• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Bobo

Lamborghini Exclusive, Your car and can be tuned to 600 PP.

5 laps @ Cape Ring Periphery, 127,100 Cr / 14,800 Exp
5 laps @ Madrid City Course, 137,000 Cr / 15,900 Exp
5 laps @ Trial Mountain, 143,900 Cr / 16,700 Exp
5 laps @ Nurburgring GP/D, 159,800 Cr / 17,000 Exp
5 laps @ Toscana Tarmac, 141,700 Cr / 17,700 Exp

offshore

They should make them all 250,000 Cr a race. Then that'd be 1.25 million a week, and would net you a few cars.

And for those who'd want to save, it would take 16 weeks to hits 20 million. That seems like a fair balance to me.

Mush

...well, at least they're still updating the seasonals? That's something, I guess.

I don't need the money, Kaz, I need the XP. I've been sitting at lvl. 29 for close to a month, if not longer.

HELP A BROSKI OUT

amar212

offshore said:
They should make them all 250,000 Cr a race. Then that'd be 1.25 million a week, and would net you a few cars.

And for those who'd want to save, it would take 16 weeks to hits 20 million. That seems like a fair balance to me.

You can race these Sesonals as much times as you like. Those are not Bonus Races.

So basically, you can earn 750.000 per "turn" (25 laps) and earning aprox. 2,5 mills per day if you race these Seasonals 3 times a day. THrow in Formula 1 races (still avalable) and some Japanese Classics for fun, and for 3 hour session you can net more than 5 millions per day.

Dead Man

Pimping the Neogaf SuperGT league for this page. I know I bitch about the game a lot, but this is one of the best uses I have seen for the very pretty pile of... stuff... Kaz has given us. Great fun, and even racing too. If you are sick of the AI, or grinding, give it a look.

Just won another Ticket-1000, and I got a... Skyline GT-R (R33) '97

:(

I still don't get what I have to do to get this ticket after the first time.

DonMigs85

RoaringHawk said:
Just won another Ticket-1000, and I got a... Skyline GT-R (R33) '97

:(

I still don't get what I have to do to get this ticket after the first time.
My most recent Ticket 1000 is what granted me the Starion, to my utter amazement.

amar212 said:
You can race these Sesonals as much times as you like. Those are not Bonus Races.

So basically, you can earn 750.000 per "turn" (25 laps) and earning aprox. 2,5 mills per day if you race these Seasonals 3 times a day. THrow in Formula 1 races (still avalable) and some Japanese Classics for fun, and for 3 hour session you can net more than 5 millions per day.

Or...

You can save a lot of time, glitch a few races at Nurb and make something like 20 million in 2 hours and solve all cash related problems.

Just yesterday, instead of racing i spend 3 hours buying tires, oil and turbos for my standard race cars.

Spent 5 million on parts alone.

Feels good to be rich man.

Now i can go online and race with a bunch of different cars, since most of them are "ready".

And Mush, if you want XP, this glitch will also help you on that.

jergrah

I was fooling around in an online room a couple of nights ago on the Top Gear track and had the Red Bull X1 car. I was lining it up on the straight against 3 guys with pimped out Bugatti's for drag races and I would do the race in reverse. Even going backwards that car blows everything away - haha. Most of the time I wouldnt be passed by them until 2/3rds down the straight.

The bad part is after driving that car -- going back to anything else just seems crazy slow and takes a few laps to get back to not flying through corners with ease.

I let one of my B-Spec drivers complete the Indy 500 with it -- I think he averaged 34 second laps throughout.

Finally finished the NASCAR B-Spec Championship, which also happens to be the last race I needed to do in B-Spec.

Yeah, ironically I finished all the Endurance Races before NASCAR and Formula GT.

Fuckin Daytona. That race was a million times more intense than Cote D Azur FGT.

At one point I was 11th, which was depressing, then made a miraculous comeback and finally landed 1st. Couldn't drive far enough to keep the cars behind me away though.

Even by the final lap, I barely won with a 1.4 second gap. Sure feels nice getting 1st place on all races though :D

Thank You F.Alonso for your god-tier overtaking skills (also the same driver I used for FGT)

Oh and fuck the prize for the NASCAR race. Seriously, PD, go **** a **** >_>

Finally got back into this thanks to car sharing. Having someone lend me the Formula GT has helped me blast through some previously impossible events without any trouble.

Has it been officially confirmed we're getting more premiums?

Red Blaster said:
Finally got back into this thanks to car sharing. Having someone lend me the Formula GT has helped me blast through some previously impossible events without any trouble.

Has it been officially confirmed we're getting more premiums?

No and i´m now oficially worried that we are still waiting on car leaderboards.

You know, the same feature that was (still is) on GT HD five years ago and was supposed to be on GT5 right from launch.

I hope that comes before they focus on new models.

Angst

Dead Man said:
Pimping the Neogaf SuperGT league for this page. I know I bitch about the game a lot, but this is one of the best uses I have seen for the very pretty pile of... stuff... Kaz has given us. Great fun, and even racing too. If you are sick of the AI, or grinding, give it a look.
join us! :)

amar212

seattle6418 said:

You know, the same feature that was (still is) on GT HD five years ago and was supposed to be on GT5 right from launch.

I would prefer Official Public Races (as seen in Prologue) over Leaderboards.

I hope we'll be getting both in some point.

Current format of Time Trials shows that foundation for Leaderboards is here, it just needs to be applied. I presume that greatest problem with leaderboards is the actual sheer number of variations when car/track/PP/tire-compound numbers are into perspective.

There are many solutions to problem above, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Dibbz

Mush said:
...well, at least they're still updating the seasonals? That's something, I guess.

I don't need the money, Kaz, I need the XP. I've been sitting at lvl. 29 for close to a month, if not longer.

HELP A BROSKI OUT
Mush do an endurance race. I was stuck at 28 for ages and now I'm nearly at 30 by doing 90 laps at Laguna Seca.

Just done a few of the new seasonals. Really enjoying them with my stock Gallardo with Racing Hards. They're really challenging and it's a lot of fun trying to out drive the AI rather than brute forcing through them with more BHP.

I recorded a clip where I overtake a car by out braking him, in the new seasonal, but he pushes really hard to try and get it back. No touching throughout made it even more awesome. Great display to show how good the AI is in GT5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nqqzdBDIWE

Mobius 1

I'm calling right now, GT5 Spec II for E3. Free download.

Ah one can dream.

I love this game. Only that it is not a game. It's a work of art.

Audioboxer

I know things are tough in Japan just now, but pardon my ignorance while I ask has there been any word from Kaz about the next update/future for this game?

I assume DLC is planned soon-ish.

Ark

Norante said:
I'm calling right now, GT5 Spec II for E3. Free download.

Ah one can dream.

I love this game. Only that it is not a game. It's a work of art.

We NEED GT5 Spec II. Seriously, the lack of tracks of beginning to get annoying. I'd gladly pay £15 if it featured tracks like Spa, Silverstone, Sebring, Bathurst..

-viper-

Banned
I want new tracks, cars, events and sounds ;P

I truly hope they make a proper career mode for the next game. None of this arbitary XP bullshit. It seems like I have to play games for the sake of increasing my XP. It just feels boring.

They should look at Shift 2. That is a very good game and the career mode is far superior than to what is in GT5.

PD should bring back old tracks like El Capitan
5582148570_9d0d8c3e88_d.jpg

Costa di Amalfi
5581561647_b5b3c1ef2c_d.jpg

and Cittá d'Aria
5582148510_bd5a4c83dc_d.jpg

few of my favourite tracks from GT4.

Online racing is also awesome, the only reason I still play the game is races like this: http://blip.tv/file/4962530

offshore

Well Sony know Turn 10 are going to be bringing it big to E3 this year, so PD will also have to have something big if they're want to be seen to be competing and staying relevant.

A livery editor is a must IMO.

-viper-

Banned
offshore said:
Well Sony know Turn 10 are going to be bringing it big to E3 this year, so PD will also have to have something big if they're want to be seen to be competing and staying relevant.

A livery editor is a must IMO.
PD should simply release a Spec II style update with new tracks, new cars, new events etc. Like the Wipeout HD Fury pack.

I'd rather wait for GT6 on PS4.

At this rate I'm going to get a racing game burnout. Far too many racers released this generation!

offshore

-viper- said:
PD should simply release a Spec II style update with new tracks, new cars, new events etc. Like the Wipeout HD Fury pack.
Yeah, not disagreeing. I'd just like to see a couple of new features added, like a livery editor and online getting more community features or something.

seattle6418 said:

Bummer. Have they at least confirmed that DLC is coming in the future?

Dibbz said:
Mush do an endurance race. I was stuck at 28 for ages and now I'm nearly at 30 by doing 90 laps at Laguna Seca.

Just done a few of the new seasonals. Really enjoying them with my stock Gallardo with Racing Hards. They're really challenging and it's a lot of fun trying to out drive the AI rather than brute forcing through them with more BHP.

I recorded a clip where I overtake a car by out braking him, in the new seasonal, but he pushes really hard to try and get it back. No touching throughout made it even more awesome. Great display to show how good the AI is in GT5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nqqzdBDIWE

Man that video was awesome, it gave me a huge desire to play the game again.

I haven't touched the single player since maybe December...its so weird. I was playing SP non stop when it came out, getting all golds in the Licenses I attempted (up to 40 so far), trying to get first in every race, buying certain cars for multiple events and just generally having a blast. I got to the Professional series and decided I will now start playing the special events that I was "saving' and thats when my progress stopped.

Eventually new game releases (LBP2, KZ3, C2 etc) start taking over and you forget about the game for a while. Also new seasonals and the Gaf Racing league took all my time up regarding GT5 playtime. But thats the beauty of GT. Five months later and my desire to play this game is through the roof. I haven't even scratched the surface of all the shit to do in the game. I still haven't played with photo mode, created courses, done TT challenges with friends, special events I missed, constant seasonal challenges, and so much more.

Anyway I think this game is criminally underrated on GAF for all the shit it does right and its sad to see. I'm still blown away everytime I watch a youtube clip (like dibbz above) or the screens posted after a league race, its just gorgeous.

Regarding Spec II at E3, I would say I'm pretty skeptical about that but I would definitely be a happy man if it came true.

Cheers.

offshore

rvy said:
Has anything been confirmed for E3? You people keep talking about Spec II. How likely to happen?
Well GT is always at E3 in some capacity, so something GT related will happen. I'm just fearful that the NGP title will be announced, and they'll be nothing said of GT5.

Like I said above, T10 are going to be bringing it large this year, that much is clear. You've got to respond to that. For me, large Spec II update would be a great opportunity for Sony to get a "second wind" with GT5, if you will.

Have PD work on a huge, game-changing update for GT5 to ship around the time Forza 4 ships. It'll help get press. Let's face it, there are only the hardcore GT players paying attention to what's going on with GT, certainly with updates and whatnot.

If Sony announce this mammoth update to ship around the time FM4 releases, suddenly it'll be everywhere, because gaming sites and blogs love the competition that exists between both franchises. It would be free publicity, and it would stop T10 having all the press for themselves. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

offshore said:
Well GT is always at E3 in some capacity, so something GT related will happen. I'm just fearful that the NGP title will be announced, and they'll be nothing said of GT5.

Like I said above, T10 are going to be bringing it large this year, that much is clear. You've got to respond to that. For me, large Spec II update would be a great opportunity for Sony to get a "second wind" with GT5, if you will.

Have PD work on a huge, game-changing update for GT5 to ship around the time Forza 4 ships. It'll help get press. Let's face it, there are only the hardcore GT players paying attention to what's going on with GT, certainly with updates and whatnot.

If Sony announce this mammoth update to ship around the time FM4 releases, suddenly it'll be everywhere, because gaming sites and blogs love the competition that exists between both franchises. It would be free publicity, and it would stop T10 having all the press for themselves. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

This strategy is entirely too logical so therefore would never be done by PD. PD doesn't care about competition and they are convinced they are the only horse in the race, obviously this isn't true.

There won't be spec II, there won't be DLC, there won't be new cars. There will be updates that change the game to the point where it should have been from day 1. Leader boards, etc.

Until there is news of a major restructuring of PD, don't expect much.

Mush

gutterboy44 said:
This strategy is entirely too logical so therefore would never be done by PD. PD doesn't care about competition and they are convinced they are the only horse in the race, obviously this isn't true.

There won't be spec II, there won't be DLC, there won't be new cars. There will be updates that change the game to the point where it should have been from day 1. Leader boards, etc.

STOP IT, MY DREAMS ARE BEING CRUSHED. :(

XRcUC.jpg

Dibbz

You're asking them to create content in like record time. This is PD. They took more than 5 years to get us the tracks and cars we have right now.

Yeah it would be nice to have a big fat DLC pack soon but unless they had a load of half finished tracks and cars when GT5 launched I can't see them pumping out so much content in so little time.

I seriously doubt that they have been holding back content since launch like other games do to release as DLC. If that was the case we would have heard something by now.

offshore

Who says a big patch has to be about adding cars and tracks?

There are plenty of game-related things they could fix/enhance for a Spec II. Like I've said for the billionth time, a livery editor, upgraded community feaures, actually giving us the option to choose to damn time and weather we want to race a certain track on...

There are plenty of things to do. It doesn't just have to be about cars and tracks.

Dead Man

gutterboy44 said:

Sadly, I agree. I miss being optimistic about PD :(

offshore said:

There are plenty of game-related things they could fix/enhance for a Spec II. Like I've said for the billionth time, a livery editor, upgraded community feaures, actually giving us the option to choose to damn time and weather we want to race a certain track on...

There are plenty of things to do. It doesn't just have to be about cars and tracks.
Hell, even more A-Spec events would be something. There are so many great tracks that are only used a couple times in very restrictive series, it is such a waste.

Mush said:
STOP IT, MY DREAMS ARE BEING CRUSHED. :(

XRcUC.jpg

May update with the full 2011 SuperGT season?

A man can dream.

I believe we will see a spec II. They already said they were working on cars such as the HSV, so...

As for the leaderboards i expect them because... IT SAYS IN THE BACK OF THE GAMECASE!

It was supposed to be in from the start, so i don´t know what happened.

Spec II with a few cars and tracks seems OMGWTFBBQ good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
offshore said:

UPPING THE EXP REWARDS TO WHERE IT ISN'T A GRIND. *cough cough*

If it's just premiums and not fixing the GAME aspect, I'll be pissed.
And I'll be double pissed as neither of the Mitsu Eclipses are going to be Premium, I'm sure. I want a '95 Eclipse premium. :()

brentech

TheSeks said:
UPPING THE EXP REWARDS TO WHERE IT ISN'T A GRIND. *cough cough*
That's like the one area I don't really understand what the fuss is about. While it's a stupid curve, there's also nothing in the game to unlock once it gets out of line.....credits are really the only issue since they do hold you back from accessing things you'd like.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
That's like the one area I don't really understand what the fuss is about. While it's a stupid curve, there's also nothing in the game to unlock once it gets out of line...

Getting to level 40 takes FOREVER, man. The EXP jumps hugely once you reach level 17. Even if you do the special events/licenses that's generally not enough to level. See: Mush and his level 29. Unless you grind endurance races for a week, you're not going to get those last few events for a YEAR currently. That's FUCKING STUPID.

That's not even counting the B-spec GRIND that's nearly the same as A-spec but leaving your PS3 on doing nothing but calculations of the AI's racing for hours.

offshore

I think we can all agree that EXP needs to be killed for GT6. I don't know why PD brought in this level system, it clearly wasn't thought through and doesn't work. I'm absolutely all for GT making changes, but not by making the wrong ones :lol

brentech

I'm not saying it's not stupid, just that it's also not a necessity by any means. Getting to level 40 doesn't open up anything else so any change would be fairly meaningless.

I've completed 6 of the 9 endurance races in A-Spec. Each only once.
I've also completed only the bronze for the Vettel challenges (which are high xp in terms of comparison to other events).

With that, I got bumped all the way to level 34 (probably would be higher, but I did them prior to the increase in XP for those events). I don't see myself doing the 9 and 24 hour events until the mid-race save function is available.

I'm not saying this to argue that it's not a lot of XP to get there, but that I didn't grind endurance or anything. But even if I did do them over again, I don't see what getting to level 40 affords me? Maybe that's the real problem....there is no bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow. If there was any meaning to getting level 40 - I'd be holding a pitchfork with you, but for now, I just want more credits.

Mush

You know what's eating me? The complete lack of any announcements from PD. It's pre-release date drama all over again.

Look Kaz, I get it, you're a perfectionist, and that's never going to change, but at least keep us notified. If there is indeed DLC coming, let the community know it's in the fucking damn pipeline. I know you've had the recent quake, and that sucks, but let us know something! Anything! It's been over 4 months since the game shipped. And still, nothing.

Is it so hard to say: "We're all ok, we had some stuff planned, that might be put back because of the March earthquake, but it's still coming."? There. In one short sentence/tweet you've relieved the heartache of thousands like me.

Get. a. fucking. PR. manager. who. speaks. english.

offshore

Mush, calm down, you're getting hysterical man :lol

I don't disagree about Kaz putting out a tweet like that. Now that he's back tweeting again, it would probably be a good time just to update us on what's going on with the welfare of the employees and situation with GT.

Dead Man

Mush said:
You know what's eating me? The complete lack of any announcements from PD. It's pre-release date drama all over again.

Look Kaz, I get it, you're a perfectionist, and that's never going to change, but at least keep us notified. If there is indeed DLC coming, let the community know it's in the fucking damn pipeline. I know you've had the recent quake, and that sucks, but let us know something! Anything! It's been over 4 months since the game shipped. And still, nothing.

Is it so hard to say: "We're all ok, we had some stuff planned, that might be put back because of the March earthquake, but it's still coming."? There. In one short sentence/tweet you've relieved the heartache of thousands like me.

Get. a. fucking. PR. manager. who. speaks. english.
Now that's a *brofist* moment. But yeah, don't let it give you a stroke!

I'd rather have new/old tracks like El Capitan (damn it'd look gorgeous), Seattle (!!!), SSR11 with the FANTASTIC night lighting, Spa (if they can make such a good Nurb, they can make the best Spa ever), etc.

Cars are good too, but tracks and features are more important to me. A couple of premium DTM or the Toyota GT-One would rock but it's not really necessary. What we absolutely don't need are more Nascars lol.

And I don't know if the dirt driving is realistic or not in this game, but I wish the cars had a little more grip, it's pretty tough as it is and my wheeltable looks like it's about to take off even with force feedback at 1 :/ Also get some rally events in there like in GT4, jeez, the Eiger track is really really nice but how many times are normal people going to use it? 2? 3? -_-

Top Bottom