• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

DonMigs85 said:
They didn't fix that annoying HDR/exposure "effect" either!
Not sure what that is. Example??

These problems aren't exactly game breaking, but they do seem to have a slight negative effect towards the over all experience of the game.

(Bump for new page of interest in being gifted a chrome chip...!)

DonMigs85

When you look from side to side or rear view and back, there's an annoying brightness transition. It's especially apparent in the Tokyo R246 track.

DonMigs85 said:
When you look from side to side or rear view and back, there's an annoying brightness transition. It's especially apparent in the Tokyo R246 track.
Can't say I have noticed that one yet, but it does go dark when looking left and right on snow stages, if that's the same thing... It's pretty crummy.

Shaneus

DonMigs85 said:
Is that similar to the one you get when going from inside a tunnel to outside?

Jilt

Don't know if this is really off-topic, sorry guys, but I just saw that a Gran Turismo Boutique is going online. Could not get the Boutique to open yet, its'available on the gran-turismo.com site. Saw it on the Dutch and English one (checked Korea and US but nothing there yet.

Does anybody have a clue?

GTBoutique.jpg

DonMigs85

Shaneus said:
Is that similar to the one you get when going from inside a tunnel to outside?
Sort of. I don't think it should happen if you're simply looking right and left or back to front though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DonMigs85 said:
They didn't fix that annoying HDR/exposure "effect" either!

Yeah, it still drives me up the wall.

>>tunnel<<

No, that's brightness from darkness and that's a design decision (but it's slightly annoying as the damn thing is a bit bright and makes it hard to see coming out of the tunnel at speed at times).

Tokyo R246 will "blink" and recalculate the lights if you shift your view left/right/back even 1% from the default "look ahead" position. Some other tracks will do it. According to Fersis, it's an HDR thing. But it's fucking annoying all the while.

offshore

DonMigs85 said:
Phew...I thought it was just me who'd noticed this! I thought my TV was broken or something.

It's really irritating.

offshore

Clothing seems pretty underwhelming...the GT logo is either buried at the bottom or so tiny you can't see it.

Tell them to release the wallet that was in the SE, I'd buy that ^_^

BeeDog

Another noob question:

What cars are best for the lvl 21 NASCAR Series and the lvl 22 German Touring Car Championship? Thanks in advance.

h3ro

BeeDog said:
Another noob question:

What cars are best for the lvl 21 NASCAR Series and the lvl 22 German Touring Car Championship? Thanks in advance.

Nascars are spec. Pick the livery you like best. :) (hint: Juan Pablo's Target 42)

For the DTM series, I went with the Lexus ISF Concept that is eligible. Fantastic car to drive that is easy to dial in for great neutral handling.

brentech

NASCAR cars are all the same. Hence, 'stock' cars.

German Touring you're pretty much stuck with used cars I believe. I just used whatever I had, which I believe was an Audi A4 '04 Touring. I later did it again with an Audi TT touring, I think '02 ish.

Goldrusher

h3ro said:
Nascars are spec. Pick the livery you like best. :) (hint: Juan Pablo's Target 42)

For the DTM series, I went with the Lexus ISF Concept that is eligible. Fantastic car to drive that is easy to dial in for great neutral handling.
And you can win a NASCAR by beating the Jeff Gordon challenges (protip: turn off ABS).

Or ask a friend to share the car(s) you need. Can't do it myself, my game is in the middle of an endurance B-spec race.

I just noticed something last night.

It always bothered me why the M3 CSL in game had the 19" wheel option instead of the real CSL wheels though I couldve sworn GT had the CSL with the CSL rims so I went to check my GT PSP and sure enough, the PSP version has the CSL wheels.

WTF Polyphony? you bothered making a new model for PSP, only to use the GT4 model in GT5 *smh*

BeeDog

Thanks guys. Noticed one of my PSN friends had the A4 '04 Touring shared, so tried it and won the 1-lap Nürburgring race. Think I'll use it for the other races as well.

Been B-Spec remote racing from my work all day.

Hopefully everyone on my friends list has seen a bit of a boost. Have favoured people with lower B-Spec levels a bit to give them a bigger boost but haven't been neglecting all you dudes with your level 35s and so on.

Anyone been getting 400 or something errors from the webpage? Using Chrome here.

h3ro

ichinisan said:

Hopefully everyone on my friends list has seen a bit of a boost. Have favoured people with lower B-Spec levels a bit to give them a bigger boost but haven't been neglecting all you dudes with your level 35s and so on.

Anyone been getting 400 or something errors from the webpage? Using Chrome here.

Hey, sending you a FR. I'll run some of your drivers as well when I get the chance! :)

Error1355

33-Hit-Combo said:
Did the patch add a fast forward function in the replays?

I don't believe anything changed with replays except for the ability to change cars with the d-pad.. At least the few I watched yesterday didn't appear to have any different commands/controls.

brentech said:
Sadly, still a big miss.

That's incredible... Could it really be that difficult or troublesome to have this feature? I don't know how their replay system works, but if it can't accommodate such a basic function, that sucks.

JWong

Banned
Is there a Bspec guide somewhere? I haven't touched tuning yet, so I want to get to know a lot more before I get into it.

spats

Error1355 said:
I don't believe anything changed with replays except for the ability to change cars with the d-pad.. At least the few I watched yesterday didn't appear to have any different commands/controls.

They added replays for splitscreen multiplayer, which was a big addition to me. Playing splitscreen with friends and not being able to watch the replay sucked hard.

Dibbz

33-Hit-Combo said:
That's incredible... Could it really be that difficult or troublesome to have this feature? I don't know how their replay system works, but if it can't accommodate such a basic function, that sucks.
I don't think it's as simple as you seem to think it is.

I'm not clued up on how GT's replay system works but I gather from the small file sizes it records input data. To have fast forward, the game would have to calculate physics, aero etc for cars going x2, x3 or even x4 faster. I'm not sure that their engine could accurately simulate that for one car let alone 12-16 cars.

Only solution I can think up is every time you pass the start line (each lap) there is a little flag that is recorded in the replay file that will enable you to jump to that lap without having the need to fast forward anything.

Error1355

Dibbz said:
Only solution I can think up is every time you pass the start line (each lap) there is a little flag that is recorded in the replay file that will enable you to jump to that lap without having the need to fast forward anything.

Genius. Go tweet that to them. >_>

jergrah

ichinisan said:

Im using Firefox and have been running them from work since around 830AM PST and havent seen any 404 errors. The first time I ran a race this morning I did get a pop-up that said "Server Maintenance Taking Place" but after I hit OK, the remote race kicked off.

Also....PSN username clutterlives -- Im assuming you post on this thread which is why you sent me the invite? Id gladly run your cars, but it says your B-Spec drivers are not shared out.

AndyD

aka andydumi
JWong said:
Is there a Bspec guide somewhere? I haven't touched tuning yet, so I want to get to know a lot more before I get into it.
B-spec is not necessarily linked to tuning. Are you looking for a tuning guide, or a b-spec guide?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha. The level 25-30's A/B-Spec images merge together to where the director (you?) is shaking hands with the A-Spec driver (you). I found that amusing.

I'm going to pimp myself one last time and beg you guys/gals to please add me to your friendlist and use my drivers in your remote races. I will be running a TON of Remote Races throughout the day all week, month and ultimately all year long so I should earn you a boatload of Credits and XP and we are talking a big ol' boat. For those that have added me please don't neglect those of us that are alphabetically challenged, stuck at the end of your lists.

EDIT: I guess it might be a good idea to you know, leave my PSN ID which is:

URide_A_Shortbus

Five thumbs up for Mizzou Gaming, he has given my tons of XP already! And I think I have given some back and will surely give more as soon as I fire RB-Spec again

PetriP-TNT said:
Five thumbs up for Mizzou Gaming, he has given my tons of XP already! And I think I have given some back and will surely give more as soon as I fire RB-Spec again
Your drivers continue to dominate then your getting the boot. LOL Seriously though thanks for the endorsement.

h3ro

Mizzou Gaming said:
I'm going to pimp myself one last time and beg you guys/gals to please add me to your friendlist and use my drivers in your remote races. I will be running a TON of Remote Races throughout the day all week, month and ultimately all year long so I should earn you a boatload of Credits and XP and we are talking a big ol' boat. For those that have added me please don't neglect those of us that are alphabetically challenged, stuck at the end of your lists.

URide_A_Shortbus

Sending you a FR. :)

jergrah

Mizzou Gaming said:

URide_A_Shortbus

Ill shoot you an invite tonight -- or if you want to send one before then, my PSN is jergrah

I was running them all morning long from work but for the last hour or so the damn site just says "Currently Taking Part in a Remote Race" but never gives the final stats and when you drill in it just spins. I wonder if my PS3 at home disconnected from PSN at some point?

darkwing

marathonfool said:
About to run some remote races for the next 3 hours. Love the fact I don't need to be in front of the PS3. I can do work on my laptop.

yeah i'm running 16 player races continually lol

Top Bottom