• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gutterboy44 said:
OK I am ready to pimp her out. Convince me you are worthy of borrowing Pam

I am tall and can go all night long. Can I have her, daddy?

I don't need a truck anymore since UFRA stepped in. So that Junior is a bit :lol

mrklaw said:
don't suppose you'd lend that car to me for a while after? Just want to get like the wind done so I can get my own historic race car for b-spec. Hit a dead-end otherwise
It's a bit more complicated than that. Used the...

ZR1 RM for the A-Spec Like The Wind which gave me the...
Minolta 88C which I used for the B-Spec Like The Wind and GT All Stars which gave me the...
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 which I'm currently using for B-Spec Historic Racing Car Cup.

Which car did you want to borrow?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
It's a bit more complicated than that. Used the...

ZR1 RM for the A-Spec Like The Wind which gave me the...
Minolta 88C which I used for the B-Spec Like The Wind and GT All Stars which gave me the...
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 which I'm currently using for B-Spec Historic Racing Car Cup.

Which car did you want to borrow?

Minolta would be great. If I can do like the wind and all stars then I'll get the Toyota for historic and you can have the minolta back. I'm too far behind in a-spec to do like the wind just yet.

iam220 said:
So you've played all the games I've mentioned?

I prefer gtr and lfs (rfactor doesn't click with me). Haven't ponied up for iRacing yet. But I think the point is if you put in time with GT5, and then try the aformentioned PC sims, it's not like you're going to be vaulted into some new astral plane of simulation, as if GT's model is merely earnest simulacrum in comparison. You'll hardly be out of your depth handling the nuances of these different driving models. In fact you'll be right at home, because they share quite a lot in common. (like maths and stuff). That's all.. I don't see how anybody is impugning PC sims by giving GT's driving model favorable or even comparable marks. That's silly, reflexive even. Anyone with the equipment should check out PC sims because they're great sims, period. But they're far more idiosyncratic than some 'ideal'.

Metalmurphy said:
And you get the cars even without getting a trophy in them? oO

Sorry, I should have clarified. This is to quickly cycle your used car dealership. You don't actually need to do a race to cycle a "day" and therefore 6 new cars in the used lot. So by loading B-1, then going next, to b-2 and so on to b-5 you have cycled 5 game days which will have fully cycled in an all new used lot. Quick way to see lots of used cars.

gutterboy44 said:
Sorry, I should have clarified. This is to quickly cycle your used car dealership. You don't actually need to do a race to cycle a "day" and therefore 6 new cars in the used lot. So by loading B-1, then going next, to b-2 and so on to b-5 you have cycled 5 game days which will have fully cycled in an all new used lot. Quick way to see lots of used cars.

Ahh got it. Good thinkin.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just won some chrome paint. Considering the stupid way GT5 doesn't let you preview what it'll look like before you use it, and you can only use it once before it disappears (smh), what car would you recommend putting it on?

Leunam

5233618836_efd12842a4_b.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
gutterboy44 said:

oh ,awesome.

still used cars "cycle" thingy need to die and to be replaced by a full permanent list of all the standard cars.

mrklaw said:
just won some chrome paint. Considering the stupid way GT5 doesn't let you preview what it'll look like before you use it, and you can only use it once before it disappears (smh), what car would you recommend putting it on?

You can exploit the gifting system by setting up a dummy account and gifting the car you paint back and forth to regain and multiply the paint chip.

LCfiner

mrklaw said:

Kubelwagon is the only true answer.

captscience said:
You can exploit the gifting system by setting up a dummy account and gifting the car you paint back and forth to regain and multiply the paint chip.
and send your self some paint. 3 paint color in 1 day.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
captscience said:

can I just do that with my UK/JPN PSN accounts? just sign into them and boot up GT5 to create a save in that profile?

test_account

XP-39C²
I just finished the 5 Mercedes AMG challenges in one sitting, playing with hood/bumper cam. When i had gotten used to the speed of the Mercedes car in rainy condition. After that i took an Audi R10 to Nürburgring in dry condition. Man.. to begin with it looked like the gameplay was speed up a lot! Hehe :D

Steroyd

Polyphony Designer #1: What is the best way to torture Steroyd?

Polyphony Designer #2: Make him drive nurburgring

Polyphony Designer #3: That's not enough, he needs to feel more PAIN!

Polyphony Designer #1: I know we'll make him drive nurburgring in the rain with a shitty car.

:(

T Ghost

h3ro said:
No problem bud. I'm sorry you feel like this place isn't friendly because I feel the opposite. Sure there are morons in random threads, but game/community based threads are filled with people who just enjoy gaming, not so much the media/fanboy drivel. It's all in good fun (which was what my "boo this man" comment was, just kidding around).

Don't worry about the truck. Looks like we have a few going around now. Enjoy the game and definitely don't be scared to post on here.

Thanks! People are QUICK to judge here and hate is even faster. There's never a: "what do you mean dude?". The pointing finger screaming "a-hole"is lightning fast here.

Dead Man said:
All he meant was a security, something other posters have asked for for rare cars.
Exactly. And I was explicit in my post: "I'll return your deposit car as soon as you return my truck". Now I'm being called a jackass because I used the word deposit instead of security. Welcome to my NeoGAF. I'm amazed I wasn't banned yet for this.

Steroyd

test_account said:
I just finished the 5 Mercedes AMG challenges in one sitting, playing with hood/bumper cam. When i had gotten used to the speed of the Mercedes car in rainy condition. After that i took an Audi R10 to Nürburgring in dry condition. Man.. to begin with it looked like the gameplay was speed up a lot! Hehe :D

I see a straight, full speed!

Oh snap a 1 degree corner, HIT THE BRAKES!!!

mrklaw said:
can I just do that with my UK/JPN PSN accounts? just sign into them and boot up GT5 to create a save in that profile?

Exactly. I've only used a duplicate US account but I haven't heard anything about gifting being region locked.

Huggers

What's going on with Gaffers and online play? We should organise some set nights, hopefully we can get a good number of us playing. At least until the league thing starts

and T Ghost. Don't be so sensitive! Most people on Gaf are very friendly, far friendlier than a lot of message boards

expy

Banned
theignoramus said:
I dont see how they expect DS3 users to be able to control that thing around a technical course.
I don't think that car was designed with the DS3 in mind. >_>

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I really hope they change up the online login bonus later on. Getting a can of paint or a new horn would be pretty nifty.

Also, I just realized I haven't installed any horns whatsoever. :p

brentech

chubigans said:
I really hope they change up the online login bonus later on. Getting a can of paint or a new horn would be pretty nifty.

Also, I just realized I haven't installed any horns whatsoever. :p
Yeah, I haven't touched any of them either. I doubt many have.

brentech

expy said:
I have so many museum cards stocked up, I don't even know what they do. :lol
I've gone in a few times, but seems to just give you a history lesson on the particular car. Don't think it's more than a picture and text, but I haven't dove in any further so I could be wrong.

dwebo

Went back and tried the Vettel challenges again after a day or two of no driving. Yeah, I think I'm even worse now. :lol

So terrible. Three stupid time trials, and you won't even give me a useful ghost, ie. my own. Instead it's some near perfect driver, which is absolutely useless when you're just starting out since it'll zoom out of view within a few turns and you'll learn nothing (yay, get to watch his replay over and over). And times that aren't bronze don't count at all, so you have to keep mental notes of time checks to mark your own improvement.

Ugh. So fucking terrible. Why the hell would I ever want to drive this racer around anything complicated? I'm not an F1 driver!

LCfiner

brentech said:
I've gone in a few times, but seems to just give you a history lesson on the particular car. Don't think it's more than a picture and text, but I haven't dove in any further so I could be wrong.

it’s more the manufacturers than the cars.

when I started scrolling down the blank spots in the lists, I realized there are hundreds upon hundred of these factoid an pictures and it would take years to see them all if you get 5 cards a day.

kinda hope they release a patch that unlocks them all down the line… (or let you unlock them with in game credits)

plainr_

Finally won a Delorean. Now I need me a Flux Capacitor and a Mr. Fusion installed so I can travel to the future to pick up GT6.

Man, the tv ads for this game in france are such complete ass.

"OH MAN, I HOPE YOU HAVE GOT GOOD INSURANCE!!" "OH SNAP!!!" "WOOOO!!", ends with a douchy "zeee game eeezz jus' zeee stort" in fake exaggerated french-american accent.

*barfs*

PQ8fd.png

This post was brought to you by the NeoGAF Racing League, in association with Niks

This is it guys!

REGISTRATIONS TO THE NEOGAF RACING LEAGUE ARE NOW OPEN!

Just go to the official NRL thread, read the updated rules, and follow the link to the registration form:
NeoGAF GT5 Racing League Thread

And to get everyone in hyped for this, here's the updated and final version of the NRL trailer:
NeoGAF GT5 Racing League Trailer (UPDATED)

HYPE!!!!!!!!!

Now... who wants to team up with me? :p Goldrusher? SSX? Niks? anyone? :lol

*edit*

Oh, and a small reminder, the NeoGAFer in a Reasonably Priced Car has also started, only 3 times so far, common people! Participate! :D

dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

Fucking truck cups. I was left with no money after tuning my truck for the B spec Daytona race. Sonofabitch. :lol

At the very least the B spec event is done. I'll finish the A spec cup tonight and after that, if anybody wants a 750+Hp truck for those events, I'll be glad to help so nobody has to endure what I just went through. >_<

Top Bottom