we know the reasoning though. Maybe someone else has heard..

Errrr what the hell, I didn't change tyres (rain) for 'Ring 24h Dream Car Championship B-spec and everyone on the course is driving like 50 km/h :|

offshore

brotkasten said:
Yeah, you could, and I'm pretty sure GT4 had more rims to choose from as well.

jergrah

Ive barely touched B-Spec - because when I have the time to sit down and play GT5 I want to actually race :) But this remote feature is pretty cool and should help the work day fly by tomorrow. Ill be adding some of you guys later today since none of the folks on my friends list have shared drivers.

Feel free to add me as well -- jergrah

My B-Spec is only Level 2 or 3 I believe, A-Spec Im at 19.

Top Bottom