• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I had a DS3 and this is how I did it.

TCS 1-3
Steering sensitivity 7

Everything off.

Also realize that you will do each event 10 or more times so don't get flustered. Eventually you WILL make it.

Shambles

I can't be bothered to re-do all the progress I did on my friends save file. I don't have access to that machine anymore to copy it and having a hard time finding one online. Anyone have a link to any sort of GT5 save file with a good amount of progress?

Platinum get!

Yay!

B-spec no more, never again, etc...

I´m celebrating.

Now only 22 cars to collect and 3 a-spec races to fully complete this.

Dead Man

seattle6418 said:
Platinum get!

Yay!

I´m celebrating.

Bloody hell. Congratulations, but that is some seroius time investment too. You are way more dedicated than me! It's odd you can platinum without winning all the A spec races.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DonMigs85 said:
Would it still let you earn Trophies? That's the only thing I'm against, even if one may consider them trifling.

If you're modifying the save, it's safe to assume the game is going to let you unlock the trophies because it thinks it is your save?

Dead Man said:
It's odd you can platinum without winning all the A spec races.
Wait... how?

Edit - Oh, I see. So anyone know which ones you can leave? I haven't been bothered getting the platinum because I don't want to do the 24 hour races.

Rflagg

seattle6418 said:
Platinum get!

Yay!

I´m celebrating.

Impressive, I don't have the devotion required for this trophy.

brentech

Of all the challenges in the game, I think it's the license test with the FT86...cone slalom that would prevent me from golding everything in the game.
I started off just completing all the tests, and then going back through, golding them in order. Got stuck on that one and gave up.

Every now and then, I got back and pick up a few of the later ones, but that single test drives me insane. Don't know why, just always fail to maintain control and speed with that thing.

Dibbz

seattle6418 said:
Platinum get!

Yay!

I´m celebrating.

wow Jesus Christ well done. Kaz should personally come down and deliver a real trophy to you. That's some mega time investment into GT5.

Dibbz said:
wow Jesus Christ well done. Kaz should personally come down and deliver a real trophy to you. That's some mega time investment into GT5.

What´s funny is that i have 125,000 kilometers on my save, and almost 100,000 of them are on B-spec.

My X2010 alone has 85,000 kilometers, and i only driven it once or twice on a-spec.

I went through the whole grind and it was not fun. I have a feeling now the game will be fun, specially once the car leaderboards are implemented.

If somehow i miss this save, i don´t think i´ll be able to go through b-spec again.

The game is trully awesome when is just about driving. Some other parts... not so much.

brentech

seattle6418 said:
What´s funny is that i have 125,000 kilometers on my save, and almost 100,000 of them are on B-spec.

My X2010 alone has 85,000 kilometers, and i only driven it once or twice on a-spec.

I went through the whole grind and it was not fun. I have a feeling now the game will be fun, specially once the car leaderboards are implemented.

If somehow i miss this save, i don´t think i´ll be able to go through b-spec again.

The game is trully awesome when is just about driving. Some other parts... not so much.
Yeah, I'm at almost exact same distance total, and yup, also level 40 B-spec. It's a horrible grind for the PS3.

brentech

I think right now, they're just glad to be living.
While he undoubtedly has nothing to do with recovery, I'll give them a pass until the real worries stabilize around them. Then we can get back to complaining about a lack of fundamental changes.
Was sad to see the lack of change, but amazed anything was added tbh.

Hopefully when things get a little more normal, the right people will get the message across.

Jilt

TheSeks said:
Still not fixing the HUGE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. Jesus Christ, Kaz, do you live in a vacuum of people not saying "EXP AND MONEY GRIND SUCKS FIX IT?"

Actually, they are living in a vacuum at the moment.
You should be glad there even was an update on events and dealership this month.

Jilt said:
You should be glad there even was an update on events and dealership this month.
bu bu bu bu but my EXP and virtual pennies q__q

... some people...

Mush

Angst said:
As part of next season's schedule we are aiming to use one user created track. To involve you guys we are going to hold a competition were you submit your track to us and we will vote on the best track.

Once we have decided on a user generated track it will be shared on the SuperGT profile where you can download it and then practice on it.

Rules:
1. track length should be maximum 6 km (around 4 miles)
2. theme will be the Eifel (Circuit) theme

Prize:
Eternal internet fame for having created a track for the Super GT circus. :p

Submit your track by sharing it on your profile and then posting here that you have a shared track that you want us to try out.
FOR THE HORDE NEW PAGE

Dead Man

Jilt said:
There should have been no update if things are so bad, if they had time to do an update, update the things people are actually asking for.

TheSeks

Jilt said:

That doesn't excuse the fact that Events 1-4 had AWESOME EXP for people to level up on, even if it was one race.

Changing a single value in Money/EXP for rewards given isn't OH SO HARD as you guys think it is, Japan Quake or not.

Edit:

Here you go, Kaz, I've just fixed your game for you with a simple two minute fix.

Nurb 1 lap with production car, upgrades and overpowering the AI okay.

1st place: 80000K exp? No, fuck that, let's add some zeros.

1st place: 80,000,000,000

Boom. Fixed the grind in one race. I'm awesome, I know.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
That doesn't excuse the fact that Events 1-4 had AWESOME EXP for people to level up on, even if it was one race.

Changing a single value in Money/EXP for rewards given isn't OH SO HARD as you guys think it is, Japan Quake or not.

Edit:

Here you go, Kaz, I've just fixed your game for you with a simple two minute fix.

Nurb 1 lap with production car, upgrades and overpowering the AI okay.

1st place: 80000K exp? No, fuck that, let's add some zeros.

1st place: 80,000,000,000

Boom. Fixed the grind in one race. I'm awesome, I know.
:)

TheSeks

Dead Man said:

B-B-BUT JAPAN QUAKE! I SHOULD BE SYMPATHETIC!

I'm happy for you Kaz and PD, for being alive, and I'll let you stay alive and deal with the quake...

BUT A SIMPLE TWO MINUTE FIX TO FIX THE FUCKING STUPID GRIND ISN'T HARD TO DO FOR ALL TIME!

"Hey I am new to this game oh a race wait wat is dis why am I lvl40 and can afford every car in the game and license tests give me blowjobs i am no good with computers"

brentech

Really didn't mean to turn it into that type of argument...just stating I was surprised there was an update.

I personally think the fix for XP should come within A-Spec instead of seasonals to ensure they don't break the game for anyone starting or at a low level (which is why I figured it would happen in a patch, not a weekly). Do whatever with CR - more is needed everywhere, but XP should just be put on an exponential curve for each class in A/B Spec.

It's almost like they made their XP awards and level requirements around the vanilla version of World of Warcraft, lol.

Ok man, I am finally losing it with this used dealership stuff.

Why can't we just buy used cars like we can buy motherfucking premium cars? Lack of memory? It's just so freak annoying and I'm mad that I can't paint my F1 Gran Turismo car another color.

Just to let everyone know I have been forced into a hiatus from GT5 because my PS3 died the Yellow Light of DEATH. I actually had a new PS3 on-hand, but my GT5 disc is stuck in the busted unit so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If you counted on me racing your drivers in my many remote races I apologize. I will continue those races as soon as I can.

The same day this happened some idiot totaled my car in real life by plowing into the back of my car. Its been a great week.

ssolitare said:
Ok man, I am finally losing it with this used dealership stuff.

Why can't we just buy used cars like we can buy motherfucking premium cars? Lack of memory? It's just so freak annoying and I'm mad that I can't paint my F1 Gran Turismo car another color.

The paint system in this game is just silly. The paint chip concept is just stupid on so many levels and second I love how I'm restricted to paint "any" car in a video game.

Really? its a fuckin video game. Why cant I paint ANY car that I buy? The game has a pretty random selection in which certain cars which I thought I couldnt repaint was actually possible, while some cars which seem plausible are actually unpaintable. What the fuck is that all about?

I wouldve preferred if they ditched the UCD and just introduced the rotating dealership from GTPSP. That way you have an idea on what day(s) certain cars will show up, not to mention saving you $$$ into having engine restoration and chassis repair for every used fuckin car you purchase. That shit's not cheap once you tally up how much used cars you buy/have, especially on race cars.

Top that with shit credit prizes in this game and boy does this game punish the hell out of its players for some petty cash >_>

I wonder how many people will collect all the museum cards? I've been loading the game daily for something like 4 months now and I'd say I'm not even half way through collecting them.

Batshit mental.

offshore

fu3lfr3nzy said:
The paint system in this game is just silly.
It's not just silly, it's emphatically broken. Why...why can't they just have every single paint chip unlocked and ready to use in GT Auto with unlimited usage? The current system just makes zero sense. I mean, you can't even paint your wheels the same colour as the body if you use up your only chip.

I've moaned about this enough, I know :p...but it's so broken, I can't help it.

DonMigs85

offshore said:
It's not just silly, it's emphatically broken. Why...why can't they just have every single paint chip unlocked and ready to use in GT Auto with unlimited usage? The current system just makes zero sense. I mean, you can't even paint your wheels the same colour as the body if you use up your only chip.

Yeah, even the Chrome paints have to cost 500,000 each, why can't they just do it that way?

jergrah

I love racing in this game -- but I agree with all of the common complaints (horrible UI/menu system, paint system, the grinding, etc).

The one thing that drives me crazy though is the Car Delivery system. When I wait until 5 or 6 cars are in there and then you go click on the Delivery truck
- Shows 6 boxes of the cars being delivered
- Select 1
- Are you sure you want to select this?
- Yes
- Horrible music and the video (from the worst possible angle) of the car rolling forward
- Do you want to use this car now?
- No
- Returned to My Home Screen
- Click on Delivery Truck
- Repeat 5 more times for each of the other cars

Arghhhh......just show me the cars and add them to my garage!

Also, it's probably been stated 1000x before, but there should be an icon or something on every car that let's you know if it can be Race Modified. I shouldnt have to go into tuning and select Race Modify just to then get told "Sorry - no can do"

With all that stated, I have dumped an ungodly amount of time into this game and do have a blast when on the courses and am actually racing.

DonMigs85

ssolitare said:
I also think that they should eliminate the oil change HP increase property when it comes to new cars.
No it's correct. Your car just had regular oil before, now it has premium Polyphony oil.

offshore said:

the paint system is fine and a very clever way of allowing people to have uniquely painted cars without a full on "pokemon paint-shop".

not sure if i am i allowed to repeat this?, as it's not a negative hyperbolic statement. i know only repeated constant bitching seems to be accepted around here.

I don't understand why you clowns don't move on to the better racing games out there if this one angers you all so much...

AndyD

aka andydumi
offshore said:

I think this would be a little too generous. I can see their idea of chips, but its broken, and with that I agree.

What I think would fix it is either: once a chip is unlocked/bough, its unlimited. Or unlock more and more chips as you level up. Make every level give you something, from cards, to chips, to horns and whatnot so that as you get to higher levels you unlock more and more customization options.

The idea of starting with little money and an empty garage and little options is a fine one, but they need along with it a nice strong progression and reward system. And that is the big failure of the game for me.

gamebroker said:
the paint system is fine and a very clever way of allowing people to have uniquely painted cars without a full on "pokemon paint-shop".

Honestly they should just let people do what they want with horns, paint and car collections. If the player base valued uniqueness then PD should make it so, but who really does?
Players are more concerned about what colors they themselves like. Maybe my identity as a player is to paint every applicable BMW car in the game chrome, what's wrong with being able to do that easily? What do I care if someone else does it?

I'll join the whining :p

- Make paint chips unlimited
- Turn UCD into a section inside every manufacturer, JUST LIKE IN THE FIRST GRAN TURISMOS FFS. If you still want to give it depth, make it so that really rare cars like Miura, P330 or whatever 20-15 million dollar cars appear after you ask for them or something, dunno.
- Optimize the loading times so there are NONE between menus.
- Remove the car delivery system entirely. Make it like in the previous GTs, the rotating thing at the end of the events.
- Patch, SOMEHOW, a function to make the game remember your photo mode settings. It really is infuriating to have to manually reset them EVERY SINGLE TIME.
- Multiply the amount of credits you earn by four or five, same with experience. I THANK GOD (that is Kaz) for remote racing. I'd be extremely poor if it weren't for it.
- Remove the money cap.
- Cars you earn in events are infinite, just like it always was. And let me sell them for good money ffs. Also let me remove every upgrade even if it's unrealistic thanks (except RM).
- Remove auto-saving. And add an option to load saves without having to quit.
- Saving mid-race and mid-tournament.

There, I fixed the game and saved myself A LOT of time that I can spend actually enjoying the game. Thank you Kaz!

jergrah

On a positive note - I finished the first Red Bull X1 Challenge last night!! Going to tackle the last 2 tonight hopefully and then Ill be only missing 1 special event, the final Jeff Gordon challenge :\

Risk Breaker said:
Aye. Once you have a paint chip (be it earned or swapped) then you should be able to use it as many times as you want.

It's not like there's any sort of car selling system in place so you're not exactly going to flood any sort of "market" with shimmering pink Veyrons. :D

brentech

Agree with almost all of the list, but keeping on the biggest most profane and easily resolved issues:

Risk Breaker said:
- Patch, SOMEHOW, a function to make the game remember your photo mode settings. It really is infuriating to have to manually reset them EVERY SINGLE TIME. omg omg omg, yes!
- Remove the money cap. seriously, why does it exist. if it's because some number barrier, than it should at least be able to hit 99,999,999
- Cars you earn in events are infinite, just like it always was. And let me sell them for good money ffs. Also let me remove every upgrade even if it's unrealistic thanks (except RM).
- Saving mid-race and mid-tournament. thank god he has confirmed this as 'under development

gamebroker said:
not sure if i am i allowed to repeat this?, as it's not a negative hyperbolic statement. i know only repeated constant bitching seems to be accepted around here.

I don't understand why you clowns don't move on to the better racing games out there if this one angers you all so much...
Hrm, I wonder why people respond that way to you....
And seriously, gamebroker, your shit is old and trite. The people here obviously love the game and continue to play it. Go shill GameTrailers. None of the complaints are absolute game breakers. Simply a list of things that could reasonably be fixed. And many of them should be.

Shaneus

Eh, I saw him posting in another thread about how some other game should merely copy GT5 exactly and leave it at that. Dude is clearly a troll.

offshore

Note to self: don't put the room hoster in the wall
01laugh.gif

Top Bottom