• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Shaneus

I'm shit with adding people, so feel free to add me: Shaneus2k2

I plan on going nuts with B-spec over the weekend, so hopefully I can pay some of the people back who have so generously used my drivers!

PS. Is there any way for the host to run multiple drivers? Every time I've played I've only been able to put in one guy :/

Dibbz

Mizzou Gaming said:
I am really confused with the damage unlocking in this game. When will actual damage play a part in my A-Spec races?
There is no unlocking damage.

Different cars have different damage levels. All Premiums are able to get dented, scrathed, bumpers hanging off but rally cars have doors flying open, parts falling off etc.

Standards can get damaged, they deform I think but that's about it.

Mizzou Gaming said:
I am really confused with the damage unlocking in this game. When will actual damage play a part in my A-Spec races?

Never. A-spec only has cosmetic damage and you have to thrash a car for that to even appear.

alex1893

ichinisan said:
This new patch has been a massive godsend.

I've gone up 9 B-Spec levels since it came out (22-31) so just on the Endurance grind to 40 now. Once that is done and E.Oh is lvl 40 I'll go back and polish off the worst racing series in the history of the planet:

NASCAR

Why our US colleagues seem to love it so I don't know...
this.

Couldn't be bothered much with B-Spec till this patch arrived. I found it just too tedious to send a driver out and even have to look after him (slower/faster/overtake etc). Had one driver on lvl 4, now it's 5 of them, 2 on lvl 19 and 1 on lvl 18, 17 and 15 respectively.

BIG thanks to everyone giving them a run... :) that's a jump from B-Spec lvl 4 to 24 in about 2 days.

And for NASCAR:

I found it pretty boring too but I admit it can get pretty intense... gonna go with the comments from plainr_ and offshore here, the build-up before it gets exciting is a little bit long. ;)

Had a remote race where my driver was chasing a 6-pack of cars alone. After nearly reaching it he was slowing down a bit... at first I was like "wtf? you nearly got it" but then I saw he just joined into a 4-pack of following cars to slipstream together into the top group. Finally he finished 4th or 5th, don't know exactly but it was interesting to watch.

brentech

marathonfool said:
Anyone had trouble running remote races today? Couldn't do any races from the website.
I think the site is on the fritz since they're doing maintenance today. I wasn't doing remote races, but was still getting a bunch of error pop-ups. They're working on servers this evening, can only imagine it falls back to that.

Shaneus

brentech said:
I think the site is on the fritz since they're doing maintenance today. I wasn't doing remote races, but was still getting a bunch of error pop-ups. They're working on servers this evening, can only imagine it falls back to that.
I bet it clears out my unclaimed winnings. Again.

Fuck this update.

It´s like they are trying their hardest to make us put away the game.

Now we can´t trade cars over 1 million credits.

How am i supposed to buy those fucking chaparrals and Lambo Miura, and Group C cars now that i can´t use the birthday trick?

Racing the same race 123 times or more just to buy ONE car is not fun. Let alone do this for 20-30 cars that cost over 5 million credits.

Ow god, that´s just so stupid.

I´m pissed with this "punishing" update.

I've started watching some of the remote races I run especially NASCAR and its pretty entertaining and there are some amazing finishes. Earlier one of Shaneus's drivers got around me on the last turn and beat me by.035 seconds. Good stuff

Oh and as far as my damage inquiry goes that is absolutely ridiculous to not have full damage options in career racing. I'm going to go out on a limb and figure the crappy damage implementation in GT5 has been beat around way too much already but seriously wtf?

seattle6418 said:
Fuck this update.

How am i supposed to buy those fucking chaparrals and Lambo Miura, and Group C cars now that i can´t use the birthday trick?

Racing the same race 123 times or more just to buy ONE car is not fun. Let alone do this for 20-30 cars that cost over 5 million credits.

Ridiculous. I guess I can stop trying to acquire all of the cars now. Other than what can be "won" I have no need for the other (expensive) cars out there.

brentech

Hrm, that sounds shitty if true. I have a ticket 1000 and ticket lvl24 sitting on secondary Account. Wonder if they can still be traded.

GT5 1.07

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
Friend Rankings
In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare laptimes with them, allowing you to compete just between your friends for the best laps and scores.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- The calculation of performance points (PP) which is an index of a car's performance, is now calculated without taking into account the tyre selection.You can now combine the performance point restriction and the tyre restriction when setting the regulations for a lounge.
- Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
- Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

[Other Changes]
- Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (Including those in a gift car ticket form) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please utilise the car loan system.

**taken form the granturismo.com web site**

I've been legit all the way. Quite annoying for me as I've lost my Polyphony F1 car which was on loan to a mate from a while back.

I'm just glad I got my Chaparral and my F2007 back from Friends earlier in the week. Geez, I'd have been super pissed if I'd lost those.

Shaneus

It's not a massive deal to me now as I'm largely over the game anyway. I'll still fire it up for a quick fuckaround but I'm pretty sure that's the last of any potential enjoyment pretty much gone.

Mush

Muwahahaha! All those Super GT cars I'd slaved away for on dupe accounts doing only seasonal events are safe!

(I'd better send them over now before they get restricted too)

DonMigs85

By the way, just to make sure... Engine and Body Restoration are capped at 500,000 credits each right?
I was actually planning to dupe some of my favorite expensive cars... One as a favorite, and the other to share online with friends.

What the hell... the missus sent me 5 museum cards, which I accepted, then I went to get rid of some duplicates by sending them out, and it says I've hit my daily limit.

I haven't sent anything in three days you dickheads. How could I have possibly hit my daily limit?

TTG

Anyone have a verdict on the R390 GT1 race car(nissan Le Mans)? Sitting at 2.9 mil in my UCD right now... I'm thinking about it. I was planning on the 787B, but who knows.

Edit: now both the R92CP and the R390 GT1... hmmm.

Mush

TTG said:
Anyone have a verdict on the R390 GT1 race car(nissan Le Mans)? Sitting at 2.9 mil in my UCD right now... I'm thinking about it. I was planning on the 787B, but who knows.
Have you listened to the 787B? Does that not sell you on that alone?

TTG

Mush said:
Have you listened to the 787B? Does that not sell you on that alone?

Sure it sounds great... at idle. All these UCD Group C cars are intriguing, but I don't grind at all so my options are limited. The R92 is 4 mil! But apparently over 1000hp tuned.

Dead Man

-Deadpool- said:
GT5 1.07

I've been legit all the way. Quite annoying for me as I've lost my Polyphony F1 car which was on loan to a mate from a while back.
Fucking dick move. Way to go PD, keep it up and you might just manage to piss everyone off in some way.

seattle6418 said:
Fuck this update.

Yep, I'm fucking bitter at the moment.

Shaneus

Yeah, I really just don't get where they're coming from sometimes. It's like none of them have played a game other than the one they're making.

I wonder if they even think about how any "features"/"enhancements" will affect the end user before implementing them (poorly).

Zaptruder

Banned
Seriously, PD are pretty piss poor *game* designers.

The sim side of things are pretty good, fantastic even... but lets face it. They suck at optimizing resources and fun.

Of course the game is fun in many respects, but only because it's inherent to the act of driving cars.

amar212

CRpy4.jpg

ShortBus

I can't believe there's bitching over this update.
Let's end sharing altogether,Kaz.

I've done just fine without ONCE having to borrow or trade a car.

DonMigs85

ShortBus said:

It's bad for us collector-types who like to drive different cars for fun

I got no problem with this. If I ever need a car I can just loan it (or buy it).

I bet this is more a "this is why we can't have anything nice"-kind of thing.

If they're going to limit trading like this then they need to up the Cr that are earned in A-Spec and B-Spec instead of the crap that is earned currently. It's nice that they upped the XP, but I have no desire to grind for cars like this. And it is a fucking grind. I'll probably max out my Bob and be done with this for a while unless they revert it back.

DonMigs85

Is it just me, or is the texture filtering/LOD bias on the road textures also worse now? It's pretty obvious on the Tokyo track.

offshore

Looks like I did all my duping at the right time ^_^

Seriously though, that's pretty dumb. It's like they don't want people to aquire all the cars.

Dead Man

ShortBus said:

That's nice. You sound like in idiot.

Edit: Actually, that may be harsh. Probably still accurate though.

DonMigs85 said:
Is it just me, or is the texture filtering/LOD bias on the road textures also worse now? It's pretty obvious on the Tokyo track.

And the sky's look really low res and seem to have severe colour banding/polarization and really affect the immersion experience.

Not sure if it's due to patches or they have been there the whole time...

Aren't patches meant to improve games, not destroy it.

Top Bottom