• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Rflagg

LCfiner said:
whoa. I don’t know if I could enjoy the game if I hadn’t bought the cars that I have at this point (around 30 premiums and 8 or 9 standards) at level 20.

living off the prizes you get is possible but I love trying out the variety.

and I’m hooked on the detail of the premium models - of course, I like taking them into photo travel mode so that’s a part of it for me.
This.
I keep all my prize cars and buy others, part of the fun for me is see what a random car can become. Right I am saving however, hoping that by the time I see a formula gt I will have the cash, currently only have 1.5 million. I need to grind the rest of my way to 20 I have only historic and gt all stars left that I can play, but I don't see a way with my current skill level/cars.

UFRA

darkwing said:
anyways, someone gifted me the Ferrari P4 race car, that thing is sexy, eats the historic cup race too :lol

Yeah, I had a very nice friend gift that to me as well.

Saved my ass from having to buy one of those historic cars, and I fully upgraded it and I won the historic cup in B-Spec with it!

Deep Forest was tough...my AI driver could only get 3rd at first, but then I used the AI's "cooldown" as a weapon against them. I let the first and second place guys cool all the way down to the blue end of their meter. Then, that's when I told my guy (who was maintaining a middle pace in the meter) to pace the hell up and then he passed both of them (the dreaded Toyota 7 and a Chapparal 2J) and got such a significant lead in that time period that they went back to cooldown rather than getting pissed off and trying to catch me!!! I was so happy it worked, and it was cool to have to strategize to win like that.

Haven't even gotten that far in A-Spec yet.

Mush

Why is every darn B-Spec race telling me that I can only use Comfort tires when half my cars already have Racing slicks installed. :/

Yoritomo

Mush said:
Why is every darn B-Spec race telling me that I can only use Comfort tires when half my cars already have Racing slicks installed. :/

That was the weirdest part for me. I really really wish those restrictions existed in A-spec as there was no way to figure out what the appropriate tires were for each race.

FUUUUUUUUU I knew this would happen. F1 PD finally appears and I haven't saved up enough money yet. Mother fucker. See you next time car :(

Rflagg

UFRA said:
Yeah, I had a very nice friend gift that to me as well.

Saved my ass from having to buy one of those historic cars, and I fully upgraded it and I won the historic cup in B-Spec with it!

Deep Forest was tough...my AI driver could only get 3rd at first, but then I used the AI's "cooldown" as a weapon against them. I let the first and second place guys cool all the way down to the blue end of their meter. Then, that's when I told my guy (who was maintaining a middle pace in the meter) to pace the hell up and then he passed both of them (the dreaded Toyota 7 and a Chapparal 2J) and got such a significant lead in that time period that they went back to cooldown rather than getting pissed off and trying to catch me!!! I was so happy it worked, and it was cool to have to strategize to win like that.

Haven't even gotten that far in A-Spec yet.
My current plan is to level my b spec dude up and get the Toyota 7 for that race. I might cheat my way to a p4 after I win every race in gt mode. Other then endurance races, can one save progress in those races? I can't realistically see my self racing 24 in one setting. I might be able to a spec the 4 hour stuff as I have had play sessions that have lasted as long a 6 hours so far.

Fistwell said:
How do you mean next time? Didn't they tell you? You've had your chance...
no, not really

It was so pretty. Nice dark blue color and only 7k km on it. I am hoping the next one is black and 0km. I tell myself to prevent the rage fest.

gutterboy44 said:
It was so pretty. Nice dark blue color and only 7k km on it. I am hoping the next one is black and 0km. I tell myself to prevent the rage fest.
Couldn't bite the bullet and sell a bunch of cars to make up the difference?

kitch9

Banned
Starfish_Oxide said:
Anyone got a car for the Historic Car Cup races that they are willing to trade? need one badly
Are you on Facebook? If so get a mate to install the gt5 Facebook app and challenge him to a grudge match 4 times....

You'll get an unlock code for 20 million XJ13 which you can use....

LCfiner

jockamo said:
It's strictly B-Spec today. I'm way behind everyone else here. Level 8. :lol

you’re ahead of me. my B-spec is level 2.

(I can’t bother to care about B-spec after trying it out a bit and reading more opinions here)

turnbuckle said:
Had a million credits and not a single decent pre 1980 muscle car so I had at least 3 A and B spec challenges I couldn't do. I noticed the 1970 Mustang Transcammer and had sticker shock, but the car looks badass and after upgrades I and my B-spec drivers could easily take care of those events I've been ineligible for.

Spend close to a million credits buying it and tuning it.
See the car isn't eligible for those events.
Turn the game off in a panic, turn it back on and my mistake wasn't erased.

FUCK.

I can loan you a car. A have a couple Corvettes, a 467hp Mustang, a Cobra 427. Let me know what you want.

Goldrusher

kitch9 said:
Are you on Facebook? If so get a mate to install the gt5 Facebook app and challenge him to a grudge match 4 times....

You can't use that particular XJ13 in that event. It doesn't have a "year", so the game doesn't know if it's allowed in the event.
You can use a bought XJ13, but not the Facebook Chrome Line version.

turnbuckle

weekend_warrior said:
I can loan you a car. A have a couple Corvettes, a 467hp Mustang, a Cobra 427. Let me know what you want.

You're my hero. My psn is turnbuckle47. Any of the cars would be fine. I'll drive extra carefully :D

plainr_

LCfiner said:

(I can’t bother to care about B-spec after trying it out a bit and reading more opinions here)

It's quite fun but the reason why I stopped before was because of those g'damn 10 lap races. Makes me want to rage quit and race. :lol

turnbuckle

kitch9 said:

Was this made available in the US? When I tried it last week it called me a dumb american and crashed my browser.

LCfiner

jockamo said:
It's quite fun but the reason why I stopped before was because of those g'damn 10 lap races. Makes me want to rage quit and race. :lol

see, I just read about the driver AI in those longer races and it made me not want to bother :)

maybe if the GT anywhere is really robust I might start it up.

LCfiner said:
see, I just read about the driver AI in those longer races and it made me not want to bother :)

maybe if the GT anywhere is really robust I might start it up.
I'm having C.Ferrari destroy the competition in pro gt championship as we speak, while watching soccer and browsing gaf, it's bearable.

kitch9

Banned
Goldrusher said:
You can't use that particular XJ13 in that event. It doesn't have a "year", so the game doesn't know if it's allowed in the event.
You can use a bought XJ13, but not the Facebook Chrome Line version.
Oh ffs, just unlocked it but not used it....

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
LCfiner said:

same here ( I tried it once ), I just want to drive , it's like just watching a delicious cake when you can actually sit and eat it.

Fistwell said:
Couldn't bite the bullet and sell a bunch of cars to make up the difference?

I was a million short and none of my fancy cars are allowed to be sold, even the premium ones I purchased like the Enzo. So weird.

Steroyd

Hooray I got my B-spec to level 25, NASCAR can kiss my ass.

Endurance races is what B-Spec was made for. :D

Holy crap I need 4 drivers for the event I've only really levelled 2 of them.

turnbuckle

Steroyd said:

Thanks for the warning.

paskowitz

Steroyd said:

Unless one of your drivers is named, C.Norris, you are going to need a couple of back ups. I currently have my main at lvl 18 and my 3 reserves at lvl 12.

kitch9 said:

Eh ya its not letting me use the car for the race... any ideas?

gutterboy44 said:
I was a million short and none of my fancy cars are allowed to be sold, even the premium ones I purchased like the Enzo. So weird.
Oh i didn't know that. There are cars you can't sell? What gives!?

Fistwell said:
Oh i didn't know that. There are cars you can't sell? What gives!?

Since you can't farm cars I am even more sensitive to selling off cars than in previous games but I checked to see if I could maybe sell 1 or 2 that I could re buy and so few of my super cars are allowed to be sold. It is very odd. I turned off favorites on them to make sure, but no dice. "Not allowed to sell" but you can remove it from your garage. Maybe to inspire gifting?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
gutterboy44 said:
FUUUUUUUUU I knew this would happen. F1 PD finally appears and I haven't saved up enough money yet. Mother fucker. See you next time car :(
I feel for you. I remember having to use a fuckin 'periodic table' spreadsheet for some of the more interesting cars in GT4. From reading this thread, GT5 seems like a pious follower of the tradition.

Did someone get banned here recently?

Just got this comment on my NRL Trailer
ThumbsUpIfUAgree said:
1 hour ago
NEOGAF is full of PISSY PANT NERDS WHO WEEP IN A CORNER IF PEOPLE DISS GT5

:lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Steroyd said:

just throw those nothing drivers into an extreme 2 driver race. Even if they finish last, they'll earn the same XP. And at extreme,they'll probably level up 2 levels per race. You'll have them up there in no time

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
Yay, finally got the All Stars event done in bpsec, time to use my wing on an engine to get the historic race done! \o/

don't suppose you'd lend that car to me for a while after? Just want to get like the wind done so I can get my own historic race car for b-spec. Hit a dead-end otherwise

Alucrid

Banned
Metalmurphy said:

I love when the first time people do when they get banned is go somewhere to whine about being banned.

Metalmurphy said:

Kind of true though. Some guy will diss something and 15 quoted replies while an honest question has to be reposted a couple times :lol

God, it is killing me having my wheel under the tree and nothing I can do ...

Steroyd

mrklaw said:
just throw those nothing drivers into an extreme 2 driver race. Even if they finish last, they'll earn the same XP. And at extreme,they'll probably level up 2 levels per race. You'll have them up there in no time

Yeah I can level them up from level 1 to level 6 in one race, but still wasn't expecting going from needing 2 drivers to 4.

And they're expected to last 15 laps each geez.

via GTP

ekzpie
The fastest way (or atleast a very fast way, that I used) is just going into B-1 license test. Then "arrow" through B-2 - B-5 without driving them.

There you go, 30 new cars in your garage

Neat, maybe I can get that F1 car back in my dealership sooner than I thought.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Finally beat all the Loeb Rally challenges, I fucking love the feel of rally in this game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Steroyd said:
And they're expected to last 15 laps each geez.

ouch. Even my level 22 guy was screaming in pain after 15 laps. I think you'd probably need minimum of level 20. Although once you've used up all four drivers you can pit and go back to the first driver, he'll probably have recovered half his strength by then, assuming you can build up enough gap for an extra stop

Top Bottom