• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

spats

A 500mb content patch that reduces loading times, softens the shadows and streamlines the interface. Also adds universal support for weather and day/night controls for every track.

New Pikes Peak special events with all variations on the track, also comes with a premium group B rally car pack - for 2.99.

It's one of those I'm sure.

Any time now.

spats said:
A 500mb content patch that reduces loading times, softens the shadows and streamlines the interface. Also adds universal support for weather and day/night controls for every track.

New Pikes Peak special events with all variations on the track, also comes with a premium group B rally car pack - for 2.99.

It's one of those I'm sure.

Any time now.
Replace the better shadows with full G27 support, because that's more realistic.

spats

brotkasten said:
Replace the better shadows with full G27 support, because that's more realistic.

How about both? Cookies for everybody!

Realistically I'm not expecting much. DLC tracks announcement at best.

spats said:
How about both? Cookies for everybody!

Realistically I'm not expecting much. DLC tracks announcement at best.
Both? Sure, why not!

5.jpg

To be honest, full G27 support is probably as realistic as better shadows. :lol

I guess a small content update with some premium cars (HSV) and few tracks would be cool. I'm not expecting new A-Spec events or something like that (would probably mess up the trophies).

brentech

I've determined that you're all part of the problem.

I'd rather sit and wait in the shadows than continually make stuff up just to feel let down when information and actual patches finally do release. Now I realize why I didn't get into the GT5 threads until the original OT opened up. My lord.

spats

brentech said:
I've determined that you're all part of the problem.

I'd rather sit and wait in the shadows than continually make stuff up just to feel let down when information and actual patches finally do release. Now I realize why I didn't get into the GT5 threads until the original OT opened up. My lord.

Don't be so boring, it's only a bit of fun. :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

All I can say in this very moment is that the true beauty of the evolution lies in the unexpected occurencies that reinstalls love to the undeniable beauty of the Nature.
You mean they accidentally fixed the friggin shadows? ; )

amar212 said:
Hm, how to put this..

All I can say in this very moment is that the true beauty of the evolution lies in the unexpected occurencies that reinstalls love to the undeniable beauty of the Nature.

*Sighs* my brain is in taters trying to decipher this, please tell us in human terms anything you know amar. The last time my hype meter filled up it ended up cracking leaving a big hole to be patched

Dibbz

All the talk of beauty has gotta mean they're upgrading something. Maybe all standards are now premium.

Lol what have I done.

-viper-

Banned
Dibbz said:
All the talk of beauty has gotta mean they're upgrading something. Maybe all standards are now premium.

Lol what have I done.
They should only put the race cars and the high performance vehicles as standards. Save time and effort.

Mobius 1

One needs to be realistic. The shadows can't be fixed in my opinion, not without sacrificing much else. The PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to handle all that. It still blows my mind that Polyphony is able to pull those graphics on a system with fucking 480MB of RAM.

My bet is new tracks, or updates to previously seen tracks, more environmental effects or time change support on more courses.

More cars, perhaps the event editor and the point to point course creator.

Dibbz said:

Lol what have I done.
Giving all standard cars a modeled interior for cockpit views would be a nice start.

ashk

S. L. said:
is the endurance save support a confirmed thing? then i better wait before tackling the long ones >_<

Kaz confirmed on twitter that they were working on it. He didn't say when it would be coming though.

S. L. said:
is the endurance save support a confirmed thing? then i better wait before tackling the long ones >_<

I've been saving these (along with the Formula GT Championship) in the hope of a save option, they just aren't do-able without one.

S. L.

drugstore_cowboy said:
I've been saving these (along with the Formula GT Championship) in the hope of a save option, they just aren't do-able without one.
the 2hour'ish ones are challenging and fun but the longer ones and especially the 24hour ones T_T

I have 9 hour and two 24 hours left in my A-Spec. I can handle the 9 hour in a day but I don't want to just leave my PS3 on for a week or more to get the 24 hours done. I want to finish this god damn game and get my platinum.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't enjoy this game as much when their are still trophies to get. It is just the OCD part of me that wants to accomplish everything and then I start to go through and customize and race each car I own. It has always been this way in GT games. Get to 100%, try to drive every car I own. In this case, I will likely be doing the latter online. Love racing against people with my odd choice cars.

Dibbz

Honestly I wouldn't mind if we got a few new tracks and premiums. Day/Night on every track would be nice to but honestly I can't see them doing that until GT6.

If there are new tracks please let them be real world tracks. I like GT's original tracks but I'd rather have tracks like Circuit de Catalunya, Spa and Sepang.

Niks

Dibbz said:
Honestly I wouldn't mind if we got a few new tracks and premiums.

Yeah that's what we are most probably getting + fixes (endurance saves, etc..)
I would be happy with that.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for new tracks (spa) although there was talk about Pikes Peak a few months ago?

offshore

Real life tracks are unlikely to make it as it just negates the reason to buy the next retail GT in which they're likely to be included.

I'd like to see a couple of GT courses though, Midfield especially.

I gotta say that I am really satisfied with the Course Creator, I raced on some rvery fun tracks that other people made this past weekend.

If only the scenery were better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gutterboy44 said:
I have 9 hour and two 24 hours left in my A-Spec. I can handle the 9 hour in a day but I don't want to just leave my PS3 on for a week or more to get the 24 hours done. I want to finish this god damn game and get my platinum.

I gave up on Platinum after they stopped the duping. No reason to sit there grinding for hours for cars and horrible EXP for the A/B-spec trophies. :/ You're a tougher man than I am man.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
El Capitan is the epitome of "nature".

But perhaps "nature" implies, the nature, or subject at hand...in this case being GT5. My prediction:

2-4 New Tracks
Additional Options
All New Cars
A number of high-end standard cars re-skinned as Premiums.

spats

AlphaSnake said:
El Capitan is the epitome of "nature".

But perhaps "nature" implies, the nature, or subject at hand...in this case being GT5. My prediction:

2-4 New Tracks
Additional Options
All New Cars
A number of high-end standard cars re-skinned as Premiums.

It'd be cool if they upgraded the Veyron to premium. There's been so much whining about it being standard (even though I thought it was a pretty good looking standard car)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I wonder if that 25 track-logo discovery holds any water. Could we really be getting 25 new tracks in an update? Amar said "reinstalls" and "nature". Are we going to be reinstalling the game with a plethora of new environments/tracks/"nature"?

:)

DonMigs85

I noticed there are a few Standards that appeared in the used dealership that are fairly recent models - 2007 or later. WHHHHYYY

Mush

DonMigs85 said:
I noticed there are a few Standards that appeared in the used dealership that are fairly recent models - 2007 or later. WHHHHYYY
They were made for GTPSP and not GT5.

It still bewilders me to this day why they would go to the trouble of modelling these cars and not bother to make a Premium version at the same time.

The Furai, R8 LMS, Veyron and more were all snubbed.

Melfice7

Finally a chance to use this

daihatsu-ofc-1.jpg

Actually the last race isnt so bad to grind.. around 3:10s = 100k. Better than the american champ

Dibbz

I have a feeling that all these logos are not meant for GT5 but rather the next iteration of GT Portable.

How is it possible that they would be able to recreate 25 tracks for GT5 in such a short amount of time? I don't want them to just straight port from PS2 to PS3, the tracks would looks like crap. Just look at trial mountain.

It's more logical that they port all those tracks from PS2 to NGP.

offshore

Dibbz said:
I don't want them to just straight port from PS2 to PS3, the tracks would looks like crap. Just look at trial mountain.
I think they may as well bring them to PS3. Trial Mountain, Laguna Seca and Monaco look absolutely awful, so PD may as well port the rest across. I mean they can't look any worse.

This track logo thing seems like nothing, and it probably is for GT NGP like Dibbz says.

offshore

I would imagine after the complete disaster that was GT PSP's development, they probably are working to get the NGP out pretty early. Something which can only be a good thing.

Angst

Dibbz said:
I have a feeling that all these logos are not meant for GT5 but rather the next iteration of GT Portable.

How is it possible that they would be able to recreate 25 tracks for GT5 in such a short amount of time? I don't want them to just straight port from PS2 to PS3, the tracks would looks like crap. Just look at trial mountain.

It's more logical that they port all those tracks from PS2 to NGP.
If they release them for free I'm happy with the "standard" track look. If they want money for it I expect them to have done a lot of work with the tracks first.

All this time I've been thinking we would get some sort of paid Spec II update, this just makes me think even more that's what we're getting.

What I don't understand however, is that they got a system in place for DLC cars, with the appropriate dialog boxes and everything, but they only used it for the Pre-order/Colectors edition thingy and that one Facebook car.

offshore said:
I think they may as well bring them to PS3. Trial Mountain, Laguna Seca and Monaco look absolutely awful, so PD may as well port the rest across. I mean they can't look any worse.

This track logo thing seems like nothing, and it probably is for GT NGP like Dibbz says.
I don't care how the track looks. Give me a layout, put some asphalt on it and let me drive.

offshore said:
I would imagine after the complete disaster that was GT PSP's development, they probably are working to get the NGP out pretty early. Something which can only be a good thing.
How is this a good thing? I couldn't care less about the NGP or GT NGP. How about fixing GT5 first? My wheel is collecting dust.

offshore

brotkasten said:
How is this a good thing?
Because if it comes out early, it means it'll be out of the way. As long as GT NGP is a project that's still in development, it means PD can't focus solely GT5/6 and will have to juggle between the two...something which almost certainly harmed GT5 and GT PSP.

PD are never going to outsource GT NGP, so I think it's better to get it out of the way now, so PD can then just focus on GT5/6 without millions of people wondering what's going on with the NGP game.
I don't care how the track looks. Give me a layout, put some asphalt on it and let me drive.
Yeah I don't disagree. I'd love to have Midfield back regardless of how it looks.

KingDizzi

Banned
offshore said:

Indeed, GT PSP was also simply horrible as a game however managed to sell over 2 million so if PD actually make an effort with GT NGP it's gonna do really well. It really should be the game where we start seeing changes, if that game does not have a revamped a-spec and what not, well then rest assured future GT games aren't going to change at all.

brotkasten said:
How is this a good thing? I couldn't care less about the NGP or GT NGP. How about fixing GT5 first? My wheel is collecting dust.

World does not revolve around you. GT5 ain't gonna change much at this point, we will have to wait for all these changes in future games like GT NGP, we're at a stage now where even small things which should have been there from the start like the addition of leaderboards looks unlikely. This is all about business after all, sounds great to us having PD work on GT5 forever and add new tracks, cars etc in updates but that shit won't fly with Sony. Why would they allow PD to keep working on GT5 and not fuck everyone over with another $60 game in a couple years time?

Top Bottom