• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Kaze13

spats said:
Make it rain, Kaz. I believe.

Motegi and El Capitan is all it would take to give me a new boner for the game.

I want Midfield, bikes, more premiums and more real life tracks...lol. I know I'll be setting myself up for disappointment.

Mush

brotkasten said:
Oh God, pre-E3 hype. It's back ...
As soon as the news regarding the new images broke I rushed to my videos folder and busted out the Horsepower trailer.

Those were the days...

In my dreams last night I had the sensation of some tremendously loud, mechanical beast bearing down on me at incredible speeds. Little did I know it was the GT5 hype train.

Come on new tracks! You took away my car duping, then my Nurb. glitch. I hate you Kaz...but I keep coming back. I don't know how to quit you.

Mush

I'll give someone 5 internet respects if they can make an GT5 version of the Sonic cycle picture.

I would, but it's sleepy time for Mush. :p

Toxa

gutterboy44 said:
In my dreams last night I had the sensation of some tremendously loud, mechanical beast bearing down on me at incredible speeds. Little did I know it was the GT5 hype train.

Come on new tracks! You took away my car duping, then my Nurb. glitch. I hate you Kaz...but I keep coming back. I don't know how to quit you.

Wesley Snipes is gone :(

Toxa said:
Wesley Snipes is gone :(

Haha. Was just messing around with the new avatar system. When I have more time I will probably photoshop Simon Pheonix in front of Old Trafford. Maybe me with a Bender DVD boxset head will be in the background in the stands.

Toxa

gutterboy44 said:
Haha. Was just messing around with the new avatar system. When I have more time I will probably photoshop Simon Pheonix in front of Old Trafford. Maybe me with a Bender DVD boxset head will be in the background in the stands.

good to hear that xD

amar212

offshore said:
Come on, you love it really ^_^

E3 2001, 4 months before 9/11.

Me standing in front of beautiful GT3 A-Spec display in Convention Centre hallways day before official opening. Couldn't wait for chance to play it on then newly introduced Logitech GT Force wheels. Lines for GT booth were impossible to describe, E3 backthen was more public than today.

Beautiful times.

S8PAg.jpg

KingDizzi

Banned
amar212 said:
E3 2001, 4 months before 9/11.

Me standing in front of beautiful GT3 A-Spec display in Convention Centre hallways day before official opening. Couldn't wait for chance to play it on then newly introduced Logitech GT Force wheels. Lines for GT booth were impossible to describe, E3 backthen was more public than today.

Beautiful times.

S8PAg.jpg

you've got a beautiful face.

Expecting PD to be there is some shape or form, have they missed any E3's as of late? I think we will see a trailer for GT NGP and GT5 Spec II.

BeeDog

I haven't kept track of GT5 news lately, but have there been ANY indicators that they're going to release some massive update to GT5? Or is everything just assumptions?

offshore

BeeDog said:
I haven't kept track of GT5 news lately, but have there been ANY indicators that they're going to release some massive update to GT5? Or is everything just assumptions?
Pretty much all assumptions. Although it has gone quiet on the GT5 update front, so they could be packing everything into a big update. I hope we get a GT5 closer to what Polyphony envisioned, but if it can't be done easily, I'd rather have them put it all into GT6 for late 2012 sometime. Indeed, I suspect GT6 will be the game Polyphony wanted GT5 to be.

brentech

The only thing I'm aware of is Kaz tweeting that they were developing the feature to save mid-race/championship. I'm sure there is more that will be packed in with that though...

brentech said:
The only thing I'm aware of is Kaz tweeting that they were developing the feature to save mid-race/championship. I'm sure there is more that will be packed in with that though...

I swear to god if this feature isn't added in the next update I am going to fly to Japan or whatever ice drift track racing bullshit event Kaz is at, grab Translator san, and tell him all of the concepts and game changes he needs to make to GT5 before he drives the franchise into the ground any further.

Watching what has been done to GT5 is like watching some one grind the gears of a Ferrari. This amazing thing has been created, but it is being piloted by a retard.

amar212 said:
I would pay 60$ to have all those courses in GT5, even if just being "HD remasters" as TM or DF, no kidding here.

So, I stand hopeful as all of you and raising my hope for the Queen of Queens:

19.jpg

Yep, i would also pay 60 bucks for that alone. Since we have ugly cars, we don´t mind having ugly tracks also.

SSR11 90´s layout, Grindewald, Tahiti Road... oh that would be something.

Btw Kaz, Leaderboards also.

We need this.

KTHXBYE

amar212

Hm, how to put this..

All I can say in this very moment is that the true beauty of the evolution lies in the unexpected occurencies that reinstalls love to the undeniable beauty of the Nature.

offshore said:
Come on, you love it really ^_^
Of course I love it. I care about GT5, otherwise wouldn't bitch and whine.

amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

All I can say in this very moment is that the true beauty of the evolution lies in the unexpected occurencies that reinstalls love to the undeniable beauty of the Nature.

1. What?
2. WHEN?

h3ro

amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

I request DEMAND allusions to wind and birds. Thanks.

hype.

Niks

amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

Hype train is now boarding folks!!

Niks

amar212 said:
All I can say in this very moment is that the true beauty of the evolution lies in the unexpected occurrences that reinstalls love to the undeniable beauty of the Nature.

Hmm... so its not the tracks?

amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

RALLY COURSES!!!!!! GROUP B PREMIUM MAH-FUKAHZ

Niks said:
Hmm... so its not the tracks?

But PD basically does the opposite of something that you would logically expect in the game. So by not having new tracks or anything, they have already gone against the expected. By adding tracks, that would actually now be unexpected.

What I am trying to say is, ALL ABOARD@!!!! Fuck yes cryptic Amar hype train is back. Oh the good old days.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, why is Nature capitalized.

GAF, please turn in a 2 page report on Amar's statement. You have until tomorrow, and you may use the Internet.

OK I just got this game and I have what I think is a dumb question. I want to do an event that requires a lightweight car, I don't have any in my garage. I can view the requirements for the race and see the list of qualifying cars, but how do I see that when I'm in the dealerships. Like how do I know which car qualifies when I'm actually trying to buy one? Do i just have to remember the names of some of them and see if they're in my price range?

-viper-

Banned
TSAGoodness said:
OK I just got this game and I have what I think is a dumb question. I want to do an event that requires a lightweight car, I don't have any in my garage. I can view the requirements for the race and see the list of qualifying cars, but how do I see that when I'm in the dealerships. Like how do I know which car qualifies when I'm actually trying to buy one? Do i just have to remember the names of some of them and see if they're in my price range?
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gran-turismo-5/81077-race-series-guide-career-seasonal-events.html

brentech

At this point, everything that kaz has stated as coming on twitter has been added. So, I'm not buying any speculation and only taking what is said from him or any official statements.

= no hype for possible disappointment.

Dead Man

amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

DON'T TEASE ME.

amar212

NEOPARADIGM said:
That's not very informative, actually.

It is to be honest, but at this moment (today) I only have a very vague info regarding everything. As soon as I get the full information I will spill the beans.

All I can say is that unexpected occurrences are shaping to happen in the very near future as I've been told. And I am not talking months here. However, their actual shape and matter still have to be disclosed.

Dead Man

amar212 said:
It is to be honest, but at this moment (today) I only have a very vague info regarding everything. As soon as I get the full information I will spill the beans.

All I can say is that unexpected occurrences are shaping to happen in the very near future as I've been told. And I am not talking months here. However, their actual shape and matter still have to be disclosed.
Years. :(

Angst

amar212 said:

:)

New venues for season 2 mush? :)

Top Bottom