• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

AndyD

aka andydumi
sn1pes said:
Do I need to be offline (ie not playing GT5) for my bspec shared drivers to be usable to others? Or can you guys use them now while I'm playing?
We can use them. As long as they are set to online.

Alright boys and girls I'm about to pull the plug on my remote racing for the night. I've been at it since about 8:00 a.m. and I'll be right back at it tomorrow so those of you that haven't sent me a friend request please seize the opportunity and do so now...do it, do it

THANKS again for those of you that shared drivers, I really appreciate it.

Add me to your friend list, my PSN ID is URide_A_Shortbus.

th3dude

I assume having more drivers in a remote reace = more xp/cr?

I guess I'll create a few more drivers for you guys to mess with! Gonna be trying some of these myself too.

demhajq

Banned
Has anyone noticed that the AI is smarter? They don't ram me as much anymore and actually hit the brakes when I hit the brakes on a turn.

Same thing with B-spec bob. He no longer is afraid to overtake and doesn't brake incessantly behind slower cars.

Currently sharing 3 drivers (M.Schumacher, V.Goff & A.Kidd).

Add me for some remote B-spec. PSN ID:

Also sharing my F2007 and the Chaparral 2J (click my profile, click the cars, click borrow) if you need to use them and don't have them already for the current Seasonal events and the Historic cup respectively.

Ok, at work now and Remote Racing like crazy.

Basically doing this by sorting friends list by B-Spec level and going from the bottom up selecting all drivers per player I can. Running the 20 min races as well.

Melfice7

demhajq said:
Has anyone noticed that the AI is smarter? They don't ram me as much anymore and actually hit the brakes when I hit the brakes on a turn.

Same thing with B-spec bob. He no longer is afraid to overtake and doesn't brake incessantly behind slower cars.

Yes if you drive like you would on real life, they are smart

Goddamn Vettel challenge is driving me insane, just managed to get my first proper two lapper and I was still a second behind the bronzetime. My first lap was the worst I have clocked but the second was the best (1.09:300) AAAAARGH

It's just so bullshit trying to play this with a controller

edit: talking about 'ring

edit: Got bronze, now Suzuka is left...
edit: I hate the track, but still managed to get a 1.15 laptime in under 10 tries, getting it under 1.13 should be a cakewalk so I guess I can get couple of crappy tracks sometime soon

Has anyone else been Remote Racing today? How has the website been? Mine's been up and down like a bloody YoYo.

Also, if you're on my friendlist I won't be racing you're Level 40 drivers, don't really see the point!

darkwing

ichinisan said:
Has anyone else been Remote Racing today? How has the website been? Mine's been up and down like a bloody YoYo.

Also, if you're on my friendlist I won't be racing you're Level 40 drivers, don't really see the point!

same here, keeps saying i have to be logged in o_O

PetriP-TNT said:
Goddamn Vettel challenge is driving me insane, just managed to get my first proper two lapper and I was still a second behind the bronzetime. My first lap was the worst I have clocked but the second was the best (1.09:300) AAAAARGH

It's just so bullshit trying to play this with a controller

edit: talking about 'ring

edit: Got bronze, now Suzuka is left...
edit: I hate the track, but still managed to get a 1.15 laptime in under 10 tries, getting it under 1.13 should be a cakewalk so I guess I can get couple of crappy tracks sometime soon

I golded all three with a wheel but because I was curious I also tried Nurb with a controller. After 4 tries I got silver but couldn't shave off the last second for gold....

I set my ABS to 10 (on the controller) and everything else off (except SRF)

Mizzou Gaming said:
Alright boys and girls I'm about to pull the plug on my remote racing for the night. I've been at it since about 8:00 a.m. and I'll be right back at it tomorrow so those of you that haven't sent me a friend request please seize the opportunity and do so now...do it, do it

THANKS again for those of you that shared drivers, I really appreciate it.

Add me to your friend list, my PSN ID is URide_A_Shortbus.

Yo Mizzou, add me PSN: Daverytimes. I need some cash while at school.

jergrah

Thanks to those that ran my guys yesterday! Im working from home today so will be running them in the background to return the favor.

mclaren777

I just tried using my X2010 for an endurance race and the driver pitted for tires but didn't get any fuel. It was the first stop of the race so it should have done a full refill.

What's going on?

mclaren777

Do AI drivers become slower the more damage they have?

My X2010 has been ramming JGTC cars for 40 laps and they all seem really slow now.

PetriP-TNT said:
B-specced through Gran Valley 300

55000cr/99000xp

are you fucking kidding me.jpg

It´s a joke. If they are striving for realism, then the Indy 500 should pay at least 2 million Cr. for the winner.

I will never understand why they made it so hard to acquire cars. Getting the 1031 is a major grind.

offshore

seattle6418 said:
I will never understand why they made it so hard to acquire cars. Getting the 1031 is a major grind.
I just settled on getting all the premium cars ^_^

But even then I had to use the duping method to get them all, and then I had to find out which ones could have race mods done. I just don't understand why at the very least the game doesn't tell you which cars can have race mods done on them. If it was up to me though, I'd just have RM ones in dealership.

brentech

I was surprised the BSpec 24hr 'Ring event actually pays like 650k CR. It's not even much when you look at the big picture, yet because others are so low, I was surprised to see it when I started the race this morning.

offshore said:
If it was up to me though, I'd just have RM ones in dealership.
Would make much more sense. For those not looking it up online and trying to get every car, they're not bound to figure out that cars like the Suzuki can be RM'd.

offshore

brentech said:
Would make much more sense. For those not looking it up online and trying to get every car, they're not bound to figure out that cars like the Suzuki can be RM'd.
Yeah exactly. Plus when it's only 17 cars that can be RM'd, you can well imagine someone tearing their hair out going through their garage wondering why 95% can't be modded.

Speaking of RM, I wish PD would bring back the RM Honda CR-X del Sol from GT2. You won it by getting all golds in one of the licence tests. Was a real beast.
2ngalnr.jpg

alex1893

@Dibbz

your Britney Spears is a beast ;) ... she dropped to 4th after a mistake in the middle of the race and claimed the top spot in the last lap.

finish57l8.png

th3dude

alex1893 said:
@Dibbz

your Britney Spears is a beast ;) ... she dropped to 4th after a mistake in the middle of the race and claimed the top spot in the last lap.

http://www.abload.de/img/finish57l8.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha, that's awesome.

Big thanks to you and everyone else who has been using my drivers. Was able to add 3 more today due to leveling up. Will be paying back the favors soon :)

Dibbz

alex1893 said:
@Dibbz

wow lol that's awesome. I wouldn't be suprised if she turned to crap after that race though. Happened to everyone in my team so far. Team fucking fail. They all set my expectations high in the first race then become retarded after. Well except for my first driver, he was shit to begin with :lol

Thanks for using my b-spec though. I'll be sure to drop by and help you guys out to.

brentech

JWong said:
Do you get any CP or XP for remote racing?
Yes and yes.
You collect your CR from your drivers using 'Receive Prizes'. Then, during that process, it also gives the drivers their own respective XP, while giving you B-Spec career XP as well.

Kaze13

alex1893 said:
@Dibbz

http://www.abload.de/img/finish57l8.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

V. (Y.) Rossifumi NOOOO!!! Psh, if he was on his M1, he would have wiped the floor with you lot. lol Thanks for using my bot btw.

demhajq

Banned
I still can't believe the AI is actually GOOD in a GT game now. No predefined driving lines, barely any rear ending, just rubbing in general.

Bobo

Goldrusher said:
So today we got Time Trial & Drift Trial #9, but we're still stuck on #7 for the actual Races. :(
Maintenance Notice: Starts 25/02/2011 0300 AM ends at 0400 AM (GMT)... maybe new events after then?

brentech

Finished all endurance events on B-Spec.
Got a level 24 ticket and received the Ferrari F2007.
Quite nice actually, since I bought the F10 '10 for the previous group of Seasonals. One less expensive ass car to buy.

This new patch has been a massive godsend.

I've gone up 9 B-Spec levels since it came out (22-31) so just on the Endurance grind to 40 now. Once that is done and E.Oh is lvl 40 I'll go back and polish off the worst racing series in the history of the planet:

NASCAR

Why our US colleagues seem to love it so I don't know...

offshore

ichinisan said:
NASCAR

Why our US colleagues seem to love it so I don't know...
I like NASCAR, it's really good, close racing, and anyone can win races. Go and watch the last 40 odd laps of the Daytona 500 just gone and I challenge you not to be engrossed. If there is one problem with NASCAR races though it's that they go on too long.

But then again I'm not American, and they clearly like the long length of the races.

offshore said:
I like NASCAR, it's really good, close racing, and anyone can win races. Go and watch the last 40 odd laps of the Daytona 500 just gone and I challenge you not to be engrossed. If there is one problem with NASCAR races though it's that they go on too long.

But then again I'm not American, and they clearly like the long length of the races.

My comment is based around the actual racing. Round and Round and Round, no real corners just the same thing over and over. Just dulls my brain.

plainr_

ichinisan said:
My comment is based around the actual racing. Round and Round and Round, no real corners just the same thing over and over. Just dulls my brain.

Play some Nascar races online it's so much fun. It can get really intense on the last couple laps. I can honestly say it's one of the best races I've had on this game. This is coming from a serious Nascar hater too.

ichinisan said:

Not for you, but it doesn´t mean it´s not good. I love it and judging by the number of "Daytona Nascar clean" lobbies in GT5, a lot of people feel the same way.

Too bad GT5 representation of Nascar is half-assed at best.

RotBot

plainr_ said:
Play some Nascar races online it's so much fun. It can get really intense on the last couple laps. I can honestly say it's one of the best races I've had on this game. This is coming from a serious Nascar hater too.
Same could be said about Shuffle races, karts, or single-model races, though. The random mishmash of cars in most public lobbies is what leads to boring, spread out races.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Massa said:
Drove a friend's F1 2007 and it just drives so much better than the F10. Looks a lot better too.
That's because it's the better F1.

Shaneus

I'm still giving people occasional runthroughs with the B-spec stuff. The last class is complete b/s if you're the host, though... I always seem to get the Vantage which is BY FAR the slowest car out of all :/

distrbnce

Banned
lol, Floris seems to be my only friend with B-spec drivers... I need help, please add me: Madriiax

Pretty low level still, but as long as I have a job that should change.

Top Bottom